PDA

View Full Version : Official 3.5 books

Crazy Scot
2008-02-09, 01:50 AM
My gaming group is having a debate and was wondering if any of you could help. We found the official release date for version 3.5 was July 2003, but there is still some debate as to which books were made for that version. One person in the group (all names withheld) contends that anything published after that time was made for 3.5. Another player is saying that a book must specifically state 3.5 to be made for that version. I have managed to avoid getting in the middle of this one so far, but was wondering if anyone knew a sure fire way to tell the two apart. Is there one way that always works to tell which edition a book was made for? Or how to tell if a book has been updated for version 3.5? Or does anyone have an official list of all version 3.5 books available?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as this has been dragging on for too long, and is really getting annoying. Thanks in advance.

Zincorium
2008-02-09, 01:57 AM
If the book was published after the 3.5 PHB was released, it will be 3.5. Even savage species was getting very close, and it was published several months before 3.5 officially came out.

The best way to tell is if, on the credits page, it includes the line "this product uses updated material from the 3.5 revision".

Other ways to tell include looking at anything with damage reduction. If it lists a +x, it's 3.0, if it lists magic, it's 3.5.

Lastly, unless superceded by a new entry, all material from 3.0 is officially still considered valid, which is why they made free update manuals available online so as to help out.

Crazy Scot
2008-02-09, 03:00 AM
Thanks for the information Zincorium. Hopefully your answers will nullify the debate that has been distracting us from the game. What you said falls in line with what I thought to be true, but was just looking for confirmation before I opened my big mouth and got in the middle of a distracting arguement.

Thanks.

AslanCross
2008-02-09, 03:55 AM
There are also some skills in 3.0 that were folded into others in 3.5. Innuendo, Intuit Direction and Read Lips, for example.

Jimp
2008-02-09, 07:21 PM
Check the WotC website for errata that changes the 3.0 books and makes them in line with 3.5 changes.