PDA

View Full Version : Paladin/Crusader/RKV feat choices

Baxbart
2008-02-07, 05:49 PM
Well, the title pretty much sums it up. I've just been putting together a Paladin/Crusader/Ruby Knight Vindicator for an ECL 12 game I'm playing in soon. I've pretty much nailed the concept, background and personality for the character, but I've never tried this combination before and I'm falling down a bit on a good choice of feats to make the build solid (Optimised, but not cheesy).

Would anyone mind making a few suggestions?

Currently the character stands as a Human Paladin 4/Crusader 1/RKV 7 (divine impetus was very lucrative there)

Rolled stats were 16,14,14,18,13,8. I was thinking of putting either the 18 or 16 into Wisdom and taking Serenity as a third level feat so that I don't need to worry about Charisma (He's not the typical charismatic leader type, and definitely not much of a people person). I'm not looking for a mount-charger type (My DM isn't friendly towards warhorses and special mounts for one, he prefers to focus on the characters themselves, rather than the hired help they bring along).

H: Power attack?
1:
3: Serenity?
6: Divine Vigor (perhaps)
9: Extra turning
12:

I'm able to take flaws if need be to help round off a build.

Any suggestions welcome! :smallbiggrin:

Durendal
2008-02-07, 05:57 PM
Have you considered Cleric 1/Crusader4/RKV7 instead. That way you get advanced in a better casting class, more manuevers, and can take the Undeath Domain for a free Extra Turning feat.

EDIT: Also, why waste the 18 on wisdom when you only need a 15 or so to cast the highest level spell you can get. If your casting buffs it not like you need to worry about spell DC.

Zincorium
2008-02-07, 05:59 PM
Battle blessing, complete champion.

It costs you nothing except that feat, and you can burn your otherwise crippled turn undead attempts to get additional swift actions after level 7.

Baxbart
2008-02-07, 06:04 PM
I could switch to that and drop the paladin levels (there were background reasons for following in the footsteps of his paladin uncle, but its not hard to justify crusader in its place) - but Undeath is out as it doesn't fit his alignment. I'm trying to keep a (mostly) good bent to him.

EDIT: I was putting the 18 in wisdom because taking Serenity negates the need for Charisma (and makes his cha-abilities wis based instead).