PDA

View Full Version : Scion: Hero (Build Question)

Nargrakhan
2008-02-12, 12:43 AM
Playing Scion: Hero as a PC for the first time. Thumbing through an abridged PDF the GM created that will allow me to build my character. I kinda have a basic idea of how the series works, and eventually we will be working our way through the series (demigod and god)... but for now I'm just making a hero. :smallcool:

Anyways... I'll probably be asking a series of questions for help on a basic character concept I wanna use: gun priest type guy. I have a massive fetish for role playing "dual handgun wielding" gunslingers, ever since I watched my first cowboy movie as a lad... modern films like Equilibrium, your various action anime, and video games like Devil May Cry or Jericho only made it worst.

Now I can literally be a god at it. :smallwink:

So here I am building my character. Gonna make Mental Traits my primary (gotta be fast and alert; max Wits), Physical Traits my secondary (gotta be slick with the guns; max Dexterity), and Social Traits my dump (cold blooded stone killa). Abilities are pretty obvious – Alertness, Marksmanship, Science (Ballistics), etc.

Now call me crazy... but I'm having a hell of time trying to figure out what deity I should go for. I mean being a gun totting "God of Death" sounds cool... but would I regret that later on? Even if that's okay – which Pantheon has a better death god?

Given that this is a game about deities, its pretty obvious I should be REALLY careful in picking my patron. Can anyone gimmie a quick pointer?

axraelshelm
2008-02-12, 02:06 AM
okay theres several Gods/ese you can go for grab a god that has epic dex. If you want DEATH go for that amazonian pathenon seas of blood would be had but I would go for a god that your familar with so that you can play your character more fully.

Nargrakhan
2008-02-18, 01:47 PM
Thanks for the help. I do appreciate it and wanted to let ya know that my silence didn't mean ingratitude. :smallsmile:

As it turned out, the GM... errr... Storyteller... made us all resubmit our characters. Some of the others tried to create Speed 1 Relics, which I now know is overboard munchinkin. Also while there are six of us, almost everyone was picking from the Atzlanti pantheon. :smallsigh:

Thus we were each assigned a pantheon... I ended up getting the Dodekatheon - which is cool, because I actually know about them. Not so hot with stuff concerning the Japanese, Voodoo, and Azetec mythologies. Plus Arete is actually nice.

So here I am about to pick Artemis, asking the Storyteller if I can have access to the Death purview for the "role" I want, when he tells me about Persephone. Seems she's in the Demigod book. Storyteller explicitly told me NOT to read Demigod to learn more, and gave me a printout with all the stuff I need from her. Now I'm happy... and my character was approved! Dual Desert Eagles and all. Whee!

So far the rest of the group looks great. Along with my Persephone Chaplain Gunslinger, there's a Tsuki-yomi Loligoth, Huitzilopochtli Luchador, and Heimdall Professional Bodyguard. The Aesir and Loa players are still waiting for confirmation.

Looks like a really colorful group so far. This should be real fun when we start next week! :smallsmile: