PDA

View Full Version : Risen Martyr With Caster Levels

Ranis
2008-02-12, 12:14 PM
I have a player returning to my game whose cleric died before he went overseas conveniently in a huge explosion of epic proportions. He wants to bring his character back as a Risen Martyr prestige class, but he also wants to keep his caster levels because of the fact that he will now be essentially the party healer.

So my question is thus: What class features should I take away from the Risen Martyr prestige class to justify a normal caster progression? The only things that I'm really attached to as far as class features go, as in, the class features that I want to keep, are the pseudo-incorporealness and the Perfection class ability at 10th level. Any help would be superb; thanks!

Person_Man
2008-02-12, 01:32 PM
If he wants Cleric caster progression, he should just have someone cast ressurection on him and continue to progress as a Cleric.

Keep in mind that a normal Cleric has nothing but full caster progression and Turn Undead progression. And its still one of the most powerful classes in the game.

A Risen Martyr is Deathless. No Con Score, and all the immunities that come with it. Immune to most effects that require a Fort Save. Immune to Mind Affecting effect. Darkvision. And they don't eat, breath, or sleep. That's a pretty hefty list of perks. And that's just at 0th level for free.

Giving a player full caster progression and Deathless and any of the RM's class abilities would be very unbalancing.

Ranis
2008-02-13, 12:12 PM
Hm, I hadn't thought about it that way. You think a level or three reduction in full progression would be enough justification, or I could do....something else. I dunno. =/