PDA

View Full Version : Lets make a druid

Goats_o_Mjolnir
2008-02-13, 09:21 AM
Hey all, Jm starting a level 4 campaign and I want to make a CoDzilla druid, can anyone point me in the right direction?

Tempest Fennac
2008-02-13, 09:24 AM
Exept for Con, your physical stats aren't that improtant once you get Wildshape and Natural spell. If you're planning on using Summon Nature's Ally a lot, Augment Summoning would be a good fea choice. Depending on how much healing you'll be doing, Augment Healing could help as well.

leperkhaun
2008-02-13, 09:45 AM
check out the druid handbook from the wizards CO boards.

DrizztFan24
2008-02-13, 12:09 PM
Put ranks in ride and handle animal and then wait till lvl 13 to get a dire polar bear animal campanion :smalltongue:

Ranis
2008-02-13, 12:17 PM
Put ranks in ride and handle animal and then wait till lvl 13 to get a dire polar bear animal campanion :smalltongue:

That's what the druid in my game does, but with his dire ape.

mostlyharmful
2008-02-13, 02:41 PM
At level 4 make sure to use your animal companion for all it's worth. It's the low levels that let having you're own expendable meatshield you can buff really shines. other than that make sure to stand at the back spamming SNA and entangle. Until you get wildshape and natural spell most of your power comes from hauling around your own private army so enjoy it and make sure you don't get trapped in a small space for a battle cause if you're playing less than five creatures in any challenging situation you're doing something wrong.

Kizara
2008-02-13, 03:24 PM
Feats: Natural Bond, Companion Spell (PHb2)

Skill focus (handle animal) for beastmaster PrC.

Natural Spell

At level 4, pick up a fleshraker dinosaur animal companion (MM3). At level 6, pick up 1 level (and only 1 level) of the beastmaster PrC. This gives you 2 fleshrakers, both as if they were level 1 companions (thanks to natural bond).

Greater Magic Fang, Thornskin, animalistic power, etc.

Make sure to use the bonus HD on your fleshraker to pick up power attack and leap attack. For extra chessy goodness.

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-02-13, 03:32 PM
At level 4, pick up a fleshraker dinosaur animal companion (MM3). At level 6, pick up 1 level (and only 1 level) of the beastmaster PrC. This gives you 2 fleshrakers, both as if they were level 1 companions (thanks to natural bond).There's also a feat, not sure where, gives any class an animal companion as a druid at their character level -3. Combine this to get 3 fleshrakers, 2 as level one companions, the other at level 4. And then make the fighter cry.

Kizara
2008-02-13, 03:41 PM
Honestly, even 1 fleshraker is so ridiculously good that it can likely solo any 2 members of your party that aren't power attack barbarians or DMM clerics.

ChaosDefender24
2008-02-13, 04:52 PM
If you're feeling particularly willing to go overboard, I'd go with the anthropomorphic bat for my race, which is a LA + 0 race with + 6 wisdom.

My favorite combo for later is Frozen Wildshape and Assume Supernatural Ability (cold breath or w/e) so that you can wildshape into a 12-headed cryohydra and get the breath weapon too.

Ninja Chocobo
2008-02-13, 05:38 PM
If you're feeling particularly willing to go overboard, I'd go with the anthropomorphic bat for my race, which is a LA + 0 race with + 6 wisdom.

Has 1 RHD, though. Not that that matters too much.

Leon
2008-02-13, 05:59 PM
/Sigh
Another lost to the cookie cutter cheese fest

Zincorium
2008-02-13, 06:09 PM
Has 1 RHD, though. Not that that matters too much.

Races with only one hit dice trade that out for a class level. DMG, page 172.

Squash Monster
2008-02-13, 07:19 PM
Your animal companion should be a riding dog (trained for war, so it trips as a wolf). It's the second best animal companion, right behind the insane fleshraker. If you enjoy being insanely cheesy, you can switch to fleshraker in a few levels.

If you're using point-buy, you want 18 wisdom and as much con as you can afford. Getting 10s in the other mental stats (especially intelligence) is useful, but optional. If you're using a different character creation method and manage to have a spare good stat, put it into dexterity. It doesn't matter in a few levels, but for now dexterity is useful for surviving to those levels.

You want to be human for the extra feat. If you don't like human, pick something with a wisdom bonus, but I'm writing this assuming you did pick human.

There's two options for your first level feats. Either you get Spell Focus: Conjuration and Augment Summoning, which makes your summons very good as soon as they get an actual duration, or if you're Neutral Good, you open up Book of Exalted Deeds. From here, select Sacred Vow and Vow of Poverty. Vow of Poverty gives you a bonus exalted feat, too, so pick up Nymph's Kiss.

If you went the Vow of Poverty route, you're going to get more Exalted feats than you know what to do with, so start with: Intuitive Attack, Touch of Golden Ice, and Exalted Wildshape.

Take Improved Initiative for your third level feat.

At sixth level, take Natural Spell, and spend all day in your favorite form.

And that's the basics of being an awesome Druid.