PDA

View Full Version : divine feats

riddles
2008-02-14, 06:27 AM
i've read a lot about divine metamagic and how powerful it is, but rarely see much about other divine feats.

divine vigor looks pretty good (but i'm not sure how long it lasts) and divine armour would be great if it lasted more than 1 round.

are any of the other divine feats worth taking?

Amiria
2008-02-14, 06:32 AM
I also like Divine Fortune (PHB2; improves a saving throw by +4 as an immediate action)

and

Divine Spell Power (CD; improve caster level with a turning check as a free action, good to overcome spell resistance and downright deadly with Holy Word and its relatives)

Sacred Vitality and Spurn Death's Touch (both LM) can be livesavers, but might only be worth it in a campaign that's crawling with undead.

Keld Denar
2008-02-14, 07:04 AM
I'm a huge fan of Divine Might. It works well into so many high cha builds. My current character is a paladin/crusader/ruby knight vindicator, and is nabbing Divine Might at level 6, shortly after he gains the turn undead feature. Its great for burst damage, combine with smite and 2handed power attack (PA is a prereq).

I've also seen it used effectively in cleric archer builds. PA usually isn't a feat taken by many archers, but if you can nab it, and Divine Might, you can pump out some silly damage on a multishot or rapid shot volley.

The problem with most divine feats is that they take standard actions to activate, and are pretty underwhelming for the cost of that action. Divine Might is a non-action. Just zip and rip!

daggaz
2008-02-14, 07:26 AM
Divine ward is also useful. Burn a turn attempt to ward another PC (or NPC), allowing you to cast touch spells on them at short range instead for the next 24 hours. Great for low cha clerics who only have one or two turn attempts they never use anyhow. Cast on the weakest link in the party, or better, cast it on your tagteam melee buddy.

RTGoodman
2008-02-14, 08:39 AM
I've also seen it used effectively in cleric archer builds. PA usually isn't a feat taken by many archers, but if you can nab it, and Divine Might, you can pump out some silly damage on a multishot or rapid shot volley.

I don't know about Divine Might (where is that at? CDiv?), but unless it changes anything, you can't use Power Attack with a ranged weapon.

Benefit: On your action, before making attack rolls for a round, you may choose to subtract a number from all melee attack rolls and add the same number to all melee damage rolls.
(Emphasis mine)

Unless this Divine Might just gives you obscene damage in general, and that's what you were referring to.

daggaz
2008-02-14, 11:08 AM
Power attack is just a prerequisite for Divine Might (which is what he already stated). You can use Divine Might itself (charisma to atk bonus i think it is, complete divine) with archery no problem, it doesnt directly involve PA.

Keld Denar
2008-02-14, 12:04 PM
I don't know about Divine Might (where is that at? CDiv?), but unless it changes anything, you can't use Power Attack with a ranged weapon.

You aren't PAing with a ranged weapon. You are mearly taking PA as a prereq for Divine Might. You might also take it as a prereq for Brutal Throw, a ranged PA move.

Unless this Divine Might just gives you obscene damage in general, and that's what you were referring to.

DM grants +cha to damage. For a cleric optimized for it, you are adding str and cha to each attack, which can add up a bit with an archer. I've seen a cleric with a bow with Exit Wounds pump out about 300 damage in a round amongst several targets using Divine Power, Divine Favor, Divine Might, and a high rated composite bow with a rapid shot while hasted. Its was pretty scary.

Oh, and agree with above, Divine Ward is pretty much amazing for a low mobility cleric (one in full plate). Stupid fighter types are always charging into trouble and gettin smashed. This feat makes that a little more tolerable.