PDA

View Full Version : Sauron, the Dark Lord of Mordor

GoC
2008-02-08, 03:01 PM
Here's how I imagine Sauron in an E6 campaign.*

Sauron
Dark Lord of Mordor

Sauron has many forms but usualy appears as a 9ft tall humanoid clad in black armor.

Size/Type: Medium Outsider
Hit Dice: 11d8+44 (154 hp)
Initiative: +5
Speed: 60 ft. (12 squares)
Armor Class: 28 (+5 Dex, +8 fullplate, +5 natural), touch 15, flat-footed 23
Base Attack/Grapple: +11/+16
Attack: +1 Oversized Unholy Mace +18 melee (1d12+10)
Full Attack: +1 Oversized Unholy Mace +18/+18/+13/+8 melee (1d12+10)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Spell-like abilities, Spellcasting
Special Qualities: Shapeshift, Rejuvination, Supreme will, Flaming body, Auras, SR 20, Immunity to cold, fire and electricity, energy resistance 10 to all other energy types, immune to mind affecting attacks, DR 10/magic
Saves: Fort +15, Ref +16, Will +21
Abilities: Str 20, Dex 20, Con 18, Int 18, Wis 16, Cha 26
Feats: Power Attack, Weapon Focus(Oversized Mace), Weapon Specialization(Oversized Mace), Forge Ring, Combat Expertise
Challenge Rating: 11

Spell-like abilities
At will-Quickened dispel magic; 1/day-Burning touch. CL 11. DCs are charisma based.

Shapeshift(Su)
This ability works like the spell Alter Self except Sauron can turn into creatures size small, medium or large of type giant, humanoid, monsterous humanoid, magical beast, dragon, animal, vermin (but not swarms) or undead. Sauron can no longer take forms pleasing to humanoids and takes a -10 penalty on diplomacy checks against them.

Flaming Body(Su)
Anyone within 10ft of Sauron takes 2d6 of fire damage (1d6 when Sauron wears armor) each round flaming body is active. Sauron can activate or deactivate this ability as a free action.

Rejuvination(Divine)
When Sauron is killed he turns into a ghost incapable of affecting the material plane and permanently gains one negative level. After spending 10d100 days as a ghost Sauron becomes corporeal and returns to the material plane (but keeps the negative level). The Ring of Power ignores negative levels when determining the bonuses it gives. Should the ring of power be destroyed and his number of negative levels equal his hitdie he won't be able to return to the material plane.

Supreme will(divine)
Sauron gains his charisma modifier as a bonus to will saves.

Spellcasting(Su)
Sauron casts spells as a 6th level sorcerer.

Auras
Desecrating Aura(Su)
Sauron can slowly corrupt the land around him. He corrupts 1 square mile of land near his abode per day he has spent there (as per the Desecrate spell). He also corrupts another 10 square miles of land per day to a lesser degree (only dead trees, barren lands, rotting grass, ect).

Antimagic Aura(Su)
Anyone within 100ft of Sauron must make a DC 22 caster level check in order to cast a spell. The caster recieves a +2 bonus to the check per level of the spell being cast.

Fear Aura(Su)
Any enemy who sees Sauron him must make a DC 23 will save or be affected by a fear effect as cast by an 11th level caster. Creatures with more than 5 hitdie are immune. Those who successfuly save are immune to Sauron's fear aura for 24 hours.

Equipment:
+1 unholy Mace 16000gp
Magical fullplate armor (gives DR 10/magic, no max dex, movement inhibition, spell failure chance or armor check penalty) 16000gp

Ring of Power (priceless but might sell for up to 400,000 gp):
The mighty ring of power is a mayor artifact that grants several powers to those you claim it. Claiming it requires that the ring be in the claimer's possession and that he pass a DC 20 willsave. Failure makes Sauron aware of the claimant. Should the ring be claimed Sauron is permanently killed (becomes an impotent ghost).
It grants the following powers to those who claim it:
-As a fullround action Sauron can exert his power through the ring to anyone wearing a ring of power. This acts like a Dominate Monster spell at DC 20. Once dominated a telepathic link is established and Sauron can issue orders to his thrall.
-The ring of power amplifies the wearers personal power by an immense amount. The wearer recieves a 50% enhancement increase in hitdie, saves, save DCs for spells and spell-likes, caster level and skill checks up to a maximum of a +4 increase (+8 for skillchecks). All the wielder's stats also recieve a +2 enhancement bonus. Sauron's stats already have these bonuses included.
-Greater Invisibility at will (but ethereal creatures can see you). People who are using the ring but haven't claimed it always go invisible when wearing it.
-The wearer can see the ethereal plane (whether or not they've claimed the ring).
-The wearer stops aging and can stop the aging of people, places or objects of his choice. Users who haven't claimed the ring stop aging but can't preserve other objects. Certain races are immune to this effect (DM decides which).
Anyone with the ring in his possession must make a willsave DC 10+3 per number of hitdie that would be increased should he claim it. This willsave must be repeated every week. The person with the ring may get bonuses to his willsave depending on his vulnerability to temptation. These bonuses are decided by the DM. On each failure the wearers alignment is shifted one step towards lawful evil.
In order to willingly give up the ring the wearer must make the same willsave. Willingly destroying the ring is virtualy impossible (requires a DC 40 willsave or complete immunity to mind affecting attacks).
Anyone who sees the ring desires it and must make a DC 5 willsave or immediatly try and take it. This save DC increases by 1 each week the person remains near the ring to a maximum of DC 10. After the initial save anyone near the ring only has to make their save once per week.
Tactics:
Sauron is a thinking villain and prefers using his genius level intelect and divine charisma to lead and inspire the armies that do his dirty work. He only enters combat if he has no other choice.
If he does attack he uses his superior speed to get into melee range and take advantage of his devastating Burning Touch or to full attack using his supernatural skill, strength and speed. He will counterspell any powerful spellcasters and let his antimagic field and SR absorb the rest.
Highly resilient and able to retreat should the battle turn against him he's capable of cutting large swaths through whole armies and kill even the mightiest of heroes with ease.

Burning Touch
Evocation [Fire]
Level: Fire 6, Sor/Wiz 6
Components: S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: touch
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Fortitude halves
Spell Resistance: Yes

The target of this spell takes 2d6 point of fire damage per caster level (maximum 30d6, fortitude halves). Any creature reduced to 0 hitpoints or less is instantly turned to cinders (like a disintegrate spell). A melee touch attack is required to hit.

I've run into a few problems:
-Even with his displeasing form he still has a +21 to diplomacy! He could have converted most of the army of the Last Alliance to his side when they were besieging him!
-The rules governing the ring are very unwieldy and long.
-Antimagic Aura+SR+counterspelling makes him almost immune to magic leaving casters to watch from the sidelines while the fighters do all the work.
-I need help with Sauron's skills. Obviously he'll have max diplomacy (now intimidation), sense motive, craft(smithin) and knowledge(tactics) but what about the others?

Let me know if I've missed out any abilities, contradicted any canon or included an ability he doesn't have.

As a bonus here's Carcharoth, the wolf who killed Huan:

Carcharoth, the king of wolves

With the strength of a hundred men and a bite that can chop a man in half Carcharoth is the greatest wolf that ever lived. His speed and agility surpasses that of any mortal man or beast and he's more resilient than 50 professional boxers. At 1000 pounds of pure muscle this man-high king of the wolves is more than a match for any creature that roams the earth.

Size/Type: Large Magical Beast
Hit Dice: 11d8+121 (170 hp)
Initiative: +7
Speed: 80 ft. (16 squares)
Armor Class: 26 (-1 size, +7 Dex, +9 natural, +1 dodge), touch 17, flat-footed 18
Base Attack/Grapple: +11/+29
Attack: Bite +25 melee (1d8+21)
Full Attack: 2 Bites +25 melee (1d8+21)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Trip
Special Qualities: Low-light vision, scent, immune to mind affecting effects, permanent haste, DR 10/magic
Saves: Fort +18, Ref +15, Will +9
Abilities: Str 39, Dex 24, Con 33, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 12
Feats: Alertness, Run, TrackB, Weapon Focus (bite), Power Attack
Challenge Rating: 10

Trip (Ex)
When Carcharoth hits with a bite attack he can attempt to trip the opponent (+18 check modifier) as a free action without making a touch attack or provoking an attack of opportunity. If the attempt fails, the opponent cannot react to trip Carcharoth.

btw: Any spelling or grammar mistakes should also be pointed out.

* For those who don't know an E6 campaign is where the maximum level is 6 instead of 20. It gives a more down-to-earth feel and makes the PCs feel like heroes instead of gods.

Selrahc
2008-02-08, 03:29 PM
btw: Any spelling or grammer mistakes should also be pointed out.

Like the incorrect spelling of grammar in that sentence?:smalltongue:

Or was that ironic?

That stat up works pretty well to describe most everything Sauron is shown to do, while still leaving him as a badass.

WalkingTarget
2008-02-08, 03:39 PM
D&D isn't really my game of choice, so I can't really comment on most of the number-crunching.

However, I'd say that something needs to be present to indicate his heritage as a pupil of Aule. Craft (smithing) or Craft (artificing) if something like that is available in the list of skills.

Edit - oh, and maybe something to substitute Intimidation for Diplomacy as a result of the Evil appearance? Just a thought.

Edit the 2nd - also, the Ring should have something to indicate it's powers of preservation (all of the Rings of Power had this). Characters of "mortal" race stop aging (well, DM should decide exceptions by race, in Tolkien the Dwarves were immune from this effect and others) and a "wielder" can prevent the effects of aging in other objects/places. Also, in addition to the shifts towards LE, there might be a mechanic to explain the effects of "fading" into the shadow realm as a wraith even while not wearing it, even if one is not the "wielder" (again, possible racial exceptions per DM fiat).

GoC
2008-02-08, 04:32 PM
D&D isn't really my game of choice, so I can't really comment on most of the number-crunching.
Well human warriors have 4hp and a +1 attack. Compare that to his stats and you'll see the difference.:smallwink:

Edit - oh, and maybe something to substitute Intimidation for Diplomacy as a result of the Evil appearance? Just a thought.
A +26 intimidate check is so insane it's better than his fear aura! I like it.:smallcool:

Edit the 2nd - also, the Ring should have something to indicate it's powers of preservation (all of the Rings of Power had this). Characters of "mortal" race stop aging (well, DM should decide exceptions by race, in Tolkien the Dwarves were immune from this effect and others) and a "wielder" can prevent the effects of aging in other objects/places. Also, in addition to the shifts towards LE, there might be a mechanic to explain the effects of "fading" into the shadow realm as a wraith even while not wearing it, even if one is not the "wielder" (again, possible racial exceptions per DM fiat).
I'm not sure how the mechanics on fading would work here.

Selrahc: There's incorrect grammer in that sentence?:smallconfused:
But yes, please point out any mistakes .

Mr. Scaly
2008-02-08, 05:02 PM
Only 11 hit dice? A level 6 necromancer could raise him once he died. :smallwink: A few more hitdice needed, but other than that looks quite nasty.

WalkingTarget
2008-02-08, 05:03 PM
Well, yeah, the fear aura is just due to being in his presence. I can totally see him actively trying to bully you being more effective.

I'm thinking the fading could be related to aging checks. Like, make some sort of save (will?) at every interval when an aging check would have occurred. If failed, then you begin to feel "stretched, like butter scraped over too much bread" or something and after a number of those failures you fade into a wraith.

It's "grammar".

GoC
2008-02-08, 05:21 PM
Only 11 hit dice? A level 6 necromancer could raise him once he died. :smallwink: A few more hitdice needed, but other than that looks quite nasty.

Well he's an outsider and I don't think you can raise outsiders.
And outsider HD are REALLY nasty.:smallcool:

Selrahc
2008-02-08, 05:22 PM
Selrahc: There's incorrect grammer in that sentence?
But yes, please point out any mistakes .

Incorrect spelling.

Grammar is spelt... well grammar, rather than grammer.

Mr. Scaly
2008-02-08, 05:30 PM
Well he's an outsider and I don't think you can raise outsiders.
And outsider HD are REALLY nasty.:smallcool:

Awww...no dark lord zombies in the future. ^^

Raging_Pacifist
2008-02-08, 06:40 PM
Oh, man thats awesome.

GoC
2008-02-08, 06:55 PM
Oh, man thats awesome.

Thanks.:smallsmile:
I love Sauron, he rocks.:smallcool:

XiaoTie
2008-02-08, 07:27 PM
I liked both, Sauron and Carcharoth. And IMHO think your problem (the one you mentioned) with casters is not really a problem, I actually think it really fits the idea I have of Sauron.

Care to make the Witch King or maybe Tuor ? :smallbiggrin:

Oh, and could you please direct me to some link with more info on this E6 you speak of ?

Inhuman Bot
2008-02-08, 08:06 PM
IMHO sauron seems to have too low hp, and maybe a not large enough attack bonus ( a level 15 wizard with 114 con has on average about 150 hitpoints?
I would make him at least as strong as a balor, which would be a little bit weaker then the bealrog?

The_Snark
2008-02-08, 08:24 PM
IMHO sauron seems to have too low hp, and maybe a not large enough attack bonus ( a level 15 wizard with 114 con has on average about 150 hitpoints?
I would make him at least as strong as a balor, which would be a little bit weaker then the bealrog?

This is made for a system using E6, where nobody is above level 6. Level 6 characters are essentially world-famous heroes.

The most HP a fighter could have at that level is 84, assuming all maximum HP and 18 Con. Improved Toughness could start getting him more, but very slowly.

He has plenty of health.

(Also, a level 15 wizard with 14 Con would have, on average, 69 HP, not 150.)

Spell-like abilities need a caster level, but it otherwise looks nice.

GoC
2008-02-08, 08:36 PM

He's designed for the E6 (http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=206323) system. That means that Balors (and most things beyond CR 10) don't exist and CR 20 is a greater deity.
Note:Sauron is currently 40 times tougher than an ordinary human and is near impossible to hit. I'd say that's pretty close to his actual abilities.

EDIT: Outdated link.

BisectedBrioche
2008-02-08, 09:02 PM
In regards to the alignment shift caused by the one ring: shouldn't neutral evil be more apropriate? I doubt that Golum was lawful....

GoC
2008-02-08, 09:13 PM
In regards to the alignment shift caused by the one ring: shouldn't neutral evil be more apropriate? I doubt that Golum was lawful....

I was under the impression the ring warped a creatures views to match Sauron's. And Sauron's LE, right?

Is anyone going to help with these:

I've run into a few problems:
-Even with his displeasing form he still has a +21 to diplomacy! He could have converted most of the army of the Last Alliance to his side when they were besieging him!
-The rules governing the ring are very unwieldy and long.
-I'm not sure whether I should include DR. It would make him more balanced and better at army killing but the book Sauron didn't have any.
-I need help with Sauron's skills. Obviously he'll have max diplomacy (now intimidation), sense motive, craft(smithin) and knowledge(tactics) but what about the others?

GoC
2008-02-08, 09:33 PM
Here's the best description of E6 I've seen:

the CR 11 Stone Golem that guards the entrance to an ancient kingdom...
the CR 8 Warforged Titan whose creation ended a border dispute between two nations...
the CR 9 Aspect of Orcus isn't an Aspect, it's the Orcus...
the CR 8 Efreeti you hope stays in its lamp - because if it broke free, it could raze cities...
the CR 7 Yuan-ti Abomination which heads the empire-spanning Slithering Cult...
the CR 7 Bulette that destroys every caravan to venture through the Wastes...
the CR 13 Huge Red Dragon that is the first dragon, the dragon from which all others sprung...
the CR 8 Treant which is the heart of the deepest forest in the land...

Istari
2008-02-09, 09:03 AM
I think thats pretty accuracte but maybe you should make a note that the ring warps the wearers views with the alingment change and that all nearby must make a will save or attempt to posses it.

XiaoTie
2008-02-09, 11:16 AM
Well, since he "is around" since early the First Age it would make sense giving him a couple of Knowledge skills (History, Nobility) and since he was a maia under Aule perhaps throw in Knowledge (Religion).

GoC
2008-02-09, 01:22 PM
I think thats pretty accuracte but maybe you should make a note that the ring warps the wearers views with the alingment change and that all nearby must make a will save or attempt to posses it.

There's already a will save required and anyone with less than +9 will (every mortal in an E6 campaign) will eventualy try and take the ring.
Not sure how to implement warped views.

XiaoTie: Sauron can max out 12 different skills. I've so far got:
Diplomacy/Intimidate, Sense Motive, Craft(Smithing), Knowledge(Tactics, History, Religion). He's still got 84 skillpoints to spend. Spot and Listen perhaps?

XiaoTie
2008-02-09, 01:40 PM
Most definitely Spot and Listen, I thought they were a given :elan:

I think perhaps Gather Information and Search would be nice as well, although they would be more fit to the Ringwraiths.

EvilElitest
2008-02-09, 02:01 PM
Here's how I imagine Sauron in an E6 campaign.*

seems cool, i'm not familer with E6, so forgive any confusion

Sauron
Dark Lord of Mordor

Sauron has many forms but usualy appears as a 9ft tall humanoid clad in black armor.

Size/Type: Medium Outsider
Hit Dice: 11d12+44 (176 hp)
Initiative: +5
Speed: 60 ft. (12 squares)
Armor Class: 28 (+5 Dex, +8 fullplate, +5 natural), touch 15, flat-footed 23
Base Attack/Grapple: +11/+16
Attack: +1 Oversized Unholy Mace +18 melee (1d12+10)
Full Attack: +1 Oversized Unholy Mace +18/+18/+13/+8 melee (1d12+10)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Spell-like abilities
Special Qualities: Shapeshift, Rejuvination, Supreme will, Flaming body, Auras, SR 20, Immunity to cold, fire and electricity, energy resistance 10 to all other energy types, immune to mind affecting attacks
Saves: Fort +15, Ref +16, Will +21
Abilities: Str 20, Dex 20, Con 18, Int 18, Wis 16, Cha 26
Feats: Power Attack, Weapon Focus(Oversized Mace), Weapon Specialization(Oversized Mace), Forge Ring, Combat Expertise
Challenge Rating: 11
[/QUOTE]
Challenge rating 11? Eh?

Spell-like abilities
At will-Quickened dispel magic; 1/day-Burning touch. CL 11. DCs are charisma based.

1. I don't think their is a limit to burning touch, i mean he burned Gil-ad and his body burned Isildur
2. Chrisma based sounds good
3. What about the Eye? Scrying?

Shapeshift(Su)
This ability works like the spell Alter Self except Sauron can turn into creatures size small, medium or large of type giant, humanoid, monsterous humanoid, magical beast, dragon, animal, vermin (but not swarms) or undead. Sauron can no longer take forms pleasing to humanoids and takes a -10 penalty on diplomacy checks against them.

So this is after the breaking of the World? Ok

Flaming Body(Su)
Anyone within 10ft of Sauron takes 1d6 of fire damage each round flaming body is active. Sauron can activate or deactivate this ability as a free action.

Would this do more damage to people closer to him, 1D6 sounds really weak for a guy who has affinity to lava

Rejuvination(Divine)
When Sauron is killed he turns into a ghost incapable of affecting the material plane and permanently gains one negative level. After spending 10d100 days as a ghost Sauron becomes corporeal and returns to the material plane (but keeps the negative level). The Ring of Power ignores negative levels when determining the bonuses it gives. Should the ring of power be destroyed and his number of negative levels equal his hitdie he won't be able to return to the material plane.

Makes sense, can he do anything as a ghost

Supreme will(divine)
Sauron gains his charisma modifier as a bonus to will saves.

Cool

Auras
Desecrating Aura(Su)
Sauron can slowly corrupt the land around him. Land within 1 mile of his abode per year he has spent there is Desecrated as the spell. This effect is noticable but not as potent (only dead trees, barren lands, rotting grass) out to 10 miles per year spent.

Shouldn't it be less than a year? He spent only a few years in Dol-Guldor and corrupted 3/4 of the forest

Antimagic Aura(Su)
Anyone within 100ft of Sauron must make a DC 22 caster level check in order to cast a spell. The caster recieves a +2 bonus to the check per level of the spell being cast.
Sounds good

Fear Aura(Su)
Any enemy who sees Sauron him must make a DC 14 will save or be affected by a fear effect as cast by an 11th level caster. Those who successfuly save are immune to Sauron's fear aura for 24 hours.

While the immunity makes sense, DC 14?

Equipment:
+1 unholy Mace 16000gp
Magical fullplate armor (no max dex, movement inhibition, spell failure chance or armor check penalty) 16000gp

Seems a little weak for a guy who is know to create major magical artifacts.
all i have time for now, seems pretty cool

from
EE

GoC
2008-02-09, 03:58 PM
Challenge rating 11? Eh?
For E6 that's staggeringly high.
The army and heros must have been very lucky to be able to defeat him without supernatural help. Level 6 in E6 is mechanicaly like 8th in D20 but in flavour it's like 9000+ OMG EPIC PWNING ROXXORS!!!!!1111!!:smallbiggrin:

1. I don't think their is a limit to burning touch, i mean he burned Gil-ad and his body burned Isildur
2. Chrisma based sounds good
3. What about the Eye? Scrying?
It was used only once despite the fact that it would have been useful against Isuldur. Maybe it has a long recovery time?
The eye was the Palantir, right? At least that's the impression I got from the LotR book. Maybe I should stat that out to...

Would this do more damage to people closer to him, 1D6 sounds really weak for a guy who has affinity to lava
That's what the fire immunity is. 1d6 is small bonfire. That's pretty unpleasant isn't it?:smallwink:
Would 2d6 (a raging furnace) be better?

Makes sense, can he do anything as a ghost
I don't think so but maybe his corrupting aura should still work only a bit less powerful?

Shouldn't it be less than a year? He spent only a few years in Dol-Guldor and corrupted 3/4 of the forest
Well he also spent several hundred years in Mordor yet his corruption never reached the shire. I'm open to other suggestion regarding this.

While the immunity makes sense, DC 14?
Yes. The six who fought him would have been +5 (good will save)+3(excellent will)+2(resistance) yet they all made their saves. Maybe instead of D20 it should use the 3d6 varient rules? That way it still terrifies 99% of mooks but the six all making their save seems more reasonable.

Seems a little weak for a guy who is know to create major magical artifacts.
Well it is E6 where magic items like a +1 longsword are the stuff of legend and a +1 unholy mace must have been created by the god (or demigod in this case) of smiths. He's not known to have created anything else so I had to come up with stuff myself. Would a greatsword be better?

Elrond
2008-02-09, 05:48 PM
SAURON ROCKS

Infernal Undead
2008-02-21, 09:06 PM
Seems good but how did Sauron get d12 hd isn't outsider hd d8?

GoC
2008-03-04, 02:11 PM
Seems good but how did Sauron get d12 hd isn't outsider hd d8?
Good catch, I'll correct it right away.

arkanis
2008-03-06, 04:06 PM
Just because the six who fought him passed the save doesn't mean it has to be exactly 14.

Heroes after all often times "roll higher" or "get lucky" when push comes to shove.

His fear save should technically be 10 + 1/2 HD + Cha mod. (DC 23)
That's pretty darn high, but I'd expect that from a character with high charisma. Perhaps you could put a limit on the HD it effects? (Only HD 5 and lower?)

Or maybe heroic characters can just take an ability that makes them resistant to fear or allow them to reroll?

Nemesis67
2008-03-06, 11:18 PM
I love LoTR so I have some suggestions:
1. The eye was just his incarnation because he was killed. It takes him several centuries to recreate his body if it is destroyed (due to the ring). He can influence people who are using palentirs though (i.e. Saruman)
2. I think 2d6 would be better and it should only take effect when he is not wearing his armor. He also should have a -10(or some other large penalty) Diplomacy when in his armor for the non-evil races as it makes him evil-looking (to prevent him from converting enemies) because of his reputation. When he is out of his armor, he should have his full modifier.
3. Also, Sauron was an arcane spellcaster. In the Hobbit, Gandalf investigates a necromancer in the Black Woods (or someplace that I forgot the name of) which turns out to be Sauron. It might be difficult to incorperate that in E6 rules, so possibly not.

Amur_Tiger
2008-04-06, 06:29 PM
Well he also spent several hundred years in Mordor yet his corruption never reached the shire. I'm open to other suggestion regarding this.

Simple solution, use better math.

Basically 10 miles per year is a silly and inconsistent way of spreading desecration due to the vastly different results you'd get on the first year, adds 100 square miles and even the second year, adds 300 more square miles. My thought would be that you either half the increase in radius each year so the first year you get 10 miles the second year you get 5 so on and so forth, or you double the interval so that you always get 10 miles but it takes twice as long as last time.