PDA

View Full Version : Age of Worms Opinions and Where Can I Find It?

ErrantX
2008-02-09, 08:37 PM
I've recently become interested in running an Age of Worms campaign but I've unfortunately run into a couple of blockades:

One is that I don't know whether or not if it's plainly worth the effort to run it, and secondly, where can I find it? As Paizo doesn't have a collected work for it and $60 is a lot of money to buy pdfs, does anyone know of where I could find it? PM if you do! Thanks!

-X

Irreverent Fool
2008-02-09, 08:50 PM
It is worth the effort to run it. I haven't heard anyone who's run it either as a DM or PC have any complaints. Everyone seems to love it, which is saying something. You'll be shelling out a good deal of cash either way. You can try to find somewhere with back-issues of the magazines, but you'll likely end up paying as much if not more for it.

Any attempts to get it without paying or without someone physically giving you the magazines is going to be illegal.

Sixty bucks is less than you'd pay for a couple of campaign-setting books and not too much for a full campaign in my opinion. Pick up the first couple mags on pdf and start running it. If your group likes it and the cost is prohibitive, you can always ask them to pitch in for the campaign materials so you can keep going. If they don't like it, you at least have a couple of magazines with other useful material in it.

ErrantX
2008-02-09, 09:00 PM
I understand the illegality thing, I wasn't intending that. I was more asking if anyone knew where to find it + cheaper then $60. But c'est la vi.

Also, if anyone knew where I could find a brief breakdown of the adventure path to make sure if it's something I wanna subject players to.

-X

Innis Cabal
2008-02-09, 09:00 PM
Having played it myself....ya its worth it. Dropping a ceiling on the most ancient lich in the history of D&D is always worth it

Irreverent Fool
2008-02-09, 09:02 PM
I understand the illegality thing, I wasn't intending that. I was more asking if anyone knew where to find it + cheaper then $60. But c'est la vi.

Also, if anyone knew where I could find a brief breakdown of the adventure path to make sure if it's something I wanna subject players to.

-X

Sorry, didn't mean to accuse you of anything.

The wizards website has a few articles giving a general synopsis on what's going on and how to run certain encounters, I think.

ErrantX
2008-02-09, 09:03 PM
Nah, no worries. T'was my bad, I reread what I wrote afterward and I was like, "Doh, text does not convey enough".

Thanks though!

-X

Lady Tialait
2008-02-09, 09:03 PM
I've played it through twice, it's worth it. But the campaign must be carefully read through by the DM...atleast twice. Don't half-butt it or it won't be worth the time...

Gorbash
2008-02-10, 03:03 PM
Is Age of Worms better than Savage Tide?