PDA

View Full Version : Pied Piper of Hamelin build?

dyslexicfaser
2008-02-17, 04:17 PM
As you could tell from the thread title, I'm looking to re-create the Pied Piper of Hamelin in DnD. Specifically, a 'Face' bard who can fascinate everything under the sun, and then Suggest them into following him around.

Possibly, using Perform (Dance), then Suggest them into joining him with a "Come! Dance with me!" since, surely if there's one guy capering around the battlefield, it must be 'reasonable' enough to qualify, right?

I can finally have my dream of winning DnD through musical numbers and the power of Riverdance.

Is this possible? He would need at least Requiem (undead: Thriller, anyone?), Green Ear (plants), Soothe the Beasts (animals/magical beasts), and Speak to the Masses (x2 as many Fascinated targets). He'd also need to pump up his perform check to keep people from resisting his siren song with a will save.

I've never actually played a bard before, so I could use all the help I could get on this one.

EDIT: Maybe get in some Undersong, Warblade (plus Chaos music) and Diamond Mind maneuvers to beat people to death with my dance, a la Nexus's Lord of the Dance (http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=979511)

UglyPanda
2008-02-17, 04:36 PM
The versatile performer feat from complete adventurer makes it so that you can get (INT bonus) worth of extra perform(x) for free and a +2bonus if you use multiple performances simultaneously. Other than that, it's easy to optimize perform. Improvisation (Bard 1 spell) grants a luck bonus which stacks with nearly everything, masterwork instruments grant +2, and custom magic items grant +x.

Charlie Kemek
2008-02-17, 05:30 PM
he's just a high level bard using mass suggestion

dyslexicfaser
2008-02-17, 05:48 PM
he's just a high level bard using mass suggestion

Yes, I suppose he is. That wasn't really the point of my post, though. My point was: what build could I make that can make the most out of fascinate and suggestion?

Azerian Kelimon
2008-02-17, 06:09 PM
Virtuoso! Dominate fits the piper to a T.

dyslexicfaser
2008-02-17, 06:43 PM
Thanks, I'll look into it. CArc?

AslanCross
2008-02-17, 10:34 PM
Thanks, I'll look into it. CArc?

Virtuoso is from CAdv.

There's also a spell from PHB2 that fits in the vein of mass crowd control, although this one may be a lot more deadly: incite riot.

Collin152
2008-02-17, 11:31 PM
He would need at least Requiem (undead: Thriller, anyone?)

What is this? Where is this? I may have been looking for something like this.

AslanCross
2008-02-17, 11:47 PM
What is this? Where is this? I may have been looking for something like this.

It's a feat from Libris Mortis that allows Bard music to affect undead.

Collin152
2008-02-17, 11:53 PM
It's a feat from Libris Mortis that allows Bard music to affect undead.

Ah nesecary, but not quite what I thought.