PDA

View Full Version : Magic Item Question

calebcom
2008-02-16, 05:59 PM
I heard about a rod that gave you 4 turn undead attempts per day, for dirt cheap, would anyone know about this?

milo_is
2008-02-16, 06:04 PM
I heard about a rod that gave you 4 turn undead attempts per day, for dirt cheap, would anyone know about this?

Nightsticks from Libris Mortis 7,500 gp

RTGoodman
2008-02-16, 06:04 PM
It's called the Nightstick, from the Libris Mortis supplement. Don't know the price offhand, though, but I know it's cheap.

For future reference, it's considered one of the cheesiest and most broken items in D&D, when paired with Divine Metamagic.

calebcom
2008-02-16, 06:18 PM
I"m prepping the most broken character I can. i'm in a gestalt game. I'm playing a cleric/drood

Da King
2008-02-16, 07:22 PM
I"m prepping the most broken character I can. i'm in a gestalt game. I'm playing a cleric/drood

You mean druid, I assume. Personally, I think it would be best to just take 20 levels of druid or cleric, rather than multiclass.

Mewtarthio
2008-02-16, 07:25 PM
It's gestalt. He gets both.

TK-Squared
2008-02-16, 07:28 PM
You mean druid, I assume. Personally, I think it would be best to just take 20 levels of druid or cleric, rather than multiclass.

He means Cleric//Druid-Zilla, literally becoming CaDzilla.

Collin152
2008-02-16, 09:53 PM
He means Cleric//Druid-Zilla, literally becoming CaDzilla.

CaDzilla?
http://officeblogs.net/visio/CAD-2-072506.png

Animefunkmaster
2008-02-16, 10:12 PM
It's gestalt. He gets both.

I think he was meaning, take one full and something on the other end, since hd bab and saves aren't a big diff. They extra spells are nice, but turn undead can be obtained by other sources. I would go with druid full on one side and something else...

Miles Invictus
2008-02-16, 10:20 PM
Gestalt Druid/Swordsage: You're not just a giant spellcasting bear, you're a giant spellcasting bear ninja.

Yami
2008-02-16, 11:14 PM
No no, he has the right idea. If you want broken, grab the magic domain for anyspell. DMM Persistant with all those sorcerer cleric and druid spells, and then wildshape while retaining spellcasting sounds rather broken to me.

Edit, don't forget to pair up your nightsticks with Extend rods. Why not persist those spells for two days instead of one? Double the cheese, double the fun. that is the gestalt way.

calebcom
2008-02-17, 07:47 AM
Oh my... I never thought of that. That is deliciously evil. I can double my number of spells DMM persisted. :)

mostlyharmful
2008-02-17, 08:33 AM
Make sure to include your animal companion in all buffs. Combine that with rods of chaining for your team if you like them. Ridiculous cheese for EVERYBODY.

Chronos
2008-02-17, 02:12 PM
Edit, don't forget to pair up your nightsticks with Extend rods.Probably not necessary: Extend is a prerequisite for Persist, anyway, and it's only a +1 adjustment. So you'll be able to afford to extend many of your spells "honestly".

This also assumes that your DM will allow a Persisted, Extended spell to last for two days. Another interpretation would be that it lasts for one day plus the original duration, which isn't any real improvement over one day.

Voyager_I
2008-02-17, 03:20 PM
Sweet lord, it really does work on all spells, not just the ones from being a Druid.

Really, what was Wizards thinking when they wrote that, especially in the same book as Weapon Focus...