PDA

View Full Version : Dextrous Fighter Feats

DrizztFan24
2008-02-13, 09:30 AM
So in reference to the old assassin/rogue feats that Zenos made (where did they go anyways?) my dad and I managed to create these feats for TOS+ (theonlysheet+).

Precise Strike
prerequ:14 dex and weapon finesse
Benefit:You get to add your dex modifier to your weapon dmg instead of your stength bonus when wielding light weapons.

Improved Precise Strike
Prerequ: Precise strike and at least 3 heal ranks
Benefit: You have developed your sense of anatomy so far that you are able to make very deadly attacks; When using a light weapon you are also allowed to add you INT bonus to weapon dmg in addition to your DEX modifier.

Final Blow
prerequ:improved precise strike and at east 5 heal ranks
Benefits: For your assassin's death attack you are allowed to add your heal bonus to the death attack DC.

If anyone is interested in them just let me know and I will post the formulas

Partysan
2008-02-13, 09:55 AM
Final Blow strikes me as horribly broken. That could be about +11 at level 6. A feat giving +2 to the DC is considered epic. (ok ok, the epic feats are, as Aquillion called it so beatifully, underwhelming, but still...)
With that feat you could make a +30DC DA at level 6... overpowered.

Spiryt
2008-02-13, 10:02 AM
I agree that Final Blow is overpowered.

The other two seem OK, although it's I think that they don't need to be light weapon only.

Yeril
2008-02-13, 10:03 AM
Perhaps, 1/4th your ranks in heal to it?

Thus at level 6, at most your getting +2DC, and at level 13, your getting +4DC, and at level 19, you get +6DC

ShinyRocks
2008-02-13, 11:33 AM
Um, in Zenos's Stabbity-STAB thread, I posted these:

Precise Strike
Requirements: Weapon Finesse, 14 Dex
Benefit: You are able to aim your strikes with light weapons at vulnerable spots in your target's body, allowing you to add your dex modifier to damage isntead of str.

Improved Precise Strike
Requirements: Precise Strike, 14 Int, Knowledge (Nature) 8 ranks.
Benefit: Your knowledge of anatomy and vulnerable points is second to none. You may add your int. modifier to hit rolls and damage rolls made with light weapons. This stacks with your dex modifier from Weapon Finesse and Precise Strike

People then said that Improved Precise Strike should use ranks in Heal instead.

As far as I'm aware, I'm not your dad. I'm jus' sayin'.

DrizztFan24
2008-02-13, 11:44 AM
Um, in Zenos's Stabbity-STAB thread, I posted these:

People then said that Improved Precise Strike should use ranks in Heal instead.

As far as I'm aware, I'm not your dad. I'm jus' sayin'.

hehe what i meant what that we figured out the formulas for the only sheet, just the nerd stuff of figuring what cell and what function goes where

How would you get such a high DC for the death attack? heal is cross class for rogues/beguilers/assassins/fighters/wizards/sorcs

Partysan
2008-02-13, 04:06 PM
Ah ok, I overlooked that. 25 then.
However it is still much too strong. I'd rather grant it the same bonuses you get for skill synergy (with the optional rules for additional synergy for higher ranks, cannot ermeber where they are atm).

Cieyrin
2008-02-15, 06:50 PM
Ah ok, I overlooked that. 25 then.
However it is still much too strong. I'd rather grant it the same bonuses you get for skill synergy (with the optional rules for additional synergy for higher ranks, cannot ermeber where they are atm).

Additional synergy bonuses is from Complete Adventurer. I'd also agree that adding the bonus seems a little much, even if it is a cross class skill. The earliest you'd be able to get it would be as your 9th level feat, by which point you could have 6 ranks, w/ the average rogue 5/assassin 4 probably having a wisdom of about 12 and an intelligence score of 14, giving them a Death Attack DC of 10 base + 4 assassin level + 2 int + 6 heal + 1 wis = 23, which actually does seem to mesh up with caster save DCs at those levels, with those around 19-25. This gets a little more messy when the assassin takes as one of his first level spells Healer's Vision, which gives him a +5 insight to Heal, for a Death Attack DC of 28, which does seem a bit high but one spell breaking it doesn't make it broken. At higher levels, such as at 15th when they're probably rogue 5/assassin 10, the Death Attack DC would probably be around 10 + 10 assassin level + 3 int + 9 heal + 2 wis = 34, which for most 15th level characters would be a difficult save to make, whose Fort saves for your typical warrior type would be around 9 base + 5 con + 3 resistance = 17, which would make the save require a roll of 17 or higher. With Healer's Vision, that save becomes nigh-impossible, with a save of 39, meaning natural 20.

From this analysis, I would suggest applying half the Heal bonus or just their ranks, which would change those DCs to 22 and 32 (just ranks) or 20 and 29 (half bonus). Those seem more in line with appropriate DCs at those levels and reasonable for characters that should be good at making those saves will still be challenged but not unreasonably so. This is just my analysis, which you are free to do with what you will.

EDIT: And the Power Stab feat list are here: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71405