PDA

View Full Version : look to the stars for guidance (master astrologer-esque feat)

Stycotl
2008-02-13, 01:40 PM
Written in the Stars (Feat)
Prerequisites: Knowledge (Arcana) 8 ranks, Knowledge (Planes) 8 ranks, Sense Motive 8 ranks, Knowledge (Nature) 4 ranks, Knowledge (Religion) 4 ranks, Cast 4th level spells, mysteries, or speak 4th level utterances

You know that the history of the universe is written within the cosmos, and that with the proper research and perception, anyone’s secrets and stories can be revealed.

Effect:If you spend 24 hours researching your target, performing ritual auguries and star-readings, casting scrying spells, perusing appropriate histories and genealogies, visiting contacts, visiting places of importance to the target, at the end of the 24 hours you can make a Sense Motive check (DC=15+target creature’s CR) in order to determine its place in the order of the universe. This study requires an expenditure equal to 25 xp and 100 gp multiplied by the creature’s challenge rating. You can determine its zodiac, elemental familiarity, alignment, age, basic history, and true race with a successful roll. If you succeed on the roll by 5 or more, you can also hazard a guess as to its relative power (DM will till you its CR), and lifetime goals.

From now on, you are familiar enough with this creature’s existence that you gain a +1 bonus to caster level checks to defeat any spell resistance that this creature has, and your mysteries, spells, spell-like abilities, utterances, etc gain a +1 DC to saving throws against any creature which you have studied in this manner. The 24-hour study can be integrated into the research time required to learn the Personal Truename of a creature, and a Master Astrologer can make its Zodiac Sense roll during this period as well.

Stycotl
2008-02-13, 01:43 PM
i was thinking of making the bonuses last only until the target gains a hd or cr. but that seemed too complicated for a mere +1 bonus, not to mention costly for the astrologer. so then i thought that every time the target gains a level, it can make a will save or something, and if successful, the astrologer would have to redo its research and sense motive check in order to regain the bonus, but still didn't do it for me.

tell me what you think. thanks. aaron out.

Stycotl
2008-02-25, 01:46 PM
i completely forgot i had already posted this feat. was about to do it again. bumping it to get some response.

whaddya think?

Stycotl
2008-02-26, 12:17 AM
this either means that it is so boring that no one cares, or so broken that everyone is disgusted and is currently in the bathroom puking out their guts, and that is why no one is commenting.