PDA

View Full Version : Ridiculous Opponent: Mad Scientist DJ

Leliel
2008-02-13, 05:34 PM
For a game I plan to run, I endevor to create a group of villains whose "crazy quocient" is at such a level that it would make FOXHOUND wonder exactly what they were smoking.

One of these is Wet Sodium, an accomplished and utterly insane inventor...who moonlights as a rapper and fights using Capoeria (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capoeria) set to techno tunes.

Naturally, I am not aiming towards a serious mood.

So, how would you go about implementing this idea? What sort of inventions should he use that fits with his theme (rap music)? What do you think I should do for his backstory? What should he be wearing?

"Now give an L, I, an E, and double it/ That's the guy who want's you to post it/"

...Is it that obvious that I do not watch MTV?

Severus
2008-02-13, 05:42 PM
I would play off the Vanilla Ice fiasco (google it for wikipedia).

A white suburban guy playing like he's from the 'hood, stealing lyrics left and right.

I'd give him power to steal other super's abilities - all while claiming that he's the original gangsta and those are HIS moves.

Fax Celestis
2008-02-13, 05:47 PM
I would play off the Vanilla Ice fiasco (google it for wikipedia).

A white suburban guy playing like he's from the 'hood, stealing lyrics left and right.

I'd give him power to steal other super's abilities - all while claiming that he's the original gangsta and those are HIS moves.

And then you could bring Freddy Mercury Nickel-Cadmium back from the dead and have him and David Daniel Bowie sue him!

mostlyharmful
2008-02-13, 05:50 PM
Make him fight chimps on ice. Then see who can't touch dis...:smallbiggrin:

Prometheus
2008-02-13, 07:31 PM
Make him a living trap, covered with weapons designed to look like bling and in a room with secret weapons. When he busts his capoeria moves, he in the process breaks wires and pulls levers that send harsh and glitzy attacks at his opponents. When the PCs defeat him, they get access to zany one-time attacks.

For a strategic twist you can make this kind of setup very powerful, except that players could counter it in any of the following ways
-Figuring out the pattern of the traps and using them against the DJ
-Disarming or misfiring the traps on the DJ against him
-Restraining the DJ and making him unable to trigger his weapons

On a similar vein that could be used instead of this, the room is loaded with perfectly timed traps, which get the PCs just about every time but the DJ avoids by bust his capoeria moves in time with the music.

Grug
2008-02-13, 08:42 PM
It wouldn't be too hard to make a disc table that can force will saves or be deafened, cast Irresistable Dance, or require concentration checks on any spells that require verbal components (somatics are unaffected, shake that magic bootay!). Shurikens work too. Or better yet, when the players reach him, use Globe of Inulverability and challenge them to a rap contest.

Worira
2008-02-13, 09:49 PM
Adventure hook: the players hear of a master of the black arts living in the area. When they investigate, they get all cabeçada'd.