PDA

View Full Version : War weaver + divine metta cheese?

ronnyfire
2008-02-06, 12:46 AM
Ok, so. I started a thread that was far to vague and has a horrid topic name asking this, so im trying once more.

My friend is hosting an online campaign that he says will be hard as can be, and is saying to make our characters basically as broken as we can within the rules.

It is gestalt.

Starting level 1, but planning on this game lasting a long time.

Planning the character to level 20

Allowed to take two PRC's at the same time if needed, and alignment restrictions don't apply. Flaws are allowed, as are traits.
ANY 3.5 book i can get my hands on.

I wanted to play a healing / buffing pacifist maniac.

So i thought that i would go, Cleric, Wizard, going into War Weaver.

War Weavers are able to cast non offensive spells into a weave between them and some allies. Must be a non personal ranged spell.

I am wondering if i am able to increase the range on all my cleric spells such as divine power and such, so i can Divine meta-cheese my whole party, and make the DM smile wen he notices what i can pull off. :P

So yeah, i ask you.. the D&D knowledge base if you know how i could pull this off within the rules.

Douglas
2008-02-06, 01:25 AM
What level are you, and what restrictions are there on the gestalt? The book recommends not allowing combo classes like Mystic Theurge and only allowing one PrC at each level, but some DMs have different ideas about that.

ronnyfire
2008-02-06, 03:08 PM
Do i get no love people? :P

Fenix_of_Doom
2008-02-06, 04:10 PM
Do i get no love people? :P

Hey you got one more post than last time, it's improving:smalltongue:.

Also if you want range spells a good way to go would be to get two hierophant levels for Divine Reach and a mystic theurge on the other side, if that's allowed.
If you also want arcane reach you could get a level of archmage.
This way you can use your DMM for quicken or persist.

Douglas
2008-02-06, 04:13 PM
Well, if you really want to you could pull off Pun-Pun with those non-restrictions.

Sadly, there is no way I know of to change the range of a personal range cleric spell. There are a few ways to get such spells onto other people, but none of them involve actually changing the range of the spell so none of them work with War Weaver.

There is, however, a way to do it for arcane casters: the 4th level ability of the Spellguard of Silverymoon PrC from Player's Guide to Faerun increases the range of personal "defensive" arcane spells to touch. "Defensive" is defined as improving AC, increasing a save modifier, or increasing hp either by healing or granting temporary hp. Divine Power gives 1 temp hp/level. It is also available as an arcane spell via the Arcane Disciple feat for a few domains. War domain has it in core, Competition and maybe a few others in the Spell Compendium. Competition also has Righteous Might, which improves AC and therefore qualifies as defensive.

So, you can do it, but only by either waiting a very long time or abandoning cleric spell progression after level 5. You can go back to cleric casting at level 10 if you want, though, and your wizard casting should make the four lost levels of cleric not hurt so much.

Douglas
2008-02-08, 09:04 AM
Now that I think about it, Geomancer can probably make Spellguard applicable to your divine spells. So, I'd suggest Cleric 5/Geomancer 10//Wizard 5/Spellguard of Silverymoon 4/War Weaver 5/Spellguard +1 for the first 15 levels. Finish off the last 5 however you like.

namo
2008-02-08, 04:25 PM
Also consider Archivist (available online on the WotC website) to draw buffs from most spell lists. A dip in Sacred Exorcist can give you Turn Undead if you want to use DMM.