PDA

View Full Version : House, M.D. [NPC]

Paragon Badger
2008-02-12, 10:53 PM
Dr. House: Do a stool sample to check for parasites, blood culture to rule out infection, and ANA for lupus.
Dr. Cameron: Because he screamed?
Dr. Chase: It could also be an environmental reaction... an allergy, dust, weed, pollen, something he ate...
Dr. House: Check the house and run a lung ventilation scan... the lungs are in the chest too, right?
Dr. Foreman: I had a date last night. She screamed. Should we spend $100,000 testing her?
Dr. House: Of course not... this isn't a veterinary hospital. ZING!

Gregory House (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregory_House)
Class: Smart Hero(3), Dedicated Hero(5), Charismatic Hero(2)
HP: 46
Action Points: 5

Occupation: Doctor (Knowledge: Behavioral Sciences, Treat Injury)

Attack: +3 (Flame Cane: 1d4 Bludgeoning, 20/x2)
Defense: +5

Fort: +7
Ref: +3
Will: +10

Str: 10(+0)
Dex: 13(+1)
Con: 12(+1)
Int: 20(+5)
Wis: 17(+3)
Cha: 18(+4)

Skills:
Bluff: (6) +10
Gather Information: (12) +16
Computer Use: (2) +7
Craft(Pharmaceutical): (4) +11
Gamble: (8) +10
Forgery: (2) +9
Investigate: (11) +16
Knowledge (Art): (1) +6
Knowledge (Behavioral Sciences): (11) +22
Knowledge (Civics): (2) +7
Knowledge (Current Events): (2) +7
Knowledge (Earth and Life Sciences): (1) +6
Knowledge (History): (2) +7
Knowledge (Physical Sciences): (4) +11
Knowledge (Popular Culture): (9) +14
Knowledge (Technology): (2) +7
Knowledge (Theology and Philosophy): (3) +8
Preform (Keyboards): (2) +5
Preform (Stringed Instruments): (4) +7
Read/Write Language: (5)
Research: (11) +16
Search: (11) +16
Speak Language: (5)
Spot: (9) +12
Sense Motive: (9) +14
Treat Injury: (11) +25

Languages: English, Spanish, Portuguese, Mandarin, Japanese and Hindi

Feats: Attentive, Medical Expert, Reknown, Educated(Behavioral Sciences, Physical Sciences), Surgery, Meticulous, Iron Will, Simple Weapons Proficiency

Talent: Savant(Knowledge: Behavioral Sciences), Healing Knack, Skill Emphasis(Treat Injury), Faith(In Self), Linguist, Fast-Talk

Because of a operation that removed much of the tissue in his leg, Gregory House cannot run, and suffers a -10 penalty to all dexterity/skill checks that require the use of his legs.

Gregory House can use the Investigate skill to diagnose a person's injuries, in addition to its regular use in finding clues and evidence. By doing a quick inspection of someone (1 full-round action), Gregory House may determine exactly how many hit points they have, in addition to any status effects or conditions they have... as well as a few scathing personal secrets.

Riva
2008-02-13, 04:01 AM
Oh dear zombie christ, you sir found the way for me to get my girly interested in pen and paper games...

Mordokai
2008-02-13, 05:05 AM
I'm pretty sure his CHA modifier should be at least +4, if not +5. Flaming cane, no. Flaming tounge, yes. Will save 17 or affected by spell Confusion or Feeblemind(House's choice). Save is charisma based. Usable three times per day. I'm also not sure Hindi should be on his list of languages. I also doesn't remember him performing anything on wind instruments.

Dr.House can always take 10 or 20 on any Bluff or Gather Information checks. He takes no penalty he would otherwise take, such as not speaking the patient language or messing diagnosis completely. He is immune to most enchantment spells.

I'd give him 3/4 of base speed, not half. He can be pretty fast if he wants.

That is pretty much everything I can think of :smallsmile:

DrizztFan24
2008-02-13, 09:34 AM
He has got to have a higher dex than that, he can juggle!:smalltongue:

Arakune
2008-02-13, 09:48 AM
Give him a 13 Dex min and a penalty of -8 on all skill checks or Dex checks that involves his lower half.

sikyon
2008-02-13, 10:10 AM
In b4 Epic Level Cleric Motivational.

But in all seriousness, you forgot to include that he can't run.

Paragon Badger
2008-02-14, 12:14 AM
He read an indian textbook at some point or another. And his cane has flames on it, "Makes me look like I'm going faster." he said. :smallwink:

But yes, I increased his dex for his numerous feats of androitness, such as spinning the cane about and juggling and l33t gameboy skillz.

Also increased constitution, simply because of the operation on his leg, and that extended periods of exercise during the whole 'I can run!' arc.

Increased strength for the same reason... though because I don't want to make him uber, I lowered his wisdom a bit... He occasionally makes things difficult for himself regarding his relationships, which seem more in the domain of wis than int.

Added Iron Will, since I don't want him to be outright immune to supernatural spells.... though he'd probably try to debunk its existence. :smalltongue:

Overall, gave him one more level...since I can't be assed to redo the previous ones. ;-)

The_JJ
2008-02-20, 10:59 PM
Don't forget that he can pop Vicadin for a +4 bonus to all Fort. and Will saves, w/o penalties.