PDA

View Full Version : 4E Religion?

DiscipleofBob
2008-02-13, 01:21 PM
What kind of information has been released with regards to religion, gods, divine characters, etc. with 4th edition? Are deity-specific domains still around? I mostly ask because I have the beginnings of a campaign setting in my head that I'm reserving for 4th edition, though the only real thing I've fleshed out is the pantheon and basic world creation mythos.

Zincorium
2008-02-13, 01:32 PM
They're mixing up the Gods A LOT for the core books.

Bane from FR is the big evil dude, Bahamut is in there, I'll see if I can find the rest of it. Essentially they're making a big stewpot so that no matter what official campaign setting you use there'll be some familiar faces, and all the reasonable spots you'd expect have someone in there.

As far as domains as we know them, I doubt it, but they've put out that there are powers specific to certain deities (this may change, though).

DiscipleofBob
2008-02-13, 01:35 PM
Hm...

I was going to come up with a completely different pantheon anyway, but the domain thing kind of disturbs me. I suppose it'll be one less bit of crunch I have to worry about in my setting, but still, being that it's one of the few things I can work on...

Don't want to go too detailed into the setting I have planned just to find out that this or that concept might not work at all.

puppyavenger
2008-02-13, 01:40 PM
Wasn't there abig articleon evil religions on the WOTC si a hile ago?

Mr. Friendly
2008-02-13, 01:47 PM
from ENWorld:

Bahamut- honor, justice, protection
Tiamat- lies, greed, vengeance
Bane- war
Asmodeus- evil, devils
Corellon- magic, eladrin
Sehanine- full moon, elves
Lolth- new moon, drow
Gruumsh- orcs I suppose
Moradin- mining, the forge, created dwarves
Kord- strength, athletics, storms
Vecna- secrets and undead
Pelor- the sun, community, farming
Raven Queen- fate, death, winter
Zehir- night, snakes (originally set)
Torog- mentioned as an evil god
Ioun- knowledge
Avandra- change
Obad-Hai- wilderness
Erathis- civilization
Melora- wilderness

http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=218238&page=1

Morty
2008-02-13, 02:02 PM
Also, in Races&Classes excerpt downloadable from WoTC site it says that gods won't be omnipotent and omnipresent to make it easier for the adventurers to interact with them, and that they'll be removing all dieties whose clerics are unlikely to go on adventuring.

Draz74
2008-02-13, 02:02 PM
The recent halflings article adds "boldness, luck and travel" to the description available for Avandra.