PDA

View Full Version : Lone guardsman (YOU!) vs GlaDOS

Zenos
2008-02-06, 10:43 AM
You're an Imperial Guardsman onboard an imperial Battlecruiser that has been taken over by the crazy machine GlaDOS. There are lot's of dead SM's and IG's everywhere, and some dead tech adepts. Your mission is to disable GlaDOS and escape in a shuttle. Shy has conttrol of some hundred servitors on board.
Can you, as a Lone Guardsman, escape?

Storm Bringer
2008-02-06, 10:47 AM
You're an Imperial Guardsman onboard an imperial Battlecruiser that has been taken over by the crazy machine GlaDOS. There are lot's of dead SM's and IG's everywhere, and some dead tech adepts. Your mission is to disable GlaDOS and escape in a shuttle. Shy has conttrol of some hundred servitors on board.
Can you, as a Lone Guardsman, escape?

With only a hundred servitors left and 5 km of warship to hide it? hell yhea. thiers far too many places to be covered, and the fluff makes it clear that, somewhat suprisingly, the imperium's are NOT covered in CCTV cameras.

and with all that dead SMurf gear to nick (bolters, metla charges, ect), ammo is a non-issue.

doesn't explain where all the dead SMurfs are form, mind. I'd be worried about what killed them.

LBO
2008-02-06, 10:51 AM
What, with my standard-issue flashlight and T-shirt lasgun and flak vest?
Not a fricking chance if she's taken down Space Marines (though what are they doing on the ship in the first place?

And why would a Guardsman footgrunt know how to fly a shuttle?

Zenos
2008-02-06, 11:17 AM
What, with my standard-issue flashlight and T-shirt lasgun and flak vest?
Not a fricking chance if she's taken down Space Marines (though what are they doing on the ship in the first place?

And why would a Guardsman footgrunt know how to fly a shuttle?

He's a far descendant of Link from LoZ. Inherited trait.

And about the SM's, they were killed by *Get's gagged and hoisted up into the ceiling by a pair of alien claws*

Storm Bringer
2008-02-06, 12:14 PM
He's a far descendant of Link from LoZ. Inherited trait.

And about the SM's, they were killed by *Get's gagged and hoisted up into the ceiling by a pair of alien claws*

then my mian prioity is avoiding the SMurf killers. Rogue AI on a ship she isn't familiar with and his not particularly networked, i can deal with.

things that killed a company or so of SMurfs, i cannot.

Zenos
2008-02-06, 12:18 PM
then my mian prioity is avoiding the SMurf killers. Rogue AI on a ship she isn't familiar with and his not particularly networked, i can deal with.

things that killed a company or so of SMurfs, i cannot.

Just think of it as "that alien menace which doesn't bother you but is keeping some five hundred various types of combat an gun servitors from comming for ya and will surely bother SMurf Terminators when this place becoems a Space Hulk".

Storm Bringer
2008-02-06, 02:19 PM
Just think of it as "that alien menace which doesn't bother you but is keeping some five hundred various types of combat an gun servitors from comming for ya and will surely bother SMurf Terminators when this place becoems a Space Hulk".

oh, genestealers. you had be worried thier.....:smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin:

but, back to the point, the low autonomation of Imperial ships would seriously hamper Her ability to manipulate things. I mean, a couple of well placed metla bombs would bugger the plasma drives, and when they're buggered, you are.

admitantly, It's not likey that a guardie would know enough about Imperial Battlecruiser engines to know where to place them.....

Ashtar
2008-02-06, 04:23 PM
Guardsmen are trained to obey orders above all. I would simply follow the orders the machine spirit is transmitting and probably die horribly in a strange experiment.

I mean, the machine spirit is good, no?

Zenos
2008-02-06, 04:29 PM
Guardsmen are trained to obey orders above all. I would simply follow the orders the machine spirit is transmitting and probably die horribly in a strange experiment.

I mean, the machine spirit is good, no?

But this is an [I]alien[/] artificial intelligencewhich hasn't recieved the blessings of the Tech Adepts of Mars.

Storm Bringer
2008-02-06, 05:28 PM
But this is an [I]alien[/] artificial intelligencewhich hasn't recieved the blessings of the Tech Adepts of Mars.

it's artificial intelligence. That, in and of itself, is enough. The imperium does not have AI, for the very simple reason that they don't trust them. One of the causes of the Long Night (The collpase of Dark Age of Tech civilsation, before the founding of the Imperium) was a rebellion by the AI's.

So, the fact that the ship is talking in an intellgent manner is enought to warrant it being destoryed ("it's pocessed by a deamon!")

Eita
2008-02-06, 06:06 PM
Wrong. Old Night was caused by the birth pangs of Slaanesh. The Age of Iron where AIs rebelled was long before that.