PDA

View Full Version : Shards of Siberys - An Eberron webcomic

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Tenshiro
2010-01-06, 10:43 AM
It`s definitely going to be two weeks of cramming.

Hackz asked me to post on his behalf. Although I haven`t witnessed the entire set of events, I was made aware that he had been feeling sick (his eyes would not let him near the computer display)
2o1o started kinda bad for him, he went to the hospital today and the doctor immediately cleared 15 days off work for him. Romanian doctors don`t usually do this. Hackz said he is better now and I believe him.
I`m gonna visit him tomorrow and see how he is and how bad it really is.

Until Hacktor gets back to full working capacity, I`m pulling the hand-brake on Shards of Siberys.

I`ll keep the small yet loyal community posted and I`ll do my best to update the Lore (part II however was linked to #040 so I might have to do something else)

If there ever was a time for support and fan strips, this is it. Hang in there, guys, we`ve been through worst.

Hacktor
2010-01-08, 11:45 AM
If you ever got new glasses you know this feeling... the dizziness and the headache that will not go away as well as an unexplainable sense of "That just ain't right"... That's what I'm feeling now. To add to that... I just got new glasses.:smallfrown:

Overall Feeling a bit better ... Could actually work a bit today... Hope the weekend helps

Hang in there... Incidentally the Q's comic reviews has Shards in the Cross hair. Have fun.

Hacktor
2010-01-09, 09:02 AM
The Q's Comic Review (http://i46.tinypic.com/34s5k5y.png)

There it is... Kinda harsh but, that's how we like it :smallbiggrin:

Hacktor
2010-01-09, 11:58 AM
Feeling better... here's my fancomic for X2.

Strip 014.6 (Fan Strip) - Amber's and Walter's quest for the Arcane Anomaly. (http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k81/Hacktor666/Strip3Guest.png?t=1263056336)

P.S. You really have to read Xartyive2000 comic #025 to get it :smallwink:
[See... it serves another purpose... Advertising]

Kumo
2010-01-10, 07:58 PM
Feeling better... here's my fancomic for X2.

Strip 014.6 (Fan Strip) - Amber's and Walter's quest for the Arcane Anomaly. (http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k81/Hacktor666/Strip3Guest.png?t=1263056336)

P.S. You really have to read Xartyive2000 comic #025 to get it :smallwink:
[See... it serves another purpose... Advertising]

joke was funny =3

Hacktor
2010-01-19, 01:06 AM
Disclamer: Take Two is a nice comic and I like it.
Disclamer 2: The Q's a nice guy, and intitled to his opinions.

So ... take two the webcomic gets a recomandation in the Q's review and is classified as quote:"great comic that inspires great feelings"... :smallannoyed:

...But we get "Don't know if it's worth it". Sometimes I think all the effort I put into the artwork is useless and if i were just to scribble some cr*p down it would be better... I'm not saying shards is the ultimate webcomic (Oots is :smallwink:) but recommending the (as of soon 20 strips) Take Two over Shards makes me think this whole review thing's a little too Subjective for my tastes.

Again... I'm nothing if not disappointed. :smallfrown:

X2
2010-01-19, 01:07 AM
Aww you're your comic is great!

Also, comparing this to Take Two is like apples and oranges isn't it?

Kumo
2010-01-19, 06:00 AM
It's kinda hard (and by that i mean impossible) to have a comic review that isn't subjective.

Green-Shirt Q
2010-01-19, 07:28 AM
Disclamer: Take Two is a nice comic and I like it.
Disclamer 2: The Q's a nice guy, and intitled to his opinions.

So ... take two the webcomic gets a recomandation in the Q's review and is classified as quote:"great comic that inspires great feelings"... :smallannoyed:

...But we get "Don't know if it's worth it". Sometimes I think all the effort I put into the artwork is useless and if i were just to scribble some cr*p down it would be better... I'm not saying shards is the ultimate webcomic (Oots is :smallwink:) but recommending the (as of soon 20 strips) Take Two over Shards makes me think this whole review thing's a little too Subjective for my tastes.

Again... I'm nothing if not disappointed. :smallfrown:

I'm very sorry you feel that way. You pour your heart and soul into these comics and yet something that seems inferior gets a higher recommendation. We've all been there.

But you have to take into account the reason for such things sometimes. I recommend comics based on if any new people wander into the fancomic section and want to know which ones are unique and interesting to read. And wishing no offense to you, sir, your comic hasn't done a heck of a lot to distinguish itself.

Great artwork is great, and I suppose I should've covered it in my review. I apologize for not focusing more on it's positive traits during the comic. I suppose my strict formula of "first panel is witty introduction, second panel is review, thrid panel is critiquing, fourth panel contructive critisism, fifth panel recommendation and sixth panel weird score" is a bit too strict to allow side notes like the ones I'm writing down now. I could've gone on about how the presentation looks really nice and how the characters are pretty well done. I didn't because my complaints seem more important at the time.

However, Shards hasn't seemed to go anywhere from it. The story has been pretty forgettable so far. And a forgettable story is a pretty big complaint. Take Two also has a slow introduction where it doesn't seem like anything happens and he's just taking another random quest he doesn't care about, but I've seen this as a great way to introduce a memerable character and really develop him, and the fact that everything was turned upside down was pretty damn interesting. Yes, the presentation cripples it. But in my view if a story can make you forget about that then it's pretty powerful.

I suppose the artwork in your comic might have put me off. It is great art, don't get me wrong, but it made me expect something more. Perhaps it tainted your review. Take Two's art isn't the best it could be, and perhaps it made me pleasently surprised about it's content. Both of these culd have drastically changed the review, although I myself doubt it. You never know.

The point is, I don't think it's a bad comic. That's why I'm still giving it a chance to distinguish itself. I didn't not recommend it. SO if you just keep the great art and presentation keep going in the same direction and make an interesting story I can rememeber I will rate you higher then Take Two, which only does that latter.

*sigh* Being a critic is so difficult sometimes. At least for me. Real critics never actually get to see the results of what they critisize and can take comfot in the knowledge that their critisizing will not bring the huge multi-million dollar companies to tears. I cannot say that. I am, in reality, critisizing a heartfelt, free service that is somebody's HOBBY. It's pretty difficult when I see that people are disappointed or have hurt feelings. You don't deserve it. Your comic dosen't deserve it. I don't deserve it.

You also have to take into account who I am with this sort of thing. You know how old I am? 16. You know how much experience I've had writing? Two fancomics. Yeah, both were seen as good by a lot of people. I finished both of them! But keep in mind who I am. A regular teenage nerd who is squishy and can not do no wrong.

What I am trying to say is that people like your comic, and nothing I am going to say is going to change that. Do not stop trying. Take what I say into account, but don't obsess over it. Heck yeah, these reviews are subjective.

-Quin Azevedo

X2
2010-01-19, 07:34 AM
I'm very sorry you feel that way. You pour your heart and soul into these comics and yet something that seems inferior gets a higher recommendation. We've all been there.

But you have to take into account the reason for such things sometimes. I recommend comics based on if any new people wander into the fancomic section and want to know which ones are unique and interesting to read. And wishing no offense to you, sir, your comic hasn't done a heck of a lot to distinguish itself.

Great artwork is great, and I suppose I should've covered it in my review. I apologize for not focusing more on it's positive traits during the comic. I suppose my strict formula of "first panel is witty introduction, second panel is review, thrid panel is critiquing, fourth panel contructive critisism, fifth panel recommendation and sixth panel weird score" is a bit too strict to allow side notes like the ones I'm writing down now. I could've gone on about how the presentation looks really nice and how the characters are pretty well done. I didn't because my complaints seem more important at the time.

However, Shards hasn't seemed to go anywhere from it. The story has been pretty forgettable so far. And a forgettable story is a pretty big complaint. Take Two also has a slow introduction where it doesn't seem like anything happens and he's just taking another random quest he doesn't care about, but I've seen this as a great way to introduce a memerable character and really develop him, and the fact that everything was turned upside down was pretty damn interesting. Yes, the presentation cripples it. But in my view if a story can make you forget about that then it's pretty powerful.

I suppose the artwork in your comic might have put me off. It is great art, don't get me wrong, but it made me expect something more. Perhaps it tainted your review. Take Two's art isn't the best it could be, and perhaps it made me pleasently surprised about it's content. Both of these culd have drastically changed the review, although I myself doubt it. You never know.

The point is, I don't think it's a bad comic. That's why I'm still giving it a chance to distinguish itself. I didn't not recommend it. SO if you just keep the great art and presentation keep going in the same direction and make an interesting story I can rememeber I will rate you higher then Take Two, which only does that latter.

*sigh* Being a critic is so difficult sometimes. At least for me. Real critics never actually get to see the results of what they critisize and can take comfot in the knowledge that their critisizing will not bring the huge multi-million dollar companies to tears. I cannot say that. I am, in reality, critisizing a heartfelt, free service that is somebody's HOBBY. It's pretty difficult when I see that people are disappointed or have hurt feelings. You don't deserve it. Your comic dosen't deserve it. I don't deserve it.

You also have to take into account who I am with this sort of thing. You know how old I am? 16. You know how much experience I've had writing? Two fancomics. Yeah, both were seen as good by a lot of people. I finished both of them! But keep in mind who I am. A regular teenage nerd who is squishy and can not do no wrong.

What I am trying to say is that people like your comic, and nothing I am going to say is going to change that. Do not stop trying. Take what I say into account, but don't obsess over it. Heck yeah, these reviews are subjective.

-Quin Azevedo

Did... did you sign your name?

Ho-kay!

Hacktor
2010-01-19, 09:05 AM
Did... did you sign your name?
Ho-kay!

He did... must be serious...

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k81/Hacktor666/222.jpg?t=1263912720 Quin, I tend to agree with you except on these 2 points....

"Take Two also has a slow introduction where it doesn't seem like anything happens and he's just taking another random quest he doesn't care about, but I've seen this as a great way to introduce a memerable character and really develop him"

I took the same approach with my characters... i wanted a memorable way to introduce the rest of the characters in their "natural habitat", then have them do a quest together to see how they interact... It's the same thing :smallsigh:

Also you have to remember that the "good" art and the "good" plot have only been happening for 20 or so comics... that's why I got so mad when you said that TakeTwo's 20 or so comics were better...

So Is this the conclusion ?...

if Shards had crappy artwork and lost the first 25 strips it would have gotten a better review?...

Tenshiro
2010-01-19, 10:38 AM
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/8429/rant.png (http://img33.imageshack.us/i/rant.png/)

I do not now or will ever give an actual damn of what anybody who is not on my friends list thinks of Shards of Siberys.

This webcomic is intended for everybody to read and enjoy if they find enjoyable, that is the only reason why it is made public. We are not trying to get into anyone`s lime-light and we are definitely not trying to get the attention other authors are (no names required).

Further disclaimer: if you`re a reader looking for a comic with stereotypical characters you`ve already seen ten times before, with their backgrounds and side-stories presented in special chapters dedicated to just that, with romantic pairings fanboys and fangirls can discuss over and over again, with villains copy/pasted from the old Cartoon Network shows and with plot twists that will actually make sense before the final strip, please do me and yourself a favor and don`t ever check this topic again.
Shards of Siberys is no longer a simple fan-fiction. It is a tribute, it is an artistic manifestation in motion, it is evolving and just like the realm of Eberron on which it takes place it is alive and fascinating. This is not Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Discworld. S o S, as a final product, will be unable to be compared to anything else because, as previously stated, we do not care what already is out there.

To Quinn: yeah, Hacktor felt offended and I see you`ve already settled that. I don`t actually care, I went through your review and if I remember correctly you wouldn`t even bother to read the Lore pieces I wrote. After reading either one you could have seen that the graphic content would be too explicit through imagery and the length of the work would have taken months to complete.
We were never perfect and we never actually tried to be. All we want is to complete the story and give our characters their epilogue.

X2
2010-01-19, 10:45 AM
To what authors are you referring? I'm paranoid and self-centered enough to think it's me!

Is it me? :smalleek:

Tenshiro
2010-01-19, 10:58 AM
Now which screws in that big ball of yours whispered that one? XD
No, man, it`s not you... The authors I`m talking about are the orcs that give up when they don`t get the thousands of people kissing their bums at strip #001.

Hacktor
2010-01-19, 11:08 AM
not you x2... you have one of the few worthy comics here [subjective opinion]... you have our respect. :smallbiggrin:

Green-Shirt Q
2010-01-19, 03:59 PM
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k81/Hacktor666/222.jpg?t=1263912720 Quin, I tend to agree with you except on these 2 points....

"Take Two also has a slow introduction where it doesn't seem like anything happens and he's just taking another random quest he doesn't care about, but I've seen this as a great way to introduce a memerable character and really develop him"

I took the same approach with my characters... i wanted a memorable way to introduce the rest of the characters in their "natural habitat", then have them do a quest together to see how they interact... It's the same thing :smallsigh:

Also you have to remember that the "good" art and the "good" plot have only been happening for 20 or so comics... that's why I got so mad when you said that TakeTwo's 20 or so comics were better...

So Is this the conclusion ?...

if Shards had crappy artwork and lost the first 25 strips it would have gotten a better review?...

Of course not. :smallannoyed:

First off, it's not quite the same as in Take Two for two reasons. One, you've taken quite a deal longer with it and I have long ceased to care about your characters. You can only hold someone's interest for so long, you see. It comes down to the pace, which I suppose I haven't explained well enough. My attention span is quite a small one. You see, TT's intro of 20 comics was of a faster pace, in my opinion. It had really characterized the one major character andi t didn't even drag out the actual quest before moving on to the real action. It held my attention. And now I want to read more. As opposed to a long quest that I didn't care about and was boring to read. Yeah, it showed how your characters interacted. But surely it didn't need to happen for as long.

Secondly, the great artwork sets us up to greater expectations. Your expectations were high and TT's was low from the start. Both reversed my expectations and were reviewed accordingly. Bad art would'nt have saved your review. A better story developed sooner might have.

I don't really understand your other complaint about "only having a good storty for 20 comics or so". My minimum is ten, and that is how much I feel is enough to grade stories on. 20 good comics are fine, but 20 boring ones aren't. I rate comics on the whole. Everything except for things that aren't in comic form. If you didn't want for me to rate the first 25 comics where almost nothing happens then you should have specified. My opinion was tainted by the boring beginning, and I took that into account in my review.

Hyoumu Yau
2010-01-19, 05:10 PM
Um.... I now I kinda don't belong into this discussion, I don't even have my own comic (I plan to do one, though) and yadda-yadda, but I feel that if I have begun to actually post on GiantITP, I can post my crappy-5-cent, meaning unneeded subjective feedback:

Guys, how old are you? You behave like children from a kindergarden.

Hacktor, do us (at least me) and yourself a favor and don't sink that low. I always, since I started reading Shards of Siberys, respected you as someone who has enough willpower to sit down and actually DO SOMETHING, while I sit down and do nearly nothing. I already let one great comic idea die(well at least I know I probably won't do a comic about it), and I'm about to loose another, while you drew your ideas. But please, don't sink to saying "aw they get a recommendation, but they're cr*ppier than us", because that is basically what you said. I did not read Take Two, but nobody deserves such a disrespectful attitude towards them, and you should have more self respect than that.

@ Tenshiro : If you don't care what other people think, then WHAT THE HELL do you do here? Hacktor posts the comics, he gives you credit. What is the purpose of your account here? To spit people in the face by repeatedly saying them how you cr*p on their opinion? Not cool, dude. Not cool. The purpose of the fanart section is to share your at AND receive criticism. If you can't take it, don't show up here.

We were never perfect and we never actually tried to be. All we want is to complete the story and give our characters their epilogue.
And for that I respect you. But you don't have to be a jerk about it.

@ Q : Ok, I don't know what to criticize, because you basically said yourself that your just a subjective 16-year-old nerd. But what I want to say is: you had your review, you had your chance to criticize, and stop there. As you can see, you can make the situation only more stressed by repeatedly saying things that might insult people. And some people are insulted by your blunt statement about how boring some things are etc. You have to be delicate with people, because you never know how they react and how deep connected they are to they're work (and most people are very vulnerable about critique on they're work)

I want to remind you now, after all the sides hate me for being a jerk (god, settling conflicts is such an ungrateful job!), that I don't hate anybody here and just want to help you, so you stop embarrassing yourself.

And don't forget the following : I am myself just a human who makes mistakes - don't get too disappointed about what an 16-years-old lazy*ss(not the Q, I mean myself) tells you. But sometimes, just sometimes, listen to the younger ones. And be cool :cool:

Kumo
2010-01-19, 05:14 PM
If it makes you feel better your job is still better than mine. I'm just here to break up the action and get alts reserved in RP threads.

Green-Shirt Q
2010-01-19, 05:53 PM
*what he said*

You know what? You're totally right. :smallsmile:

I guess I just didn't want my views to be undermineded, because it sounded that way because of the way he said it, but I realize with your speech that that was pretty damn foolish and stupid because I ALREADY DID THAT MYSELF! :smalltongue:

Thanks. And sorry, Hacks. I just want to say that your comic isn't a bad comic, and with a little bit more it can be amazing. Keep on writing.

Hyoumu Yau
2010-01-19, 05:58 PM
........ (Please delete this message, I've send it accidentally)

Tenshiro
2010-01-19, 06:19 PM
If you don't care what other people think, then WHAT THE HELL do you do here? Hacktor posts the comics, he gives you credit.
Hacktor asked me several times to create an account and introduce myself officially ever since I started my work with S o S back in the #020s strips.
Are you implying that just because my name is credited and because I`m not the bright and cheery and playful chap this forum wants me to be, I should just bugger off?

What is the purpose of your account here?
Both Hackz and I are in college. He has college, a job and a long lasting relationship as well as a web-comic and other minor weekly side-projects. I`m balancing two terminal colleges and continuously trying to find a job before dying of poor health. The purpose of this account is for the case something unexpected occurs, One could say we take shifts in reading the forum threads.

To spit people in the face by repeatedly saying(telling?) them how you cr*p on their opinion? Not cool, dude. Not cool.
Just because you haven`t started on your comic yet, I will not assume that you`ve never created anything in your life. When Mr. the Q politely stated that the Lore section was too long and boring to read, he didn`t strike a chord with me (as stated, I don`t actually care what he thinks). However, it did affect numerous other readers (that are friends of mine and for whom I do deeply care about) who were not only stricken by the remark but believed a certain sense of justice required application.
My rant-reply was at their request, I would have let the whole thing slide.
I`m not currently aware if you have been around this topic long enough to witness my arrival. However, in my first posts I made it quite clear that I indeed am the `not cool` type.

The purpose of the fanart section is to share your a(r?)t AND receive criticism. If you can't take it, don't show up here.
I`m really not quite sorry to disappoint but I was asked to be a part of this and will cease to do so only on Hacktor`s request or on the board banning this account. Regarding the criticism that has been shared to us: it has been received.
However, it is my honest and subjective opinion that it is not entirely valid. I do not blame the author, the product or anyone else for that matter.

Perhaps after Hackz will finish strip #040, he will also post the script for it and some HD fragments he used for the finished product and thus allow the readers to judge for themselves if reader subjective critique indeed equals with the true amount of our work in this project.
With this said, I take my leave of this droll matter, it has been given too much attention.

Shards of Siberys has had no issue with its readers before this simple review. Regarding its future, we can only wait and see..

CrimsonAngel
2010-01-19, 06:26 PM
Woah, what's going on? I just got here.

Hyoumu Yau
2010-01-19, 06:41 PM
When Mr. the Q politely stated that the Lore section was too long and boring to read, he didn`t strike a chord with me (as stated, I don`t actually care what he thinks). However, it did affect numerous other readers (that are friends of mine and for whom I do deeply care about) who were not only stricken by the remark but believed a certain sense of justice required application.

I did not mean The Q's last posts in this thread when I meant ignoring criticizing feedback on your and Hacktor's work, I meant other people who read the comic and give feedback.

Ok, point taken. Maybe I did not knew enough when I started writing the post. Maybe I am a jerk (you didn't say it, it's just my opinion) who likes to play the ... I don't know..."smart one" sometimes?
I just wanted to stop you people before the situation got out of hand (ok, you can't kill yourself through forum posts or something, but still, words can ruin enough things), and because I am very selfish in my wish for people to be more friendly.

Yeah, something like that.... it's hard to write in english when it's nearly 1:00, so sorry if I did any grammatical mistakes etc.

Woah, what's going on? I just got here.

I don't believe you missed much :smallwink:

Green-Shirt Q
2010-01-19, 07:26 PM
Just because you haven`t started on your comic yet, I will not assume that you`ve never created anything in your life. When Mr. the Q politely stated that the Lore section was too long and boring to read, he didn`t strike a chord with me (as stated, I don`t actually care what he thinks). However, it did affect numerous other readers (that are friends of mine and for whom I do deeply care about) who were not only stricken by the remark but believed a certain sense of justice required application.
My rant-reply was at their request, I would have let the whole thing slide.
I`m not currently aware if you have been around this topic long enough to witness my arrival. However, in my first posts I made it quite clear that I indeed am the `not cool` type.

I would just like to point out that I review COMICS. Not Lore Sections.

I didn't say it was too boring. I said I didn't have the attention span. It's not in my job description to read them.

Kumo
2010-01-19, 08:10 PM
{Scrubbed}

:redcloak: Wow. That was surprisingly therapeutic.

Green-Shirt Q
2010-01-19, 08:20 PM
:redcloak: Wow. That was surprisingly therapeutic.

As therapeutic as that might have been, it was hardly nessesary.

The reason they are mad, I think, is not that they got a bad review, but rather the reasoning behind it was unjust. I maintain that it wasn't, but I can certainly see how people can reach that conclusion.

I apologized. As far as I can tell, this arguement is over.

[EDIT] I just caught the sarcasm in that post. :smallredface:

Kumo
2010-01-19, 08:22 PM
As therapeutic as that might have been, it was hardly nessesary.

True enough.

Hacktor
2010-01-20, 01:03 AM
Um.... I now I kinda don't belong into this discussion,
Everybody does...

Guys, how old are you? You behave like children from a kindergarden.
23. Ten's about the same.

But please, don't sink to saying "aw they get a recommendation, but they're cr*ppier than us", because that is basically what you said.
No... I did not... Please don't put words in my mouth. After a brief chat with quin I came to accept what he said about shards... But the way he reviewd Take Two just made me snap.

@ Tenshiro : If you can't take it, don't show up here.
I snapped by posting a lot of questions... That's the way he snaps :smallannoyed:

@ Q :.. and how deep connected they are to they're work
I think that's the reason... We're too connected to shards to take all that was said without question.

But sometimes, just sometimes, listen to the younger ones. And be cool :cool:
It saddens me that to get actual feedback about the comic we have to be arguing over it\the review.

Hacks/Tenshiro, whichever one of you is whining, you asked him to review, it's a risk
It was feedback for a feedback starved comic. As I said ..the review helped us greatly.

Crimson: People are whining about a review they didn't like. go figure.
No.

All in all I would like to end this discussion here before it turns into something worse.

I am sorry.

In other news after today's exam i will have a few days free... expect to see a very late #040. :smallbiggrin:

Kumo
2010-01-20, 05:28 PM
I am sorry.

So am I .

Hacktor
2010-01-23, 06:51 AM
New comic is up.. do you like the new layout.. it maximizes image room :D Remember to press F11 after loading the comic.

Bayar
2010-01-23, 08:07 AM
New comic is up.. do you like the new layout.. it maximizes image room :D Remember to press F11 after loading the comic.

Nice Idea there, with the fullscreen...

Hacktor
2010-01-23, 10:18 AM
Nice Idea there, with the fullscreen...

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k81/Hacktor666/222.jpg?t=1264260826Tenshiro takes credit for that one. :D glad you like it.

Hyoumu Yau
2010-01-23, 11:23 AM
Wow, it's really, really great....:smallwink:

Will the story about how they know each other be written in the Lore, will you just leave it out or will you add it later?

X2
2010-01-23, 12:39 PM
Nice wun! :smallbiggrin:

Hacktor
2010-01-24, 01:17 AM
The storry about how Mael knows Tamara will be written in the lore... I think it's the next Lore piece to come out... of course, that's Tenshiro's decision...

But I would expect it soon :smallbiggrin:

Hacktor
2010-02-22, 05:21 AM
Hy people.. We're still alive but real-life-like-issues are keeping us from writing the comic for some time.

We would like to still keep the hiatus going until further notice because well... nobody said anything here for a looong time...

We will keep going with this... just a bit later ok? We need some off-time from time to time :P

See ya soon :D

Yul
2010-04-05, 09:50 AM
I hope the comic come back soon. :smallsmile:

Hacktor
2010-04-09, 02:04 AM
me 2. :smallsigh:

Hacktor
2010-05-07, 01:53 AM
It seems we may find a site to host Shards of Syberis soon... It will be a gaming\game shop site. When i get the green light we'll probably start to write\draw shards again (tenshiro's aproval pending ;) )

See you then :D

Hacktor
2010-08-19, 02:56 PM
Esteemed readers,
Loyal fans,
Play-grounders,

Friends.

It is with great sadness yet great joy that I bring this announcement to you today. This particular bit of news is two-fold...

First it pains me to tell you that shards of syberis in it's current form is no more. The comic's had it's last breath and although a lot more strips were planned out they shall not be drawn.

Second as one life ends another shall start. It will not be on the Giantitp forums, it will not have stick-figure art, no Eberron rules nor D&D. It will not have dice but it will have an epic storyline.

May Tenshiro and I present to you...
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k81/Hacktor666/ShardzLogoElements.png?t=1282247277

This is an invitation to all our friends here on the Giantitp Forums to help us as folows.
The comic will not be hosted on a web site, instead the comic (at first) will be sent by e-mail to our "subscribers" (it's free and always will be, don't worry) until we deem it worthy of a web-site.

So what do you say?... would you like to see some familiar faces in a brand new world? do you love the way Tenshiro spins Lore like a master... then all you have to do is PM me [or post below] and let me know.

Good night friends, but sleep lightly. because horrors loom around the corners

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k81/Hacktor666/path2831-11-4.png?t=1282246757

Shards is dead.
Long live Shardz.

Mina Kobold
2010-08-19, 03:17 PM
Esteemed readers,
Loyal fans,
Play-grounders,

Friends.

It is with great sadness yet great joy that I bring this announcement to you today. This particular bit of news is two-fold...

First it pains me to tell you that shards of syberis in it's current form is no more. The comic's had it's last breath and although a lot more strips were planned out they shall not be drawn.

Second as one life ends another shall start. It will not be on the Giantitp forums, it will not have stick-figure art, no Eberron rules nor D&D. It will not have dice but it will have an epic storyline.

May Tenshiro and I present to you...
-snip-

This is an invitation to all our friends here on the Giantitp Forums to help us as folows.
The comic will not be hosted on a web site, instead the comic (at first) will be sent by e-mail to our "subscribers" (it's free and always will be, don't worry) until we deem it worthy of a web-site.

So what do you say?... would you like to see some familiar faces in a brand new world? do you love the way Tenshiro spins Lore like a master... then all you have to do is PM me [or post below] and let me know.

Good night friends, but sleep lightly. because horrors loom around the corners

-Snip-

Shards is dead.
Long live Shardz.

Cool idea, I fully support this kind of innovative experimentalism in this young industry.

One day webcomics will be bigger than Television, a world-spanning industry with no big names where everybody helps everybody!

In other words, I'd like to subscribe and help any way I can :smallsmile:

Nageto004
2010-08-19, 03:43 PM
I'll go ahead and subscribe.

Hacktor
2010-08-19, 11:59 PM
Awesome :D.
I actually thought this would get negative feedback (as things that deviate from the norm usually do)

let me say I'm happy to have you aboard.

Eldrys
2010-08-20, 12:07 AM
Awesome! I'll subscribe!

memnarch
2010-08-20, 12:14 AM
Awesome :D.
I actually thought this would get negative feedback (as things that deviate from the norm usually do)

let me say I'm happy to have you aboard.

When does it start?

Hacktor
2010-08-20, 02:37 AM
When does it start?

This is a tricky one. Tenshiro and I have planned the first strip for 20-august-2010... as this is today it seems we'll be a little late.

We are trying to navigate away from simple OOTS art but we did streamline the creation process.

I wouldn't expect it tomorrow, but i will expect it at most 1-2 weeks for now (this also gives people time to "subscribe")

Also peer presure factors in ... with each subscriber we will be hard pressed to release it faster :D

Hacktor
2010-08-20, 02:42 AM
Cool idea, I fully support ... snip ... help any way I can :smallsmile:

I am a big fan of free (even more of open source) material. Software, webcomics, movies etc... it proves that, as a species, we can do selfless things for nothing more than the praise of others.

Bayar
2010-08-20, 04:13 AM
Sign me up !

Allan Surgite
2010-08-20, 06:16 AM
I would like to request a sign-up; will you be sending it directly to my e-mail address, or via PMs? If it's the former, I may have to start looking at my e-mails more often, hahaha.

Hacktor
2010-08-20, 09:50 AM
I will be sending it to the E-mail adress... at first (for some time)

Green-Shirt Q
2010-08-20, 11:05 AM
I don't mean to accuse anybody of anything or spread distrust or anything like that, but am I the only one who is reluctant to give out his E-mail adress to somebody who is essentially a complete stranger on the internet? :smallconfused:

Either way, I'm afraid that I must decline. I liked the Shards, but not really enough that I can't wait for the next comic from the same people to come out on a website and risk giving out my E-mail adress like this. And because I am starting to think something is broken and I am incapable of receiving E-mails anyway.

Tenshiro
2010-08-20, 11:48 AM
... and now I feel like I`m the test dummy in the new car prototype that`s accelerating towards a very solid looking wall.

The new plot is proving to be more bothersome than I`d like it mainly because I have to recreate some of the Eberron and general D&D rules and `core settings` but in a new way. For years people thought Looking for Group was a purely WoW comic and I really do hold myself in a higher esteem than to have people confusing my settings with something else.
The main issues I am having right now is creating a new style of what in Eberron is `the Warforged` and then managing to be able to put it into text so that Hackz can understand what I`m trying to say; constructs aside, I once again find myself in the position where I have to create a new style of magic from literally nothing and then give it a logic and a mechanic in order to make it repeatable...

... and that`s on my end. I`m not gonna say anything more about Hackz trying to find a new art style except that Hackz is trying to find a new art style...

Also, pissed off with Hackz for posting THAT logo since there is so much more I want to do with the Shardz layout before it`s even close to finished.

Hackz, I will smack you over the head with a witch`s broom! And it will be hard! Just you wait until I get my hands on one of those brooms.

This is all I have to say for now. I will return with an Official ``Shardz - Now Alpha Testing`` post the moment I do believe we`re ready for it. Until then, carry on and good luck.

Hacktor
2010-08-20, 02:33 PM
I don't mean to accuse anybody of anything or spread distrust or anything like that, but am I the only one who is reluctant to give out his E-mail address to somebody who is essentially a complete stranger on the internet? :smallconfused:

Either way, I'm afraid that I must decline. I liked the Shards, but not really enough that I can't wait for the next comic from the same people to come out on a website and risk giving out my E-mail adress like this. And because I am starting to think something is broken and I am incapable of receiving E-mails anyway.

Wow you just don't quit do you?

Dude... I've been on these forums since 2005 I've posted shards here ever since and I'm not going to get rich off of (count them) 10-12 e-mail accounts... you've got some paranoia problems buddy.

Did it not at even one time occur to you that people can create new e-mail accounts and send them.. it's like going to a web-site to read the comic... only it's your other e-mail address...

I don't know what prompted you to take a personal vendetta against me or Tenshiro but I had hoped we would not hear from you ever...

Quin... I respect you as a human being, I hope you have only fulfillment in your life from now on but i fear your actions have made me quite cold towards you.

If you do not wish to participate, i respect your choice.. That being said, have a wonderful life and may we never cross paths again.

Hacktor
2010-08-20, 02:36 PM
... and now I feel like I`... snip ...I do believe we`re ready for it. Until then, carry on and good luck.

What can I do? I'm a sucker for attention :smallwink:
Also ..the people deserve to know :))

Mad Mask
2010-08-20, 04:06 PM
If I may ask, what is the purpose from distributing the comic only to those you give you their email address? While seemingly innovative, to me it seems to serve no useful purpose, and will rather prevent you from reaching a larger audience. People who would like to see your webcomic easily won't be able to, because there will not be a publicly available archive that would allow them to decide either to follow the comic or not.

Even if you created a thread in which you publicised this "Shardz", I believe a lot of people who haven't previously seen Shards of Siberys and liked it won't even bother to send their email address. If you, however, decided to host this webcomic here before making your own website, it would allow a significant number of people to view it easily without going threw a system which is, frankly speaking, self-defeating and archaic.

I do not mean to insult, demean, nor belittle both this webcomic and its creators.

Bayar
2010-08-20, 04:11 PM
If I may ask, what is the purpose from distributing the comic only to those you give you their email address? While seemingly innovative, to me it seems to serve no useful purpose, and will rather prevent you from reaching a larger audience. People who would like to see your webcomic easily won't be able to, because there will not be a publicly available archive that would allow them to decide either to follow the comic or not.

Even if you created a thread in which you publicised this "Shardz", I believe a lot of people who haven't previously seen Shards of Siberys and liked it won't even bother to send their email address. If you, however, decided to host this webcomic here before making your own website, it would allow a significant number of people to view it easily without going threw a system which is, frankly speaking, self-defeating and archaic.

I do not mean to insult, demean, nor belittle both this webcomic and its creators.

It is a way to test the comic versus former readers. To see what their reactions to it will be. If they are negative ? No need to publish it, or tweak it out according to the feedback. If it is positive ? They might post it somewhere, and also have a buffer of comics ready on hand for those times updates are hectic.

At least that is my theory...

memnarch
2010-08-20, 04:26 PM

That's what.

Hyoumu Yau
2010-08-20, 04:30 PM
I don't mean to accuse anybody of anything or spread distrust or anything like that, but am I the only one who is reluctant to give out his E-mail adress to somebody who is essentially a complete stranger on the internet? :smallconfused:

1. Well if you don't want why post it?
2. For that reason, I have a e-mail that is (at least now) used only for connection with people and real-life-issues and one for internet stuff like games etc.
3. You give your address out every time you register somewhere and every time you enter it, because in-between your PC and the server, there is always a way to steal information.
4. In the case of a hack you can always make a new one. I have, like , 5 or 6 in total.

Mad Mask
2010-08-20, 04:35 PM
That's what.

Indeed, but wouldn't be able to attain a wider audience, which would later transfer to the independent website, by temporarily hosting it on GiantITP? This would essentially be free publicity, and plus, a larger amount of feedback would also be gathered.

Green-Shirt Q
2010-08-20, 04:57 PM
Wow you just don't quit do you?

Quit what? :smallconfused:

Is this because I gave Shards a less than average review on The Q's Comic Review? Because MY post has nothing to do with that, and I for one even forgot I did that.

Dude... I've been on these forums since 2005 I've posted shards here ever since and I'm not going to get rich off of (count them) 10-12 e-mail accounts... you've got some paranoia problems buddy.

Well excuse me for showing a little bit of concern for my fellow forum-goers. For all I know you could have given up fan comicing long ago to start some advertising ring. For all I know you could have this same game on 50 other forums. For all I know you could be somebody hacked into Hacktor's account (...no name-related irony intended :smalltongue:) and have requested e-mails for some kind of scam. I don't know. I am not accusing you of anything. Those are just realistic possibilities.

I simply was taught by many respected adults not to give away my e-mail adress unless it's for a well-respected company with a good track record, such as Giant In The Playground.

Did it not at even one time occur to you that people can create new e-mail accounts and send them.. it's like going to a web-site to read the comic... only it's your other e-mail address...

It did not occur to me that people may make a new E-mail account to recieve your new comic. Nor did you tell people to until now. If you did tell people to, I did not see where.

I don't know what prompted you to take a personal vendetta against me or Tenshiro but I had hoped we would not hear from you ever...

Quin... I respect you as a human being, I hope you have only fulfillment in your life from now on but i fear your actions have made me quite cold towards you.

If you do not wish to participate, i respect your choice.. That being said, have a wonderful life and may we never cross paths again.

"Personal vendetta"? :smallconfused:

Do you think I have some sort of burning passion to see your despair? That I wear a top hat and a long mustache that I villainously twirl as I try to turn the gullible townsfolk against you?

I don't KNOW you. :smallannoyed:

I shall bring up my concern, perhaps just so you can see how impractical this E-mail plan is (as Mad Mask has already pointed out). And that it is suspicious, and will alienate people like me who, I suppose, have a light case of paranoia.

I would like to emphasize that I have no ill will towards you.

Hacktor
2010-08-21, 04:43 AM

Because it has no place in these forums.. it's neither stick figure(ish) n'or is it a fancomic...

Hacktor
2010-08-21, 04:48 AM
Quit what? :smallconfused:

Is this because... snip ...that I have no ill will towards you.

Dude, you don't need to hate me. And i don't need a reason not to like you :D
I won't lie it has something to do with Shards of Syberis but on some unconscious level.

So if that's settled I wish this subject closed.

Hacktor
2010-08-21, 06:06 AM
... somebody hacked into Hacktor's account (...no name-related irony intended :smalltongue:) and...

Hehe :smallbiggrin: just got that :))

Mina Kobold
2010-08-21, 08:53 AM

Never hurt before :smalltongue:

Now that you mention it I have a question I think you might know the answer to, Q:

What is it they should be able to do with my E-mail? The only thing I can imagine is spam and that I can just delete.

Hacktor
2010-08-21, 10:16 AM
Then again you guys may have a point... i always thought if this isn't a fancomic i can't post it here....

You people that know the rules... Admins and Wanabe admins....

Can i POST a Non-D&D Non-Eberron NON-fancomic NON-oots like fantasy webcomic on these forums?

It would make this whole e-mail thing obsolete....

Mina Kobold
2010-08-21, 10:22 AM
Then again you guys may have a point... i always thought if this isn't a fancomic i can't post it here....

Can i POST a Non-D&D Non-Eberron NON-fancomic NON-oots like fantasy webcomic on these forums?

I do believe that you can post a comic simply because you are a fan of OotS and don't post it anywhere else (Image hosting sites not-withstanding) and a quick rule-check confirms that.

But an admin might know that better.

Bayar
2010-08-21, 11:02 AM

What is a Fan Comic?
For our purposes here, we will define a fan comic as a comic strip that is non-commercial in nature and fulfills one or both of the following criteria:

* It is created in the artist’s best approximation of the signature “Order of the Stick” style—that is, it’s a stick figure comic, OR
* It is a comic posted by a fan of the “Order of the Stick” here on our fan comic forum and not displayed on any other website. (By displayed, we mean visible at a URL, not simply hosted on a server or image-hosting service.)

In other words, it doesn’t need to be OOTS-style, but if it isn’t, it can’t be your regular webcomic that you are just promoting here by mirroring your updates. This isn’t a webcomic hosting site. If you are serious enough about your webcomic to give it its own website, it’s not a fan comic anymore. You should leave the updates/images on your own site and start a discussion thread in the Webcomics forum instead. If it’s an OOTS-style comic, we waive that requirement because any comic using the OOTS style is obviously a fan comic, and is welcome to post here.

As far as non-commercial, we ask that any fan comic posted here also refrain from selling merchandise or accepting donations for their work for as long as you are getting the essentially free advertising of having your updates posted on this forum. If you feel like you have a sufficient readership of your own to warrant such moves, we ask that you stop using the fan comic forum to promote it. Again, you are encouraged to start a thread about it on the Webcomics forum, but please don’t post each update anymore.

Here you go !

Bago!!!
2010-08-21, 11:30 AM
How does one subscribe? 0.o

Mina Kobold
2010-08-21, 11:55 AM
How does one subscribe? 0.o

The method was supposed to be by E-mail but there is currently work going on that might make it pointless to do so.

So we wait and see :smallsmile:

Hacktor
2010-08-21, 02:59 PM
The method was supposed to be by E-mail but there is currently work going on that might make it pointless to do so.

So we wait and see :smallsmile:

Wow ... ya... you guys are right :D... i feel so relieved we won't have to go through the whole e-mail thing...

Nice ... :D expect strip 1 soon-ish (12-24 hours if i have my way :smallbiggrin:)

Tenshiro
2010-08-21, 06:58 PM
expect strip 1 soon-ish (12-24 hours if i have my way)

He won`t. (have his way)

Hacktor
2010-08-21, 11:57 PM
He won`t. (have his way)

I wouldn't have it any other way. :smallwink:

Hacktor
2010-08-24, 02:35 PM
I have to say it's progressing, but, we won't have a comic up soon ....

We've waited so long for this another week's not going to kill you :D
As always ... we favor quality over quantity...

Hang in there...

Mina Kobold
2010-08-24, 02:56 PM
I have to say it's progressing, but, we won't have a comic up soon ....

We've waited so long for this another week's not going to kill you :D
As always ... we favor quality over quantity...

Hang in there...

We can wait :smallsmile:

Mad Mask
2010-08-24, 03:04 PM
Hey Tenshiro, I was wondering, what's up with you and those accents (`) you place in place of apostrophes?

Hacktor, take your time. I would suggest preparing a buffer of several comics, so you won't so easily suffer from Schedule Slip.

Tenshiro
2010-08-24, 04:19 PM
Consider a sort of trademark. I`m left handed but that`s not the actual reason I use it. Once I started writing for lots of things at once, I began using it as a way to tell what part of walls of text was written by me and what was edited so I could convert it later on.

For paid texts I do use ' and ",the key isn`t broken or something. But for anything that`s my text and is casual I use the grave accent. For a small time I also used ~ instead of a normal hyphen but I decided that looked too `dandy`.

It bothers a lot of people but I generally have some words of wisdom in the line of `get over it`. I`ll just be a stubborn ass and keep using my apostrophe replacement even though it looks cooky in speech bubbles.

Hacktor
2010-08-25, 02:14 AM
...even though it looks cooky in speech bubbles.

Inkscape when using comic sans MS makes " a few pixels wide and the character ____`____ this wide.

checking back soon :D

Hacktor
2010-08-28, 11:34 AM
Mad Mask = wise....

Buffering :D ...

Mina Kobold
2010-08-28, 01:12 PM
Mad Mask = wise....

Buffering :D ...

Well, they do say ...Buffering... that the line between ...Buffering... madness and genius is pretty thin :smalltongue:

Marnath
2010-09-07, 01:14 PM
Hey guys, I was just wondering something. I see your Amber avatar and was wondering if there's one of Tabard from #24? He looks cool and it would be perfect for me, so I figured I'd ask. No harm in asking right? :smallsmile:

Hacktor
2010-09-15, 05:29 AM
Hey guys, I was just wondering something. I see your Amber avatar and was wondering if there's one of Tabard from #24? He looks cool and it would be perfect for me, so I figured I'd ask. No harm in asking right? :smallsmile:

it would be an honor...

please send me the details via Pm (pose, etc..) and i would be glad to hand him over :smallbiggrin:

Hacktor
2011-01-08, 06:04 AM
Hy Friends...

The Shards of Syberis archive has moved to www.direbunny.net

If you would like to read them again while we work on Shardz you can find them there... feel free to comment.

It feels good to have a web-site :) but the amount of work one needs to put into it is colossal.

Hope we have a lot of support form you guys :D

~And please excuse the mess... we're still working on the website~

Mina Kobold
2011-01-08, 03:31 PM
Ooh, progress O.o

Just kidding, the website looks great fro a new website and the about page is most groovy.

A shame I can't find a picture of DireBunny itself, are there any yet? The about page talks about it being a mascot and most mascots can be seen.

Well, except the Invisibles Anonymous mascot. :smalltongue:

Hope to see more from you guys. :smallsmile:

Hacktor
2011-01-08, 03:43 PM
Of course i have it drawn ... he's just waiting for people to take a seat to show himself...

Very well noted... The site is amateurishly done because we are still amateurs. :)) but as the views come in so will the content...

So again ..we're not getting payed to do this and our lifeblood is viewers... know someone who might enjoy the comic... send him a link...

We are forever gratefull

Hacktor
2011-01-14, 03:00 PM
New strip of "Shards of Siberys" is up.

No kidding, for real this time

Well, It's official, no more hiatus, no more "We'll do it after we do this..." We're officially back on track... Wish us Luck.

The comic updates at The Dire Bunny's Lair (www.direbunny.net) (or just click on my sig)

Mina Kobold
2011-01-14, 03:15 PM
Is that... Threeshades?!

Durnag he's popular! :smalleek:

I better get to do some actual work so I can once get a meaninhless cameo!

*Badass explosion-behind-me effect.*

Bayar
2011-01-14, 06:16 PM
I wish Toilet Paper would appear more from now on :biggrin:

And yes, I will still read it, even though I don't really post alot.

Hacktor
2011-01-14, 07:03 PM
Very glad to hear the work's all for naught :D ... as long as you keep reading them we'll keep making them. :smallsmile:

Hacktor
2011-01-17, 01:29 PM
Shards of Siberys strip #41 is now uploaded.

Lucky needs a defrag and Lizzie has some awesome new clothes. Read all about it: The Dire Bunny's Lair (http://shardz.direbunny.net/) :smallsmile:

tynger1234
2011-01-17, 07:52 PM
761 days? wow, looks like someone is outdated

HalfTangible
2011-01-17, 10:40 PM
... Final? D=

Mina Kobold
2011-01-18, 02:20 AM
Yay! Lucky is back!

So I assume they haven't been on that quest they got from the dwarf yet?

Hacktor
2011-01-18, 04:28 AM
Yay! Lucky is back!

So I assume they haven't been on that quest they got from the dwarf yet?

It's being covered in 2-3 strips if not the next one :D. All shal be revealed in time. :smallwink:

Hacktor
2011-01-18, 04:46 AM
... Final? D=

Your question has just been answered in the comments section of the strip to witch it applies (http://shardz.direbunny.net/?p=81#comment-8)

Feel free to ask your questions there as well from now on.

tynger1234
2011-01-18, 04:20 PM
... the dire bunny reminds me of the rabbit from Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Hacktor
2011-01-19, 02:47 AM
... the dire bunny reminds me of the rabbit from Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Well, although it would seem like it would have some connection, it doesn't... The dire bunny was suppose to be the cutest thing I could find to fit that particular joke...

We liked it enough that we decided to name our website "direbunny" :smallbiggrin:

(Edit: we must one day try to incorporate the Bunny Joke from Monty python into a strip... either that or find Lizzie weighs as much as a duck)

Bayar
2011-01-19, 04:02 AM
Dire chiuwawa's ?

Hacktor
2011-01-19, 04:17 AM
Dire chiuwawa's ?

Well... no... somehow whenever i think of a chihuahua's i get the visual image you get if you google image "ugly chihuahua" ... not a pleasant visual in any way.

Marnath
2011-01-19, 01:54 PM
Shards of Siberys strip #41 is now uploaded.

Lucky needs a defrag and Lizzie has some awesome new clothes. Read all about it: The Dire Bunny's Lair (http://shardz.direbunny.net/) :smallsmile:

:smallsmile:

Awesome! Do you by chance have a fix on how many strips it'll take to wrap up shards of siberys? It'll be nice to see it revived if you're going to the end rather than just sort of wrap it up quickly to make way for shardz.

Hacktor
2011-01-20, 06:39 AM
:smallsmile:

Awesome! Do you by chance have a fix on how many strips it'll take to wrap up shards of siberys? It'll be nice to see it revived if you're going to the end rather than just sort of wrap it up quickly to make way for shardz.

Tenshiro might kill me if i tell you ... but ... at the rate of a minimum of 1 strip per week we'll probably be still drawing Shards of Siberys bu this time next year at least... so no worries there...we'll end it right... not just a swift sumarry.

Hacktor
2011-01-24, 08:50 AM
Shards of Siberys has been updated.
Hope to see you at The Dire Bunny's Lair (http://shardz.direbunny.net).

Hacktor
2011-01-31, 10:06 AM

The Dire Bunny's Lair (http://shardz.direbunny.net).
See you Monday with another strip.
Thursday with another blog entry.

Hacktor
2011-02-07, 04:59 PM

Hope to see you at The Dire Bunny's Lair. (http://shardz.direbunny.net) :D

Hacktor
2011-02-14, 08:43 AM

This Time it's a short Intermission
Happy Valentine's Day!

The Dire Bunny's Lair. (http://shardz.direbunny.net) :D

Hacktor
2011-02-22, 05:10 AM
Shards of Siberys has been updated
From now on we post a comic on Tuesday and a Blog on Friday.

see you at The Dire Bunny's Lair (shardz.direbunny.net)

Hacktor
2011-03-01, 12:29 PM
Hey Guys ....

Shards of Syberis was updated.
The Dire Bunny's Lair (http://shardz.direbunny.net)

mastermind
2011-03-08, 07:55 AM
Yay!

Keep on posting these updates, or I'll forget to look.

Hacktor
2011-03-10, 05:53 AM
Sorry I missed one.
I'll continue to post here as well.
Updated with Splash Page.
DireBunny's Lair (http://shardz.direbunny.net/)

Come to think of it it's about time I changed my avatar :smallfrown:
< ---- Kassadin will have to do for now...

Hacktor

tynger1234
2011-03-11, 05:31 PM
Yay, more updates!

And Hack, awesome avatar by the way

Akrim.elf
2011-03-12, 09:52 AM
i found new interesing comics!
recomended... recomended.. ah! here is this button... *click*

Hacktor
2011-03-12, 01:40 PM
thx but avatar's not mine :D, i'ts Kassadin from League of Legends (free advertising riot :P )

Now that's more like it ... Lizzie :P

And thank you for recommendations :P

Marnath
2011-03-15, 12:27 AM
Are you guys ok? Haven't heard from you since the splash page went up. I realize it's only been like a week but I just thought I'd ask. :smallsmile:

Hacktor
2011-03-15, 02:14 AM
It has been updated (in more ways than one :smallamused:)

Dire Bunny's Lair (http://shardz.direbunny.net/)

Hacktor
2011-03-15, 02:17 AM
Are you guys ok? Haven't heard from you since the splash page went up. I realize it's only been like a week but I just thought I'd ask. :smallsmile:

We're OK but Tenshiro's got a lot of studying to do (something about a 50 page paper due in a few days) ... he did promise to post all the missed blog entrys soon.

We appreciate your concern :smallbiggrin:

Hacktor
2011-03-22, 07:55 AM
Click here (shardz.direbunny.net) or the big blue thing below -------V
Receive Comic
PROFIT!?!
---------------
[comic's up :smallwink:]

Hacktor
2011-03-30, 02:05 PM
Due to unexpected Hardware difficulties Shards of Syberis is put on hiatus... have patience.

Mina Kobold
2011-04-01, 04:15 PM
Can't I have distraction instead? I'm much better at tha-Ponies!

*Chases ponies*

Hacktor
2011-04-02, 07:34 AM
Ponies? Where?!!.... :smallbiggrin:

Hacktor
2011-04-05, 02:59 AM
It's all been settled, i got my new hardware and it seems to be working great :D ...

on a related note, Shards of Siberys has been updated... check it out
The Dire Bunny's Lair (http://shardz.direbunny.net)

Mina Kobold
2011-04-06, 10:00 AM
I thought it was Siberys? Did they break more stuff? :smalltongue:

Quite interesting, I really want to know more about this story and what happened while he was out.

Curs eyou for being so good at this!

Hacktor
2011-04-09, 04:07 PM
I thought it was Siberys? Did they break more stuff? :smalltongue:

Quite interesting, I really want to know more about this story and what happened while he was out.

Curs eyou for being so good at this!

Fixed that .... as for the storry, i'm impressed, Tenshiro's good at this... can't wait for him to have more time to dedicate to the Direbunny.

Hacktor
2011-04-11, 02:39 PM
Strip 51 will be posted tomorow.. in the meantime I wanted to try recording myself making the strip... (so by the end you get the strip 1 way early) :smallwink:

Actual speed so don't watch it unless you are reallllllllllly bored (total of seven 10 minute videos)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kev6t5-4gRs

Parts 1 and 2 in particular would be a lot of help for people wanting to get into Oots-style comic/avatar making.

See you tomorow :P

HalfTangible
2011-04-11, 06:10 PM
What program did you use for the text in your browser? :smallconfused: or if it's word, what's that 'googledocs' thing?

Hacktor
2011-04-12, 12:41 AM
Shards of Siberys has been updated http://shardz.direbunny.net/
Tried to make it a bit more clearer, hope it helped a bit.

Hacktor
2011-04-12, 12:43 AM
What program did you use for the text in your browser? :smallconfused: or if it's word, what's that 'googledocs' thing?

So that's "Google Docs"... :))... Google Docs is a nice application by the Good folks at Google ... It's like a Word file on a remote server... Me and Tenshiro can edit it at the same time.

More Here (https://docs.google.com) (did i mention it's free and you can upload your old DOC files for free)

Hacktor
2011-05-24, 12:48 AM
Shards of Siberys News has been posted in comic format.
The Direbunny's Lair (http://shardz.direbunny.net/comic/intermission-2/)

Hacktor
2011-05-27, 04:00 AM
Posted another Intermission while I work on the next strip :)
Put your cursor here and apply presure... (http://shardz.direbunny.net/comic/intermission-yet-again/)

Hacktor
2011-05-31, 11:59 AM
Finally back to good old normal-style-strips.
Right now the website's a bit ...well... down ..but it will be back up

Then you could click here (http://shardz.direbunny.net/) and go see the last strip :P

Teutonic Knight
2011-06-01, 03:29 AM
How did you record yourself so cleanly? On the Youtube videos, I mean.

Hacktor
2011-06-01, 12:36 PM
How did you record yourself so cleanly? On the Youtube videos, I mean.

If you mean picture quality.. it's HD recording (new PC :D) so i don't have to lower the framerate... it's actually fluid. :D [in the video file you can read the text... on youtube you can't] dunnow why :(

If you mean the discipline of a few years of perfecting the style... I'm just kidding ..couldn't finish that with a straight face :) ... i'll assume you meant picture quality :P

Teutonic Knight
2011-06-01, 01:06 PM
Sorry then, what did you record with to get such good quality was what I meant to ask.

Hacktor
2011-06-01, 03:03 PM
A simple google search gets you this gem of a free piece of software
http://camstudio.org/

That's what I used... but I'm still searching for better software so the text can be read.

Hacktor
2011-06-07, 12:10 AM
The Bunny (http://shardz.direbunny.net/) has a new strip to chew on...

Mina Kobold
2011-06-07, 06:51 PM
Ouch. Looks like somebody needs some anti-grumpiness coffee.

Not entirely sure who, though, caffeine is very addictive. :smalltongue:

Hacktor
2011-06-08, 01:40 AM
Trust me, no ammount of coffe could bring that grumpiness down... :)

Hacktor
2011-06-14, 04:21 PM
You know the drill by now... :smallbiggrin:
Click Here for Direbunny (http://shardz.direbunny.net)

Hacktor
2011-06-20, 03:11 PM
Shards of Syberis was updated
The Dire Bunny's Lair (http://shardz.direbunny.net/)

Hacktor
2011-06-28, 12:46 AM
A strip was posted... a bad reference was made
Check it out.... here (http://shardz.direbunny.net/)

HalfTangible
2011-06-28, 12:56 AM
It's spelled Corps (though it's pronounced core for some reason =/)

Mina Kobold
2011-06-28, 10:10 AM
Pronounced as it's spelled in Danish, though. So it could be an ancient loanword. But are you sure the Core isn't the name of an undead collective in Ebberon? Wouldn't surprise me. :smallsmile:

Also, I believe Scrödinger's immortal would be the result of using that sword on one. :smalltongue:

Hacktor
2011-06-29, 08:30 AM
It's spelled Corps (though it's pronounced core for some reason =/)

Tenshiro will pay :smallfurious: *Whip crack*

Seriously now... i'll change it when i get home :D nice eagle-vision there HT :D

Hacktor
2011-06-29, 08:33 AM
Pronounced as it's spelled in Danish, though. So it could be an ancient loanword. But are you sure the Core isn't the name of an undead collective in Ebberon? Wouldn't surprise me. :smallsmile:

Also, I believe Scrödinger's immortal would be the result of using that sword on one. :smalltongue:

1. Nope, he's right it's a misspell :)

2. Scrödinger's immortal. :smallamused: You win 1(one) internet :) best answer so far :))

LeoMidori
2012-04-02, 09:51 AM
I'm uncertain as to why, but your links to Dire Bunny don't seem to yield any results for your comic. D:

Marnath
2012-04-02, 07:18 PM
I'm uncertain as to why, but your links to Dire Bunny don't seem to yield any results for your comic. D:

That's because they took it down more than 3 months ago. It hadn't updated for about 6 months before that. Also, holy thread-necromancy Batman! :smalleek: