PDA

View Full Version : Retraining.

Tempest Fennac
2008-02-07, 03:14 AM
Is there anything stopping the resistance from retraining freed slaves with NPC class levels as player classes? I think it was the PHB 2 which gave the option of spending 1 week exchanging levels, and I was thinking that it would be a good way of making the slaves useful (assuming they have descent stats). If their stats weren't that great, could training raise them under normal D&D rules?

factotum
2008-02-07, 03:36 AM
One assumes doing this would require someone more experienced to be actually doing the training, and can the Resistance spare their higher-level people for tasks like that?

Tempest Fennac
2008-02-07, 04:41 AM
Good point. Considering how the Clerics are at level 4 at the most, and we don't know enough about anyone else's levels except for Haley, Belkar, and Tharn is a degree, there's a good chance that they can't spare anyone who has descent levels.

ShellBullet
2008-02-07, 04:47 AM
AC elite guards were level 5 and I doubt that Elites trained every soldier in AC army...

I guess you have to be at laest be 2 or 3 levels before you can train..

Weiser_Cain
2008-02-07, 06:14 AM
One assumes doing this would require someone more experienced to be actually doing the training, and can the Resistance spare their higher-level people for tasks like that?

Belkar is probably wasting his time and with the mark of justice there's a chance they'll survive training under him.

ShellBullet
2008-02-07, 06:20 AM
Belkar is probably wasting his time and with the mark of justice there's a chance they'll survive training under him.

He can't hurt them directly, but he has shown that he can be creative when there is need like when he escaped AC jail and when he fought Miko...

And he has all the time put his twisted logic to work, if he trained them...

Barbolanero
2008-02-07, 06:43 AM
He can't hurt them directly, but he has shown that he can be creative when there is need like when he escaped AC jail and when he fought Miko...

But when he escaped the AC jail he wasn't under the effects of the mark, more to the point he could teach him the basic economy of the world like in here (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0357.html)

factotum
2008-02-07, 07:22 AM

And you think Belkar would be willing to sit there training a bunch of mooks? We're talking a person who has the attention span of a fruit fly when he isn't either cooking or killing someone...

Damocles
2008-02-07, 07:32 AM
first you have to complete a "rebuild-quest", each time you wish to retrain your class lvls.

after finishing that quest, you can retrain 1/5th you lvl. (rounded up) So it wouldnt be that easy.

Tempest Fennac
2008-02-07, 07:37 AM
Thanks for telling me (sorry bout getting confused: I'd heard retraining mentioned in a "how to "cure" Sorcerers" thread a while back, and I thought it was as easy as using a week to replace reach level).

Wolfie_1066
2008-02-07, 10:02 AM
Training like the others said would be too difficult because of 3 things for the 3 characters:

Haley is busy planning assaults and getting supplys, too much so to train.
Belkar is Belkar read the strip and you know what i mean :smalltongue:
everyone else is running around trying to do Haleys plans so they're all too busy to do squat for training

Souju
2008-02-07, 03:10 PM
And you think Belkar would be willing to sit there training a bunch of mooks? We're talking a person who has the attention span of a fruit fly when he isn't either cooking or killing someone...

or both
ex: Yokyok

Raging_Pacifist
2008-02-07, 05:31 PM
or both
ex: Yokyok

Hehehehe that was awesome.

Weiser_Cain
2008-02-08, 12:05 AM
Make them train half naked in tame gelatinous cubes.

You'll note I said they had a chance

Raging_Pacifist
2008-02-08, 12:10 AM
I don't know, I think he'll do it in the cubes.