PDA

View Full Version : 0 LA evil outsider

Feralgeist
2008-02-14, 11:13 AM
Is there any way to get a +0 LA outsider with the evil subtype
Emphasised cause mere alignment isn't enough....
if that isn't possible, what's the lowest ECL evil outsider someone could be to qualify for Fiend of Possession PrC (Fiend folio)

JungeonJeff
2008-02-14, 11:29 AM
Gah, hate being away from my books...

-I believe that in the very same book, there is an evil outsider (yes, including subtype), starting with about 2HD, and +1LA. They reign from the Far Realm, and use a sort of selfproducesed armour/shell, to keep them from interacting with the (to them) harmfull Material Plane. I think thats the best I have found, but there might be other possibilities, such as obscure templates (Divine Minion stc.) that let you pull this off earlier. I'll wait for the pro's to dazzle us.

Person_Man
2008-02-14, 12:28 PM
The only +0 LA Outsider race is Neraphim (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/iw/20040613a&page=2), but sadly they don't have the Evil subtype.

The closest thing I can think of that would suit your needs are Narzugon or Harvester Devils from the Fiend Folio II, which are evil outsiders with +4 LA.

Reinboom
2008-02-14, 12:54 PM
Your best bet would be the Kaorti from the fiend folio.
2 Hit Die, +2 LA.
-4 Str, +4 Dex, +4 Int, +6 Cha.

However, while on the material plane they have to wear a "resin suit" or make a fort save vs taking subdual damage each hour.

You might be able to convince your DM of letting you use the Manual of the Planes githyanki, which... are outsider (evil). However. MotP is 3.0 (even though it did get an update, see the wizards site) and had no 'level adjustment system'. So, how to take it is weird.

Other than those two...
the Dretch is also 2 hit die, +2 LA. I highly recommend against using it, however.

As for class, I recommend the Beguiler (Player's Handbook 2) for getting the last +2 Will save, the skill points (and having both know arcana and hide as skills), and since you get an int bonus from the Kaorti.
This would mean, you get in to Fiend of Possession immediately after ECL 5.

The Beguiler also has the benefit of grabbing you access to the Fiend of Corruption for when you are finished with your (already overpowered) Fiend of Possession levels.

If you want to really push the Fiend of Possession, however, you might want to find a way to make sure it gets immunity to mind affecting spells and abilities. (Its most significant weakness).

:smallsmile:

=edit=
Dragon Magazine #327
Diaboli - on page 62 - are a LA +0 Outsider (Chaotic) race.
You can use Divine Minion (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mb/20050209a) to tack on a +1 LA and change the Chaotic in to Evil.

I think that would be the fastest you can get the Evil subtype.

Aquillion
2008-02-14, 02:52 PM
The only +0 LA Outsider race is Neraphim (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/iw/20040613a&page=2), but sadly they don't have the Evil subtype.

The closest thing I can think of that would suit your needs are Narzugon or Harvester Devils from the Fiend Folio II, which are evil outsiders with +4 LA.Is there a +0 template that gives the Evil subtype? Would that work with Neraphim?

shadow_archmagi
2008-02-14, 03:09 PM
Gah, hate being away from my books...

-I believe that in the very same book, there is an evil outsider (yes, including subtype), starting with about 2HD, and +1LA. They reign from the Far Realm, and use a sort of selfproducesed armour/shell, to keep them from interacting with the (to them) harmfull Material Plane. I think thats the best I have found, but there might be other possibilities, such as obscure templates (Divine Minion stc.) that let you pull this off earlier. I'll wait for the pro's to dazzle us.

Am I the only one who immediately thinks of daleks?

SilverClawShift
2008-02-14, 03:40 PM
Book of Vile Darkness

The Mane

Though it's hardly a decent player character. -8 to all mental stats and no physical boosts. Small size, Small outsider with the Evil and Chaotic subtypes.

Person_Man
2008-02-14, 04:44 PM
Is there a +0 template that gives the Evil subtype? Would that work with Neraphim?

Not that I can think of.

Though in some campaign worlds (I think Ravenloft, and maybe FR?) Undead will always have the Evil subtype. Though obviously that depends on the world your DM is running in, you can get the Undead type via Necropolitan or something similar quite easily.

Fax Celestis
2008-02-14, 06:08 PM
=edit=
Dragon Magazine #327
Diaboli - on page 62 - are a LA +0 Outsider (Chaotic) race.
You can use Divine Minion (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mb/20050209a) to tack on a +1 LA and change the Chaotic in to Evil.

I think that would be the fastest you can get the Evil subtype.

Diaboli are in the Dragon Magazine Compendium too. Doesn't stop them from sucking, though.

Chronos
2008-02-14, 10:42 PM
If you want to really push the Fiend of Possession, however, you might want to find a way to make sure it gets immunity to mind affecting spells and abilities. (Its most significant weakness).Third Eye: Conceal (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/items/universalItems.htm#conceal). Pricey, but worth it.

Reinboom
2008-02-15, 12:10 AM
Diaboli are in the Dragon Magazine Compendium too. Doesn't stop them from sucking, though.

Just noticed they have an LA of +1 in the dragon magazine compendium... which... I don't see in the dragon magazine itself...

Why did they tack that on? :smallconfused:

Yep. That means that the Kaorti are once again the best option for Fiend of Possession, I believe.

Book of Vile Darkness

The Mane

Though it's hardly a decent player character. -8 to all mental stats and no physical boosts. Small size, Small outsider with the Evil and Chaotic subtypes.

The Mane are also in the Fiendish Codex 1. And I don't see a level adjustment describing them as a playable race there. :smallconfused:

AtomicKitKat
2008-02-15, 09:19 PM
I thought there were Bladelings or something, from MM2 or 3, which were like 1 HD with +4 LA. My mistake. They are Lawful, not Evil.:smallfrown: