PDA

View Full Version : I'm annoying huh? I'm annoying Huh? [ITEM]

Lady Tialait
2008-02-06, 08:20 AM
I havn't posted anything in a while so I thought I would go through my notes and find something of intrest. And here it is.

The Amulet of Annoyance
This small golden medalion has a bright circle in the middle of it that seems to be a humanoid face with it's tounge stuck out.
Price (Item Level): 4,000gp (4nd)
Body Slot: Throat
Aura: Faint (Enchantment)
Activation: Standard
Weight: -

To activate the amulet of annoyance is a Immidiete action. When you acitive the amulet you desinate one oppoent with 8 HD or less within 60ft. That person must make a will save DC 14 or be Dazed for 1 round. This may be used upto 4 times a day.

History: The first of thease amulets where created as a practical joke, by an unknown wizard. But more resently it has been implemented by wizards in mid combat to keep attacks away from them. In addion many rouges use theses devices for emergancy.

Prerequites: Craft Wonderous Item, Daze
Cost to Create: (um...need help here i'm really bad with this part)

Well any comments? can someone gimme the cost to create. and tell me if i got something wrong here. We have three peaple in my campaign who swear thease must be undercosts or something because how nice they are.

EldritchExMachina
2008-02-06, 12:06 PM
It is underpriced for a few reasons:
1) The Daze monster spell has a hard cap of 6 HD. This item's HD limit is above that, so you're starting with something that's around a 3rd level spell.
2) The will save DC of 14 conforms to the 3rd level spell requirements (10 + Spell level + 1 (needs at least a 13 in the appropriate stat).

The calculation for something like this that is use activated is 2000 x Spell level x Caster level (2000 x 3 x 5). You have 4 times per day so that reduces the cost (x0.80). The grand total should be 24000 (2000 base x 3 spell level x 5 caster level x 0.80).

Lady Tialait
2008-02-06, 12:17 PM
So I need to raise the price, how about the effect, like it..hate it what?

Wiat, now that price seems way to high. I mean, it isn't powerful enough for that, by the time you can afford that amulet your over the HD that it is useful for.

EldritchExMachina
2008-02-06, 12:45 PM
Lowering it to a casting of Daze Monster (max HD 6, DC 13) will do a lot for that price, landing it at 9600 gold. Magic item prices are a bit silly based on the raw system though. At what you have it statted at, I'd really put it around 12000 gold max even though the system kind of calls for more.

Lady Tialait
2008-02-06, 12:57 PM
I personally think the price would be fair at around 4000, That is about how much someone of the level it will be useful can afford. After all, your basically useing a Throat slot (Amulet and such) for it, It has a very high limet, (limet on HD and Will save) and is only the Dazed Status effect (not the best effect out there) ....But then again, I almost set it to a DC 10 HD 4 item. useing the Caltrip...but What do you think about that?

Shishnarfne
2008-02-06, 01:09 PM
I'm of the opinion that using Supply and Demand, 4000 gp would be far more reasonable than 20000 gp for this item. It doesn't do enough, and doesn't stay useful long enough to merit a level 8 spending half of their WBL to buy one.

Now, a DC 10 4HD version based on the cantrip, I'd call 1000gp a decent place to start... Probably more powerful than a CLW wand, but not as useful.

Lady Tialait
2008-02-06, 01:41 PM
I agree, 4000 sounds about right, nobody would buy it at the cost by RAW.

Raroy
2008-02-06, 01:50 PM
I think the developers planned out the Albed language just for that scene. It wasn't even a language, it was just the alphabet switched around. I personally think the DC should be higher since no one could withstand that.

Ascension
2008-02-06, 04:02 PM
It seems to me like an amulet of annoyance should cast Rage or increase the DC of an opponent's concentration check or something. Daze seems like a strange effect to give it.

Lady Tialait
2008-02-06, 04:25 PM
I think the developers planned out the Albed language just for that scene. It wasn't even a language, it was just the alphabet switched around. I personally think the DC should be higher since no one could withstand that.

You sir, win a gold star, or a kiss, your pick.

As for what it does, and the DC the DC is perposly low, but at first I was thinking it as an at will abiltiy, so to do anything within 60ft. of them you would have to make a will save.

As for the Dazed effect, if you have played FFX, when they are evacuationing the Abed place ...I couldn't do much without muting the TV. I was Dazed. hence I made this Magic Item.

Ascension
2008-02-06, 04:54 PM
Wait, what? Abed? FFX? What does an amulet of annoyance have to do with Final Fantasy? None of your fluff in the original post suggested the connection.

Lady Tialait
2008-02-06, 04:56 PM
The Title of the Tread suggested that.

But the Fluff doesn't. You hear something soo annoying your are dazed is what the item is to do. So, casting, or useing Magical Items is impossable. That is the effect anyway.