PDA

View Full Version : OOTS in Rapture

Lord of Rapture
2008-02-13, 08:43 AM
Since I am such a HUGE fan of Bioshock, I was wondering what would happen if Roy got raised, the group all got back together again, and then they were suddenly teleported to the biosphere leading to Rapture during late 1958 right after the rise of Atlas as the rebellion's leader.
The OOTS, confused and new to the surroundings, may choose to side with either Andrew Ryan to bring stability to Rapture, or Atlas to overthrow the increasingly totalitarian government. They may use any weapon, plasmid and gene tonic available, or keep their original weapons and abilities, and can buy ADAM instead of having to get it from the Little Sisters. They may not refuse to take the biosphere to Rapture, and can all fit in there at once.
What do you think will happen?

Emperor Ing
2008-02-13, 09:21 AM
ive explored Rapture myself more than once, and I swear I have seen NO SIGNS of the Order of the Stick. Do you have a screenshot? :smallamused:

Muz
2008-02-13, 11:32 AM
V would be horrified at the easily gotten magical abilities. Belkar would turn into the same monstrosity that Fontaine does at the end, I'm sure. :smallbiggrin:

Premsyl
2008-02-13, 06:06 PM
Haley would be intensely discouraged by the $500 wallet limit.

Etheral
2008-02-24, 12:34 AM
LMAO! What possessed you to think of this??? I was laughing about it for a while. Rapture is no place for OOTS characters (even though the enemies do look cartoony). If the OOTS character appeared there they would probably go mad and turn into the Splicers themselves.

And then they will be running at you with a pipe in their hand while you grab the handy wrench. They will have some kind of strange taunt in the game (as do all others splicers) and then come jumping at you. Next thing you know, youll be dead (If playing on Hard Difficulty) and then you will appear at one of those ressurection thingys.

Lord of Rapture
2008-02-26, 06:08 AM
LMAO! What possessed you to think of this??? I was laughing about it for a while. Rapture is no place for OOTS characters (even though the enemies do look cartoony). If the OOTS character appeared there they would probably go mad and turn into the Splicers themselves.

And then they will be running at you with a pipe in their hand while you grab the handy wrench. They will have some kind of strange taunt in the game (as do all others splicers) and then come jumping at you. Next thing you know, youll be dead (If playing on Hard Difficulty) and then you will appear at one of those ressurection thingys.

I like Bioshock, and I like OOTS. Add the two, mix well. I wanted to see what would happen.

Personally, I don't think all of them would end up as Splicers. Some might end up dead, (Elan, for instance), and some might still be able keep their grip on sanity. After all, Roy's endured worse torment from Belkar before (heh, Craft Disturbing Mental Image).

Are the Splicers really that hard on Hard difficulty, even with beefed up characters from OOTS? They seem so fragile on the easier difficulties.

Those "resurrection thingys" are Vita-Chambers.

Etheral
2008-02-28, 02:44 AM
I havent actually ever played it on Hard difficulty but I'm guessing its called "Hard" for a reason. I usually play on easy (as I do with most games :smalltongue: ).

Here is a list of who will become a splicer:
Elan - Obvious reasons

Haley - She will want the adam or maybe she will just want to be with Elan and become a splicer.

Vaarsuvius - Hunger for knowledge will lead him to become a splicer in one way or another.

Characters who will die:
Belkar - He's crazy and will try to kill everyone around him and end up dead in the process.

Durkon - An unsuccessful Turn Undead spell on the splicer will give them enough time to surround him and... thats it.

Characters Left Alive:
Roy - He will be a commando and survive possibly.

Did I miss anyone?

Illiterate Scribe
2008-02-28, 02:56 AM
Roll for will save vs. Would You Kindly.

DAMNED SPLOICERS.

Indon
2008-02-28, 11:44 AM
I don't think any of them would splice. I think they'd treat it just like a dungeon crawl, and have little difficulty clearing the place of anything hostile given enough time.

Example:

Splicer (while shooting Roy): Why... won't... you... DIE!
Roy: Well, your bullets only deal 2d6 damage every 6 seconds. Really, you could shoot at me for a couple minutes before I go down.
Durkon: An' I'd heal him before tha' happens.
V: Incidentally, my Magic Missile deals comparable damage to your 'Rocket Launcher'. Allow me to demonstrate.
Elan: Blast, blast, blast the psycho splicer to death!