PDA

View Full Version : Winged Kobolds from Eberron?

seedjar
2008-02-17, 07:58 AM
So, does anyone remember there being another release on wizards.com that followed up on this one? http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ebds/20050321a
Or, perhaps I'm thinking of something that appeared in a sourcebook. Can someone help me out here?
Thanks,
~Joe

Kol Korran
2008-02-17, 01:21 PM
as far as i've looked- no, there aren't any more Kobold sources.. i read somewhere that WoTC plan to release a new sourcebook for the Goblinoid races, the races of Darguun and such. perhaps Kobolds will feature in it as well?

But in the meantime, there is someone around these boards (forgot his name) that played an entire campaign of Kobold PCs. he might have some ideas and insgihts that you can use (and yep, he played it in Eberron).

RTGoodman
2008-02-17, 01:28 PM
I don't know if Kol Korran is talking about me, but I did a non-Eberron all-Kobold campaign a year or so ago, so maybe I can help.

I don't know about naturally-winged Kobolds (especially since I don't know much about Eberron anyway), but there are a few ways to actually get wings. I played a Half-Dragon Kobold, and my DM let me just get the wings without actually being Large-sized (since Kobolds are so close to dragons anyway).

Also, the Races of the Dragon book has the Dragonwrought feat, which is exclusively for 1st level Kobolds and gives you the Dragon type and a bunch of other goodies. The main thing about it, though, is that it opens up the Dragon Wings feat at 3rd level, and then a series of feats that make your flight better. That's an option for you, I guess.

Otherwise there the Winged template in Savage Species (?) that gives wings and I think +2 Wis for the low, low cost of +1 LA.

Zincorium
2008-02-17, 01:29 PM
Races of the Dragon has feats which allow kobolds to have (natural) wings, as part of a draconic heritage.

It's not Eberron-specific, but Eberron almost definitely has it as per it's concept (if it's in D&D, it's in eberron).

Ecalsneerg
2008-02-17, 01:35 PM
Also, the Races of the Dragon book has the Dragonwrought feat, which is exclusively for 1st level Kobolds and gives you the Dragon type and a bunch of other goodies. The main thing about it, though, is that it opens up the Dragon Wings feat at 3rd level, and then a series of feats that make your flight better. That's an option for you, I guess.

well, yes and no. Both Dragonwrought and dragon Wings are 1st level only. Dragon Wings can be taken by any dragon-blooded creature (such as a kobold), and dragonwought makes you of the drano type, and lets you take Dragon wings at level 3 (otherwise illegal)

seedjar
2008-02-17, 01:58 PM
Hmm, I seem to specifically remember seeing another Eberron source bit that had these guys, as well as three feats for them, and I believe even a statted NPC. I thumbed through my Dragons of Eberron earlier thinking I'd find it there, but no luck.
~Joe

seedjar
2008-02-17, 02:10 PM
Ack, doublepost.
~Joe

SadisticFishing
2008-02-17, 02:15 PM
well, yes and no. Both Dragonwrought and dragon Wings are 1st level only. Dragon Wings can be taken by any dragon-blooded creature (such as a kobold), and dragonwought makes you of the drano type, and lets you take Dragon wings at level 3 (otherwise illegal)

Actually, it specifically says that as a Dragonwrought Kobold you can take the feat later.

Worira
2008-02-17, 02:28 PM
Yes, that's exactly what he said. Also, Drano type.

seedjar
2008-02-17, 02:37 PM
So, no one remembers seeing anything like this? I've read the parts of Races of the Dragon with this stuff in it, and I think the article I'm thinking of made reference to the Races of the Dragon web expansion. Oh well... I suppose I can just make it up as I go along.
~Joe