PDA

View Full Version : The Writers Guild Strike Is Over

Rare Pink Leech
2008-02-13, 09:47 AM
Yesterday the Writers Guild of America voted 92.5% in favour of a new contract, meaning we're going to get real television back! Linky! (http://www.wga.org/subpage_newsevents.aspx?id=2775)

I'm extremely happy about this ... new episodes of all my favourite shows will return! According to a local paper, the strike lasted 100 days, and shows should be able to produce between four and eight new episodes before returning to their traditional summer hiatus.

We should expect new episodes for the following shows:

The CSI franchise
The Office
The Law & Order franchise
Criminal Minds
Los
Desperate Housewives
My Name Is Earl
Two And A Half Men
House
ER
Ugly Betty
Grey's Anatomy
Gossip Girl
How I Met Your Mother
Cold Case
30 Rock
Without A Trace
Samatha Who
Boston Legal

The following shows won't have new episodes until the fall, at earliest:

Heroes
Private Practice
Dirty Sexy Money
Chuck
Pushing Daisies

The following shows have apparently been cancelled:

Journeyman
Bionic Woman
Cane
Cavemen
Carpoolers

VanBuren
2008-02-13, 10:33 AM
Darn. I was hoping we'd get some Chuck this spring.

Woofsie
2008-02-13, 11:10 AM
Didn't see Dexter anywahere on that list.. Was it not affected by the strike?

TheRiov
2008-02-13, 11:14 AM
http://www.eonline.com/gossip/kristin/detail/index.jsp?uuid=b163d6b8-3327-49da-b8d8-16696cec775d

Big Bang theory is expected to have 6-7 new episodes in April or May.
The Final episodes of BSG (last 11 episodes) are still up in the air, the first half is completed.

edit: Looks like BSG will get 2 mini seasons but WILL finish the story *phew*

Rare Pink Leech
2008-02-13, 01:51 PM
Didn't see Dexter anywahere on that list.. Was it not affected by the strike?

The paper I took the lists from was only a partial list ... for example, it's not been decided when Prison Break and The Sarah Connor Chronicles will return yet. Also, it looks like all the shows in the lists are network ones, not cable shows like Dexter.

Icewalker
2008-02-13, 01:56 PM
edit: Looks like BSG will get 2 mini seasons but WILL finish the story *phew*

*ahem*
Hallelujah!

Ok I'm done. I still can't believe they put it on such a ridiculously long hiatus...

Woofsie
2008-02-13, 02:15 PM
The paper I took the lists from was only a partial list ... for example, it's not been decided when Prison Break and The Sarah Connor Chronicles will return yet. Also, it looks like all the shows in the lists are network ones, not cable shows like Dexter.

Ah, okay. I'm not American so whether a show is network or cable is pretty much lost on me.

Dumbledore lives
2008-02-13, 02:19 PM
This makes me happy, though it barely effects us. Almost every show here is still catching up to where the American one is so basically no one cared. Still a good thing though.

Green Bean
2008-02-13, 02:42 PM
I'm simultaneously both happy and impatient. On one hand, I'm doing the happy dance for House and The Office, but I still have to wait seven months for Heroes and Chuck.

EvilElitest
2008-02-13, 03:34 PM
wait, who won? what are the result?
from
EE

Midnighter1021
2008-02-13, 03:42 PM
Yay now i can finally stop watching Deal or No Deal!
But I really think that Conan should stop having writers and just do it all himself because after he started writing his own stuff again it have been amazingly funny.

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2008-02-13, 04:06 PM
http://www.eonline.com/gossip/kristin/detail/index.jsp?uuid=b163d6b8-3327-49da-b8d8-16696cec775d

Here's a link I got from IMDB about all the major show's updates.

I'm excited for new episodes, but all the shows that I normally watch (with the exception of CSI and Shark) all have new episodes airing right now for a few weeks. The main ones being Lost and House. I'm definitely looking forward to now Two and a Half Men. I"m hoping for some more episodes of Pushing Daisies yet this year too. That's the new one I'm particularly fond of.

from
EE
Nobody won. The east and west writers guilds voted to go back to work, and will vote on the new contact that was drawn up between the WGA and the producers guild/association later in the month.

Callos_DeTerran
2008-02-13, 04:31 PM
Dexter wasn't affected. I don't know the particulars but they were still doing up the next new season while the strike was going on.

North
2008-02-13, 04:32 PM
Of that canceled list the only one Im dissapointed to see go is Bionic Woman. :smallfrown:

Woofsie
2008-02-13, 04:47 PM
Dexter wasn't affected. I don't know the particulars but they were still doing up the next new season while the strike was going on.

Ah, the writers must have known Dexter was too awesome to be put on hold for something so trivial as a strike.

Callos_DeTerran
2008-02-13, 04:49 PM
Ah, the writers must have known Dexter was too awesome to be put on hold for something so trivial as a strike.

Or that it might spawn serial killers if it was canceled. Very specific serial killers. >.> Not that I'm suggestin' anything.

RTGoodman
2008-02-13, 04:50 PM
Hooray! I've barely been able to function without my NBC Thursday nights ("The Office," "Scrubs," "ER,"* etc).

And I can tell you, I realized about a week ago that I really needed real TV back. How did I come to this realization, you ask? Well, my current favorite show on TV is "American Gladiators." :smalleek: Now, I'll admit it's a good show, but it doesn't not belong in my top spot, where "Dexter," "The Office," and a couple of others belong.

*Note: I don't even like "ER," but I can never seem to make myself stop watching it when it's on. :smallredface:

Hawriel
2008-02-13, 06:07 PM
huh almost all of the shows that are staying I dont care about. They could all be canned and i wouldnt mind. Well I guess I should say dont watch, some are good shows that are not to my taists. ITs to bad that Journeyman is getting canseled it had a thoughtful story and managed time travel in a way that I did not hate. Bionic Women was cool to, if not just for the fact that it had a women for a hero. Oh and that she wasnt a bubble headed teen drama type personality. The rest of the shows I really didnt think would make it beyond the first season any way. Hell most of the shows that are staying I thought would be ended.

Shows like Lost or Smallville are putting out new shows already because the networks held on to the new shows. Lost was supposed to start I think in november. It had a late start date so when the strike was threatened to happen the network just held on to it. I was a good move on their part. When the strike went on for so long they pulled out lost and started the season. Same with Smallvile. This holiday brake was extended.

SpiderMew
2008-02-13, 06:12 PM
Of that canceled list the only one Im dissapointed to see go is Bionic Woman. :smallfrown:

I agree. I was enjoying that show. I only got to watch it online though.
Its unfortuante, if it had more time to build up then im sure it would have been far better then it was now.

Atleast Heros will be back.

Moff Chumley
2008-02-13, 09:11 PM
Yays. Chumley gets THE Daily Show back.

(Also, yay. I'm an Orc.)

Skippy
2008-02-14, 01:27 AM
Yay!!! Heroes will be back!!! Let's hope the next season is better than the last one... Well, almost anything will be better than the last season...

The Extinguisher
2008-02-14, 02:15 AM
I prefered A Daily Show, to be honest.

But there will be new Reaper, which makes everything better.

kpenguin
2008-02-14, 03:43 AM
from
EE

Not a VS. thread, EE:smalltongue:

SilverSheriff
2008-02-14, 03:49 AM

NOOOOO!!!!:smalleek: I'm coming Jack, I'll save you...