PDA

View Full Version : Druid are guay...

Gardakan
2008-02-10, 03:37 PM
I play last day a game with 5 players(6 with me) and a DM. Some of them said that a druid is just a gay and homosexual class. I don't want to tell bad of that things... but they said that that class is underpowered. What could I say to make them prood of a druid... it's a powerful class... for me in case.

Zenos
2008-02-10, 03:38 PM
I play last day a game with 5 players(6 with me) and a DM. Some of them said that a druid is just a gay and homosexual class. I don't want to tell bad of that things... but they said that that class is underpowered. What could I say to make them prood of a druid... it's a powerful class... for me in case.

Transform into a dire bear and buff using Natural Spell, then lay waste to them all.

Solo
2008-02-10, 03:41 PM
Do unto them what Hurricane Katrina did to New Orleans.

Hint: It involves Wildshaping into a Fleshraker.

VanBuren
2008-02-10, 03:42 PM

Ask them if they've mixed up "Druid" and "Monk". Then explain the meaning of CoDzilla. If they still don't get it, then upstage the Fighter as a tank in the next fight and watch him as he realizes that you're doing his job better than he can.

Nerd-o-rama
2008-02-10, 03:42 PM
Druids are the most powerful base class in 3rd Edition D&D, with the possible exception of Clerics (and Wizards once they get to high enough level they never have to worry about melee). Once they get wildshape and natural spell (sixth level), they are good at everything and bad at nothing. They have class features that are equal to whole other characters if optimized correctly (Animal Companions).

Sorry for all the parentheses. Also, in before this thread is torn to shreds in an argument about homosexuality and its use as a pejorative.

Lord Lorac Silvanos
2008-02-10, 03:43 PM
Well your group clearly has some issues with reading and understanding.

There is nothing in the description of the druid that indicates anything about sexual preference.

Solo
2008-02-10, 03:43 PM

There is nothing in the description of the druid that indicates anything about sexual preference.

Well, they are rather hippy-ish.

squishycube
2008-02-10, 03:45 PM
Error: type mismatch.

Spiryt
2008-02-10, 03:47 PM

Change gaming group (like it's easy to find another one, I know) ? Those guys seems pretty hard to play with.

It would be good if they were hippy-ish, even though they are supposed too be more like " lo - my wisdom and strenght comes from nature ".

The problem is that they are more die, die, die - ish.

imperialspectre
2008-02-10, 03:51 PM
Since "guay" in Spanish slang equates more or less to "cool" in American English, I think it's pretty safe to say that druids would be "guay." In a totally badass and destructive way, of course.

At 8th level (when you can first wildshape into a Large creature), try a Polar Bear with Greater Magic Fang, ability enhancement spells, etc. If you really want to be mean, Rusting Grasp random pieces of equipment. If they're magical, do a targeted dispel, then Rusting Grasp. Then with their armor ruined, start beating them up with your claw/claw/bite pwnage, at +15/+15/+10 to hit (bad for even a high-AC character at that level, really). That should be a good start.

Solo
2008-02-10, 03:55 PM
Yay Guayness! We can all be guay! You can be guay, I can be guay, even you can now be guay!

This is so guay!

Gardakan
2008-02-10, 03:58 PM
[QUOTE=Spiryt;3918714]Change gaming group (like it's easy to find another one, I know) ? Those guys seems pretty hard to play with.

QUOTE]

No. I think it's because i am too powerful. I made more kills(13) at the last game then the fighter(11). My brown bear do 8 kills so my total score is 21. I made DPS with Fire Column. I am very powerful and i think they don't like my character...

Spiryt
2008-02-10, 04:00 PM
No. I think it's because i am too powerful. I made more kills(13) at the last game then the fighter(11). My brown bear do 8 kills so my total score is 21. I made DPS with Fire Column. I am very powerful and i think they don't like my character...

They are saying that class is underpowered, don't they? :smallconfused:

Raroy
2008-02-10, 04:01 PM
They obviously haven't seen an optimized druid.

I don't think you should hang around people who call every thing they dislike gay. And if they say that they don't mean anything by it and use it as slang tell them to stop jewing you and quit the niggerdom. That's what I did to my friend for a while, now he doesn't say gay in an offensive manner.

Gardakan
2008-02-10, 04:02 PM
They call druid gay like a joke... they don't like my overpowered build. They're meaning is also sarcastic... i stay with her. I will explain to her that i am not overpowered...

kamikasei
2008-02-10, 04:03 PM

They are supposed to love nature, and nature is traditionally Mother Nature, so arguably druids are obliged to be either straight men or gay women... well, or bi.

Aquillion
2008-02-10, 04:04 PM
No. I think it's because i am too powerful. I made more kills(13) at the last game then the fighter(11). My brown bear do 8 kills so my total score is 21. I made DPS with Fire Column. I am very powerful and i think they don't like my character...Oh! I think we misunderstood the problem (probably because you just said they were calling you 'gay' and didn't specify whether that meant gay-weak or gay-overpowered.) So what they said was that it was gay for you to use such an overpowered class (can we stop calling things 'gay' now? It's a miracle this thread has avoided exploding as long as it has.)

The problem is that you are overshadowing your entire party. Stop doing that, or find a group that's closer to your preferred power level.

Animefunkmaster
2008-02-10, 04:05 PM
With great power comes great responsibility, try not to showboat.

mabriss lethe
2008-02-10, 04:06 PM
::Puts on the flak vest::

If I got that kind of crap from my gaming group, I'd make them eat their words.

So you have a druid? they think the druid is "guay?" ... digress on typos/ attempts to bypass the site filters....

The point remains the same. Play it up. Turn that character into the worst stereotypical homosexual ever. (think of the tailor from Kung-fu hustle, if male.) Now that no one is taking your character seriously, proceed to do what druids do best... Maul your opponents without a shred of mercy.... all the while hitting on the most hetero member of the party. Make everyone extremely uncomfortable..until they stop associating sexual preference with combat prowess.

If anyone starts complaining that druids, being nature oriented, should only be "red-blooded heteros", look up some studies linking overpopulation with sexual orientation. Use them to back up your character's stance that there are too many humanoids in the world and that population must be controlled "by any means." continue to hit on the "macho men."

InkEyes
2008-02-10, 04:06 PM
So, is the problem here that they say the class is overpowered or underpowered?

It it's overpowered, then back off a little from combat and use battlefield control/healing/buff spells.

If it's underpowered, then your group has a strange concept of suckiness.

kamikasei
2008-02-10, 04:08 PM
but they said that that class is underpowered.

Here is the source of the confusion. You lied to us Gardakan. Now I can never love again.

Solo
2008-02-10, 04:09 PM
Here is the source of the confusion. You lied to us Gardakan. Now I can never love again.

Start stabbing.

Gardakan
2008-02-10, 04:09 PM
They tell that like a joke. But they just tell that nature is gay, it's bi. My druid is like Gandalf...

Raroy
2008-02-10, 04:12 PM
You shouldn't associate sexuality to things. That's stereotyping.

InkEyes
2008-02-10, 04:14 PM
My druid is like Gandalf...

Old and played by Ian McKellen?

mabriss lethe
2008-02-10, 04:14 PM
Since Ian McKellen (For those who live in outerspace,the man who played Gandalf in the movies.) came out of the closet in 88 and is an outspoken LGBT rights activist, I think my plan still holds water.

Darn, slightly ninja'd

Spiryt
2008-02-10, 04:15 PM

http://www.nypl.org/branch/features/images/freud.jpg

He would not agree.

Raroy
2008-02-10, 04:17 PM
He has a symbolism angle added to it. I would also not agree with him.

Zenos
2008-02-10, 04:17 PM
Just back a little from combat and start doing your non-damage spells, buffing and battlefield controlling.

Era
2008-02-10, 04:21 PM

Kind of like pretty much any reptilian sentient being? They are also despised for being overpowered.
:)

LCR
2008-02-10, 04:24 PM
http://www.nypl.org/branch/features/images/freud.jpg

He would not agree.

He doesn't even agree with himself.

Now, that doesn't make any sense. And so does this thread.

Spiryt
2008-02-10, 04:26 PM
He doesn't even agree with himself.

Now, that doesn't make any sense. And so does this thread.

I don't really know. As far I know only basic things about his theories.

But I already hope that they aren't true.

And this thread is getting weird, indeed.

mabriss lethe
2008-02-10, 04:28 PM
ANd this thread is getting weird, indeed.

On that note, I think my work here is done....and I have to get ready to go to my actual job.

Carry on.

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-02-10, 04:29 PM
Gah, druids no more have to be hippies than I have to shave every full moon.

Umbra, half-wild elf druid
He was a feral beast of a man who didn't care if animals were being hunted or woods burned... as that is the natural way of the wilds. As long as it didn't threaten the forest as a whole he didn't give a crap.

Bandytwine Damps, gnome druid
He is an expirementor, breeder and alchemist. He is fascinated by nature and its possibilities and has an almost fairytale air. Basically a scientist who's life is... life. By turning into a tree he understands trees, and by mixing together animal parts and herbs and the like he's realized how to tap into magic.

He especially is fascinated by plants and is trying things to mix plant life and animal life together and took the Lichenfriend PrC.

Chaim Hyman, human druid.
He's a farmer... who really loves the land and his animals and has an almost religious connection to it. He's also a big family man, married to his wife of 10 years and has 5 kids.

He's absolutely civilized too, but sees nothing wrong with taming the land as long as it is cared for, thinking it is sentient beings place to care for it, be its stewards, but also to make use of it. He's very alike to the amish in his mindset.

None of these come close to being a hippy...

Solo
2008-02-10, 04:41 PM
Gah, druids no more have to be hippies than I have to shave every full moon.

This brings up the question: "Do you have to shave every full moon"?

BRC
2008-02-10, 04:42 PM
Turn into a bear, then eat him while shouting WHOSE THE HIPPY NOW HUH?

#Raptor
2008-02-10, 04:47 PM
A just slightly evil and rather disturbing idea..
So your character is the strongest one in the group and they say he's gay?
Alright then. Sound like its about time to get yourself a few hoes... I'm sure you can think of someone.

(Just kidding - DON'T do this! Even if it would be funny to see the shocked looks on theyr faces. No, seriously, I'd really advice against it.)

Catskin
2008-02-10, 04:52 PM

Having read through this thread and then returned to the OP, I don't see any problem. So what if your druid's "gay and homosexual"? My group once told me my fighter was smart!

Demented
2008-02-10, 05:13 PM

They are all just whiny pottymouths and you're going to tell their parents.

Aquillion
2008-02-10, 05:25 PM
I don't really know. As far I know only basic things about his theories.

But I already hope that they aren't true.It isn't so much about his theories... in the field of psychology and psychoanalysis in particular, he's like Newton is for physics, or Darwin is for biology. Before him, people were practically just stabbing around in the dark with electroshock machines... he made some errors, and a lot of his other theories were incomplete or contained errors, but those are trivial compared to the importance of his overall ideas, which were the framework for nearly everything that came later.

Newtkeeper
2008-02-10, 05:26 PM
Hmm... I like the 'play a very gay character' idea. If you can't beat 'em, annoy 'em, and all that. Make sure you play up every (false) stereotype of homosexuals- effete voice and all.

If that doesn't suit you, remember:

So by all means, if you must win that argument, take you C.o.D. to town. Annihilate the opposition. Make the NPCs and other players scream "Oh no, it's C.o.D.zilla!!!!!" in badly dubbed English. Breathe radioactive fire. Knock down buildings. Then stomp out of the burning Tokyo that is the ruins of the game and swim off into the ocean, seeking a DM with some basic cognitive functions.
-RadicalTaoist, Wizards boards

Captain van der Decken
2008-02-10, 05:35 PM

Damn, sucks to speak a language that gives sexes to almost everything.

Admiral Squish
2008-02-10, 05:37 PM
Damn, sucks to speak a language that gives sexes to almost everything.

I hated spanish class.

"It's a DOOR! HOW is it FEMALE?"

Ecalsneerg
2008-02-10, 06:00 PM
I hated spanish class.

Is it somehow twisted I only remember pencil is male and pencil sharpener is female? (well, in french at least)

Newtkeeper
2008-02-10, 06:09 PM
Is it somehow twisted I only remember pencil is male and pencil sharpener is female? (well, in french at least)

Freud says yes.

VanBuren
2008-02-10, 06:25 PM
I hated spanish class.

Well... she's stiff frigid and will sometimes arbitrarily lock you out and decide she doesn't want you inside of her, even if you've been in a relationship with her for years.

...Too much?

Grey Watcher
2008-02-10, 07:54 PM
...Too much?

Yes, actually, I think this thread has gone far enough. We've long since stopped giving advice to a person having trouble getting along with a gaming group, and strayed into random, boderline offensive humor.

Goodnight folks!