PDA

View Full Version : Where to put a campaign I don't intend to use?

Uncle_Putte
2008-02-09, 04:00 PM
Now, I've been puttering around with roleplaying games for a little over a decade now, and as usual, bad habits stick. I've been without a gaming group for the better part of 5 years of that now, and even internet games have died out for me during the last two years - not that I didn't enjoy them, but they all met the oh-so-common end of players disappearing into the depths of the web. These days, I'm too apathetic to even try putting a game together. That, and busy too. But as I said, bad habits stick. Not a week goes by that I don't pick up a new idea from somewhere, and in the idle moments of the day, form it into a skeleton of an adventure or a campaign. I have literally a slew of half-formed games bumbling about in the back of my head, trailing muddy foot-and-tentacleprints across the clean tile floors of my subconscious. I've thought of gaining some sort of catharsis by writing them down, but the previously mentioned apathy tends to get in the way. It's never all that motivating when there's nothing to do with them. So, I finally thought, maybe someone else would like to DM a campaign of mine? I suppose I could gain a little motivation by that, by the knowledge that those currently unborn children of mine could go out to the world and find some use for them.

So, uh... sorry for the verbal spill-out, but the bottom line is, does anyone know a place where to put down campaign ideas for public use? I'd like a place most accessible to the GitP forum pbp-players too, due to my fondness of this place and it's inhabitants.

Cheers,
-your loving but funny-smelling uncle Putte

ps. I hope I plodded this thread down in the right forum. It's been a while since I last posted anything, and demented old-timers like me have a fair bit of trouble following social norms anyway.

Devils_Advocate
2008-02-09, 08:39 PM
So, uh... sorry for the verbal spill-out, but the bottom line is, does anyone know a place where to put down campaign ideas for public use? I'd like a place most accessible to the GitP forum pbp-players too, due to my fondness of this place and it's inhabitants.
Over here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15), maybe? :smallsmile:

bosssmiley
2008-02-09, 09:10 PM
Make a wiki of it? :smallconfused:

Glyphic
2008-02-09, 09:20 PM
get them published, perhaps? I don't know what the process of making those "old fashioned Dungeon crawls" things is but it is something you could look into.

Uncle_Putte
2008-02-10, 10:56 AM
Ah, thanks a lot, Advocate. It should have been obvious, but it seems I didn't know the forums as well as I thought I did. Well, as always, old people need a bit of helping now and then. I'll try that for starters, and see if it goes anywhere from there.

Protagonist
2008-02-10, 11:07 AM
www.thecbg.org

simple as