XP Award: 600 XP
GP Award: 600 GP

All combatants, please roll initiative.

Seribro
2008-02-06, 06:01 PM
initiative [roll0]

I once again begin with a vial in one hand and the towershield in the other

May the best warrior be victorius

edit: this is hilarious... Last time I did not need to roll because there was no chance in hell I could do better then your initiative, now you don't need to roll cause there is no chance in hell you could do worse then mine.

Bayar
2008-02-07, 12:21 PM
OMG WTF JMFC !!!

I cant possibly express my suffering to meet you again...but hopefully, I will die slowly now...

Naked Dave

Starting in B11, Double-move to K12 via bridge.

I have a greatsword in my hands.

Seribro
2008-02-07, 01:06 PM
I see you have changed your tactics. I admire your guts. I was going to use the shield for full cover and then remain into place, buffing myself up while shrugging at the hail of arrows you would spill on the shield, but since your willing to take a more direct approach, I will stick to just one little trick.

standard action: loose shield
move action: y11 to y17
free actions: drop the shield, draw flail during walking

your turn

stats
AC: 18
HP: 10
PP: 19

BTW, what does JMFC stand for? I do know the other two but that one is new to me.

Bayar
2008-02-07, 02:09 PM
something about JC and MF...use your imagination...

Double-move to Q6.

Jump the water : [roll0] Against DC=20. Dunno if you lose LOS, but whatever...it is no secret...

Seribro
2008-02-07, 02:44 PM
Use psionic power expansion by spending 1pp then move back to y11-X10

You notice Psychdelia standing about 12 feet tall in the squares X10 to Y11
your turn, you may look below the spoiler above when you come around the corner

stats

AC: 18
PP: 18

Bayar
2008-02-07, 02:52 PM
Take out poison of Drow dust or whatever it is called, the one that makes you unconcious and apply it to greatsword
[roll0] I risk poisoning myself if i roll 1-5
Oh, and I declare you my chosen foe...

Stats:
HP: 20/20
AC: 18, FF:15, Touch:12
Speed: 30 Ft

Seribro
2008-02-07, 04:16 PM
I take it your not moving into LoS then? that is a shame... Oh well, then I'll just do it myself.

double move (not finished, got move left) to t6-u7

Bronz
2008-02-07, 04:29 PM
High Ref Bronz

Naked Dave is in Q6. LoS re-established.

Bayar
2008-02-07, 05:07 PM
damn it, I wanted to come after you...:smalltongue: tell me when it is over with your turn...

Seribro
2008-02-07, 07:20 PM
Actually, since your still in the spot, I think I like it just where I stand.
Free actions as part of the movement: drop flail in spot, draw guisarm

Your looking at a 12 feet Psycho which happends to have 20 feet of reach, partial cover and your in her threatened area.

{table]|Q.|R.|S.|T.|U.|V.
6|nd|||p|p|
7||/|\|p|p|
8||\|/|||
9||||||
[/table]

Stats:
AC: 16
PP: 18
saves: F2/R3/W2

Bayar
2008-02-08, 02:56 AM
Dave

Oh...ok, that is...disturbing.

Free action: RAGE !!!

Full round: Charge your ass.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

Edit: Oh, and make a fortitude save...

Stats:
HP: 24/24
AC: 16, FF:15, Touch:12
Rage 1/7

Seribro
2008-02-08, 06:53 AM
CRAP!!! I forgot I cant make an AoO if my opponent has cover from me :eek:

activate resillience as immediate actions

Resilience (Su): When an elan takes damage, she can spend power points to reduce its severity. As an immediate action, she can reduce the damage she is about to take by 2 hit points for every 1 power point she spends.

I spend 4 pp (enhanced resilience feat) to completely reduce the damage that she will inquire to 0. This means if its an injury poison, it has no affect since your blade fails to penetrate my skin.
If its a touch poison, it does still affect me since you did hit me. But judging by the poisons prices you paid, both types of poison are most likely injury.
:smallbiggrin: I love this abomination

free action drop guisarm
5-ft step to U7-V8
move action pick up heavy flail
standard action attack
attack: [roll0]
damage if hit: [roll1]

Paladin Latham
2008-02-08, 08:01 AM
From the SRD under Poison:

Injury
This poison must be delivered through a wound. If a creature has sufficient damage reduction to avoid taking any damage from the attack, the poison does not affect it.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#poison

Seribro is Correct.

Bayar
2008-02-08, 08:04 AM
do you trigger an AOO because you drop your weapon while adjactent to me ?

and because the poison was not discharged, does it mean that it is still potent ?

Bronz
2008-02-08, 08:47 AM
High Ref Bronz

An AoO is not provoked from the dropped weapon, but it is provoked when one is picked up. Also, the poison is not discharged and is therefore still active.

Paladin Latham
2008-02-08, 09:08 AM
High Ref Paladin Latham

Edit: Ah nitpicking on my part. Nevermind. This post doesn't exist. OOooo... *ghost noises*

Mavian
2008-02-08, 09:22 AM
High Ref Mav: Only slightly as crazy as Daimonte

Ooh, what nit are we picking? *goes to review the thread*

The only thing I can see is that Seribo denied himself an AoO for some reason.

He's using a reach weapon, which changes the cover rules.

Cover

When making a melee attack against an adjacent target, your target has cover if any line from your square to the target’s square goes through a wall (including a low wall). We can ignore this part When making a melee attack against a target that isn’t adjacent to you (such as with a reach weapon), use the rules for determining cover from ranged attacks. See Italics

To determine whether your target has cover from your ranged attack, choose a corner of your square. If any line from this corner to any corner of the target’s square passes through a square or border that blocks line of effect or provides cover, or through a square occupied by a creature, the target has cover (+4 to AC).

Yay embellishment

Seribro
2008-02-08, 09:56 AM
Darn... So I was in fact entitled to an AoO... Well, since I took a 5-ft step back before picking up my own weapon, you to will be denied your AoO (thank the gods for natural reach of Large creatures) so I'ld say we call it even. You still have your poison, I lost 4pp in avoiding the attacks damage and I scored a clean hit with the flail. Let me post my stats and it will be all yours.

PP: 14

Done. Your turn.

Bigmac
2008-02-08, 10:02 AM
Disregard. Nothing to read here.

Bronz
2008-02-08, 10:07 AM
Oh...well..don't I feel foolish. I totally missed that 5' step.

*whistles quietly as he walks off*

Seribro
2008-02-08, 10:14 AM
Funny, I ask for one ref and half of the High Court responds :P Shall we leave things be now and return to the match? Bayar - Naked Dave, its your turn.

Bayar
2008-02-08, 01:34 PM
Naked dave

In the name of all that is holy, I WILL banish thy abomination !

Take a five foot step to T6, and start using something new...POWER ATTACK !!! (use 3 attack points and transform them into 6 damage points :smallbiggrin: )

Attack roll:[roll0]
Damage roll: [roll1]

Stats:
HP: 15/24
Rage 2/7

I hope it hits, it will make me dance :smallbiggrin:

Edit: and as "We are scientists" put it: It's a hit !

Edit 2: and dont forget about the poison ...

Edit 3:
Resilience (Su): When an elan takes damage, she can spend power points to reduce its severity. As an immediate action, she can reduce the damage she is about to take by 2 hit points for every 1 power point she spends.

And I did 13 damage...and you only used 4 PP...it should have been 7 PP from my maths...

Seribro
2008-02-08, 02:17 PM
Psychodelia

The feat enhanced elan resilience allows me to soak 4 point damage per pp instead of 2, but if you keep smacking your weapon around like that, I don't know how much more I can take :smalleek:

6 pp for damage soaking
attack [roll0]
damage [roll1]

stats
hp 10
ac 16
pp 8
saves F2/R3/W2
expansion: 3/20

Seribro
2008-02-08, 02:28 PM
okay, this is possibly the worst moment ever to roll a natural 1

I dismiss the expansion effect, putting me back to my normal heighth as a free action, location V8
I use my move to pick up the guisarm along with a free action to drop the flail in place
And finaly I take a 5ft step backwards to W8 since I have moved no distance in this round.

I and my turn with the guisarm in hand and two 5ft squares in between us. This gives you the oppertunity to make another charge, but you will provoke an AoO if you choose to do so

Bigmac
2008-02-08, 02:31 PM
Note, Dave is only able to use 2 points of power attack, so the damage done is only 22 points, not 24. Psychodelia would still need to use 6pp though to cover the damage. So, nitpicking detail, but everything pretty much stays the same.

Dave's up.

Bayar
2008-02-08, 04:10 PM
Damn, how many free actions can you take? an infinite number?

You swifter soaked the damage, standarded attacked, free to dismiss expansion, move to pick a weapon, free to drop another and free to move 5 ft...all in one round (6 seconds...) ... WTF !!! Unholy crap... and it is all allowed by the rules...damn D&D rules...

I would retreat and get my HP up a bit, but no way to prepare for your charge...so AOO away !

Charge to V8.

Attack:[roll0]

Stats:
HP: 15/24
AC: 14, FF:15, Touch:12
Rage 3/7

I will try my best to defeat this spawn of hell, give me the power to do it !!! DIE MISTAKE OF NATURE !!!

Edit: you have got to be ****ing kidding me...I said help me kill the abomination, not let it kill me faster...

Mavian
2008-02-08, 04:32 PM
High Ref Mav: Quick point of Order.

At Psychodelia.

You dropped your Guissarme while you were in T/U 6/7 which would mean that it would have to be in one of those squares, which makes it difficult to get when your in V8. No?

Bayar
2008-02-08, 04:54 PM

At Psychodelia.

You dropped your Guissarme while you were in T/U 6/7 which would mean that it would have to be in one of those squares, which makes it difficult to get when your in V8. No?

so that means that he is not armed with it ? sweet...how many weapons you have psych? I remember 3...but lost count...
hehe, feel free to AOO with your fist...you dish enough damage with your STR :smallamused:

Seribro
2008-02-08, 06:34 PM

At Psychodelia.

Seriously, don't start on that! First of, point out the rule that states one can reach into an adjacent square to punch someone in the face, but not to pick up an item. Second, I never did state in what square I dropped the guisarm and the PHB page 144 specifically states one is allowed to drop an item in an adjacent space as a free action just as well as in its one space. So yeah, I am most definately able to retrieve the guisarm either way. Oh and in combat, diagonal is just as much adjacent, otherwise ND couldn't even have attacked me from the spot he was standing.
If you can find hard rules that negate all of that, then you can come back and tell me I'm defenceless :smallcool:

so untill then: AoO
Attack roll [roll0]
damage [roll1]

Seribro
2008-02-08, 06:41 PM
Psychodelia skilfully dodges the charge and gets her pole blade in a very nasty position between two ribs at the side of Naked Dave's chest. A big grin appears on her face as she pulls the blade back again.
Nature may have made my body, but my soul, my mind, my very being goes beyond your comprehension, puny human. Now its time to say goodnight!

5-ft step back to X8
attack: [roll0]
damage: [roll1]

Seribro
2008-02-08, 06:42 PM
And that seems like a game, set and match right there. I won't ask for a call yet, I'll give you and the judges a few days time to proof me wrong about the retrieving of the guisarm.

edit: oh, and that X8 is supposed to be W8. Its late over here and I am growing tired. West-European time over here.

Paladin Latham
2008-02-08, 07:27 PM
High Ref Paladin Latham

I hate to point it out, but the Guisarme could be in any of the four squares you used to occupy. You didn't say where you dropped it, and I find it pretty unfair for Naked Dave that it just happens to be in the square next to you. I would roll randomly for where it landed in the squares you occupied.

Edit: If it becomes an issue, remember that a weapon dropped while you are enlarged reverts to its normal size.

Maurkov
2008-02-08, 07:36 PM
Ref Maurkov

Dismissing a power is a standard action (SRD: Psionic, Powers, Descriptions Format, Power Descriptions, Duration, (D) Dismissable). Does Psychodelia have a special ability that makes this a free action?

Seriously, don't start on that! First of, point out the rule that states one can reach into an adjacent square to punch someone in the face, but not to pick up an item.Noses are much closer to the shoulder joint than, for example, toes. I would argue that you can attack adjacent squares, but can only pick up objects from the square you occupy. RAW does not stipulate, however, and my rank does not permit me to make up rules.

^Paladin Latham, as a guisarm is a pole weapon, does it makes sense that it would occupy two adjacent squares?

Paladin Latham
2008-02-08, 08:39 PM
^Paladin Latham, as a guisarm is a pole weapon, does it makes sense that it would occupy two adjacent squares?

We could go into the logic of this and say that you're average Guisarme is 5ft.- 9ft. long (as per wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guisarme)). But in the arena, where characters are 5ft. cubes, I'd have to say that medium-sized weapons only occupy one 5ft. square.

Bigmac
2008-02-08, 11:11 PM
Ref BigMac: wants in on this reffing action too

Ref Maurkov

Dismissing a power is a standard action (SRD: Psionic, Powers, Descriptions Format, Power Descriptions, Duration, (D) Dismissable). Does Psychodelia have a special ability that makes this a free action?

I don't think he does, but in the turn in question, he only used one move action to pick up the polearm and took a 5ft step, so he still had a standard action to dismiss the power. A good catch though.

Noses are much closer to the shoulder joint than, for example, toes. I would argue that you can attack adjacent squares, but can only pick up objects from the square you occupy. RAW does not stipulate, however, and my rank does not permit me to make up rules.

PM Kyeudo for an offical stance on this, but I tend to agree with your interpretation.

We could go into the logic of this and say that you're average Guisarme is 5ft.- 9ft. long (as per wikipedia). But in the arena, where characters are 5ft. cubes, I'd have to say that medium-sized weapons only occupy one 5ft. square.

That is consistant with how we have been handeling things in the arena, so agreed on this as well.

Mavian
2008-02-08, 11:16 PM
High Ref Mav:

Noses are much closer to the shoulder joint than, for example, toes. I would argue that you can attack adjacent squares, but can only pick up objects from the square you occupy. RAW does not stipulate, however, and my rank does not permit me to make up rules.

I'm going to play devil's advocate on this one issue.

By Raw it says you can drop objects in an Adjacent Square as a free action, so it does make sense that you would be able to pick up and object from an adjecent square as a move action.

Maurkov
2008-02-08, 11:18 PM
I don't think he does, but in the turn in question, he only used one move action to pick up the polearm and took a 5ft step, so he still had a standard action to dismiss the power. A good catch though.I think he attacked at 11:17, then did more stuff (as part of the same turn) at 11:28.

^Mavian, those actions aren't quite symmetric, as gravity assists one but hinders the other.

Bayar
2008-02-09, 03:24 AM
Ref BigMac: wants in on this reffing action too

I don't think he does, but in the turn in question, he only used one move action to pick up the polearm and took a 5ft step, so he still had a standard action to dismiss the power. A good catch though.

Actually, he used his standard action to attack me...

And no, I dont think it is fair, frankly, I dont think it is fair that a level 1/2/3 character to fight someone that has in theory about 78 HP at first level...it is broken beyond repair...

So I await an official ruling before I die.

Oh, and forgot you cant do an AOO with unarmed strike unless you are considered armed...

So, your mistake, you rushed, die already, blablabla.

Bayar
2008-02-09, 03:33 AM
Seriously, don't start on that! First of, point out the rule that states one can reach into an adjacent square to punch someone in the face, but not to pick up an item. Second, I never did state in what square I dropped the guisarm and the PHB page 144 specifically states one is allowed to drop an item in an adjacent space as a free action just as well as in its one space. So yeah, I am most definately able to retrieve the guisarm either way. Oh and in combat, diagonal is just as much adjacent, otherwise ND couldn't even have attacked me from the spot he was standing.
If you can find hard rules that negate all of that, then you can come back and tell me I'm defenceless :smallcool:

so untill then: AoO
Attack roll [roll0]
damage [roll1]

You can drop a weapon in an adjactent square, but you have to say that when you actually drop it...so you preety much god-modding there...

Seribro
2008-02-09, 05:06 AM
oh my crap... Ever since I played my first caster I had believed dismissing was a free action :smalleek: That pretty much changes everything. Since I already attacked that round, the dismissing would be scratched from the list of actions. Which means I can either create a 10-ft gap by using my move action, or use my move action to pick up the guisarme, but not both. Which means the guisarme is completely useless. And since moving more then a 5-ft causes AoO and I would not have the knowledge that both my next attack as well as the AoO I get when you go through my threathened area would be hits, I would not have risked it.

So to cut things short, if I am allowed to rewind to the point where I declared I was dissmissing the effect, I would be holding the flail instead of the guisarme, do get in my next attack but have to reroll the damage accordingly and the AoO would be dropped so that means those first 11 points of damage get negated and your still pretty much up and running.

summary:
LoS gets astablished with you in Q6 and me in T6-U7
6|nd|||p|p|
7||/|.\|p|p|
8||\|./|||
9||||||
[/table]
you rage and charge and hit me for 13
I accidentally deny myself an AoO
I drop guisarme, take 5ft back and pick up flail (here it indeed was in an overlapping area) and hit you for 9
6|||nd|||
7||/|.\||p|p
8||\|./||p|p
9||||||
[/table]
you step in with 5-ft step and hit me for a crushing 24
I attack you but miss and then once again take 5-ft back (this is the turn I was also going to swap weapons again and dissmiss the expansion but those two actions got dropped due to the fact that dismissing is a standard action and the swap kinda seemed to cause to much troubles)
{table]|R.|S.|T.|U.|V.|W.
6|||nd|||
7|/|.\|||p|p
8|\|./|||p|p
9||||||[/table]
Then you were going to charge and miss but since the revision there is no room to charge so it simply becomes a 5-ft step up the bridge and it is still a miss
I was going to get an AoO but since you only took a 5-ft step instead of a charge that AoO is negated. Yet I do however score a hit for which damage has to be rerolled for a large flail instead of the medium guisarme.
{table]|R.|S.|T.|U.|V.|W.
6||||||
7|/|.\||nd|p|p
8|\|./|||p|p
9||||||[/table]

Does that sound right? Or do you wish to enforce that I did still drop the flail? Doesn't seem entirely fair, but I have seen it enforced in other matches before so I do believe you are entitled to do so if you truly wish. I do have a spiked gauntlet equipped however so although the damage may be a lot less, the hit was still legitimate.

Bayar
2008-02-09, 06:14 AM
yeah, i would like it being enforced, for the simple fact that otherwise I would kick myself in the head...I mean, I did 2 mistakes in barn map (coordinates wrong, and climb speed messed up) and learned my lesson...you need to learn yours :smallbiggrin:

So, you drop the flail, which is now in my square.
now, feel free to hit me with your gauntlet...which you hit I think...

Seribro
2008-02-09, 07:28 AM
Well, just as you have the right to enforce the fact that I had posted that I dropped the flail, so do I have the right to keep the attack roll since it makes no difference with what weapon I attack. I do how ever need to reroll damage since that one is weapon-dependent

[roll0] damage

Seribro
2008-02-09, 07:38 AM
So, as it stands, you lost a total of 9+8=17 hp and I have lost 1+4+6=11 pp.
If translating pp to hp, I still have a total of 38 left (saving 1 for the inevitable saving throw) and with the punches your dealing, it is not impossible to take me down.

PP: 8
expansion 8/20
I'm gonna post my stats open for the remainder of this fight.

Bayar
2008-02-09, 11:05 AM
So now it is my turn ?

Mavian
2008-02-09, 11:39 AM
High Ref Mav:

@Nake Dave
I believe so.

Bayar
2008-02-09, 01:45 PM
ok, so I am adjactent to you...I think...
Power attack time ! -2 attack, +4 damage :smallamused:

please God let it be a critical ! or at least a hit !

Also, here are my stats:

HP: 7/24
Rage 4/7

Bayar
2008-02-09, 01:54 PM
God, I love you. I am your humble servant...I will worship thy 'till the end of time !

Crit confirm:[roll0]

For a random fact, while I was typing, my dad brought me some dried fruits (crumpets i think...but i could be wrong), that come from Medina, and it is said that these fruits are sacred there, since the prophet Mohammed planted a seed there...and they could be descendents. So I thank Allah and Mohammed for this divine intervention.

Edit: forgot to mention that i need to hit him, but it is not polite to ask for too much now, is it ? :smallbiggrin:

Seribro
2008-02-09, 02:28 PM
Seriously... You call me an abomination, but your the one swinging your sword around like it was some freakin sledge hammer! You may not hold the record for most damage ina single hit, but I have a feeling you are going to have the record for highest amount of damaged dealt in a single match.

Come on babies make this one count already!
[roll0]
[roll1]

Seribro
2008-02-09, 02:37 PM
another 5-ft step backwards to w8-x7
I don't have anything I wish to do with my move so thats about it

PP: 2
expansion 9/20

your turn

Bayar
2008-02-09, 03:02 PM
5-ft near you in V7 and normal attack you.

Hopefully it will hit, I only want it to hit...that is all...but if it crits, or inflicts more tham 18 damage, I will be happy :smallbiggrin:

HP: 7/24
Rage 5/7

Well...call me a combination of Roy's ability to obliterate his enemies and Elan's ability to "turn invisible"...just without charisma :smallbiggrin:

Edit: no more resilience for you...roll that FORT save now pls...

Seribro
2008-02-09, 03:11 PM
okay... your very luck is abominal... I have to use both pp to soak just enough damage to keep me standing so I cant even spend one on th fortitude save!

fort [roll0]
gods, for just this once in this f*cked up match, let luck be in my favour...

Seribro
2008-02-09, 03:20 PM
seriously, they just love cutting it close, don't they? I am assuming it was the drow knock - out you applied?

If it was blue whinnis, let me know. For now I assume it was the drow knock out

withdraw [special double move action] to w18-x19

HP: 3
PP: 0
expansion 10/20

end of my turn

Bayar
2008-02-09, 03:21 PM
it appears that thegods listen to your prayers...you resist the poison. It had a DC of 13 and it was Drow poison...I hoped to poison you with my first attack, but my narrow knowledge of the Elan was in your favor...so no coup de grace for me...

Seribro
2008-02-09, 03:24 PM
woohoo! I'm still in the running!

Bayar
2008-02-09, 03:30 PM
I'll just double-move next to you. in X17.

Lets see...try to hit me, I try to hit you...fair enough? I wont use any power attack...promise...

Seribro
2008-02-09, 03:32 PM
Do you officially state that you double - move to x17?

Bigmac
2008-02-09, 05:13 PM
He posted it and we're holding people to their posted actions (unless they don't make any sense like I fly to Z88).

Seribro
2008-02-09, 05:47 PM
In that case, here comes my AoO

[roll0]
[roll1]
and since you needed two moves to get there and there was no free line for a charge, I am not going to give away free attacks. You want my head, you work for it.

Seribro
2008-02-09, 06:17 PM
I damn your luck... missed by a hair...

well, my turn and pretty much all I can do is another withdraw

w18-x19, moving along the south border, squeezing past the tree, then making a jump from q19-r20 without a running start so I only reach half the distance I roll.
Indeed it is desperation, but I have to try it or get chopped to pieces.

I am aiming for clearing 10 feed of the bog so I am gonna need an eleven or higher (50% chance)

jump check [roll0]

Seribro
2008-02-09, 06:21 PM
dreads... I only clear 5 feet so that places me right in the middle of the damn thing at m19-n20 and with only 5ft of movement left, that is pretty much as far as I will get this round.

expansion 11/20

Your turn Dave, last round of your rage.

Bayar
2008-02-10, 12:23 AM
Yes I know...move action to draw a potion, standard to drink it.

Cure Light wounds: [roll0]
free to 5ft step in W16.

Oh, and if you are aiming to get back to your weapons, i will not let you that easily...

Stats:
HP: 13/24
Rage 7/7

Seribro
2008-02-10, 08:09 AM
double move to F14-G15

expansion 12/20

your turn

Bayar
2008-02-10, 08:48 AM
Double-move to V8...I think this is the place you dropped your flail, but if it isnt, it is still in a 5ft range...

Stats:
HP: 9/20
AC: 17, FF:15, Touch:12
Rage ended (-2 STR, -2 Dex, cant run/charge)

I already know what you want to do, and I think you know what I want to do as well...the outcome of the battle will be a mistery for now...since we both matched out our every move...

And regardless of the outcome, we both can agree that this match is/was Epic and ****ed up :smallbiggrin: (i mean, I dealt 77 points of damage to you, and you took about 70 damage - and this is only a level 2 match...imagine the carnage at level 5 :amused: )

Seribro
2008-02-10, 09:08 AM
I double move:
around the post, taking a running start, jumping over the bridge with instant success (1d20+9=10 or more feet) and landing in O11-P12

expansion 13/20

Indeed, and what ever the outcome, I do hope that at some point we will meet again. Psychodelia has pretty much becoming to see Naked Dave as her nemesis. :smallwink:

your turn

Edit: and V8 will be just fine or otherwise close enough.

Bayar
2008-02-10, 09:41 AM
Fine. Move action to pick it up in other hand.

Need questin answered by a ref:
If I drop a weapon in the water, can it be retrieved? with a search check? do you need to enter the water first ?

Not done...

Yeah, and Dave sees psych as his rival...hope that this wont be turned into an anime series later on...

Edit: and you did exactly what I was thinking you would do...

Paladin Latham
2008-02-10, 09:50 AM
Yeah, Yeah, I said I maybe shouldn't do this stuff anymore:

@Bayar:
the water is 10ft. deep, most likely a shear drop too. I don't know about a search check at the bottom, but someone would have to get there first.

Bayar
2008-02-10, 10:00 AM
Ok, continuing my round:

Free action to drop your flail in the water in V9....feel free to strip and go diving for it :smallbiggrin:

The second action: move action to U7. I belive you left your guisarme in one of the squares...still havent said which one...T6-U7

Your turn...

Maurkov
2008-02-10, 11:03 AM
Ref Maurkov

Oh. Oh dear. I probably should have noticed this earlier. Isn't the duration of Expansion 1 round/level?

Bayar
2008-02-10, 12:20 PM
Ref Maurkov

Oh. Oh dear. I probably should have noticed this earlier. Isn't the duration of Expansion 1 round/level?

now he tells us...:smallannoyed: it is very anticlimatic you know...

Maybe it is 1 minute/level...

Maurkov
2008-02-10, 12:37 PM
Ref Maurkov

I think we should play it like (American) football, where you can decline the penalty. Just fix the game state and move on.

Seribro
2008-02-10, 01:05 PM
When I read your statement I was like "WTF?!" but when I checked it out I found what you ment. The summary of the power's statistics says something differend then the explaining text suggests.

So I went looking for an errata, but that one only made it more wrong by making the augmentation more powerful (instead of turning rounds/level into minutes/level, it now turns rounds/level into 10 minutes/level)
Then I went looking for the faq of the psionics, but all I found was the fact that it is indeed an issue but one that doesn't get answered.
Then I began comparing it. Looking at its spell equivalent, minute/level would be the most likely since that is what the enlarge person spell uses. But then I came across compression (the psionic counter hanger of reduce person) and saw that it indeed used round/level rather then minute/level

I blame Wizards for screwing up there entrances and then trying to fix the wrong part of the power in the errata.

Edit: it also makes the power pretty much useless on the level you get access to it since you can not augment it until you reach third level. Seriously, whats the use of a power that makes you bigger (and thus easier to hit) if you return back to normal the very next round?!

Bayar
2008-02-10, 02:58 PM
intimidate checks ? :biggrin:

Seribro
2008-02-10, 03:33 PM
well, there never did come an official errata or anything saying what the base duration for expansion should be, but the overall tendency (for as far as I could find on the official wizards boards and other sites, as well as the later placed rsd file they have on their site) seems to lead to round/level rather then minute. We could try to wind back a whole damn lot of things and try to pick it up from there, but I believe we would both prefer to just decide on the spot and just get moving again, right?

So I say the effect ends now immediately and we simply continue from where we stand now. Do you agree, or would you prefer keeping the effect active?

Bayar
2008-02-10, 03:55 PM
you can keep it or lose it...fine with me...

Seribro
2008-02-10, 04:25 PM
Well, if it is all the same to you, I'll stick to the mintue/level for the remainder of this match. About the guisarme, lets say it is in the square you picked to move to (U7 you said I believe)

move to S9-T10
attack [roll0]
damage [roll1]

stats
expansion 14/20

your turn

Seribro
2008-02-10, 04:29 PM
Okay... I don't know your AC right now, but that was most certainly a miss... please... put me out of my misery. The dice have given up on me, my gear is in the water and you kicked me through all my pp... Just it already.:smallamused:

Bayar
2008-02-10, 04:34 PM
Dave:

5 Ft step to T8

AC: 17
rest in above spoilers...

Hope it will be a kill, since I want to have a good night sleep in 2-3 days...

Try to stabilize at -9 pls ! I want to do an over-kill :smallbiggrin:

Seribro
2008-02-10, 04:44 PM
[roll0]
stabilizes on a 1

edit: Nope, I kicked the bucket, I'm as dead as a cockroach. You won this round and you deserved it big time. Just be sure to keep an eye out for me. I am not planning on leaving the tournament just yet. From here on I am going to pull out every gun and trick I can muster and I will fight you again before this tournament is over. Even if it means surviving every following match between here and the finals!

Mavian
2008-02-10, 06:30 PM
High Ref Mav:

And Naked Dave manages to take down Goliath. He receives the gold and experience mentioned previously.