PDA

View Full Version : Fast Bardic Music?

_Puppetmaster_
2008-02-05, 10:02 PM
Hi, my character is a 4th-level bard and I'd like to know if there is a feat that makes it so that you can do things other than a move action on a turn when you concentrate on bardic music.

Jack Zander
2008-02-05, 10:03 PM
Bardic music only takes a standard action to activate. It takes no actions to concentrate on it (though some actions such as casting spells will cancel it).

Aerogoat
2008-02-05, 10:05 PM
There's a skill trick in Complete Scoundrel that lets you concentrate as a Swift Action 1 round/encounter

There's a feat in Complete Mage called Melodic Casting, which lets you cast spells while using your Bardic Music

There's the Harmonizing weapon enhancement in the Magic Item Compendium which takes over your Bardic Music to a limited degree

There's the Song of the White Raven feat in Tome of Battle, which lets you Inspire Courage as a Swift action.

And Sonorous Hum from the Spell Compendium might affect Bardic Music. I'll check that out. No dice.

_Puppetmaster_
2008-02-05, 10:07 PM
Bardic music only takes a standard action to activate. It takes no actions to concentrate on it (though some actions such as casting spells will cancel it).

but it says that it takes a standard action to concentrate on bardic music

Some bardic music abilities require concentration, which means the bard must take a standard action each round to maintain the ability.

Jack Zander
2008-02-05, 10:11 PM
Only some of them such as fascinate. All the ones useful in battle do not.

_Puppetmaster_
2008-02-05, 10:12 PM
[QUOTE=Aerogoat;3895553]There's a skill trick in Complete Scoundrel that lets you concentrate as a Swift Action 1 round/encounter

There's a feat in Complete Mage called Melodic Casting, which lets you cast spells while using your Bardic Music

There's the Harmonizing weapon enhancement in the Magic Item Compendium which takes over your Bardic Music to a limited degree[QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll check those out.

Ganbor
2008-02-06, 03:07 AM
but it says that it takes a standard action to concentrate on bardic music

Key word in the quote is some - Inspire Competence, Fascinate and Suggestion require concentration to maintain, and Song of Freedom takes 1min of concentration to use, but no such thing is needed for Inspire Courage/Greatness/Heroics.

_Puppetmaster_
2008-02-06, 01:35 PM
Key word in the quote is some - Inspire Competence, Fascinate and Suggestion require concentration to maintain, and Song of Freedom takes 1min of concentration to use, but no such thing is needed for Inspire Courage/Greatness/Heroics.

ah...*slaps forehead*

PS: click on thedragon egg in my sig so it can hatch.

Fax Celestis
2008-02-06, 01:39 PM
You could also suborn the Quicken Supernatural Ability feat from Tome of Magic.