PDA

View Full Version : Toad (comics) VS. Wormtail

RationalGoblin
2008-02-16, 12:49 PM
There, a reasonable versus thread. A VS thread of two "losers" in their respective worlds.

Toad (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toad_%28comics%29)

Wormtail (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wormtail#Peter_Pettigrew)

One, a mutant with incredible leaping/climbing powers, extraordinary agility, a very small amount of superhuman toughness and strength, (most in his legs), and a superhumanly strong tongue. Also, a reasonablely good intellect. (Note, no adicic spit, this is the comics Toad, not the movie Toad.)

The other, a wizard, (your a wizard Harry :smalltongue:), who, despite being described as a poor-skilled wizard, has killed twelve people with a single curse, so possibly has power enough for destructive spells. Can transform into a rat, and a large pool of knowledge of Dark Spells. Also has a reasonably strong silver hand. Probably can Apparate.

The combatants are teleported to an Roman Colosseum-style arena by the Beyonder. The Colosseum has many overhangs, and objects sticking out of the walls that Toad can climb/leap on. There are many weapons scattered around the arena. The combatants can throw or levitate them at their opponents.

The Beyonder has informed the of the names of their opponents, nothing more.

Both of their respective terrorist groups (The Death Eaters and the Brotherhood) have just had a spectacular victory, and so both are confident that they can deal with their opponent.

Who do you think will win, and why? I think it's close, but personally, I think Toad will win, because his agility would let him evade most spells, but if Wormtail hits him with one of his more destructive curses, Toads done for. Again, who would win?

Kaelaroth
2008-02-16, 12:55 PM
Toad. Although Wormtail has veritable control of dark magic, Toad could dodge most ray-based curses, and wouldn't be in the same place long enough for most "gesture" spells. He is very intelligent (as seen in later comics) and therefore probably can withstand most kinds of mind based spells. Then, he can throw things, spit his sludge (in recent times he has developed this power, I think) or just physically overpower Wormtail, with, let's say, a strong kick in the spine.

Finn Solomon
2008-02-16, 12:58 PM
Toad takes this one easily. As mentioned, Toad is a fairly smart combatant with enormous advantages when it comes to avoiding attacks made by a Potterverse wizard. As their main attacking spells require them to actually hit their target, Toad will be able to avoid most of Wormtail's pathetic attempts to hurt him and knock him out with a flung weapon or just simply with his boots and fists. Also, Toad could conceivably snatch Wormtail's wand away with his tongue in the early stages, killing off any hope for a victory by Peter Pettigrew.

Closet_Skeleton
2008-02-16, 02:12 PM
Toad, he's not that much of a wimp really, he's just disgusting and not as charismatic as magneto.

Project_Mayhem
2008-02-16, 06:07 PM
However, Toad doesn't know he's up against a wizard at all - given just the name Wormtail he would probably assume just another mutant or meta. I wouldn't put it beyond Pettigrew to start with the ol' Avada Kadavada or Crucio - AK could be dodged on reflex I guess, but crucio's a bit harder to dodge. Depends on how cocky Toad is at the start I guess.