PDA

View Full Version : Brock Samson VS Spike Spiegel

Premsyl
2008-02-16, 02:37 AM
Settling a minor dispute between the girlfriend and I.

Brock Samson from The Venture Brothers vs Spike Spiegel of Cowboy Bebop

Both are allowed their choice of sidearm (pistol), a knife, and two grenades. The battleground is an office facility, complete with cubicles to hide in with desks for cover, as well as pillars for cover.

Kind of a lame one, maybe. But I personally think that Brock Samson was designed to be the end all combatant, and would be a tough match for anyone, excepting maybe Sauron.

Catch
2008-02-16, 02:53 AM
True, Brock is basically a human engine of destruction, but Spike has repeatedly shown the ability to survive against combatants stronger than himself (Vicious, Vincent), plus his Jeet Kune Do is a very effective tactic against brutal opponents like Brock. With that in mind, I'd say Brock initially applies the classic beatdown on Spike, who ends up squeaking by in the end by sheer pluck and afro power.

Say, something like the end result of cathedral fight between Vicious and Spike, but with less flashback angst and more testosterone.

Raging_Pacifist
2008-02-16, 11:14 AM
What we have to look at is can Mr. Samson even be killed? In episode one he gets shot w/ 17 poison darts on the chest and neck and just rips them out and keeps going, but when someone else gets shot with just one he dies instantly. Then, as he is running and pulling out darts he gets run over by a truck and falls over presumably dead. He is then buried alive in the Mexican desert for around 8 hours and then claws his way out of the dirt. So can Brock even be killed? No. He can't and he won't stop killing.

Raging_Pacifist
2008-02-16, 11:31 AM
Also, in another episode, he is shot with a gun and knocked unconcious. During surgery to remove the bullet his body was found to have inside of it: 3 additional bullets, a blowgun dart, 2 shark teeth, a bayonet tip, a twisted paperclip, and a handful of buckshot, none of which bothered him at all.
Unkillable.

averagejoe
2008-02-16, 12:25 PM
Brock. I mean, I love Spike, but he just doesn't measure up in a fight. I mean, come on, Brock killed two people using just his butt, while Spike can hardly seem to kill a sword wielding guy with a gun.

GrassyGnoll
2008-02-16, 01:42 PM
Draw, someone is bound to be thrown out of a window/plane/car and assumed to be dead. Thus setting up the rematch.

From there on it looks a little grim for Brock since Spike is like the comeback kid incarnate...

Nerd-o-rama
2008-02-16, 02:19 PM
The universe explodes from awesomeness overload. Brock survives mostly unscathed, but Spike ends up with some serious injuries. Given that they're the only two people to survive this, it's conceivable Brock could go in for the Coup de Grace.

Winner: Brock, probably.

Nevrmore
2008-02-16, 02:39 PM
Brock and Spike both have amazing superhuman abilities. The difference is that Brock is invulnerable while Spike just heals extremely quickly.

Advantage: Samson.

Raging_Pacifist
2008-02-16, 02:51 PM
New theory: Brock and Spike are both badly injured and vulnerable. Fonzi swoops in for the kill. Universe explodes from awesomeness.

Raging_Pacifist
2008-02-16, 02:54 PM
New theory: Brock and Spike are both badly injured and vulnerable. Fonzi swoops in for the kill. Universe explodes from awesomeness. Being the only thing left alive Mr. T transcendes to a god-like state of coolness.

Nevrmore
2008-02-16, 03:14 PM
Your rampant double posting is really annoying.

Rutee
2008-02-16, 03:53 PM
Agreed. Lrn2edit plox.

Anyway, I'm gonna say Samson, in a single match. He's just far, far more over the top then Spike is. The (accurate) Comeback kid comments above though, make it difficult to figure out what it'd be to the death..

Raging_Pacifist
2008-02-16, 04:30 PM
I know to edit. I'm on my PSP and it can't do more than 5 lines of text at a time. Sorry.