PDA

View Full Version : drunks in the playground

reorith
2008-02-09, 02:32 AM
so is anyone else drunk? what did you drink?

Micate
2008-02-09, 02:34 AM
Not drunk, but I've had a few beers tonight.

Amotis
2008-02-09, 02:36 AM
I can't sleep, took a few shots of jack. Feel better.

KindaChang
2008-02-09, 02:47 AM
Let's just sum what I drank tonight as: beer and liquor.

I'd have to spoiler tag the list otherwise, I think.

Pagz
2008-02-09, 03:25 AM
NO YOU ARE SEXY!

*stumbles*

JasonDoomsblade
2008-02-09, 07:24 AM
I tried drinking a whole budwieser. I threw up soon afterward.

Zombie pixe
2008-02-09, 11:11 AM
but budwiser is a horrible drink (personal oppinion)

so are alcopops, ill always prefer a good guiness :smallsmile:

Thes Hunter
2008-02-09, 11:50 AM
I wish to thank you all for helping pay my salary.

Yes, yes. I said pay my salary. You see, I am now employed with the company that prints most of the labels for beer bottles in Trogland.

So thank you very much, cause I like getting paid.

And since Trogland's chief export is Lawyers, I must say, please drink responsibly.

Trog
2008-02-09, 11:56 AM
You see, I am now employed with the company that prints most of the labels for beer bottles in Trogland.

COINCIDENCE?! I think not. :smallwink:

And since Trogland's chief export is Lawyers, I must say, please drink responsibly.

Now Fly! FLY! *Stands in window as flying monkeys winged lawyers in suits and carrying briefcases flap by.

I'm da Rogue!
2008-02-09, 12:10 PM
Beer is only the 1st course. The main course is vodka.

Haruki-kun
2008-02-09, 12:46 PM
I'm not much of a drinker, and I don't like Beer that much.....

Also, it's barely noon. :smalltongue:

reorith
2008-02-09, 02:20 PM
I'm not much of a drinker, and I don't like Beer that much.....

Also, it's barely noon. :smalltongue:

bourbon and toast makes for a great breakfast.

North
2008-02-09, 02:22 PM
Yeah Budweiser is just horrible.

Im sadly not able to drink at work. But if I go out tonight.... there will be much drunk. Verily.

Bor the Barbarian Monk
2008-02-09, 02:35 PM
I believe this particular video is relevant to this thread...well, part of it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbMg1dLYqg8
:smallbiggrin:

Eldpollard
2008-02-09, 02:55 PM
I haven't had anything today. But I did have some very nice wine yesterday.
What does everyone drink for preference? It's wine for me, or an ale.

Irenaeus
2008-02-09, 07:31 PM
I have quite a buzz going now. It is a rather recent development and it will probably soon pass, but right now I'm rather happy with it. I've had a few beers (Hansa Pilsner, Newcastle Brown Ale and local bayer), but I'm usually very fond of single malt whisky.

EmeraldRose
2008-02-09, 08:34 PM
A lovely Napa Valley merlot at the moment. I may move to a bordeaux afterwards, I haven't decided yet. Where is Amotis when I want to talk about wine? Where is Amotis at all these days...

Fester
2008-02-09, 08:54 PM
i don't drink.

alkyholl does not work well with me.

North
2008-02-09, 08:57 PM
I think I may be going out tonight. If I do get properly fershnuggered Ill make sure to post. Just ignore all the grammar and spelling mistakes.

EmeraldRose
2008-02-09, 08:59 PM
I think I may be going out tonight. If I do get properly fershnuggered Ill make sure to post. Just ignore all the grammar and spelling mistakes.

I think that's to be expected in a thread called 'drunks in the playground'...:smallamused:

North
2008-02-09, 09:00 PM
Well it will probably spread to other threads:smallbiggrin:

EmeraldRose
2008-02-09, 09:01 PM
More than likely. :smalltongue:

Ooo..my purple egg is cracking! :smallbiggrin:

FoE
2008-02-09, 09:02 PM

Ugh, tonight? It's way too cold out there. I'm staying in and renting a movie.

Fester
2008-02-09, 09:02 PM
Ooo..my purple egg is cracking!

that's a sexual innuendo if i've ever heard one

North
2008-02-09, 09:05 PM
Well its gonna be indoors bar then indoors house. Face we'll have to go drinking sometime (Possibly when you turn 18:P)

Wow Fester didnt even notice that till you pointed it out:smallbiggrin:

EmeraldRose
2008-02-09, 09:06 PM
Ok, seriously, how is that an innuendo? If you'll kindly look at my sig block, you will indeed see a purple egg. :smallannoyed:

FoE
2008-02-09, 09:10 PM
I'm in my 20s, North! :smallbiggrin:

Fester
2008-02-09, 09:11 PM
my egg is cracking

my EGG...is CRACKING

...MY EGG IS CRACKING

North
2008-02-09, 09:12 PM
Really? I had been operating on the preconception that you were 16ish like Salmon and Crew.... I dont why?

So that means we need to go drinking! We'll show this thread how Albertans roll!

FoE
2008-02-09, 09:23 PM
I'm from Saskatchewan. :smalltongue:

North
2008-02-09, 09:30 PM
Fine, we can spend money on Pilsner then :smallsigh:

FoE
2008-02-09, 09:34 PM
Ugh, Pilsner. You know that tastes good at first, but then you hit the bottom of the bottle and it tastes like rat's piss. :smalltongue: I prefer Grasshopper or Kokanee Cold.

North
2008-02-09, 09:38 PM
Ive lately been on a new castle binge. Kokanee for the bar. MMmmmmmm team pitchers.

mockingbyrd7
2008-02-09, 09:41 PM
I've never been drunk, or even tipsy - after all, I'm thirteen - but I have a tiny sip of wine every Sunday at church, and often a small amount of champagne on New Years. Both delicious. I've sampled beer, and it was terrible. Acquired taste, I guess.

EmeraldRose
2008-02-09, 09:46 PM
Moving on to the bordeaux...*sips* mmm...there's something special about that bordeaux flavor!

North
2008-02-09, 09:55 PM
Yeah but can you uncork it yourself :smallwink:

ZombieRockStar
2008-02-09, 09:57 PM
Not drunk, mainly because I have a self-imposed "one at a time" rule that I tend to break only is special circumstances, but I like the occasional Crown Royal and ginger ale.

EmeraldRose
2008-02-09, 09:59 PM
Yeah but can you uncork it yourself :smallwink:

Yes, I am perfectly able to open my own bottles of wine. :smalltongue: And it tastes very smooooooooooooth.

Also, ZRS! *hugs*

Marek
2008-02-09, 10:20 PM
Metaxa is my weapon of choice when I choose to drown my sorrows. It has an effect similar to having a slice of lemon wrapped 'round a large gold brick smashing out my brain :smalltongue:

North
2008-02-09, 10:26 PM
I ate food today though. So getting drunk is gonna be a lot harder though. :smallfrown: Eating just makes my alcohol tolerance skyhigh.

Krade
2008-02-09, 10:32 PM
When this thread was started? Absolutely! I had a LOT of Jaeger last night. There was also a moderate amount of singing and various other forms of merry-making.

There may also be drinking tonight. Still unsure though. I'll try to make a drunken post if I can. That should be fun.

RandomLogic
2008-02-09, 10:48 PM
When this thread was started? Absolutely! I had a LOT of Jaeger last night. There was also a moderate amount of singing and various other forms of merry-making.

There may also be drinking tonight. Still unsure though. I'll try to make a drunken post if I can. That should be fun.

I don't think I've made drunken posts before, but I certainly have tried drunken video games... CounterStrike is hard tanked!

Also drinking video games are fun, I recommend drinking Duck hunt!

Krade
2008-02-09, 10:56 PM
Also drinking video games are fun, I recommend drinking Duck hunt!

I'm trying to figure out exactly what you are trying to say here...

Do you mean playing Duck Hunt while you are drunk or actually melting the cartridge into a molten puddle and pouring it down you throat. If it's the latter, I have got to say that that does not sound like a terribly large amount of fun.

Krade
2008-02-10, 04:00 AM
Well... here's my drunk post.

I probably should admit that I'm not very drunk. My judgement is still more or less intact (or at least as much as it ever was).

We had fun, not as much as I had expected but still, chillin in a graveyard and sippin Irishj whiskey (jameson's rocks!) sittin in the Key WEst graveyard. Tomorrow will probably be better as it's my last day in Key West until the next time I visit ( which would really be anyone's guess as to when). Another plus is hat my friend ilp be actually breaking out his hookah omorow with the deliscious watermelon flavored tobbacco that tastes a lot like a jolly rancher except it's smoke instead of candy.

P.S.:I tried not to correct man of my typingmiostake for showing everyone how my typing skills are impaired after a few shotas of whiskey.

WhatIsGravity
2008-02-10, 05:00 AM
I got drunk (just a little light-headed actually) for the very first time on New Year's Eve. It was an eye-opening experience, haha. All I had that day was lunch, so that must have contributed. My friends and I just sat down next to the beach to drink.

First cup was equal parts Absolut Vodka and Minute Maid OJ. They didn't mix very well, so it was more like vodka and OJ separately. Second cup was pure vodka.

We walked a few miles, half-drunk, to see the fireworks. Fun times.

Oh, did I mention we were 16?

I'm da Rogue!
2008-02-10, 09:06 AM
Last night was fun. We watched Sweeney Todd, which I really liked, and had enough time to go for a drink afterwards (Yay! metros and buses work til 2am from now on in my city). It was cold yesterday, so I had some Metaxa, didn't get much drunk, just in a really, really good mood.
This combined with the movie's armosphere made me see the best dream I've had in ages. When I woke up today I wrote it down, I will change it a bit and make it a story.

I'm in my 20s, North! :smallbiggrin:

Not for long, not for long.:smallamused:

Shraik
2008-02-10, 11:36 AM
My dad would let me sip his beer when I was two. Couldn't have been good for my development. Could explain the Depression

Ceska
2008-02-10, 11:48 AM
"Why is there no bread in the bag anymore?"
"You ate them yesterday evening."
"What? No, I didn't, I didn't even know the bag was here."
"You sat right next to me and ate it."
"I can't remember that at all. Seriously?"
"Really."
"... Crap."

That was today's morning. Should say a lot. I know I had five shots of self made Schnapps and ~3 beers. Too much for me, apparently.

Darius Midnite
2008-02-10, 01:31 PM
Perhaps I overdid it with the whiskey...not drunk though...or yet.

Swordlol
2008-02-10, 01:38 PM
I'm 18, I don't drink, never had wine, I don't go to church.

Statistically speaking, I have a much higher risk at dying if I do drink beer.

My father, both my grandfathers, and as far as I know, one of my great grandfathers, all died of cancer. It was either due to smoking and drinking, or drugs and drinking. Furthermore I'm allergic to wheat, all of the above gives me a good reason to never drink, ever.

sapphail
2008-02-11, 09:41 AM
Taking flu tablets, so I can't drink till I get off them. :smallmad: Bacardi, Stoli or tequila be my poisons of choice. Bacardi 151 if I can get it - not for the uninitiated though... :smallamused:

Rare Pink Leech
2008-02-11, 11:12 AM
NO YOU ARE SEXY!

*stumbles*

NO YOU ARE SEXY! :smalltongue:

Anyway, not drunk right now. Haven't even been tipsy since New Years. I have posted tipsy a couple of times, and I think I might have posted drunk once. I don't think you'd be able to tell from the spelling and grammar, since I gain superhuman concentration skills when drunk - I make sure that everything I write is written properly. I can be so drunk that I can barely stand up, but I'm still able to put on and tie both of my shoes properly and by myself.

My drink of choice is beer. Not the commercial goat-piss, but real beer. If you've seen a beer advertised on TV, there's a 99% chance I don't drink it. I also enjoy Jack Daniels in either Coke or ginger ale and champagne. Don't care for wine, although I'm more partial to white than red. Don't care for vodka either, although I'll drink it. I also rather like this bottle of apple schnapps my dad got for his birthday - I think I've had more than he has :smallsmile:

Doc Leech
2008-02-11, 03:44 PM
redbull & vodka is my current champ. there's just something to be said for mixing depressants and energy drinks... yum!

next up, vodka with any clear soda. if you like flavoured vodka, blueberry or raspberry are both great choices. plus, as long as they aren't made insanely strong these are perfect for sipping on all night.

of course, on the rare occasions that i need to be tipsy ASAP, nothing does the trick like a well made long island ice tea. or two. (three = problem)

mustn't forget to mention the wine... it's essential for certain situations, and i've never had a regret about getting a nice & pricey bottle of white. while i don't know enough about wine for educated discussion, i know enough to know how much i enjoy splitting a bottle of quality white wine with a good friend. GREAT times!

i can't stand beer. there are a few reasons for this: firstly, it just doesn't taste very good to me. secondly, it fills me up uncomfortably quickly, and lastly if i happen to drink enough to get drunk, it's not one of those happy "lets go paint the town red and dance on some tables WOOOO!!" feeling, it's more of a groggy/half-asleep grumpy state that makes me want to put on a dirty wifebeater and possibly go cow tipping. tis no fun at all. that said, if i'm at a summer BBQ, i will most likely seek out a nice red stripe. tradition!

also, there's this spanish liquor called pacharan made from sloe berries that is A) impossible to find in the states except through import/export companies and even then only in cases of 20 and up, and B) the best tasting drink i've ever had (at least the good brands, namely baines and la navarra). hell, it almost edges out water, and i'm a man who loves me some water. pacharan is hard to describe, but think of a glass of honey that's a good bit lighter consistency and slightly less sweet. mana from heaven!! only downside is having to wait for spain trips and then (assuming it's not me going) bribing people to bring back as many bottles as they can. which very COINCIDENTALLY happens to turn into one bottle once they've tasted it. cheeky gits! (suffice to say, i greatly envy any forumers who have the ability to walk to the store outside their home and pick up multiple bottles of this stuff)

lord, this makes me look like a drunk. believe it or not, i only drink any substantial amount about once a month, if that. while fun, drinking isn't my vice of choice, and it has an uphill battle to catch up to the others :P

Irenaeus
2008-02-13, 05:10 AM
Statistically speaking, I have a much higher risk at dying if I do drink beer.Just to be nitpicky; statistically speaking, you have exactly the same chance of dying whether you drink beer or not.:smallbiggrin:

Shademan
2008-02-13, 09:09 AM
y'know. i prefer to say sober. when everybody else get drunk i get a +5 on my bluff and diplomacy checks.

*evil grin*