PDA

View Full Version : Help with a Gestalt

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-02-12, 04:02 PM
I'm joining a Gestalt game this Friday, and I'm having a bit of trouble finalizing the build. Human Artificer//Warblade, ecl 4, and it's my first time going with either class. I'm looking at Diamond Mind for flavor reasons, but do I have enough maneuvers to do more than dabble in another style? I'm the only melee outside of a monk, so I have to be able to operate with only (primarily arcane) spellcasting support. I'm still trying to choose maneuvers and feats, and I'm, quite frankly, lost looking at the list, especially now that I'm trying to figure out what to do with my move actions. Please help.

Zincorium
2008-02-12, 04:17 PM
Since you're apparently playing in Eberron, or at least taking pieces from that setting (artificer), have you considered being warforged instead? The racial substitution levels for warforged artificers are frankly awesome. Or another good idea would be to go into the renegade mastermaker PrC, it's excellent for a melee based artificer without sacrificing too much.

As far as maneuvers go, you can have 3 second level maneuvers and 2 level ones. I'd take emerald razor and mountain hammer to help take on difficult enemies, Action before thought might be useful if you're wearing heavy armor and dumping dex. It's not so powerful that another strike like Battle Leader's charge shouldn't replace it if your dexterity is good. Steel wind and stone bones are good choices IMO for level one maneuvers.

Regarding stances, there aren't any level twos, which I always found a bit bizarre. Leading the charge is solid for at least one round, and if you're using one of the high critical diamond mind weapons like a rapier blood in the water can be fairly productive.

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-02-12, 04:35 PM
No warforged, my artificer exists solely because of the Rule of Cool, the actual world is FRCS. What book is the Renegade Mastermaker from?

Zincorium
2008-02-12, 05:54 PM
No warforged, my artificer exists solely because of the Rule of Cool, the actual world is FRCS. What book is the Renegade Mastermaker from?

Magic of Eberron. Essentially, it's an artificer who turns him or herself into a warforged bit by bit.

Even if you go 20/20 as you are you should be fine, you've got one of the top melee classes on one side and what may be the most powerful class period on the other. They complement each other well.