PDA

View Full Version : Non-Anthromorphic Creature [Template]

BisectedBrioche
2008-02-06, 01:44 PM
With all the anthromorphic animal templates floating around this seemed like the logical conclusion. Basically its a template which reduces an intelligent creature to an animalistic, quadrapedic version of itself.

Beastiamorphic Being

Beastiamorphic is a template which can be applied to any humanoid or monsterous humanoid with an intelligence score of 3 or higher hereafter refered to as the base creature.

Size and Type

The base creature's type changes to animal, it retains any subtypes. Its size changes dependending on its HD;

{TABLE=head]HD|Size Category
<5|-1
6-12|0
13+|+1[/TABLE]

HD All Hit Dies are changed to d8s. The base creature retains all HDs it had previously.

Speed All the base creature's limbs become legs (in most cases this should make it a quadraped), adjust the speed accordingly.

AC AC bonus is as base creature's +1

Attack The base creature gains a bite attack (if it has a mouth) and claw attacks suitable for its size. It retains all of its natural weapons except those present on its forelimbs. The creatures BAB becomes equal to 3/4 its hit dice.

Special Attacks/Qualities The base creature retains all extrordinary and supernatural abilities except those which used body parts it no longer has. Spell like abilities are retained as long as they do not require intelligence or wisdom to use. All spellcasting abilities are lost. In addition they gain the following abilities;

Stability: The extra legs makes the creature exceptionally stable on their feet. For every extra pair of legs they receive a +2 bonus on ability checks made to resist being bull rushed or tripped when standing on the ground (but not when climbing, flying, riding or otherwise not standing firmly on the ground).

Animal Traits
Intelligence score of 1 or 2 (no creature with an Intelligence score of 3 or higher can be an animal).
Low-light vision.
Alignment: Always neutral.
Treasure: None.
Proficient with its natural weapons only. A noncombative herbivore uses its natural weapons as a secondary attack. Such attacks are made with a -5 penalty on the creature’s attack rolls, and the animal receives only ½ its Strength modifier as a damage adjustment.
Proficient with no armor unless trained for war.
Animals eat, sleep, and breathe.

Saves Fort and Ref increase by +2, Will is reduced by -4 (to a minimum of +0)

Abilities Intelligence drops to 1 (if the base creature had an intelligence of 9 or lower) or 2 (if the BC had an intelligence score higher than 10). Str, Con and Dex increase by 2, Cha and Wis drop to 10 or remain the same (whichever is lower).

Skills The base creature retains all its ranks (Treat racial bonuses as ranks) in the following skills and loses the rest: Balance, Climb, Hide, Jump, Intimidate, Spot, Listen, Survival and swim.

Feats The base creature retains all general feats for which they still meet the prerequisites for with their changed stats.

Environment As base creature

Challenge Rating Base Creature +1

Alignment The base creature's alignment becomes neutral.

Whether through dark magic, inheritance or who knows what some humanoids lose their intelligence. They now walk the earth on all fours as any other beast would with but a shred of their former selves remaining at best.

DracoDei
2008-02-06, 03:48 PM
Personally I would make it INT 9 or lower changes to 1... rather than 10 or lower... that way many more of them would have INT 2 which fits the current ratio of intelligences in animals.

Other than that I don't know whether to laugh, congratulate you for thoroughness, or recommend you get treatment for OCD.

Fax Celestis
2008-02-06, 03:56 PM
I hereby request a botanomorphic creature template. :smallbiggrin:

As for what you've got here? The only thing I'd do is add a stability-like feature dependent on number of legs.

BisectedBrioche
2008-02-06, 04:08 PM
Personally I would make it INT 9 or lower changes to 1... rather than 10 or lower... that way many more of them would have INT 2 which fits the current ratio of intelligences in animals.

I'm not sure I understand what your reasoning is but I'll take your word for it.

Other than that I don't know whether to laugh, congratulate you for thoroughness, or recommend you get treatment for OCD.

That's the first time a reply to one of my topics with the phrase has "treatment for" has been followed by "OCD". :smallamused:

I hereby request a botanomorphic creature template. :smallbiggrin:

I don't know if you're joking or not but *strokes chin*.....

As for what you've got here? The only thing I'd do is add a stability-like feature dependent on number of legs.

I've added a modified version of the Dwarven ability (basically it grants a +2 bonus per extra pair of legs).

Fax Celestis
2008-02-06, 04:27 PM
I don't know if you're joking or not but *strokes chin*.....
I'm only kinda kidding (http://www.headinjurytheater.com/images/d&d%20beasts%20topiary%20guardian.jpg).

I've added a modified version of the Dwarven ability (basically it grants a +2 bonus per extra pair of legs).Good. That's just what I was looking for.

BisectedBrioche
2008-02-07, 04:00 PM
For the, ahem, lulz;

Botanomorphic Animal

Botanomorphic is a template which can be applied to any animal with an intelligence score of 2 or lower hereafter refered to as the base creature. This includes creatures with the Beastiomorphic template.

Size and Type

The base creature's type changes to plant, it retains any subtypes. If it has an HD lower than 5 it becomes one size category smaller.

HD All Hit Dies are changed to d8s. The base creature retains all HDs it had previously.

Speed All the base creature's limbs become roots and it loses all movement.

AC AC bonus is as base creature's -1

Attack The base crature gains a whip attack (damage is as a whip of the apropriate size). If the base creature had a claw or bite attack then the whip has thorns granting a +1 to damage.

Special Attacks/Qualities The base creature retains all extrordinary and supernatural abilities except those which used body parts it no longer has. Spell like abilities are retained as long as they do not require intelligence or wisdom to use. All spellcasting abilities are lost. In addition they gain the following abilities;

Plant Traits
Low-light vision.
Immunity to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects).
Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, polymorph, and stunning.
Not subject to critical hits.
Proficient with its natural weapons only.
Proficient with no armor.
Plants breathe and eat, but do not sleep.

Saves Fort increases by +2, Ref is reduced by -2 (to a minimum of +0)

Abilities Int, Wis and Cha all drop to 0. Str drops by -2

Skills The base creature retains all its ranks (Treat racial bonuses as ranks) in the following skills and loses the rest: Climb, Listen and swim.

Feats The base creature retains all general feats for which they still meet the prerequisites for with their changed stats.

Environment As base creature

Challenge Rating Base Creature -1

Alignment The base creature's alignment becomes neutral.

Though some beings are doomed to spend the rest of their days as animals, worse things can happen...

Fax Celestis
2008-02-07, 04:03 PM
Hoorays. That, right there, is hilarious.