PDA

View Full Version : New Character Help

Galdor Miriel
2008-02-15, 09:52 AM
My elven generalist wizard, Galdor Miriel, finally kicked the bucket in a most excellent Shackled City campaign that I am currently part of, and could not be raised(House rule of cumulative 10 % chance per death of no return, but no level loss), so I have a new character.

My replacement character is what is known as a gish. My character idea is Half-Orc barbarian, trains with human fighters, discovers arcane talents and becomes spell casting warrior.

In his words....

Grunsh was born in the mountains, somewhere, not know where. Grunsh mother Nera joined the tribe, mated with Tribal Eye, he no name, just the Eye. She was wizard woman, followed bad gods. Grunsh was not happy with tribe which filled with badness. Badness every day so Grunsh read scroll in Nera hut and disappear. World it twisted and Grunsh was....in place with mountains and fight against giants. Grunsh made first friend, man called Beemer, he was human warrior and he taught Grunsh some fighting tricks and we fought against giants and some other evil. Life was good.

Beemer have friend who wizard like Grunsh mother. Grunsh liked talk to Norro, who fought with us against doppels. He changed shape like doppels in fight and was good. Grunsh liked that so Grunsh picked up books and understand letters. Grunsh is wizard now, but still find evil is best fought with sword. Grunsh fight with spells in oceans, in sky and in mountains near Greyhawk. Grunsh fight at side of elf and human, Grunsh even fight orc, which make Grunsh sad. Grunsh fight with spell and sword. Grunsh fight evil.

Grunsh is strong, squeeze rock like lemon, Grunsh is quick, dodge arrow like time slow as soup, Grunsh can take beating like rock in river, Grunsh is smart like rainbow which is light, Grunsh is wiser now, know what good, what bad, what is Grunsh. But Grunsh is not pretty, make human scream when he drop trouser. Scars of orc are deep in Grunsh, but Grunsh deeper.

Grunsh in Cauldron now, sent by magic man to fight against bad demons. Grunsh always like to fight. Do you want Grunsh fight with you?

Str 19
Dex 14
Con 14
Int 14
Wis 12
Cha 8

Is what I have from rolls, with modifications for race.

My current character looks like this

1: Barbarian, Dodge
2: Barbarian
3: Fighter, Mobility, Power Attack
4: Fighter, Leap Attack
5: Transmuter
6: Transmuter, Combat Casting
7: Abjurant Champion
8: Abjurant Champion
9: Abjurant Champion, Craft Arms/Armor
10: Abjurant Champion
11: Abjurant Champion
12: Spell Sword, Craft Wondrous Items

Things you need to know:

We have house rules that make crafting more favorable
I have not tried to get the uber effective caster level for a gish because I like the story.
I am thinking of going into the swiftblade class if my dm allows it, hence dodge and mobility.

If you have any suggestions I am all gnarly, torn ragged dirty orcish ears.

Galdor

He may be dead, but he will live on in these boards.