PDA

View Full Version : Help me with my avatar

Bayar
2008-02-09, 09:47 AM
Yeah, for some reason, i think it is kinda...off.

the shoulderpads are almost invisible, the hair is kinda wrong (though it is the model I intended to draw in the fist place), the colors of the outfit is wrong...and other minor details.

Here is a bigger version:
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff15/bayar_m2003/meira2.png

Awaiting suggestions, and will post the fixed versions :smallbiggrin:

Lyinginbedmon
2008-02-09, 09:51 AM
Well, the feet need to be using curved line ends, and her right leg needs to be longer. The main portion of the legs needs to be vertical, or she starts looking a touch sumo-esque in her stance.

The face seems to be oval, but it needs to be a perfect circle. The line looks much thicker than the rest of the design too.

The bottom of the bust needs to start higher, and the back needs to curve inward, not point.

That's about all I can think of right now. It's not terrible, but there are a few problems.

Bayar
2008-02-09, 09:56 AM
actually, the back curves, just that you cant see it due to the cape...
The head is a perfect circle, the hair messes it up...

the feet needs fixing...I noticed this...

Ichneumon
2008-02-09, 09:58 AM
Make all the lines equally fat. It makes it look a lot better.

Simius
2008-02-09, 10:07 AM
Yep, what Ichnaumon said.

Also, make the torso smaller and the legs and feet longer. The swords is at an unrealistic angle. The eyes could be a bit closer together. You could just make the shoulder pads bigger.

But most importantly, use the same thickness of lines for everything but the smallest details. The lines of the hair, cloak and mouth are far too thin.

And her right leg seems to be slightly transparant. What's up with that? :smallconfused:

EDIT: another thing.
Keep in mind that's facing to the left. That means that stuff that normally would be in the middle, like the cloak's brooch, should now be more to the left.

EDIT2:
\/ A C shape? What are you talking about? I agree that the back could use a little bit of tweaking, but it isn't that far off.

Lyinginbedmon
2008-02-09, 10:08 AM
actually, the back curves, just that you cant see it due to the cape...

The cape isn't obscuring the torso region. The back is curving like an S shape, but it needs to be more of a C shape past the bottom section.

Bayar
2008-02-09, 10:15 AM
Actually, it should be an S, according to OOTS...if you look closer...

Lines, got it, fixing now.

Removed the sword for now, will edit it to look more like an OOTS sword.

cleaned the hair a bit more.

Decreasedthe thickness of the head lines.

The eyes are the same distance as OOTS...so doubt it...

the leg transparency I noticed while I was editing...think I forgot to fill it back to 100% after I made it the shape it was...

Changed the color of the cape...it should be better...i think...

Think I will add boots too...they will look better...

done so far (when Lying first posted):
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff15/bayar_m2003/g3303.png

Edit: and now with same line thickness...think it should be thicker though...
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff15/bayar_m2003/g8204.png

Simius
2008-02-09, 10:23 AM
Decreasedthe thickness of the head lines.

Nooo!
Thicker lines = better

Try making all lines the same thickness as the legs.

\/ You need to Ctrl+F5 to see the new version

Ichneumon
2008-02-09, 10:24 AM
Are the lines really fixed?

No! All line should be equally thick! Thickness is good, unequal thickness is not. It is like communism. Wealth is good, unequal distribution of wealth is not.

Bayar
2008-02-09, 10:35 AM
Yay for thicker lines !

Now...for hair and coloring...cant seem to find a model for long hair to fit...

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff15/bayar_m2003/g10313.png

Lyinginbedmon
2008-02-09, 10:39 AM
Huh, the C must be my particular variation on the design, Trazoi's guide shows it as closer to an S. Either way, there is definitely something up with the back. It needs to be more curved than pointed I think.

Bayar
2008-02-09, 10:42 AM
Huh, the C must be my particular variation on the design, Trazoi's guide shows it as closer to an S. Either way, there is definitely something up with the back. It needs to be more curved than pointed I think.

dunno where you see it pointed...

Simius
2008-02-09, 10:52 AM

I think the curve has to start lower. It's meant to depict the inward curving of the female body, just above the hips.

About the hair, I drew this quite a while ago and it's still applicable.
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z265/_Simius_/Hair.gif

You could also try to make the partition of the hair more pronounced at the top. Apart from that, the shape seems to be pretty good.

The shape of the cloak is a little bit odd. I'd advice you to look good at (for example) Miko's cloak and try to imitate it. It's very hard to make a cloak look realistic.

Nameless
2008-02-09, 11:15 AM
Nooo!
Thicker lines = better

Try making all lines the same thickness as the legs.

\/ You need to Ctrl+F5 to see the new version

Not true:

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x203/tomshaer/FAT.png

:smalltongue:

Bayar
2008-02-09, 11:22 AM
It did start lower, but i raised it. You suggested it...

The shape of the cloak is a little bit odd. I'd advice you to look good at (for example) Miko's cloak and try to imitate it. It's very hard to make a cloak look realistic.

now looking at her, I see the hair is somewhat the way it should look, abit longer, but more accurate...

Dallas-Dakota
2008-02-09, 03:01 PM
Hmmm....

Mmmmhmmm....

Hmmmm.....

Well whats wrong with the back is that the curve should be a bit lower, start almost at the beginning of the pants, end so that the top bit of the back is not curved.

The hair :
Try making putting it behind the shoulder pad, cloak and stuff. I donīt know which particular model you are aiming for with the hair but that could work.