PDA

View Full Version : Returning Bolas

Proven_Paradox
2008-02-07, 01:41 PM
So, just from the thread title, one can probably guess what I'm thinking here. I know by the RAW this wouldn't work--Bolas allow ranged trips, but it doesn't say anything about entangling the target or anything in the attempt.

The image it produces, however, is one of incredible awesomeness. "The villian flees as quickly as he can, but the hero expertly throws a pair of bolas. His target falls as the bolas wrap around his legs, and he curses as he hits the ground. As the villian feels a tug on his legs, his eyes widen in horror, and suddenly he flies through the air, legs first, his face being dragged against the ground, until finally the hero holds him by his ankles, triumphant."

A friend and I were discussing strange magic items before, and somehow I came up with this, causing us to dissolve into laughter for about a half hour (you had to have been there). I just thought I would share.

sonofzeal
2008-02-07, 01:49 PM
Unfortunately, I suspect it'll disentangle itself before returning. Nifty concept though!

JellyPooga
2008-02-07, 01:52 PM
I always thought the best way to grab a fleeing villain by the ankles was to frisbee one of a pair of Ring Gates under one of his feet whilst holding the other of the Ring Gates...