PDA

View Full Version : The Order of the Stick and X

Ancalagon
2008-02-11, 01:16 PM
Saving a lot of time to answer in all those threads, here is the generic one: Feel free to drop all comments you'd normally drop in one of the specifc threads... here you can do it once and for all! (Of course this is not entirely serious! ;)).

I just realised the how similar Order and the Stick and X are! Look at the characters and how the story goes. Especially if you compare Roy with X's main character! Both are good, but have doubts sometimes, yet stick to the good thing in the end. Even when things are hard, they try to motivate the others. Also Celia and X's closest friend! Have you ever wondered how similar that relationship is?

And take the Villian of X, if that is not a younger/older/meaner/friendlier Xykon. And his sidekick, I mean, he only needs a red cloak and he could be Red Cloak! What do you think? Nice, huh? I sat here for a while and could not believe that when I first saw it. Do you think Rich knows X?

Apart from that, compare Haley with female-character-from-X or Durkon with anoter-(this-time-male)-character-from-X... it is hard not to see how similar they are, no?

What are your comments on this? X and OotS (character from X or character from OotS) are very similar, don't you agree?

Raider
2008-02-11, 01:24 PM
..........what's X?

Zencao
2008-02-11, 01:42 PM
..........what's X?

Yeah what the hell is X!?

Faramir
2008-02-11, 01:47 PM
And the similarities become even more evident if you compare Episode Z of X with Episode W of OOTS. After looking at those surely no one can doubt that Rich based OOTS entirely on X.

Uncle Festy
2008-02-11, 02:03 PM
X is "insert webcomic/tv show/movie/book/sitcom/comic book/fairy tale of your choice here"

chibibar
2008-02-11, 02:49 PM
Here I thought he was talking about X/1999 (anime)

Studoku
2008-02-11, 02:50 PM
Idiots.

X is a completely different webcomic. Look at U from X- she clearly has no OotS paralel.

Animefunkmaster
2008-02-11, 02:51 PM
Here I thought he was talking about X/1999 (anime)

me too for a little while.

The Extinguisher
2008-02-11, 06:21 PM
If the universal forum constant for repeat threads is 5.34x10^3 per page, then solve for X.

Animefunkmaster
2008-02-11, 06:24 PM
the only recent thread I have seen is firefly and OOTS... I would rather see someone compare OOTS to X (the anime) than see a variable.

ref
2008-02-11, 07:02 PM
When I saw the thread's title I thought he was going to talk about Xykon

Faramir
2008-02-11, 10:25 PM
Idiots.

X is a completely different webcomic. Look at U from X- she clearly has no OotS paralel.

I don't know. Don't you think that Miko has a number of similarities to U?

FujinAkari
2008-02-12, 05:34 AM
Guys, its obvious. The designers of X were childhood friends of Rich, and stole all his ideas! Get your pitchforks!

Ancalagon
2008-02-12, 07:53 AM
Yet, Miko is mostly antagonistic, so, U does not really fit. I'd better go for W, she seems pretty similar.

ZFR
2008-02-12, 12:29 PM
Yet, Miko is mostly antagonistic, so, U does not really fit. I'd better go for W, she seems pretty similar.

Yeah but W can't fly and has only 2 hands. So she can't be Miko either.

Zencao
2008-02-12, 01:01 PM
On a serious note, anyone see any similarities between Miko and inspector Javert from les miserables?

Schnitzel
2008-02-13, 06:29 AM
Of course.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/InspectorJavert

BisectedBrioche
2008-02-13, 07:17 AM
For some reason I just started humming inspector Javert to the Inspector Gadget theme tune.

The Hop Goblin
2008-02-13, 07:04 PM
Saving a lot of time to answer in all those threads, here is the generic one: Feel free to drop all comments you'd normally drop in one of the specifc threads... here you can do it once and for all! (Of course this is not entirely serious! ;)).

I just realised the how similar Order and the Stick and X are! Look at the characters and how the story goes. Especially if you compare Roy with X's main character! Both are good, but have doubts sometimes, yet stick to the good thing in the end. Even when things are hard, they try to motivate the others. Also Celia and X's closest friend! Have you ever wondered how similar that relationship is?

And take the Villian of X, if that is not a younger/older/meaner/friendlier Xykon. And his sidekick, I mean, he only needs a red cloak and he could be Red Cloak! What do you think? Nice, huh? I sat here for a while and could not believe that when I first saw it. Do you think Rich knows X?

Apart from that, compare Haley with female-character-from-X or Durkon with anoter-(this-time-male)-character-from-X... it is hard not to see how similar they are, no?

What are your comments on this? X and OotS (character from X or character from OotS) are very similar, don't you agree?

So.... this is the obligatory flame-starter thread? The one that serves no purpose other than to pick on a specific group of forum-goers in a sardonic, more-intelligent-than-thou, smarmy fashion?

Isn't there some sort of rule to the effect of; "thou shalt not start threads targetting a specific group of people in a negative fashion"?

Qov
2008-02-13, 08:42 PM
So.... this is the obligatory flame-starter thread? The one that serves no purpose other than to pick on a specific group of forum-goers in a sardonic, more-intelligent-than-thou, smarmy fashion?
It has nothing to do with any group of forum-goers, unless you count "those not yet exposed to the language of algebraic substitution" as a persecuted minority. It's just one thread into which all the "OotS is like [other group]. Discuss," threads can be condensed.

Be it Friends, TMNT, Harry Potter, Hogan's Heroes or the cast of Futurama, they have parallels in OotS and it's fun to match them up.

Arkenputtyknife
2008-02-14, 01:13 AM
It has nothing to do with any group of forum-goers, unless you count "those not yet exposed to the language of algebraic substitution" as a persecuted minority.
Aw, dang. And I thought it was about X/1999 (a happy little show about lots of friends killing each other), or the X Files (which I've never seen, amazingly enough), or that movie about Malcolm What's-his-name…

Ancalagon
2008-02-14, 09:03 AM

a) You are wrong.
b) It is somewhere in those rule that you are not allowed to impute someone else wants to flame.

Isn't there some sort of rule to the effect of; "thou shalt not start threads targetting a specific group of people in a negative fashion"?

See a) above. People can open their little, pointless threads to do their little, pointless discussions about little, pointless things as they see fit as part of their personal entertainment.
This thread is just one of them. It's not flame and if you do not like it, go to some of the other threads full of little, pointless discussions that people do for their personal entertainment.

Of course I tried to make fun of other (imo) little, pointless discussions. But that does not mean it is flame or other people cannot have the fun their way (and some of the little, pointless discussions may not be as pointless as I, personally, think they are).

Stormwolf
2008-02-14, 03:39 PM
You'e all wrong... in 5 years time whilst building a props for a movie version of The Time Tunnel, Hollywood will by chance invent a working time machine. George Lucas, Steven Spielberg, Joss Whedon and Gary Gygax will buy the patent between them and travel back 30 years and base all their movies, books and D&D itself on characters from OotS. Poor Rich will never see any royalties from it but that's how it will have going to be happened.

RachelEvil
2008-02-14, 04:26 PM
Hm. If We're comparing OOTS and X, I'd say Elan would be John Doe, and Haley is Exene Cervenka.

What?

Ancalagon
2008-02-14, 04:42 PM
Who are those guys you're talking about? Something like character A and D from X? ;)

RachelEvil
2008-02-15, 05:10 AM
Members of the band, X. I was making a joke, y'see.