PDA

View Full Version : Celia

VetMichael
2008-02-07, 07:56 PM
Celia will definitely be summoned now that Hayley snapped the amulet. Will she be able to see Roy, being that she's a para elemental? Or will she be able to find and bring back (or bring Roy's skeleton to) a high enough level Cleric to resurrect him? Will Celia's appearance into the former Azure City make Xykon/Red Cloak aware of the Resistance's location?

bluish_wolf
2008-02-07, 07:58 PM
Since when could elementals see astrally?

Mee
2008-02-07, 08:21 PM
Well, maybe she'll start crying, fall on the cart, and bump the sword. Poof! Roy is seen. (If it even is the sword)

Swordlol
2008-02-07, 08:24 PM
New Comic up.

It'll answer your question, OP.

Raging_Pacifist
2008-02-07, 10:10 PM
Will she be able to see Roy, being that she's a para elemental? Or will she be able to find and bring back (or bring Roy's skeleton to) a high enough level Cleric to resurrect him?

1. She isn't a para-elemental, that was a joke on her being a para-legal, she's a sylph.
2. Sylphs can cast 7th level arcane spells but I'm pretty sure she doesn't have at least have 13 cleric level to cast Ressurection ( 7th level divine spell)

bluish_wolf
2008-02-08, 02:01 AM
Sylphs are air elementals... aren't they?

Raging_Pacifist
2008-02-08, 02:29 AM
Nope they are species of fey, although they were air elementals. Darn spooky wizards by the coast.

FujinAkari
2008-02-08, 03:55 AM
Nope they are species of fey, although they were air elementals. Darn spooky wizards by the coast.

They are currantly Outsiders [Air], not Fey.

BisectedBrioche
2008-02-08, 06:14 AM
2. Sylphs can cast 7th level arcane spells but I'm pretty sure she doesn't have at least have 13 cleric level to cast Ressurection ( 7th level divine spell)

If you read it he said "bring a cleric" not act as one.

Saco de Carne
2008-02-08, 07:12 AM
Well, a scroll of "ressurection" or an iten with a "wish" charge is something a Sylph could have in its backpack.
If Celia knows a Noble Djinn he can grant her a wish.

Souju
2008-02-08, 12:22 PM
Well, a scroll of "ressurection" or an iten with a "wish" charge is something a Sylph could have in its backpack.
If Celia knows a Noble Djinn he can grant her a wish.
considering she was summoned in her pajamas i highly doubt she has anything more than a toothbrush on her.
though someone said sylphs can cast summon monster 6....
though Giant would probably have her say she needed to cast it earlier in the day for some humorous reason

Raging_Pacifist
2008-02-08, 12:39 PM
They are currantly Outsiders [Air], not Fey.

Oops, my bad.

VetMichael
2008-02-08, 12:50 PM
the Giant has answered the "can she see Roy" question a LOT faster than I expected him to...:smallfrown:

But the question(s) remain: Will Celia be able to find help to resurrect Roy? AND Will her appearance alert Xykon's forces to the location of the hidden base?

Raging_Pacifist
2008-02-08, 12:57 PM
Maybe. We'll have to wait 'till 530.

JasonDoomsblade
2008-02-08, 03:43 PM
But the question(s) remain: Will Celia be able to find help to resurrect Roy? AND Will her appearance alert Xykon's forces to the location of the hidden base?

I think that before we answer those questions, we should answer the question: How will she react to Roy's corpse?

Raging_Pacifist
2008-02-08, 04:17 PM
Like this: "AHHHHHHHH! ROY!"

factotum
2008-02-08, 05:10 PM
Like this: "AHHHHHHHH! ROY!"

Will she, though? She's an extraplanar creature herself, don't forget...as far as she's concerned, all Roy being dead means is that she has to visit him in a different place!

Raging_Pacifist
2008-02-08, 05:37 PM
But she'll still be seeing the dead body of her boyfriend.

VetMichael
2008-02-08, 06:33 PM
Will she, though? She's an extraplanar creature herself, don't forget...as far as she's concerned, all Roy being dead means is that she has to visit him in a different place!

would she be able to get into Celestia?

Souju
2008-02-08, 06:38 PM
would she be able to get into Celestia?

that team of evil adventurers had no trouble entering the Lawful Good area...

Alfryd
2008-02-08, 08:09 PM
Oops, my bad.
Roy explicitly refers to Celia as a Fey (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0071.html).

Icewalker
2008-02-09, 10:29 PM
Hmm...that last question is a good one. Will the teleportation register to Redcloak and Xykon, or Tsukiko, somehow? Perhaps through Cloister?

Kai Maera
2008-02-09, 10:46 PM
Cecilia, if able to cast 7th level arcane spells, could probably beat the tar out of Tsukiko easily enough.

And Baator hath no fury like a sylph scorned.

Raging_Pacifist
2008-02-09, 11:37 PM
Cecilia, if able to cast 7th level arcane spells, could probably beat the tar out of Tsukiko easily enough.

And Baator hath no fury like a sylph scorned.

I was wrong, she can cast some spell as a 7th level caster. Still, flying tramp v flying not tramp would be cool.

FujinAkari
2008-02-10, 01:04 AM
Roy explicitly refers to Celia as a Fey (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0071.html).

True enough, but Celia refers to herself as a para-elemental (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0268.html)

Souju
2008-02-10, 02:27 AM
True enough, but Celia refers to herself as a para-elemental (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0268.html)

i think she was just being funny

FujinAkari
2008-02-10, 02:45 AM
i think she was just being funny

So you think she lied about what she was for absolutely no reason? The joke only works if its true.

Souju
2008-02-10, 02:57 AM
So you think she lied about what she was for absolutely no reason? The joke only works if its true.

jokes don't have to make sense or be founded in any sense of logic to be funny.
that's just so totally fish it makes me want to jambalaya bean dip!

Raging_Pacifist
2008-02-10, 03:04 AM
jokes don't have to make sense or be founded in any sense of logic to be funny.
that's just so totally fish it makes me want to jambalaya bean dip!

Well, either way she is a literal para-elemental. It's a race. I was wrong in my earlier post.

VetMichael
2008-02-11, 12:28 AM
Wait, wait, wait...let's get back to this whole Flying Tramp v. Flying Fey/Para-Elemental Para-Legal idea Raging Pacifist proposed. Given Celia's ability to use lightning like she did when summoned, I'd say she stands a fair to good chance of whoopin' on Tsukiko. AND it'd be awsome!!!

Raging_Pacifist
2008-02-11, 12:36 AM
That would be the best...comic....ever....... Huh I guess that idea was pretty good.

Souju
2008-02-11, 02:14 AM
That would be the best...comic....ever....... Huh I guess that idea was pretty good.

10 bucks says Tsukiko and Celia appear on panel together within the next 10 comics.

Saco de Carne
2008-02-11, 06:44 AM
Para-elemental might be a joke, but in old AD&D there is a Para-elemental Plane of Lightning, between Elemental Plane of Air and Positive Energy Plane.

http://www.pathguy.com/inner.htm

VetMichael
2008-02-11, 12:42 PM
I think Celia would be able to kick Tsukiko's necrophiliac booty. As a Fey/Para-elemental, she has innate spell resistance (which Tsukiko doesn't necessarily have) AND she can conjure lightning seemingly at will, which would be detrimental to the spell caster and her undead (unless she conjures up incorporeal, I guess), and FINALLY, Celia can fly too....

Now you know what would be even better? A Tsukiko V. Celia + Hayley melee - WOOOT!

Craig1f
2008-02-11, 02:10 PM
I think Celia would be able to kick Tsukiko's necrophiliac booty. As a Fey/Para-elemental, she has innate spell resistance (which Tsukiko doesn't necessarily have) AND she can conjure lightning seemingly at will, which would be detrimental to the spell caster and her undead (unless she conjures up incorporeal, I guess), and FINALLY, Celia can fly too....

Now you know what would be even better? A Tsukiko V. Celia + Hayley melee - WOOOT!

Her SR is likely to be fairly low. If the battle goes for 4 rounds, she might resist one spell. It would still be an interesting battle though.

Greg
2008-02-11, 04:32 PM
No he doesn't.

Raging_Pacifist
2008-02-11, 04:54 PM
No he doesn't.

Click that link and re-read panel 3. Roy says, "Why is a good fey like you working for Xykon?":smallyuk:

Warler, Darūk
2008-02-13, 04:09 PM
Man it would be the battle of the century:smallamused: , but i am pretty shore that redcloack would have a back up plan for this sort of thing after all he have not been seen since the final battle:smallmad: , a not even celia whit the resistence together can take all those goblins, by the way, redcloack alone is stronger than celia and Mrs starshine:smalleek: , and most the reistence,so that the 12 gods guard their bonds of mutual lust:smallcool: , even do celia is a law student and must have contacts who can raise roy, if she can summon an higher level been things can go pretty much right.:smallcool: