PDA

View Full Version : Outsider campaigner

Rift_Wolf
2008-02-14, 03:06 AM
In our current game we have to put out several fires at once; A pirate armada is sailing towards our port, while the election is going on between a CG woman and a LN guy who wants to enslave some primitive tribes (Guess who we have to back), as well as fight a t-rex so we can get our ship back to fight the pirates at sea. The party has come to a decision; the bard and paladin stay in the town to campaign for the good guys in the election, as they have maxed-out diplomacy (The bard has something stupid like +35 to diplomacy) while the rest of us have laughable charisma deficits, and therefore will go to fight the t-rex and get our ship back. However, before we leave, I had the idea of using lesser planar binding to get an outsider to help with the campaign; a lot of outsiders have good diplomacy and charisma, so the check should be easy. The criteria for which outsider is as so;
1) Less than 6HD
2) Good, preferably Chaotic Good (Evil outsiders may backfire, and we don't have much luck with evil outsiders)
3) Humanoid (I don't think a glowing orb is going to be as trustworthy to the common folk)
4) If something goes wrong, we can subdue it (I'd rather not get into the habit of killing Good outsiders)
5) Must have good Charisma/high Diplomacy skill (Has to make at least a DC20 Diplomacy check to win votes)

The best fit I've found so far is the Coure from Book of Exalted Deeds, if I could convince the DM that my character has researched and found the name of an advanced version (6HD), and convincing it to perform a Chaotic Good task shouldn't be too difficult as it's alignment would be the same as mine and the task.

Does anyone else have good suggestions?

Kristoss
2008-02-14, 03:25 AM
I suggest the Bralani (MM p.93). Has exactly 6HD and is always CG. They are described as short stocky elves.

Rift_Wolf
2008-02-14, 07:46 AM
Sorry, missed out the most important criteria. ^edit^
I looked at Bralani, but their Diplomacy is too low; plus they're described as feral and wild. Somehow I don't think that would work in an election campaign.