PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else looking forward to Lost Odyssey?

JonathanC
2008-02-09, 07:09 PM
I pre-ordered it just this week, I can't wait for it to come out. The videos look awesome, and the story sounds great. It's nice to finally get some decent RPGs on the 360, instead of just shooters. First Mass Effect, now this. :)

EagleWiz
2008-02-09, 08:15 PM
To answer your origional question: No. You do know that its about 1/2 cut-scenes

JonathanC
2008-02-09, 08:42 PM
...and this is different from any Final Fantasy in the past 10 years HOW?

Crispy Dave
2008-02-09, 10:25 PM
no no one is looking forward to it

Myatar_Panwar
2008-02-09, 11:17 PM
Ive never really gotten into turn-based RPG's, ive only really played 1 or 2. But this story sounds intriguing, I will probably rent it.

Archpaladin Zousha
2008-02-10, 06:58 PM
I'm curious about it. What's it about?

TheOtherMC
2008-02-10, 07:02 PM
I'm curious about it. What's it about?

An immortal who has lived for a thousand years but has no memory of them. (?)

Gungnir
2008-02-11, 12:08 AM
Honestly hadn't heard about it. It occurs to me that I leave myself out of the loop far too much. That said, it looks to be quite tasty. And also immense. Don't see many games that need more than one disk nowadays.

To answer your origional question: No. You do know that its about 1/2 cut-scenes
So, it's a really cool looking movie that has parts I can control? SWEET!

No, honestly, what's so bad about that?

No trolling, buddy. Move along.

DarkLightDragon
2008-02-11, 06:05 AM
Sounds interesting, but I'm too lazy to google so mind giving a link?

JabberwockySupafly
2008-02-11, 07:50 AM
An immortal who has lived for a thousand years but has no memory of them. (?)

I remember playing this game around 10 years ago when it originally came out, although back then it was called Planescape: Torment.

Drascin
2008-02-11, 08:01 AM
I remember playing this game around 10 years ago when it originally came out, although back then it was called Planescape: Torment.

Hey, if it's as good as Torment, then it would certainly be something to look forward to :smalltongue:

JabberwockySupafly
2008-02-11, 08:40 AM
Hey, if it's as good as Torment, then it would certainly be something to look forward to :smalltongue:

Blasphemy!

Okay, serious time. A friend of mine picked up a copy recently, and he's a diehard jRPG fan. and I mean name a jRPG, and he will probably gush about it. He didn't like this game too much, which shocked me. As for "Final Fantasy style gameplay" a lot of reviewers are saying the opposite. It's plays nothing like the traditional FF games is what a lot of them say. If that's good or bad, it's your opinion. I may pick up a copy once I get the cash saved for a 360, because by then it will be firmly cemented on whether or not this game was a success. I really hope it is, because Mistwalker needs a good game in order to get their morale, and their clout, up after Blue Dragon.

Tom_Violence
2008-02-11, 10:39 AM
I'm intrigued, I'll admit, but I don't have a 360 (and since that platform is just looking more and more brain-dead by the minute I'm unsure if I'll ever get one) so its not really much of an option for me. I'm guessing its an 'exclusive', right? Oh well.

Tsk tsk. :smallsigh: Its like my mother always said, 'if you can't say something nice, at least make it amusing.' So, a little less from you, perhaps?