PDA

View Full Version : My Most Extensive World Please Read It!!!!!!

Deathtouched
2008-02-09, 07:43 PM
EDIT: The D&D reconstruction of my world begins farther down, this is not the D&D version![B]
Okay, so I just registered on the forums today. This is my first post... on any site. Anyways, I started gaming when I was 5 or 4? with my dad.:smallsmile: He had played D&D but liked T&T better, so thats what i grew accustomed to. I loved it, the adventure, the magic, the radioactive chickens and giant blobs of raspberry jelly(The Labyrinth of Kroog had some odd creatures).:smalltongue: I played further with my father, eventually coming to a part where my female wizard was separated from her brother and locked in a glass jar, while the warrior brother and cleric friend were lost in a maze of sickly dog-people under the sewers, searching for a group of rouges and murderers (and a nasty mage), near a hall of screaming blood, oh and did i mention that theres a man-eating toad talking to the wizard? Anyways, I made some of my own stuff since I was 7, about, starting with a long-lost race of mushroom people having to rescue their king from a mutated mage. I did a second Mush campaign after that and then one where flying monkeys were summoning a vortex to destroy the country, and the only hope was a team of adventurers (my dad's players). I played as a gremlin alongside my sister who was a goblin in another game. I played a couple of short games with a friend once too, me gming. And I worked to create my own unique game, free of all other types of D&D/T&T creatures. I used stuff from both games and Chivalry and Sorcery. I also used stuff from books I read (not D&D), Magic the Gathering card game, and my oversized imagination. I called the world "Zacterith" (i have a penchant for obscure names). Originally, I set up the world around my father's Baten character, who was cursed by an (forget name) toad mage. But then I had the character portalled to another island where goat-like men (artificers, miners, farmers, and clerics) were fighting raven-headed warlocks. I did a lot for this, but used things like the C&S cleric system, which really kinda.... sucks... But after that game i did another where all magics came from the gods, and that really really really sucked. So then i fast-forwarded Zacterith a few centuries (magical cataclysms, racial wars, huge dormant volcanoes erupting and forming a massive crater, deamons escaping, etc.) and started making it more advanced. I still used T&T mostly, but I used C&S spells, which are numerous, and more book ideas. I realize C&S is too complicated in the magic system, so I want to drop that. :smallannoyed: I stopped working awhile ago, cause i got bored with making a game no one would ever play (I don't know any other gamers). But this is some of what i got done, T&T/C&S version, but I'm converting it...:smallfrown: sorry for the life story thing....

(These are the classes after I began advancing it, some anyways) (Think of the three T&T classes as bases for mine +C&S):smalleek:
Classes of Zacterith

Warriors: +2 ST
(D&D fighter in my version, sorta, lots of feats):smallsmile:
Fighters: 2x armor protect, specialized weap. +5% CtH/ 1d6 dmg, repair item (2xLvl+15)% repair/(10-Lvl)% damages, natural talent (20+3/Lvl)%success + talent/2Lvl>1(Primitive Talents)
(This one is kinda special, I got the idea from combining the yagebushi from MTG Kamigawa Cycle (the book) and Templars from the Disciples game):smallbiggrin:
Templars: specialized weap. +5% CtH/ 1d6 dmg, +5%save vs. Ill/Comm +/2Lvls>1, +3 dmg protect vs Basic +/2Lvls>1, natural talents (30+3/Lvl)%success Deafen/Stun/Weaken/Blind/Blast received Lvl3/4/5/6/7(Command Spells)

Rogues: +2 DX
(This class would basically get the C&S stealing, lock picking, and mugging)(change to D&D works seamlessly- mugging would be sneak attack):smallsmile:
Burglars:
(This would be C&S stealth)(D&D hiding and move silently)
Shadowspies:

Mages: +2 IQ(Okay, this groups wired cause I tried to seperate C&S spells into 2 groups) (HARD):smallfrown:
(Okay basically just give these guys all elemental spells C&S) (D&D evocations, a little conjuration)
Elementalists:
(These guys used the illusion spells C&S)(change C&S illusions to D&D illusion/enchantment, perfect)
Mindbenders:

(These are from the god-magic version, but the gods themselves would work on their own) (categorized by race)
Gods of Zacterith

Tor-Niksha:
Farwath: D: portrayed as a grayish sphere of swirling energy; P: the spirit of the grave and protector of souls;
Visceron: D: portrayed as a gigantic, dark-winged aberration with huge, toothy jaws; P: the cold clamp of death, the taker of life;

Ashiko:
Ugali: D: portrayed as a pillar of shining water; P: the safety of the seas and savior of fishermen and sailors;
Zangle: D: portrayed as a dark whirlpool leading to unknown depths; P: the destroyer of ships, opposition against travel;

Trolisans:
Misaset: D: portrayed as a glowing, stout tree with an infinite amount of branches reaching into the heavens; P: the giver of life and spirit, the protector of all living things;

Baten:
Mechisek: D: portrayed as a faint, lightened presence floating through the air; P: the ringing sound of nature that infuses the world;
Darvilourx: D: a small, nearly barren hill with one little flower growing on top; P: the hope that comes with a great struggle, the chance of a better way;

Schemak:
Giivk: D: portrayed as a great, rocky mountain standing above a flat field; P: the strength of earth and embodiment of power;
Shoudani: D: portrayed as a humanoid form made entirely of thick reeds; P: the connection to nature in all beings;
Nagaonax: D: portrayed as an enormous, spiked sword swinging through a pile of bones; P: the destruction of battle and killer of enemies;

Gorgrets:
Pasee: D: portrayed as a small, shimmering crystal shooting out beams of light; P: the enlightenment of the world and life of all;
Cragel: D: portrayed as a rock-like beast with three long tendrils reaching above; P: the spirit that holds all into its rightful place;

Troggs:
Lutersin: D: portrayed as a floating blue eye; P: the one who knows all and sharer of knowledge;

Lyharen:
Bissamc: D: portrayed as a flaming humanoid releasing gouts of fire; P: the spirit of fiery destruction and death;
Dosheen: D: portrayed as a plume of smoke rising and circling; P: the warning that comes before destruction, messenger of fire;
Kaldopai: D: portrayed as a swirling rain of ash forming a humanoid face; P: that which comes after death, the cycle of death and rebirth;

Remon:
Flochak: D: portrayed as a mass of vines intertwining around a ball of light; P: the spirit that brings everything toward the light of life;

Pagenth:
Happal: D: portrayed as a lance of blood rising into the sky; P: the madness of war and bloodshed that lends others power;
Fargeth: D: portrayed as a nebula of eternity sucking up everything; P: that which will come for the lives of friend, foe, and unknown alike;

Urtangules:
Ovilata: D: portrayed as a wave of liquid force crashing onto land; P: the power of the ocean that can destroy all;
Nosot: D: portrayed as a gigantic tentacled monster breathing a cloud of noxious gas; P: the one who commands all and patron of poison;

Boleese:
Yeleseo: D: portrayed as a great crack splitting the world apart; P: the embodiment of the end of all things;

(These are the 12 races, all of which I gave towns and racial histories, but never used some) (think of the Ability adjustments as -2 =2 whatever, no WIS cause T&T doesn't use it, but could modify that for LK)
Races of Zacterith

Tor-Niksha(ex: change ST 1/2 to ST-4 or -2, get it??? so sorry):smalleek:
D: Toad-like humanoids, sharp teeth, small spiky wings
AM: ST 1/2, CN 1/2, CH 1/2, IQ 3/2, Ht 1/3, Wt 1/3
AB: Hover Flight – fly up to 6 ft high(special abilities added in advancement) (fly spell permanent)
FC: Mage
RG: Farwath, Visceron
FW: small spiked clubs, small daggers
EN: Gorgrets, Urtangules

Ashiko
D: Fish/toad humanoids, claws, scaly, gills
AM: ST 1/2, CN 3/4, CH 1/2, LK 3/2, Ht 1/3, Wt 1/3
AB: Water Breath – indefinite underwater breathing (Underwater Breath)
FC: Rogue
RG: Ugali, Zangle
FW: short spears, darts
EN: Trolisans

Trolisans
D: Long arms and legs, wild manes, prehensile tails, small tusks
AM: CN 5/4, DX 3/2, Ht 5/4, Wt 3/2
AB: Third Arm – tail can hold extra item in combat, weaps ½ dmg (sort of a third weapon slot in combat, but potions could be held for quick use)
RG: Misaset
FW: longbows, staves
EN: Ashiko, Troggs

Baten
D: Bat-like faces, large ears, thin fur coat
AM: IQ 5/4, CN 5/4, Ht 5/4, Wt 3/2
AB: Echo Vision – locate using high frequency sounds, 40% +3/lvl (think of Blindsight/Blindsense, but more batty)
RG: Mechisek, Darvilourx
FW: slings, staves
EN: Pagenth

Schemak
D: Grayish, rough skin, large hands and feet
AM: ST 2, CN 2, CH 3/2, Ht 3/2, Wt 2
AB: Tough Skin – skin gives +4 to armor, piercing weaps do ½ dmg (basically just AC boost, mage armor sorta)
FC: Warrior
FG: Giivk, Shoudani, Nagaonax
FW: broadswords, long javelins
EN: Gorgrets

Gorgrets
D: Mole-like humanoids, light fur, large flat noses
AM: ST 3/2, CN 2, Ht 2/3
AB: Mineral Smell – can sniff out metals and jewels, 40% +3/lvl (this was a kind of C&S detect spell, divination like find traps)
RG: Pasee, Cragel
FW: bludgeons, slings
EN: Tor-Niksha, Schemak

Troggs
D: Leathery skin, hairy, swirling eyes
AM: ST 3/4, CN 3/4, DX 3/2, CH 1/2, Ht 3/4, Wt 3/4
AB: Hypnotic Gaze – can put looking creature into trance for 1-3ct, 40% +3/lvl (Obviously enchantment, sleep spell?)
RG: Lutersin
FW: scimitars, katars
EN: Trolisans, Urtangules

Lyharen
D: Short legs, large eyes, horn stubs
AM: ST 5/4, IQ 3/2, Ht 2/3
AB: Blink Shift – can teleport up to 5 ft, 40% +3/lvl (Teleport)
RG: Bissmac, Dosheen, Kaldopai
FW: axes, morningstars
EN: Pagenth

Remon
D: Hawk- headed, feathered, claws
AM: IQ 3/2, CH 2
AB: Future Sight – see future event [G 1-25, N 26-75, B 76-100], 40% (this was from C&S mage: diviner, think of premonition maybe, but not same bonus)+3/lvl
RG: Flochak
FW: short bows, dirks
EN: Boleese

Pagenth
D: Crow-headed, feathered, long talons
AM: ST 5/4, CN 3/2, LK 5/4
AB: Blood Call – can deal 2d6 dmg to target, 40% +3/lvl (this was a shot of imagination, Pagenth were the darker ones, so this might be a little off, minor negative energy ray?
FG: Happal, Fargeth
FW: pikes, small crossbows
EN: Baten, Lyharens

Urtangules
D: Crooked noses, head tentacles, long claws
AM: LK 3/4, CN 5/4, DX 3/2, CH 3
AB: Poison Whip – can hit target with tentacles to poison 1-2 dmg/ct (poison spell sorta, but T&T uses dmg poison, change 1-2 dmg to 1-2 dex/str/con)
RG: Ovilata, Nosot
FW: sabers, saxes
EN: Tor-Niksha, Troggs

Boleese
D: Curved horns, long legs, fangs
AM: IQ 3/2, LK 1/2, CH 3/2, Wt 1/2
AB: Dark Cloud – can created smog of darkness in 8 by 8 ft area, 40% +3/lvl(Darkness)
RG: Yeleseo
FW: maces, spears
EN: Remon

(The following creatures were mostly never used, all are my own ideas cause i tired not to use the Monster-Monster creatures for my game) (Most creatures created for future, few were developed):smallfrown:
Monsters of Zacterith
(Just change things like 1/4 dmg from piercing to -5/piercing i guess) (MR can be switched to HD, or challenge rating maybe? ex: 75=7)(use imagination for powers, change spell-like ability powers from C&S to closest D&D spell ex:create and detach water= Ice dagger together)(dmging things like bloodsuck could be changed to ability damage):smallbiggrin:
Serpencia: MR: 75; CtH: 40%; D: large, fanged serpent with huge iridescent wings; P: breathes fire up to 20 ft, 3d6 dmg;
Hagfin: MR: 35; CtH: 50%; D: long-tailed fish-creature with humanoid face, twisted fin “arms”, and long, tangled, and hair-like gills; P: cast Create and Detach Water, 5/day;
Gibbler: MR: 6; CtH: 35%; D: large-headed monkey-creature with pointy fangs and suction fingers; P: shoot hardening “glue” up to 10 ft, lasts 1-3 ct;
Arakanoid: MR: 20; CtH: 55%; D: four-armed/four-legged hairy creature that stands up on legs and has 5 spider-like eyes; P: cast all Ill. lvls 1-2, 8/day;
Tentacullis: MR: 60; CtH: 65%; D: huge plant-like monster with 4-10 tentacles and a gaping mouth in center; P: cut tentacles regenerate 2x, 25% chance of cutting;
Wriglis: MR: 12; CtH: 25%; D: large, mildly-plated worm with one small eye at front; P: can burrow through ground at 2x speed of running;
Darfire: MR: 15; CtH: 30%; D: fox-like creature with flaming tail; P: cast Create and Detach Fire, 2/day;
Oculo: MR 22; CtH: 65%; D: floating, tentacled eyeball with glowing iris; P: cast Sleep, Clumsiness, and Muscle Spasm, 6/day;
Wispix: MR: 5; CtH: 20%; D: a small, flying fuzz ball that gives off a faint glow; P: fur can cause sneezing reaction, 30% chance of sneezing fit for 1 ct;
Fetheskink: MR: 46; CtH: 35%; D: tall, bird-like creature covered in a mix of scales and feathers, with a toothy beak; P: can shoot noxious gas from its tail end, 65% chance of unconsciousness for 1-3 turns;
Iceefir: MR: 40; CtH: 45%; D: large, shaggy beast that carries an aura of cold; P: Create, Detach, and Affix Ice, 10/day;
Mezele: MR: 16; CtH: 25%; D: reanimated skeletal warrior held together by magic; P: pointed weaps do Ό dmg, immune to Commands;
Grogxek: MR: 40; CtH 35%; D: corpse-eating undead monster that cannot stand to be in sunlight; P: 20% chance of victims becoming Gorgxeks;
Darwesut: MR: 85; CtH: 45%; D: dark, flattened behemoth, with two clawed arms; P: fills enemies with Terror, ½ dmg from all weaps;
Ohtleg: MR: 30; CtH: 40%; D: reanimated corpse warrior; P: fills enemies with Fear, immune to Commands;
Ridast: MR: 25; CtH: 65%; D: tall creature with three thin stick-legs, a long snout, and two curved horns; P: can suck blood on hit, 1d4 dmg/life;
Zotawa: MR: 67; CtH: 35%; D: large, spiked fish-creature with a brightly glowing head-stalk; P: cast Blind, 5/day;
Klaxer: MR: 10; CtH: 35%; D: crab-like creature with a hard, rocky shell; P: cast Create and Detach Sand, 2/day;
Fetris: MR: 30; CtH: 55%; D: fast-moving beast with three tails and long front claws; P: can cause disease on hit, 25% 1-3 dmg/t;
Gigauntor: MR: 140; CtH: 70%; D: enormous three-headed monster with a long mace-like tail; P: breathes out a flammable acid from all mouths, 6d6 dmg;
Brigler: MR: 100+1-100; CtH: 55%; D: huge undead warrior with over-sized feet and hands; P: Ό dmg from all weaps, immune to Commands/Illusions;
Ssathagas: MR: 23; CtH: 40%; D: two-headed, over-sized bird with high plumage; P: breathes petrification gas, 60%/10% stunned/petrified;
Achako: MR: 12; CtH: 25%; D: humanoid manifestation of brambles; P: blend into background, 40% chance;
Duchako: MR: 25; CtH: 35%; D: humanoid manifestation of mud and sludge; P: can melt into mud-puddle;
Soolez: MR: 24; CtH: 45%; D: guardian spirit warrior with magical aura; P: immune to all weaps, cast Commands/Illusions 1-3, 10/day;
Fasazyt: MR: 55; CtH: 55%; D: spike-covered lizard with twisting body; P: can shoot spikes 1-5, 1-3 dmg/; (wanted to give example here: sort of like Manticore spikes)
(PS: some of the creatures are odd because i was working on a magic system using material parts from creatures for casting):smallwink:

Well, that's about all I can post on this now. I know it was a kinda long post for my first, but this is what i worked on for like 3 years maybe when i was 12-14 maybe. ther's much more, but I won't post that stuff. I was working on a new concept using ideas from Perdido Station and Ravnica for a more tech-advanced world. Mages would be alchemists and artificers mostly, warriors would have more knowledge skills, rouges for dimantling stuff, etc. I've always wanted to played a real game with humans outside my family, and not just on NWN D&D. That's why it is important to me that you comment on this so that i can feel better about doing this work (and alot more). I can post the backstories cause they are handwritten, but their is a lot more to this world, especially after the 3 or so century jump. One example would bethe warring atolls of two enemy races being consumedin a mystical explosion and formingan island with a dark citadel of mutant-mold deamons. But this is all for now. I also write stories on this kind of stuff at home. So, once again, I love gaming:smallbiggrin: but i never get to play D&D or anything at all anymore:smallfrown: so please please please PLEASE COMMENT!!!!!!!:smalleek:
Thank you for your possible time/attantion.:smallsmile:
....I should have named myself goblin-lover....:smallyuk:
Once again.... PLEASE PLEASE COMMENT!!!!![B]

brian c
2008-02-09, 08:21 PM
First, welcome to the GITP forums.

Second, if you want people to be able to read your posts and give helpful comments, you might want to format your post a bit; for example, more spacing all around, bold/underline important things. You might want to take a look at the Guide to Homebrewing (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10313) and the more general forum rules and guidelines (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/announcement.php?a=1) also (not that you're doing anything wrong, it's just always a good idea to be familiar with the rules just in case).

I'm afraid I can't really say much other than that; I'm not familiar with the system you're working in (and also the aforementioned formatting issues). It looks like you've put a lot of work into it though, so I hope someone else who understands can come along and comment accordingly.

GoC
2008-02-09, 08:28 PM
*mind collapses*
I'm afraid I can barely read your post but it may be because I've never heard of T&T let alone played it.

Deathtouched
2008-02-09, 10:40 PM
:smallfrown: Well, I can't say I'm surprised since T&T's so different than D&D. I wanted to convert more of it to D&D, but I don't have any rulebooks so I don't know all of the rules. I'm going to try to convert at least the classes completely to D&D, but I'll be working with a limited selection, not counting the Arcane book I have.
(PS: T&T:Tunnels and Trolls is a "poor-man's" version of D&D. It requires no miniatures, additional character types, or extra rules. All you need is dice and paper. Although the fact that there are less rules for in-game means that its usually a quicker play than D&D, it does have a tendency to be a bit vague. It's basically a version of D&D where there are rules for only a few basic actions and the rest is made up.)
And I really have to change Templars to something else, cause that name implies the clergy and they have nothing to do with the gods.:smallannoyed:
EDIT: Oh, also, Chivalry and Sorcery, while having a lot of great ideas for a feudal campaign world, is just too complicated, so I'll try to remove that junk too.

Deathtouched
2008-02-10, 12:19 AM
Okay, here goes...

Classes
Fighter -
The common warriors of Zacterith are known simply as fighters. While the fighters lack combat magic and special skills, they make up for it by having a good selection of battle feats they can learn in time. Fighter's train to learn many useful skills, often becoming very versatile. They are often found leading groups of others.
HD10
BAB +1 per level, 2nd attack at lvl 6, 3rd attack at lvl 11, 4th attack at lvl 16
Usual feats - proficiency light armor, proficiency medium armor, proficiency heavy armor, proficiency simple weapons, proficiency martial weapons
Special Fighter Feats
Enhanced Protection - at level 1, the fighter's knowledge of defensive skills allows him to use armor more efficiently. Armor the fighter wears gives him +1 more to AC. Every 5 levels afterwards, this bonus is increased by +1, to +5 at level 20.
Specialized Weapon - at level 2, the fighter chooses to master one weapon. While using his chosen weapon, the fighter gets +1 to his Attack Bonus and +2 to damage, as per the Weapon Focus and Weapon Specialization feats. The bonuses are both increased by +1 at levels 8, 14, and 20, to +3 Attack Bonus and +5 damage at lvl 20.
Repair Item - at level 4, the fighter begins to learn how to repair damaged equipment. The fighter can repair 4 points of damage to any item, as per the Repair Minor Damage spell. This ability is usable 3 times per day. Additional repair skills replace the previous ability.
Powerful Strike - at level 7, the fighter learns to use offense more efficiently. On a successful hit, the target creature must make a Discipline saving roll with a DC of 10+ the fighter's level+ his STR factor or be knocked down for one round.
Repair Item 2 - at level 8, the fighter's repairing skill increases. He can repair 1d8 +1/lvl points of damage to any item, as per the Repair Light Damage spell. This ability is usable 3 times per day.
Whirling Weapon - at level 8, the fighter learns to swing his weapon to hit groups of foes. The fighter gets an attack at -5 Attack Bonus to all foes within 5 feet. Using the ability uses all other attacks and actions for the round. Foes hit by the Whirling Weapon are not subject to the Powerful Strike.
Repair Item 3 - at level 12, the fighter's repairing skill increases. He can repair 2d8 +1/lvl of damage to any item, as per the Repair Moderate Damage spell. This ability is usable 3 times per day.
Improved Whirling Weapon - at level 14, the fighter's offensive abilities while swinging his weapon grow. Creatures hit by the Improved Whirling Weapon are subject to the effects of the Powerful Strike only.
Masterful Strike - at level 16, the fighter's striking ability improves further. Whenever a target fails the Discipline roll against Powerful Strike, the fighter automatically scores a critical hit.
Whirling Death - at level 20, the fighter combines his offensive skills to destroy many foes at once. Creatures hit by Whirling Death are subject to the effects of the Powerful Strike and Masterful Strike.

Okay so that's the first class down, god that took forever...
Tell me what I should change on it, I'm sure it needs work.

brian c
2008-02-10, 01:09 AM
General comment: use more spacing, it makes things easier to read.

BAB +1 per level, 2nd attack at lvl 6, 3rd attack at lvl 11, 4th attack at lvl 16

You could say "BAB: good" or, if you make a table (look in the guide to homebrewing thread for copy-paste code) list them all. By the game rules, you always get an extra attack at +6, +11, and +16, so it's nice to mention that but you don't have to.

Usual feats - proficiency light armor, proficiency medium armor, proficiency heavy armor, proficiency simple weapons, proficiency martial weapons

Are these automatic feats, or just common choices? I would assume the former, but it's not clear. Generally this would get listed as

Proficiencies: Fighters are proficient with all armors, and with all simple and martial weapons.

By the way, are they proficient with shields? That's generally included with armor, but you don't specify.

Special Fighter Feats

This would traditionally be labeled Abilities.

Repair Item - at level 4, the fighter begins to learn how to repair damaged equipment. The fighter can repair 4 points of damage to any item, as per the Repair Minor Damage spell. This ability is usable 3 times per day. Additional repair skills replace the previous ability.

In standard D&D, there aren't really any rules for objects/items being damaged and repaired, although I'm familiar with the concept from other systems and games. Unless you want to add item repair to D&D rules, maybe change this to a bonus on Craft?

Powerful Strike - at level 7, the fighter learns to use offense more efficiently. On a successful hit, the target creature must make a Discipline saving roll with a DC of 10+ the fighter's level+ his STR factor or be knocked down for one round.

You mentioned NVN in your first post I think; Discipline is a skill in that game, but it's actually not present in pen-and-paper D&D. This should either be a fortitude save, or a trip check, or function as the Knockdown feat. Also, if this happens with every successful attack from the fighter, it's a bit too strong. For example, a 7th level fighter (who just got this ability) forces his opponent to make a save at DC 17 minimum, probably at least 20. Abilities with a save based on class level usually use 1/2 level if it's a full 20-level class, so that would make it a bit more palatable but it still needs to be limited instead of every single attack.

Whirling Weapon - at level 8, the fighter learns to swing his weapon to hit groups of foes. The fighter gets an attack at -5 Attack Bonus to all foes within 5 feet. Using the ability uses all other attacks and actions for the round. Foes hit by the Whirling Weapon are not subject to the Powerful Strike.

Just a nitpick: as written, a fighter with a reach weapon doesn't get the reach benefit when using this. It should say "a single attack at his highest BAB -5, against all opponents in melee range", which coincidentally is very similar to Whirlwind Attack (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/feats.htm#whirlwindAttack), so you could even just say

"The fighter gets Whirlwind Attack as a bonus feat, regardless of whether or not he meets the prerequisites"

Improved Whirling Weapon - at level 14, the fighter's offensive abilities while swinging his weapon grow. Creatures hit by the Improved Whirling Weapon are subject to the effects of the Powerful Strike only.

Like I said, Powerful Strike is too strong if you let it work all the time. Assuming you limit its usage, then this should say that the fighter is able to use the two abilities on the same strike.

Masterful Strike - at level 16, the fighter's striking ability improves further. Whenever a target fails the Discipline roll against Powerful Strike, the fighter automatically scores a critical hit.

Again, the underlying mechanic needs to be changed but the "free crit" ability is okay; I would change it to "threatens a critical" though, so that you still have to confirm, otherwise for something like a vorpal weapon it could be ridiculous.

Whirling Death - at level 20, the fighter combines his offensive skills to destroy many foes at once. Creatures hit by Whirling Death are subject to the effects of the Powerful Strike and Masterful Strike.

A bit much.
This says that a fighter can basically get a free crit and knockdown against everyone within range.

Okay so that's the first class down, god that took forever...
Tell me what I should change on it, I'm sure it needs work.

Well, comments were made. In general though, it seems like a weak class because of the melee focus; since you're new here you may not be aware of this yet, but despite what you may have experienced, melee builds are generally the weakest. I know I said a lot of things are too strong, but that has to be taken in context; I mean that the class is a bit too good at certain melee-type things, but in general it's going to be lacking. Better to spread the wealth and give some non-fighting abilities.

Deathtouched
2008-02-10, 09:29 AM
Alright, that's exactly the kind of comments I was looking for! :smallbiggrin:
I know about the D&D not using Discipline thing, but I wasn't sure if I could just give it a fort save, although that was what I originally did. The only problem I had was that I didn't want it to be just like Knockdown, but I guess I should just change it. Knockdown is a usable feat, right?
I knew Whirling Weapon was similar to Whirlwind Attack, but I wasn't sure on the mechanics for that. Whirlwind Attack using highest BAB is perfect, so I don't need the -5 at all.
And I guessed about the repair thing problem. Sigh. The problem is that I didn't know if I should put some other kinds of skills in because the fighter is meant to be base and would anyone really want the ability to find the direction of any town they've been to? And does a skill like that even make sense?:smallconfused:
Masterful Strike, I meant it to be "threatens a critical", but I wasn't sure if that was okay, cause I know that's way too much!
Again on Whirling Death, I actually thought this class was too weak! I know melee builds tend to be a lot weaker, which is why I put this in. Why would it be too much if a fighter could get a possible knockdown and a possible crit against all creatures within 5 feet??? I would hope this would balance the fact that melee builds like D&D fighters are weaker. And can't you use knockdown on every attack anyways? or is that only by the game mechanics I know?
Oh, and also, the BAB thing, once again, I have no rulebooks so I had to use the NWN rulebook, but I was talking about LEVEL when I said the times they get a new attack, not their BAB. And level for new attacks is different for different classes, isn't it?
Basically, I know melee builds are weak, but aren't they still good for some things? I always liked casters the best, but when a wizard runs out of spells, he's useless, wasn't that the point of melee builds? I don't know, but I really can't improve this class until I know what skills would be appropriate, and I don't want to just give plain old feats. In any case, my fighters were basically the most bland warriors you could think of, but they got extra feats that made them more useful, even outside combat.:smallfrown:

Deathtouched
2008-02-10, 11:29 AM
Okay, so I can't improve fighter's without more info, but I CAN improve my "Templars", who really need a new name. This is me converting it to D&D...:smallsmile:

Mage-Slayers(I'm not sure if it's good that it's a feat name too...):smallconfused:

The elitist warriors of Zacterith are trained in special semi-magical arts. They are known as Mage-Slayers because they are adept at destroying both magic users and magical creatures. Mage-Slayers have a lot of defensive capabilities, and also a selection of battle magic they can use. They are often found either hunting rogue mages or defending important artifacts.

HD10
BAB: good
Proficiencies: light armor, medium armor, heavy armor, simple weapons, martial weapons, shields

Mage-Slayer Abilities

Trained Mind - at level 1, the Mage-Slayer's mind has been trained against magical influence. He gets +3 on will saves vs. illusions and enchantments. The bonus is increased by +1 at level 4, 8, 12, 16, and 20, to +8 at lvl 20.

Energy Protection - at level 1, the Mage-Slayer has learned to use a small bit of battle magic to protect himself against most magical attacks. He has resistance 3 against all of the four types of magical energy (not force). The resistance is increased by +1 at level 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, and 20, to 10 against all energy at lvl 20.

Battle Magic: Deafen at level 4, the Mage-Slayer learns to use battle magic to deafen his enemies. The Mage-Slayer can completely deafen any creature within 50 feet that fails a fortitude roll of DC 10 + 1/2 the Mage-Slayer's level + his WIS modifier. Duration is 5 rounds. This ability is usable 1/day +1 for every 4 levels of Mage-Slayer past level 4.

Magic Resistant - at level 5, the Mage-Slayer has learned how to resist magic. The Mage-Slayer has +5 SR. SR is increased by 5 at level 10, 15, and 20, to 20 SR at lvl 20.

Battle Magic: Stun - at level 7, the Mage-Slayer learns to use battle magic to paralyze his enemies. The Mage-Slayer can stun any creature within 50 feet that fails a fortitude roll of DC 10 + 1/2 Mage-Slayer's level + his WIS modifier. Duration is 5 rounds. This ability is usable 1/day +1 for every 4 levels of Mage-Slayer past 7.

Truest Sight - at level 10, the Mage-Slayer learns to see through magical concealment. He may ignore the miss chance given by spells or spell-like abilities on his target.

Battle Magic: Weaken at level 11, the Mage-Slayer learns to use battle magic to weaken his enemies. He can deal 2 STR damage to any creature within 50 feet that fails a fortitude roll of DC 10 + 1/2 Mage-Slayer's level + his WIS modifier. Creatures hit by the weaken spell take 2 STR damage every round until they are able to make the fortitude roll. Duration is 5 rounds. This ability is usable 1/day +1 for every 4 levels past level 11.

Battle Magic: Blind - at level 14, the Mage-Slayer learns how to use battle magic to blind his enemies. He can blind any creature within 50 feet that fails a fortitude roll of DC 10 + 1/2 Mage-Slayer's level + his WIS modifier. Duration is 5 rounds. This ability is usable 1/day +1 for every 4 levels of Mage-Slayer past level 14.

Dispelling Strike - at level 15, the Mage-Slayer's attacks become anti-magical. A Mage-Slayer's attacks ignore magical AC bonuses and on a successful hit the most powerful spell effect on the target is dispelled.

Battle Magic: Blast - at level 18, the Mage-Slayer learns to use battle magic to form a powerful attack. The Mage-Slayer can hit any creature within 50 feet with a bolt of lightning that does 10d6 electrical damage. The creature hit by the blast must make a fortitude roll of DC 10 + Mage-Slayer's level + his WIS modifier or be knocked down and stunned for 1d6 rounds. This ability is usable 1/day.
:smalleek:
Okay that's all for now. Is this enough abilities, or should i add something for level 20? Do you think that the Mage-Slayer should need some amount of WIS to cast each spell? I lessened all of the durations by a lot, should they not be only 5 rounds? Should the spells be able to affect more then one target depending on the level of the Mage-Slayer? As for the defensive stuff, is the elemental protection too weak or too strong? Is the SR stuff needed (because that was added just now, never used it for Mage-Slayer before)? Should the will bonus be higher or lower? Is this class balanced? Is this class too strong or too weak? Should I change something about the Dispelling Strike or Truest Sight? These are the kinds of questions I would like answered. I've worked on this class for a while, but things like durations and balances are hard to figure when I don't play the class. Thank you:smallbiggrin:

brian c
2008-02-10, 12:07 PM
I know about the D&D not using Discipline thing, but I wasn't sure if I could just give it a fort save, although that was what I originally did. The only problem I had was that I didn't want it to be just like Knockdown, but I guess I should just change it. Knockdown is a usable feat, right?

Knockdown (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Knock-Down) looks like this; it requires Improved Trip and you only get the trip attack if you do 10+ points of damage (which at higher levels is all the time, but at lower levels not so much; and at higher levels you fight more things that are much harder to trip).

Masterful Strike, I meant it to be "threatens a critical", but I wasn't sure if that was okay, cause I know that's way too much!

If you make it threatening a critical (which means you still have to roll a hit to confirm) then I think that's fine.

Again on Whirling Death, I actually thought this class was too weak! I know melee builds tend to be a lot weaker, which is why I put this in. Why would it be too much if a fighter could get a possible knockdown and a possible crit against all creatures within 5 feet??? I would hope this would balance the fact that melee builds like D&D fighters are weaker.

The thing is, your fighter is a guy who is pretty damn good at fighting, and can't do anything else. Also, I could use the PHB fighter and with the right feat selection I'll be able to get almost all of the same abilities as your fighter, plus some other things. Does your fighter get bonus feats or something else that you haven't explicitly mentioned? The distribution of class abilities is one reason to make a table; the other is what I'll address in a second.

Oh, and also, the BAB thing, once again, I have no rulebooks so I had to use the NWN rulebook, but I was talking about LEVEL when I said the times they get a new attack, not their BAB. And level for new attacks is different for different classes, isn't it?

Technically, you're right; a PHB Fighter gets his second attack at level 6, while a Wizard gets his at level 12. However, the real reason for the second attack is that those are the levels when BAB reaches +6 for each of those classes. This is the second reason why it's nice to have a table. Instead of trying to say in words how much BAB he gets, just type it up and it'l be easier to understand. Also, you need save progressions for Fort, Ref and Will.

I'm going to point you to the Guide to Homebrewing (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10313) thread again for this. In the first post (it's really long) scroll down until you get to Classes. That'll give you code that you can copy-paste and put your own info on to make a table. It also explains the BAB progressions (good, average and poor) and the save progressions (good and poor). I asume your fighter will have a Good Fortitude save; it's up to you whether he should have another Good save or both Poor (generally, you can't have all 3 good saves unless you're a monk, which doesn't make up for being a monk in the first place).

I'll give your next class a look sometime, but it may not be today.

Deathtouched
2008-02-10, 02:20 PM
Okay so thanks for telling me about the Knockdown and other stuff. I thought the mechanics were totally different. I'm gonna try to figure out better feats for the fighter, because you're right when you're saying he's unbalanced. I hope you get a chance to look at my other class, but thanks again for helping me with this one. :smallsmile:

brian c
2008-02-10, 03:18 PM
Mage-Slayers(I'm not sure if it's good that it's a feat name too...):smallconfused:

Heh, yeah, that could be confusing. Maybe call them Zacterith Slayers or something?

HD10
BAB: good
Proficiencies: light armor, medium armor, heavy armor, simple weapons, martial weapons, shields

Alright... what about skills? How many skill points per level, and which are class skills? I'd guess probably 4+Int, and make the standard athletic skills, plus Spellcraft and Knowledge(Arcana) to show that they know about magic.

Also, what are the save progressions? Probably good Fort and maybe Will?

Trained Mind - at level 1, the Mage-Slayer's mind has been trained against magical influence. He gets +3 on will saves vs. illusions and enchantments. The bonus is increased by +1 at level 4, 8, 12, 16, and 20, to +8 at lvl 20.

The ability is fine, but the standard "formula" for abilities like that are more like +2, then another +2 every X levels (so +2, then more at say 6th, 11th, 16th levels?)

Energy Protection - at level 1, the Mage-Slayer has learned to use a small bit of battle magic to protect himself against most magical attacks. He has resistance 3 against all of the four types of magical energy (not force). The resistance is increased by +1 at level 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, and 20, to 10 against all energy at lvl 20.

Okay, but that's a lot of bookkeeping to remember what your resistance is. What about just saying resistance to (fire, cold, electricity, acid) equal to 1/2 his class levels?

Battle Magic: Deafen at level 4, the Mage-Slayer learns to use battle magic to deafen his enemies. The Mage-Slayer can completely deafen any creature within 50 feet that fails a fortitude roll of DC 10 + 1/2 the Mage-Slayer's level + his WIS modifier. Duration is 5 rounds. This ability is usable 1/day +1 for every 4 levels of Mage-Slayer past level 4.

How does he use the ability? Is it a standard action, full-round action, or what? Does it affect all opponents within 50ft, or just one chosen one? If it's all, then does it affect allies also?

Magic Resistant - at level 5, the Mage-Slayer has learned how to resist magic. The Mage-Slayer has +5 SR. SR is increased by 5 at level 10, 15, and 20, to 20 SR at lvl 20.

This is fine, and it really helps him fight mages more than any other fighter could. Does this stack with SR from other sources?

Battle Magic: Stun - at level 7, the Mage-Slayer learns to use battle magic to paralyze his enemies. The Mage-Slayer can stun any creature within 50 feet that fails a fortitude roll of DC 10 + 1/2 Mage-Slayer's level + his WIS modifier. Duration is 5 rounds. This ability is usable 1/day +1 for every 4 levels of Mage-Slayer past 7.

Duration of 5 rounds is a long time to be paralyzed. 1d4 rounds would be better. Same as Deafen, what kind of action is this, how many creatures can it affect, etc. Should note that this ability cannot be used against creatures that are immune to critical hits.

Truest Sight - at level 10, the Mage-Slayer learns to see through magical concealment. He may ignore the miss chance given by spells or spell-like abilities on his target.

Hm... alright. The only thing is that abilites like this, in the form "you ignore XX ability" can be overpowered sometimes, and annoying other times. Might be better to let him re-roll the miss chance (as in, if he rolls that he misses then he gets another chance, and if the re-roll hits then he uses it).

Battle Magic: Weaken at level 11, the Mage-Slayer learns to use battle magic to weaken his enemies. He can deal 2 STR damage to any creature within 50 feet that fails a fortitude roll of DC 10 + 1/2 Mage-Slayer's level + his WIS modifier. Creatures hit by the weaken spell take 2 STR damage every round until they are able to make the fortitude roll. Duration is 5 rounds. This ability is usable 1/day +1 for every 4 levels past level 11.

Again, duration is probably better off as a variable (1d4 or so). When you say duration though, is that how long they take STR damage or is that how long it lasts? Same issues as other Battle Magic (action, targets, etc). Also, be aware that there's a difference between STR damage and STR penalty. This seems like it would be better suited as a penalty.

Battle Magic: Blind - at level 14, the Mage-Slayer learns how to use battle magic to blind his enemies. He can blind any creature within 50 feet that fails a fortitude roll of DC 10 + 1/2 Mage-Slayer's level + his WIS modifier. Duration is 5 rounds. This ability is usable 1/day +1 for every 4 levels of Mage-Slayer past level 14.

No specific comments about this, just didn't want you to think I missed it. It's fine as-is. :smallsmile: (well, once you address the same things as the other Battle Magics)

Dispelling Strike - at level 15, the Mage-Slayer's attacks become anti-magical. A Mage-Slayer's attacks ignore magical AC bonuses and on a successful hit the most powerful spell effect on the target is dispelled.

Alright, there are issues with this.

1) This should be limited in use

2) Dispels require a caster level check; in this case, it should have some kind of check.

My recommendations:

a) Keep it as is (affecting the highest spell, and auto-dispel) but it's only usable once per day (or once per encounter).

OR

b) Unlimited usage, take a full-round action to make one attack. On a successful hit, there is an effect as if Dispel Magic (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/dispelMagic.htm) were cast. Roll the caster level check using your class level.

Battle Magic: Blast - at level 18, the Mage-Slayer learns to use battle magic to form a powerful attack. The Mage-Slayer can hit any creature within 50 feet with a bolt of lightning that does 10d6 electrical damage. The creature hit by the blast must make a fortitude roll of DC 10 + Mage-Slayer's level + his WIS modifier or be knocked down and stunned for 1d6 rounds. This ability is usable 1/day.

Is there an attack roll required for this? The Fort save should be 1/2 level, otherwise it'll be a minimum of 30 or so, which is a bit high. Is there any way to change the damage type from electricity?

Okay that's all for now. Is this enough abilities, or should i add something for level 20?

You said a few things after this that I think I addressed already. The Battle Magic: Blast is a nice capstone ability, so don't stress about a level 20 ability. I think it's a pretty good class in terms of power level.

Deathtouched
2008-02-10, 05:17 PM
Fighter
{table=head]Level|Base Attack<br>Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+1|
+2|
+0|
+0|Class Ability

2nd|
+2|
+3|
+0|
+0|Class Ability

3rd|
+3|
+3|
+1|
+1|Class Ability

4th|
+4|
+4|
+1|
+1|Class Ability

5th|
+5|
+4|
+1|
+1|Class Ability

6th|
+6/+1|
+5|
+2|
+2|Class Ability

7th|
+7/+2|
+5|
+2|
+2|Class Ability

8th|
+8/+3|
+6|
+2|
+2|Class Ability

9th|
+9/+4|
+6|
+3|
+3|Class Ability

10th|
+10/+5|
+7|
+3|
+3|Class Ability

11th|
+11/+6/+1|
+7|
+3|
+3|Class Ability

12th|
+12/+7/+2|
+8|
+4|
+4|Class Ability

13th|
+13/+8/+3|
+8|
+4|
+4|Class Ability

14th|
+14/+9/+4|
+9|
+4|
+4|Class Ability

15th|
+15/+10/+5|
+9|
+5|
+5|Class Ability

16th|
+16/+11/+6/+1|
+10|
+5|
+5|Class Ability

17th|
+17/+12/+7/+2|
+10|
+5|
+5|Class Ability

18th|
+18/+13/+8/+3|
+11|
+6|
+6|Class Ability

19th|
+19/+14/+9/+4|
+11|
+6|
+6|Class Ability

20th|
+20/+15/+10/+5|
+12|
+6|
+6|Class Ability[/table]

Deathtouched
2008-02-10, 05:20 PM
Fighter

1st|
+1|
+2|
+0|
+0|Class Ability

2nd|
+2|
+3|
+0|
+0|Class Ability

3rd|
+3|
+3|
+1|
+1|Class Ability

4th|
+4|
+4|
+1|
+1|Class Ability

5th|
+5|
+4|
+1|
+1|Class Ability

6th|
+6/+1|
+5|
+2|
+2|Class Ability

7th|
+7/+2|
+5|
+2|
+2|Class Ability

8th|
+8/+3|
+6|
+2|
+2|Class Ability

9th|
+9/+4|
+6|
+3|
+3|Class Ability

10th|
+10/+5|
+7|
+3|
+3|Class Ability

11th|
+11/+6/+1|
+7|
+3|
+3|Class Ability

12th|
+12/+7/+2|
+8|
+4|
+4|Class Ability

13th|
+13/+8/+3|
+8|
+4|
+4|Class Ability

14th|
+14/+9/+4|
+9|
+4|
+4|Class Ability

15th|
+15/+10/+5|
+9|
+5|
+5|Class Ability

16th|
+16/+11/+6/+1|
+10|
+5|
+5|Class Ability

17th|
+17/+12/+7/+2|
+10|
+5|
+5|Class Ability

18th|
+18/+13/+8/+3|
+11|
+6|
+6|Class Ability

19th|
+19/+14/+9/+4|
+11|
+6|
+6|Class Ability

20th|
+20/+15/+10/+5|
+12|
+6|
+6|Class Ability[/table]

Okay, so I was off so I didn't get to see your comments on the Slayers until after this was done but not posted. Questions for both classes are if the bonuses to fort, will, and reflex can be different, cause I'm not sure.

I left the Abilities Blank since that is so undone right now, but this chart is almost the same as the one for Slayers too, not just Fighters.

EDIT: oops it posted twice for some reason, maybe I pressed something wrong while I was typing....

brian c
2008-02-10, 05:41 PM
Okay, so I was off so I didn't get to see your comments on the Slayers until after this was done but not posted. Questions for both classes are if the bonuses to fort, will, and reflex can be different, cause I'm not sure

They don't have to be exactly like they are now, but the progression for each save has to be either good (starts at +2, max of +12 at 20th level) or poor (start at +0, +6 at 20th level). Most classes have one good save, some have two, monks have three (only NPC classes have no good saves)

Deathtouched
2008-02-10, 05:56 PM
Okay, this reply is in relation to the Slayers (would that name work or is it too undescriptive?:smallconfused:). Anyways, I think that you're comments were really good cause you addressed something I didn't even notice. I didn't realize I was using no many numbers and seperate levels for single skills, I'll try not to do that. :smallsmile: The other thing is that I don't have skills, but that's because I don't know what all the skills are...:smallfrown:. I've never had a real rulebook, aside from my Complete Arcane (which is really an addition thing), so I don't know how far the skills have progressed. I only know some of the basic skills, unless I'm wrong about those too.
Spellcraft and Knowledge(arcana) are good suggestions, but Discipline's not a D&D skill and Concentration wouldn't be much use, or would it? so I don't know which skills to use. Again, I don't know many of the skills or their mechanics. I was thinking that maybe battle magic could be cast as if the Slayer had CC for no -4 to checks, if that exists.
In relation to spells, the battle magic is based off C&S stuff, so its odd in D&D. Thanks to NWN :smallmad: I thought that durations for spells should be really long. I get the shortening thing now. The problem is, would having the battle spells affect more than one creature make the class too powerful? I ask because they originally DID affect a number of targets, especially the Blast, but I changed it for this.
And, speaking of Blast, it originally affected all creatures within the line of the bolt. The damage was a lot higher before I changed it. Would raising the damage make it too powerful for a non-caster class? And should I change the damage to force for more versatility? I wasn't sure what to do for the save so I did the same as the others.
Battle Magic spells are all spell-like abilities i guess. In what I wrote before, they were meant to only affect one target creature each spell. Weaken was initial STR (penalty) then until they made the roll or the spell ended, the creature would take more STR loss per round. If it's set to a lower duration, would it be worth it for only making the opponent lose a little STR at most? Or should Weakened be downsized and replace another ability?
All of the spells were meant to be FULL-ROUND ACTIONS, otherwise they would be way too strong, forgot to write that part in :smalleek:
The Resistant SR DOES stack with other SR bonuses. Would this be too powerful? And does the SR overbalance against the Will bonuses and Energy resistance.
About Truest Sight, I know it's a little weird, but I based it on a feat that already exists. Pierce Magical Concealment. I meant for the ability to be unstoppable, as in nothing could really break his Sight. The miss chance reroll thing would be too much like Blindsight, so I didn't want to do it that way.
Dispelling Strike, I just didn't write all of the effect in. It is a full-round action and unlimited in use, but it uses all other attacks for the round, the point being to sacrifice damage for dispell. The dispell was supposed to be like Dispel Magic, but I wasn't clear on the mechanics. You're idea made sense.:smallsmile:
If you really think I shouldn't have a level 20 ability, I guess I won't. This is all I thought was neccessary, but it still feel like a naked class without some superpower at level 20. Oh well :smallsmile:
You're suggestions make a lot of sense, mostly because they would make the class easier to understand and I left important info out. I won't be starting on the Reflex (rogue-ish) classes, not until I can fix this stuff. So I'll change what you said for Slayers and get new feats for Fighters.

Again, how do changes for fort, will, reflex, work for different classes?:smallconfused:
Thank you!!!:smallbiggrin:
EDIT: You beat me again! :smallbiggrin: I didn't see what you wrote about saves until after I just posted this. Anyways, I've always thought of having 1 good and 2 poor, but 2 good or 3 good!? Really? That seems a lot...

brian c
2008-02-10, 06:49 PM
About saves: Rangers have good Fort and Ref (as one example), but most classes do only have one good progression. Monks (and I think some monk PrCs) are the only class with all Good.

About general rules: go to d20srd.org (http://www.d20srd.org/). It is your friend. It contains almost everything from the 3.5 core rulebooks (Players Handbook, Monster Manual, and Dungeon Master's Guide). You can see all the feats, all skills, all the base classes, spells, monsters, races, etc.

I was thinking that maybe battle magic could be cast as if the Slayer had CC for no -4 to checks, if that exists

I don't know what you mean... what does CC stand for? Combat casting? Unless something is an actual spell, then you don't take any sort of penalty for casting when someone is near you, so as written there wouldn't be any problem.

In relation to spells, the battle magic is based off C&S stuff, so its odd in D&D. Thanks to NWN I thought that durations for spells should be really long. I get the shortening thing now. The problem is, would having the battle spells affect more than one creature make the class too powerful? I ask because they originally DID affect a number of targets, especially the Blast, but I changed it for this.
And, speaking of Blast, it originally affected all creatures within the line of the bolt. The damage was a lot higher before I changed it. Would raising the damage make it too powerful for a non-caster class? And should I change the damage to force for more versatility? I wasn't sure what to do for the save so I did the same as the others.

I think the Battle Magics work best if they're vs one target. Generally a "spell-like ability" (abbreviated SLA) is something that imitates an existing spell; if you want these to be SLAs then they would need to mimic, for example, Blindness/Deafness, Hold Person, etc. Right now they would be classified as Supernatural abilities (Su) which I think works fine.

For Blast, the damage isn't a whole lot for lvl18+, but the stun/knockdown is powerful. Force damage is probably more appropriate though. If you change it to do more damage, then the knockdown/stun either needs to be removed, or shortened. The reason I didn't think that duration should be made 1d4 rounds is because right now that's the main effect of the ability.

SR is fine, and it's fine to let it stack, I was just asking because you didn't specify.

I didn't mean that you shouldn't have a lvl20 capstone ability, but it's not necessary. If you think of something good then add it in, but don't force it.

Deathtouched
2008-02-10, 08:07 PM
Oh thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!! :smallbiggrin: This rulebook site is exactly what I need!!!!:smallbiggrin: Now I can choose the right feats and skills which was the only problem I couldn't solve by thought! I'm going to start with Slayers, since they are more advanced so far and I can use what I learn then to help the Fighters. Again, THANK YOU!!!! And I think among other things I will be changing the names of the melee classes.:smallsmile:

Deathtouched
2008-02-11, 08:56 PM
Slayers

1st|
+1|
+2|
+0|
+2|Trained Mind +2, Energy Protection 2

2nd|
+2|
+3|
+0|
+3|-

3rd|
+3|
+3|
+1|
+3|-

4th|
+4|
+4|
+1|
+4|Battle Magic: Deafen, Energy Protection 4

5th|
+5|
+4|
+1|
+4|Magic Resistant 5

6th|
+6/+1|
+5|
+2|
+5|Trained Mind +4

7th|
+7/+1|
+5|
+2|
+5|Battle Magic: Stun

8th|
+8/+3|
+6|
+2|
+6|Energy Protection 6

9th|
+9/+4|
+6|
+3|
+6|-

10th|
+10/+5|
+7|
+3|
+7|Truest Sight, Magic Resistant 10

11th|
+11/+6/+1|
+7|
+3|
+7|Trained Mind +6, Battle Magic: Weaken

12th|
+12/+7/+2|
+8|
+4|
+8|Energy Protection 8

13th|
+13/+8/+3|
+8|
+4|
+8|-

14th|
+14/+9/+4|
+9|
+4|
+9|Battle Magic: Blind

15th|
+15/+10/+5|
+9|
+5|
+9|Dispelling Strike, Magic Resistant 15

16th|
+16/+11/+6/+1|
+10|
+5|
+10|Trained Mind +8 , Energy Protection 10

17th|
+17/+12/+7/+2|
+10|
+5|
+10|-

18th|
+18/+13/+8/+3|
+11|
+6|
+11|Battle Magic: Blast

19th|
+19/+14/+9/+4|
+11|
+6|
+11|-

20th|
+20/+15/+10/+5|
+12|
+6|
+12|Magic Resistant 20 [/table]

Okay so her's the table part for "Slayers". It may be missing somethings though. I think I should make a lvl 20 ability, but should the Energy Protection progress to 12 at lvl 20? And would another dispell-ish ability be good? Levels 2+3 looked kinda naked without any abilities too. RL is taking up my time, so this takes longer...:smallfrown:

Balkash
2008-02-11, 09:11 PM
Just saying, yes. If you dont put something nice at level 20, people will drop the class. Two dead levels at the end are just that, dead. Maybe you could up it, but to really keep interest, put something really handy in there. Otherwise, very well designed.

Deathtouched
2008-02-11, 09:17 PM
Yeah, thx, that lvl 20 thing is the only part I'm having problems with now. I can probably get the Ability descriptions and skills up tomorrow, but I still need that skill, huh...