PDA

View Full Version : Grayson and other Batman fan movies and trailers

SpiderMew
2008-02-09, 11:05 PM
Saw this awsome fan trailer today. Some of you may have already seen it.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=XiZuvJ48MZ0

What do you guys think?
I thought it was so good im sad it isnt going to be made into a real movie.

Freshmeat
2008-02-10, 06:54 AM
For a fan-made trailer, that really is pretty damn good.
My only nitpick would be that guy playing (I presume) Commissioner Gordon, as overacting seems like a second nature to him.

Jerthanis
2008-02-11, 11:03 AM
That was pretty awesome, but I can't imagine why so many Justice Leaguers are messing with him. I find it hard to imagine a movie that lasts less than 4 hours that contains a Clark Kent/Richard Grayson, Superman/Robin dynamic, contains Wonder Woman and Green Lantern as "Allies" who he clearly fights with, the Joker, Penguin, Riddler and Catwoman (Which is truly the most devious band of criminals ever assembled, their minimum goal, of course... to take over the entire world... They'd need Adam West for a villain superteam like that.) AND have a plot about a corrupt police department and Batman's murder mystery.

Still, the next time someone tries to tell me Robin sucks, I need to link them to that video, because Richard Grayson is awesome. I can't wait for them to include Robin in the new Christian Bale Batman movies, a sentiment for which my friends would murder me and hang my corpse as a warning to others should I ever voice such a desire.

EDIT: LOLZ at the Bleeped nickname for Richard... forgot about that one.

SpiderMew
2008-02-11, 11:12 AM
I totaly agree.
There is an elseworld's searies that delt with batman and superman ending up being enemys because of what they beleved in (and supes became a tool for the corrupted goverment)
I figured it must have been along those lines because **** went back to being robin instead of nightwing and superman was old.

It would be hard to include robin i think. It would proabbly end up being a bit cheezy unless they did it right

kamikasei
2008-02-11, 11:15 AM
Still, the next time someone tries to tell me Robin sucks, I need to link them to that video, because Richard Grayson is awesome. I can't wait for them to include Robin in the new Christian Bale Batman movies, a sentiment for which my friends would murder me and hang my corpse as a warning to others should I ever voice such a desire.

Chris Nolan has said that Robin won't be featuring. I don't believe he's expressed any antipathy, he just doesn't feel it fits with the part of Batman's story he's looking to tell. A shame, because I do like Robin (well, Richard and Tim) and would like to see a live-action depiction that didn't suck. On the other hand, the current backstory for Batman I think is the Year One / Long Halloween / Dark Victory set, and in that Robin only comes on scene after Batman is an established badass and Two-Face has arisen, which isn't likely to happen until the end of the third movie if at all.

Jerthanis
2008-02-11, 08:42 PM
Chris Nolan has said that Robin won't be featuring. I don't believe he's expressed any antipathy, he just doesn't feel it fits with the part of Batman's story he's looking to tell. A shame, because I do like Robin (well, Richard and Tim) and would like to see a live-action depiction that didn't suck. On the other hand, the current backstory for Batman I think is the Year One / Long Halloween / Dark Victory set, and in that Robin only comes on scene after Batman is an established badass and Two-Face has arisen, which isn't likely to happen until the end of the third movie if at all.

Yeah, and as I recall, Robin's storyline was almost incidental to the Dark Victory storyline, which was more of a direct continuation from Long Halloween.

I do definitely see the current Christopher Nolan series not including him, and I understand his reasoning. I just think if anyone can do Robin right, it's Nolan. A lot of my friends have the opinion that Robin doesn't do anything but take away from the Batman mythos, which I disagree with heartily.

SpiderMew
2008-02-11, 08:57 PM
Yeah, and as I recall, Robin's storyline was almost incidental to the Dark Victory storyline, which was more of a direct continuation from Long Halloween.

I do definitely see the current Christopher Nolan series not including him, and I understand his reasoning. I just think if anyone can do Robin right, it's Nolan. A lot of my friends have the opinion that Robin doesn't do anything but take away from the Batman mythos, which I disagree with heartily.

While were on the subject of the batman mythos and the fan stuff.
Have any of you seen Patient J?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4095303199635469669&q=patient+j&total=508&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

Its a psychiatrist interviewing the Joker, Joker even gives his opinion on robin in this. I think you guys will love this one too.

Leto
2008-02-11, 09:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hjp0I_okX0w

Batman: Dead End, a must for Batman fans.

Guess which childhood actor plays a prominant role?

Renegade Paladin
2008-02-11, 10:11 PM
the Joker, Penguin, Riddler and Catwoman (Which is truly the most devious band of criminals ever assembled, their minimum goal, of course... to take over the entire world... They'd need Adam West for a villain superteam like that.)
You're joking, right? The Riddler is a regular criminal who leaves clues. He has no other abilities whatsoever. :smalltongue: