PDA

View Full Version : Blindness/Deafness

leden
2008-02-05, 07:50 PM
Hi, I've been GMing for a few sessions and it's going great, thanks for asking.
:smallcool:
But I have a problem, two of my players, a wizard and a sorcerer, spam every strong solo creature with blindness/deafness until they fail their saves, and that's really annoying, so I'm looking for a solution. I won't ban it because my players will get mad and we don't use a DM screen so throwing in secret isn't an option.

What can I do?

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-02-05, 07:53 PM
Enemies with good fort saves, masses of enemies, and multiple encounters. Make them run out of spells, then hit them with more enemies. Or just use enemies who have blindsense. Whatever.

Souju
2008-02-05, 07:58 PM
have some wizard/sorcerer mobs come out of nowhere and cast it on them :)

blue_fenix
2008-02-05, 07:58 PM
Also, oozes and other things without eyes/ears are great. Agreed with the "make them run out of spells" idea. Send waves of weak things at them one day, followed by only one major enemy the next. Teaches them to consider when to conserve and when to go all out. Finally, turn the tables on them by putting them in magical darkness against something that can see through it.

Douglas
2008-02-05, 08:10 PM
Target: One living creature
Nonliving enemies, such as constructs and undead, are immune to it.

Sornjss Lichdom
2008-02-05, 08:50 PM
Nonliving enemies, such as constructs and undead, are immune to it.

That will P*** them off as well... give it a try.

Ascension
2008-02-05, 09:31 PM
Hah, for once someone other than the rogues and scouts is nerfed against stuff without easily exploited weaknesses! :smallamused:

Sorry, after you mentioned that their spam spell wouldn't work against constructs, undead, oozes, and the like, I just had to gloat a little. I get so few chances to do so...