PDA

View Full Version : Need help for a homebrewed construct

Szilard
2008-02-14, 08:01 PM
I am homebrewing a construct and for the cost of materials I don't know how much wood costs. If someone knows, could you please post and express it in a gp per pound or gp per cubif foot format?

Szilard
2008-02-15, 11:32 AM
The Construct in question:
Szideburn
Large Construct
Hit Dice:3d10+30
Speed:60 ft. (12 squares)
Armor Class:15 (-1 size, +3 Dex, +3 natural), touch 12, flat-footed 12
Base attack/Grapple: +2/+11
Attack:Sling +3 range (1d6/x2), or gore +5 melee (1d8)
Full Attack:2 gores +5 melee (1d8)
Space/Reach:10ft/5ft
Special Attacks:Poison, trample
Special Qualities:Construct traits
Saves:Fort +0, Ref +3, Will +3
Abilities:Str 20, Dex 16, Con ---, Int ---, Wis 17, Cha 7
Skills:---
Feats:---
Enviornment:Any
Organization:Solitary or pair
Challange Rating:2
Treasure:None
Alignment:Always Neutral
Advancement:4-6(Large); 7-10(Huge)
Level Adjustment:---
This Automation looks like a wooden spider with four legs and three arms. One has a goring tool on the end, the other two shoot bullets out of a sling and loaded.
This Construct has a wooden body with its three appendages, the goring one in the front, and the sling related ones in the back. It also has 4 legs ending at a point and two back-up legs tucked away underneath its body. A szideburn is eight feet long and can't speak.
Combat
Szideburns were almost made for combat, in reality they are, with 2 weapons, poison and quick speed.
An opponent can make sunder attempts against its legs as if they were weapons. A leg has hardness 5 and hp 2. As a free action, a szideburn can use its spare leg in case if one breaks. When there is only one leg on one side of the body, the szideburn can only moze at half its speed. If there are no more legs on one side, or only one leg on both sides, a szideburn can only drag itself 10 feet as a move action. One or no legs mean that a szideburn cannot move untill repaired.
Poison(Ex):A szideburn typically has 5d4 doses of poison in the goring appendage. On a successful attack with a gore, the victim of the gore is poisoned. Barring a DC 11 Fortitude save, the poison deals 1d6 constitution damage, and 1d6 constitution damage one minute later, again barring a successful fortitude save.
Trample(Ex):A szideburn can run over a medium or smaller creature as a full round action dealing 1d6+7 bluedoning damage. A DC 12 reflex save halves the damage dealt by a trample rounded down. A Trample can only deal Damage to each creature once per round.
Construction

BisectedBrioche
2008-02-15, 12:03 PM
I don't think that there's an official price for wood. However a torch is mosly wood and it costs 1cp, so I'd put normal wood at 2cp per cubic foot.

Caracol
2008-02-15, 12:33 PM
Just go in the forest and chop some lumber.

Szilard
2008-02-16, 05:51 PM
I updated the Stats Block and will soon fill in the rest and make a picture.

Szilard
2008-02-17, 07:18 PM
On some monsters in the combat section describing special attacks and such, there are sometimes parantheses with Ex or Su in between them, what do those mean? I would like to know in case I have to add it to my combat section. Once I finish with the construction section I will post it here.

Bandededed
2008-02-17, 09:32 PM
Ex = extraordinary. This means that the ability is special, but in no way magical in nature. It operates normally in an area of Anti-magic or No magic.

Su = supernatural. This means that the ability is special in a magical sense. It does not function in an area of Anti-magic or No magic.

You ought to think about throwing in a weight, then you can make it out of Darkwood, so it weighs half as much :smallwink:!

Szilard
2008-02-17, 10:07 PM
Thanks for the advice but I don't know how much wood weighs in the first place, but I know that the amount of wood needed is about 750gp's worth minus the cost of iorn joints, and leaather fittings. The number was basically just a quarter of the cost for wood on a seige golem from cityscape, although its made of hardwoods so I don't know if thats correct or not.

BisectedBrioche
2008-02-18, 03:48 AM
You should also remember there's another parantheses apart from Ex and Su;

Sp = Spell like ability. Basically the creature can use a special power which is, mechanically, a spell it can cast.