PDA

View Full Version : Some random magic items.(More may be posted)

SilentNight
2008-02-11, 11:18 PM
Just the current incarnations of some magic items I've been thinking about. Input is welcome as are name ideas. More will be posted as I think about them.

Bass of the fire king
This masterwork darkwood bass seem slightly warm to the touch and music flows effortlessly from it. At will the player can flip the bass length-wise, opening a small apeture in the bottom that emits a gout of flame. This is the equivalent of a burning hands spell at caster level 5th.
Faint evocation; CL 5th; Craft Wonderous Item, Burning hands; creator must have 5 ranks in perform (stringed instruments); Price 20,250gp; 7 and 1/2lbs.

If anyone knows of a better fire spell to use I'd be much obliged. It does seem a little pricy but that's what the rules say.

Headphones of the sublime melody
This peice of headgear resembles earmuffs without the fuzz. Imbued with the music of the bards, the wearer can call upon past performances to energize themselves. Four times per day the wearer can speak the name of a bard that he or she has heard use the inspire courage ability. The user then hears music, producing the effect of a heroism spell cast by a 4th level caster.
Faint enchantment; CL 4th; Craft Wonderous Item, Heroism; Price 11,500 gp

Keep in mind that I am tired so I probably missed something.

Sir Shadow
2008-02-11, 11:38 PM
o__O why are they so expensive? they're not even weapons or armor and they don't give a boost to perform checks. I'd say at least halve the costs since the spells they cast are so low anyways.

SilentNight
2008-02-11, 11:46 PM
I'm using the custom magic items rules in the back of the DM's guide. 1/2 price then?

GoC
2008-02-13, 10:36 PM
I'm using the custom magic items rules in the back of the DM's guide. 1/2 price then?

Try 1/10.