PDA

View Full Version : Gubdam RTS?

K2
2008-02-10, 08:49 PM
Alright, I am a big RTS/TBS fan, every weekend my friend and I get together and spend two whole days doing little other than playing rts/tbs(starcraft, total war, world in conflict, command and conquer, and recently:sins of a solar empire). But there is one thing that we do other than play games, and this is watch gundam(recently 00). Today he and I had an interesting thought: why is there no gundam strat game?

I mean, I really want to see Zeon win and i have an odd feeling that that will only happen if I do it myself.

Or, perhaps I am wrong and such a game already exists. In which game please free to tell me.

TheOtherMC
2008-02-10, 08:58 PM
Alright, I am a big RTS/TBS fan, every weekend my friend and I get together and spend two whole days doing little other than playing rts/tbs(starcraft, total war, world in conflict, command and conquer, and recently:sins of a solar empire). But there is one thing that we do other than play games, and this is watch gundam(recently 00). Today he and I had an interesting thought: why is there no gundam strat game?

I mean, I really want to see Zeon win and i have an odd feeling that that will only happen if I do it myself.

Or, perhaps I am wrong and such a game already exists. In which game please free to tell me.

Well there was a game I belive called Gihrans Greed (sp?) which is supposed to be an turn based rts but ive never even seen it so...

There is also Zeonic Front for PS2. Hard to find but worth it. Pretty much squad based mobile suit combat i.e. 50ft Rainbow Six from a Zeon perspective. Good Times.

K2
2008-02-10, 09:06 PM
Thanks MC, but i am looking for something a bit more...massive? epic? grand scale(we will go with that)
Then again, I don't think what I want exists.

TheOtherMC
2008-02-10, 09:11 PM
Thanks MC, but i am looking for something a bit more...massive? epic? grand scale(we will go with that)
Then again, I don't think what I want exists.

Well from what Ive heard of it Ghirens Greed (Sp?) is exactly that. You choose a side and wage the one year war. Starts before the first colony drop attempt-Operation...Britain was it?-so Zeon gets Zaku I/IIs and those pitiful feddies' only get to produce tanks for about 8 months.

EDIT: P.S. HAIL ZEON!

TheOtherMC
2008-02-10, 09:15 PM
EDIT EDIT: AHA! I knew i wasnt crazy! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giren%27s_Ambition)

EDIT EDIT EDIT: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Century_Gundam_Online So...much...wasted...potential....*SOB* :smallfrown: