PDA

View Full Version : Request a Homebrew

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Karma Guard
2009-01-30, 01:06 PM
R: 306

This one's simple. As a familiar, what ability would a Superior Lyrebird grant?

example of lyrebird: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjE0Kdfos4Y

StoryKeeper
2009-01-30, 04:00 PM
R: 306

This one's simple. As a familiar, what ability would a Superior Lyrebird grant?

example of lyrebird: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjE0Kdfos4Y

A liar bird? A bonus to bluff, of course!

Or, more likely, a bonus to perform (sing). Although, the bluff thing might not be too far off (a bonus to bluff when trying to impersonate voices).

Karma Guard
2009-01-31, 02:45 AM
A liar bird? A bonus to bluff, of course!

Or, more likely, a bonus to perform (sing). Although, the bluff thing might not be too far off (a bonus to bluff when trying to impersonate voices).

Oh herpaderp of course it would be bluff :B

sometimes you just have a hurr moment and mine was now

Syne
2009-01-31, 12:36 PM
Does anyone know a ToB discipline that deals with ghosts/spirits? I don't want someone to homebrew it as much as to know if there is a well-known one already in existence.

Stark
2009-02-05, 02:31 AM
R: 307

Trash enemies for a Pirate adventure, for a party of 3-4 level 12 characters.
I was thinking maybe a generic CR7-8 pirate that i could change slightly so there not all the same, and a 2-3 CR 10ish stronger pirates. The race doesn't matter, and they dont all have to be the same race

EDIT:Running 3.5 D&D, sorry for not pointing this out before

insecure
2009-02-05, 03:56 AM
C 307

Um... Which edition/game?

OracleofWuffing
2009-02-05, 08:06 PM
R 308

For reasons that have only recently presented themselves, I am in want of mechanics for a Sock Puppet race in 3.5. I would prefer 0 LA, but 1 LA is alright if the muse inspires. For whatever purposes it is worth, I figure that the hand/mouth of the puppet counts as the main hand, and the "thumb" would count as an offhand, so there is no reason to do any funky "you have no limbs" gimmicks.

Animated object would not suffice for my purposes, as all ability scores are needed.

DracoDei
2009-02-10, 03:47 PM
Q 308
You probably need to clarify that a bit more... do you want them as standard Constructs, Living Constructs, or Monsterous Humanoids?

Drinky Ogre
2009-02-13, 01:27 PM
R 309

I've been scouring the internet and cant really find anything satisfactory, so I'll ask the noble Hombrewers of the Playground to help me out.

Cany anyone homebrew alycanthrope template for Were T-Rexes/Raptors?

Basically want I want are Dinosair lycanthropes, I know Rich Burlew made a Were T-Rex, but he doesnt list how to template it to a base race

Thank you in advance:smallbiggrin:

Kroy
2009-02-13, 06:58 PM
R 139

I need a cat tribe laguz (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_Emblem:_Path_of_Radiance) (sub-human) 3.5 ed. race. LA is ok, but no higher than +4.

Thanks in advance!
Repost! Do you think 3 months is an appropriate wait period before a repost?

togapika
2009-02-13, 10:10 PM
R310
I need a prestige class for a hexblade based around the manipulation of luck both good and bad. The campaign is set in Ebberon and he believes in the goddess "Lady Luck" whom he believes he gets his powers from (Even if she doesn't really exist)

loopy
2009-02-16, 02:01 AM
R310
I need a prestige class for a hexblade based around the manipulation of luck both good and bad. The campaign is set in Ebberon and he believes in the goddess "Lady Luck" whom he believes he gets his powers from (Even if she doesn't really exist)

Just out of curiosity, have you been reading the Redemption of Althalus by any chance?

R311

Need a prestige class for my charming social-type rogue that focuses somewhat on social engineering, though aside from that I don't have many parameters.

togapika
2009-02-16, 09:08 AM
Just out of curiosity, have you been reading the Redemption of Althalus by any chance?

Nope. Just an idea I came up with off the top of my head.

Belkarsbadside1
2009-02-16, 05:10 PM
R312

My 4e group recently got a ritual caster added to it, and we've realized just how screwy the ritual system is. We need a better ritual system with the common problems fixed (eg. rituals are too expensive to use, take too long to cast, etc.)

kyoten
2009-02-19, 04:57 PM
R. 313

I'm looking for an Immortal template that is acquired.

Provisions
No energy resistance
regeneration (even from next to nothing)
can be "killed" normally
change creature type to Outsider(Native)
Immortality can be lost/restored

The regeneration time would vary based on what's being regenerated.

StoryKeeper
2009-02-19, 06:55 PM
R. 313

I'm looking for an Immortal template that is acquired.

Provisions
No energy resistance
regeneration (even from next to nothing)
can be "killed" normally
change creature type to Outsider(Native)
Immortality can be lost/restored

The regeneration time would vary based on what's being regenerated.

Drat! There was something very close to what you were looking for posted a few months back. Perhaps that brewer would be so kind as to redirect you to it? I'm not sure about the energy resistance, but I know it could come back like a roach even after decapitation. For the creature type and the lost/restored immortality, just slap that on yourself. If no one gives you a link, search the boards froma few months back.

DrakebloodIV
2009-02-19, 10:09 PM
R 314

Does anyone know where those half elf/half orc fixes went?

LordShotGun
2009-03-02, 01:21 PM
Hello. I would like someone to point me towards a class that is either primarily melee or pimarily ranged (one or the other) and that enchants weapons (as a class ability) a limited number of times a day to a certain level of enchantment.

For example, this character would have a +3 flaming broadsword and could further increase it to a +5 flaming broadsword (and so on and so forth).

afroakuma
2009-03-02, 01:29 PM
Well that's easy.

My Samurai class (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90342) begins enchanting his weapons at level 5 and can stack his augments onto a magic weapon. He also gets a whack of other features. Take a look.

LordShotGun
2009-03-03, 12:03 PM
Thank you for the very nice class, but the class you have posted has enchantment as a bonus feature. I was hopeing that someone could show me a class that is based on enchanting weapons. For example in addition to the adding bonuses to weapons (see above post) but also the ability to change the base type of the weapon to cold iron, mithril, or adimantine.

While your class is nice afroakuma, it's not quite what I was looking for. Any other ideas?

afroakuma
2009-03-03, 12:09 PM
Thank you for the very nice class, but the class you have posted has enchantment as a bonus feature.

I don't follow.

For example in addition to the adding bonuses to weapons (see above post) but also the ability to change the base type of the weapon to cold iron, mithril, or adimantine.

Well, you didn't say anything about that.

osyluth
2009-03-03, 07:13 PM
Thank you for the very nice class, but the class you have posted has enchantment as a bonus feature. I was hopeing that someone could show me a class that is based on enchanting weapons. For example in addition to the adding bonuses to weapons (see above post) but also the ability to change the base type of the weapon to cold iron, mithril, or adimantine.

While your class is nice afroakuma, it's not quite what I was looking for. Any other ideas?

I don't exactly know where you could find anything like this, but if you did, it would definitely be a prestige class. This idea is, while interesting, very focused, thus making it an unlikely base class.

adanedhel9
2009-03-03, 08:35 PM
You could use afroakuma's Samurai and then grab the weapon enhancement from MIC that lets you change the metal type. I think it's called Metalline.

LordShotGun
2009-03-04, 12:23 PM
I don't follow.

Your enhancement only occurs at level 5 and increases every 5 levels after that, I wanted a Primary enchanter that instantly has the right weapons for the job. Like giving a sword the dragonsbane effect one fight and then giving it the mercyful ability the next. Perhaps I am reaching too far into the overpowered but this idea has been bouncing around in my head for a few years (I have only become interested in DnD within the last few months.)

Also, what is adanedhel9 speaking of when he says MIC?

afroakuma
2009-03-04, 12:31 PM
I doubt you're going to find anything like that from Level 1. Mine gets measured improvement levels, and fills the remaining time enhancing his attack, healing himself, picking up mad bonus feats and otherwise going ape-crazy.

MIC is the Magic Item Compandium, which actually makes my class even stronger.

And yes, with my class you can do that, but only from level 5 onwards, and you have a limited selection. So you're forced to plan. You can either design a single, consistent awesome stack of powers, or you can select multiple lesser ones that you can rotate. However, you get to stack them all on top of the powers of whatever weapon you're using at the time.

Lord_Gareth
2009-03-04, 02:54 PM
R-315

Can someone please, for the love of all that is sick and evil in D&D, come up with a monster class progression for Eryines?

Coidzor
2009-03-05, 01:39 AM
R316: Anyone know anything about any Pikmin swarms that have been statted up before?

If not...Well, There's my request right there, now isn't it?

Lord_Gareth
2009-03-05, 03:48 PM
Thanks for the catch, man - tag updated.

zerombr
2009-03-09, 05:21 PM
R310

Firstly, I recommend the Fatespinner prestige class, if not that, how about my class for the FFXI Corsair? I consider it a better version of the Fortune's Friend class

Corsair:
Occasionally swashbucklers and scoundrels find that they rely so much on their own good fate that it bleeds over onto their comrades, not that they would know it...

Corsair: d6 HP
Prereqs: Grace +1 1 Luck Feat, Profession Gambler 6 ranks, BAB +5

Proficiencies: Corsairs are familiar with all light armor but not shields, and all one handed martial weapons.

Skills: 6 SP/Lvl
Appraise, Bluff, Balance, Profession, Jump, Swim, Tumble, Sleight of Hand, Spot, Use Rope, Forgery, Sense Motive
BAB: Average, Will: Poor, Reflex. Fortitude: Good
lvl 1 Easy Luck, Grace, Canny Defense
2 Precise Strike
3 Phantom Luck, Bonus Luck Feat
4 Survival of the Luckiest 1/day
5 +2 Luck Rerolls a day
6 Bonus Luck Feat
7 Gambler's Instincts
8 Survival of the Luckiest 2/day
9 Bonus Luck Feat
10 Wild Card, +2 Luck Rerolls a Day

Easy Luck: The swift action needed to activate a luck feat doesn't count against the standard swift action a character gets. (see Fortune's Friend)

Grace: Corsair levels stack with any class that gives you Grace

Canny Defense: While unarmored, a Corsair may add 1 point of his Intelligence to his defense per level of Corsair

Precise Strike: A corsair may add his Intelligence to damage for finessable weapons.

Phantom Luck: You may use your luck feats to aid allies within 30 feet, instead of yourself, for any luck feat you have, as if it were that ally using it, though the luck rolls spent are your own.

Survival of the Luckiest: Once a day, you may reuse a Luck feat that has a limit of once a day. You may use this ability twice at 8th level.

Gambler's Instincts: Once a week you may consult your dice for favor and prediction as per a Commune spell.

Wild Card: Once a week, you may substitute any one non-Strength/Constitution based skill for a Profession: Gambler check of the same DC, with the same results as if you succeeded with the standard skill. (Taken from Spycraft : Virtuoso prestige class)

rty275@comcast.
2009-03-12, 09:30 AM
R317

I have an insane request... can someone make me a weeping angel creature from the Doctor Who series?
Im thinking something extremely high cr, mabey even near mid 30's.

here is a link to the description

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Doctor_Who_monsters_and_aliens#Weeping_Ang els

Go forth and create!

Eldariel
2009-03-12, 10:31 PM
R318:

I need a Tome of Battle/Psionic dual progression PrC, mostly geared towards e.g. Warblade/Psion, or Crusader/Ardent. Something that allows augmenting the martial prowess with psionic powers (beyond just using those powers).

Could some kind soul either point me towards such a class that exists (while I'm certain such a class should exist, my extensive searches yielded no results) or whip one out of thin air?

EDIT: The request has been answered. Thank you.

Muz
2009-03-19, 05:24 PM
R319:

I need a goal and/or nefarious plan for a lich to be working on. He's got a death knight lieutenant (whose castle is separate from the lich's tower), and possibly a vampire. The lich himself is a bit too powerful for the PCs just yet, so I want to have them tangle with his underlings for a while before they attract his attention. I just need something for him to be working toward that the PCs can thrwart, knowingly or otherwise.

The lich's HQ is on the edge of civilization. I'm also toying with the idea of there being a very old, evil dragon somewhat nearby who distracts him a bit. (The lich and dragon hate each other but are equally matched and not willing to risk a confrontation.)

:smallsmile:

ErrantX
2009-03-19, 05:55 PM
R319:

I need a goal and/or nefarious plan for a lich to be working on. He's got a death knight lieutenant (whose castle is separate from the lich's tower), and possibly a vampire. The lich himself is a bit too powerful for the PCs just yet, so I want to have them tangle with his underlings for a while before they attract his attention. I just need something for him to be working toward that the PCs can thrwart, knowingly or otherwise.

The lich's HQ is on the edge of civilization. I'm also toying with the idea of there being a very old, evil dragon somewhat nearby who distracts him a bit. (The lich and dragon hate each other but are equally matched and not willing to risk a confrontation.)

Perhaps he's looking to quicken his transformation into becoming a demi-lich or he wants to pull a Vecna/Kyuss and become a god, and is using his agents to first find a certain place in the world that has both a large population and a nexus of ley lines or something else that is significant to his ritual needs. Secondly, he needs to season that area with some sort of plague / emotional curse / 11 herbs and spices to taint the life force of this location to be usable. And lastly, he needs to collect several potent and specific holy relics to taint and desecrate them to this purpose. Once these are done, he needs to bring himself to this location and enact it, which will simultaneously kill all living beings who have been 'seasoned' to this ritual and funnel their dying life force into his form which will instantly convert him to this higher state of existence. The dragon that he wars with may or may not be aware of this and be seeking to help or hinder his actions. Perhaps this dragon wishes to co-opt the ritual out from under the lich and take its place, gaining this tainted power instead of the lich?

Just some thoughts.
-X

Malachite
2009-03-19, 06:34 PM
R320:

Does anyone know of any fair system of training up stats? That is to say, increasing ones' Strength, Dexterity etc. independantly of the point you get every 4 levels? I'd like to implement such a system in my next campaign as it will be relatively low magic/equipment. Plus it makes sense that if an average person went to train in some remote temple for years he'd get stronger, more coordinated, tougher and probably wiser, as well as just being able to take and throw more punches.

So far I've thought of having stat raises cost increasing amounts of XP, or else allow a period of dedicated training in down time to roll 3D6 and add a point if you roll higher than your current stat (with a cap of, say, 4 increases).

Thanks for any help anyone can offer, I'm a bit stumped on this one. :smallsmile:

ErrantX
2009-03-19, 07:09 PM
R320:

Does anyone know of any fair system of training up stats? *snip*

So far I've thought of having stat raises cost increasing amounts of XP, or else allow a period of dedicated training in down time to roll 3D6 and add a point if you roll higher than your current stat (with a cap of, say, 4 increases).

Thanks for any help anyone can offer, I'm a bit stumped on this one. :smallsmile:

Well, as the wish spell costs 5,000xp per pop to increase a stat by +1 to a max of +5... I'd say that's about the tree you should be barking up. You may want to consider reducing that for time spent training, or, as it's going to be a low magic campaign, have the cost be 1,000xp per point increase (which increases per point raised so +1 is 1000, +2 is 2000, and so on), and knock 100xp off of it per month spent in training for it. Obviously, there may gp costs associated with said training as well. Just some thoughts.

Regards,
-X

Karsis
2009-03-25, 05:05 PM
R321:

Recently I've begun reading the Demon Wars saga by R.A. Salvatore (not my favorite author, though this group of his works is by far one of my favorite settings, if only because of it's concepts). I would -love- to DM a game in this setting, but my problem is I'd have to stat up every class and figure out a way to work in the stone magic and in all it is a rather daunting task! I'd like a homebrewer's help statting everything up or, if at all possible, a place to download an existing supplement involving this setting if it already exists.

Thanks in advance!

ErrantX
2009-03-25, 05:46 PM
R321:

Recently I've begun reading the Demon Wars saga by R.A. Salvatore (not my favorite author, though this group of his works is by far one of my favorite settings, if only because of it's concepts). I would -love- to DM a game in this setting, but my problem is I'd have to stat up every class and figure out a way to work in the stone magic and in all it is a rather daunting task! I'd like a homebrewer's help statting everything up or, if at all possible, a place to download an existing supplement involving this setting if it already exists.

Thanks in advance!

To be honest, that's a huge request. I'd suggest starting a thread in this forum and titling it [3.5] (or [4E] if that's what you're thinking) Demon Wars Sage: Campaign Setting Project" and in the first post just post what you've got for ideas and then open it to the forums for those who have read the books to help you (R.A. Salvatore, as popular as he is, should have a strong following anywhere you go).

Obviously, if someone else has something better, take their advice, but that's what I've got.

-X

ChristosVictor
2009-03-26, 01:42 AM
R 322

I am looking to name a small undead stronghold with a huge bell tower in it. Names with Belfry or Spire in them prefered, with maybe a jaded and mornful ring to it. Thanks!

ringsnake
2009-03-26, 09:46 AM
R319:

A long time ago there was a design challenge for libraries, and I made Anolus Dimetrion, a book obsessed Loremaster who turned himself into a lich rather than allow his collections to fall into anyone else's hands when he died. Rather than being a powermad lunatic bent on world domination he was more like a dangerous nerd.

A VERY dangerous nerd. CR20 dangerous.

His assistant was an elven bard/assassin (more dangerous than it sounds) and he'd essentially enslaved a large tribe of kobolds. His library/lair was in the desert where the arid conditions were consistent to keep his books in ideal condition.

A blue dragon would be a nearly ideal foe. Especially if the dragon was a lord obsessed as the lich himself.

Linkies, which may not work given the GitPG server overload.

Anolus Dimetrion's Collection (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php%3Ft%3D46451&ei=W5PLSfI00-uVB-O--NUJ&sig2=Spr9Fi3L1r3zRcIpoR7G9A&usg=AFQjCNFAiTenNLFRo39Zq_weB2GmZ1fmxQ)

Thespianus
2009-03-26, 02:25 PM
R 323

I'm looking at going into the Unseen Seer PrC, basucally because it adds just the right touch for my character (fairly skilful arcane rogue).

However, the whole "Sneaking around unseen"-part doesn't mesh too well with my character. He's more of a Swashbucklery skillmonkey-Rogue with spellcasting.

Everything is fine, apart from the class features of level 2 and level 5: Silent Spell and Guarded Mind.

My character uses the Divination school in a more "luckful"/Skillful way (such as: "Aha, I kinda felt you'd go left, so here's my Rapier in your chest" rather than "Ohh, my scrying powers are amazing, if we go left here we will find gold")

So, I'm thinking I could provide my DM with some alternatives to the two class features and otherwise keep the class intact, as it's really nice. So, I turn to you: What would some power-eqvivalent replacements for Silent Spell be? What would a reasonable replacement for Guarded Mind be?

I was thinking Extend Spell instead of Silent Spell, thinking that my character could use his "lucky" divination powers for a little longer would be a nice change, but it might be too powerful?

When it comes to Guarded Mind, I'm thinking something more luck-related, maybe to reroll natural 1s 3/per day, or something. But it doesn't pack a lot of flavor.. So.. Anyone willing to help? :)

Thanks for any input.

Fortuna
2009-03-30, 10:22 PM
R 324

I have a fairly new group, and we are fairly heavily into homebrewing, but none of us can think of a good way to make a balanced base class from the History Monk (Terry Prattchett's Thief of Time book). Can someone give me a hand?

On a side note, I would really like to see a balanced class with the same flavour as a Ramtops witch (still Prattchett). Again, we can't think of anything.

Many thanks.

Xvos
2009-03-31, 08:03 AM
R 322

I am looking to name a small undead stronghold with a huge bell tower in it. Names with Belfry or Spire in them prefered, with maybe a jaded and mornful ring to it. Thanks!

H 322

Cor Miseri Belfry (Some bad latin, roughly Sadness of Song)

Corps Misere Belfry (This one is french meaning Body Miserable, sounds almost identical to the Latin Sadness of song, meaning if your players never see it wirtten down its a delicious 2 language pun)

Heartfall Spire

The Spire of Souls Call (could be the original name for the place if it was a place of worship for some goodly religion that got corrupted, and has now a more sinister meaning)

Purities Rest

Are sme ideas if you don't like them I can try to come up with more.

Xvos
2009-03-31, 11:38 AM
Repost! Do you think 3 months is an appropriate wait period before a repost?

H 139

Laquz
Medium Natural Humanoid (Shapechanger)

* +2 Dexterity, -2 Constitution.
* Laquz base land speed is 30 feet.
* +2 racial bonus on Climb, Jump, Listen, and Move Silently checks.
* Alter Form Level/day: A Laquz character may change their form into that of a cat, their size remains the same. In this form they gain a +20 bonus to speed, a bite attack and two claw attacks dealing 1d8 and 1d6 damage respectively. This damage increases by one dice category every 4 levels (maximum 2d10/2d8 at level 20. Whils tin this form the Laquz character also gains a +2 penalty to Hide, Move Silently Spot and Listen checks. A character in this form cannot use items that require the use of thier hands. Otherwise the characters statistics remain the same.
* Automatic Languages: Common. Bonus Languages: Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, Goblin, and Orc.
* Favored Class: Rogue. A multiclass Laquz’s rogue class does not count when determining whether she takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing.

That should be OK even without a LA.

Viking_Mage
2009-04-01, 03:49 AM
R325

I would like a rabbit, a simple everyday normal rabbit. I think it would be a good familiar or the like. I looked through the Monster Manual 1 and couldn't find any animals that would be suitable analogs to just change the name. I'm kind of perplexed that they never did anything for this very common animal.

Sorry...again, I'm looking for a rabbit.

Froogleyboy
2009-04-01, 08:21 PM
R26
I need a 4E version of the Neogi from the monstrous manual (2E)

Thane of Fife
2009-04-01, 09:16 PM
R. 327

I'm working on a faith system, basically to reward characters who stay on their gods' good sides. The way it works, there will be points available to non-casters for use.

Problem is that I'm having a hard time coming up with stuff for these points to be spent on, and would very much appreciate some suggestions (as an idea, I'm leaning towards stuff like re-rolling attack rolls, self-healing, that kind of thing). I don't need it fully statted out, just some ideas. Thanks.

Thane of Fife
2009-04-01, 09:30 PM
C. 327

Ooh, those are very much the kinds of things I was hoping for - I particularly like Certainty. Thank you. And I hadn't considered giving different effects based on deity, but it's a very interesting idea.

My only note is that 1d4 is actually more random than 2d2.

DragoonWraith
2009-04-02, 04:43 AM
R 328

This might be too general; just let me know and sorry!

But I'm kind of disappointed that the Shadow Dancer PrC doesn't, ya know, dance. You get the Perform:Dance ranks to access the class and... that's it. I was thinking something along the lines of using dancing similarly to the way Bards use musical performance, but with the spell lists focusing on "shadowy" things - blinks and teleports, invisibility, the shadow summon perhaps, etc.

That's really all I've got though. Any ideas?

DragoonWraith
2009-04-02, 01:31 PM
C. 328

Cloak Dance is perfect for what I had in mind. The other suggestions are also quite good. I'm a huge D&D noob, so I'll have to look into Psionics more. Thanks!

H 322

Cor Miseri Belfry (Some bad latin, roughly Sadness of Song)

That's actually "Heart of Sadness". "Song" is "carmen" (carminis), "cor" (cortis) is "heart".

The rhyming between Miseri and Belfry makes it sound a little silly, IMO. You could do "Miseri Cor Belfry", but that sounds an awful lot like "Misery Core Belfry", which, while not terrible, just seems out of place in a fantasy setting.

ChristosVictor
2009-04-06, 01:35 PM
R 329

Does anyone have a anti paladin themed class that works with specifically undead and has no fiendish ties but doesn't become an undead character? Basically a Death Knight Class.

boomwolf
2009-04-08, 09:47 AM
H 329

This most basic anti-paladin is to use a paladin variant (tyranny for LE and slaughter of CE), however they have no special undead favor.

"Libris Mortis" also serves with good PrC's such as "Master of Shrouds" and "Complete Divine" gives the "Blighter" for Ex druids.

ErrantX
2009-04-08, 11:02 PM
R 329

Does anyone have a anti paladin themed class that works with specifically undead and has no fiendish ties but doesn't become an undead character? Basically a Death Knight Class.

You may also want to check out the Eberron book Five Nations, in the Karrnath section there is the prestige class "Bone Knight", a sort of dark paladin/knight cleric that marshals the undead. Sounds right up your ally.

Or, of course, look into the Warcraft RPG manuals (either 1st edition or the 2nd edition World of Warcraft RPG books) for the Death Knight prestige classes.

-X

cezyou
2009-04-11, 04:21 PM
C 329

Any particular reason why lots of people want a Death Knight style thingy?

Pramxnim
2009-04-12, 04:56 AM
R 330:
Not exactly a request per se. I'm just wondering whether anyone knows of a homebrew prestige class designed for the Dragonfire Adept in Dragon Magic. It looks like a very interesting class but like the Warlock, it severely lacks any PrC support.

ChristosVictor
2009-04-14, 08:09 PM
R 331 I am lookin for a good Samurai class. WotC was poorly designed and Oriental Adventure was a Kensai with 20 levels. Thanks guys.

afroakuma
2009-04-14, 08:41 PM
H 331

I have a homebrew samurai (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90342) that might fit the bill.

Kroy
2009-04-14, 10:17 PM
R 330:
Not exactly a request per se. I'm just wondering whether anyone knows of a homebrew prestige class designed for the Dragonfire Adept in Dragon Magic. It looks like a very interesting class but like the Warlock, it severely lacks any PrC support.

Wrong thread. Just make a new one.

R 139

I need a cat tribe laguz (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_Emblem:_Path_of_Radiance) (sub-human) 3.5 ed. race. LA is ok, but no higher than +4.

Thanks in advance!

Feels like my 4th repost...

afroakuma
2009-04-14, 11:59 PM
C 139

Why not just tweak a few lycanthropes? It shouldn't be too difficult.

Debihuman
2009-04-18, 07:15 AM
R317

I have an insane request... can someone make me a weeping angel creature from the Doctor Who series?
Im thinking something extremely high cr, mabey even near mid 30's.

H 317
Well, I created a weeping angel. Not sure of the CR for it or for the advanced but if you advance it it should work. You can see it here: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6009139&postcount=1

Debby

Froogleyboy
2009-04-19, 03:38 PM
R318
Could someone homebrew me stats for a "wolf in sheep's clothing" for 3.5

afroakuma
2009-04-19, 04:06 PM
C 318

EnWorld has one here (http://www.enworld.org/cc/converted/aberration/wolf-in-sheeps-clothing.htm) which should work well enough.

Waspinator
2009-04-21, 02:59 AM
R 319

I could use help coming up with stats for a drill weapon, similar to what Simon is using at the start of "Gurren Lagann". Basically, a hand-powered drill that would be wielded two-handed. Almost certainly piercing damage, probably should be an exotic weapon. Beyond that, I'm not sure what to do. What kind of damage would be appropriate for something like this? Also, how should digging with it be handled? A person wielding one should, going by the example of the show, be able to dig a tunnel with it, though it might take awhile if they want it to be a wide tunnel. Should it ignore hardness? DR? What would be reasonable?

Xvos
2009-04-21, 05:38 AM
C139

Already did this for you earlier in the page. If you don't like it please let me know nad I'll try again.

H 139

Laquz
Medium Natural Humanoid (Shapechanger)

* +2 Dexterity, -2 Constitution.
* Laquz base land speed is 30 feet.
* +2 racial bonus on Climb, Jump, Listen, and Move Silently checks.
* Alter Form Level/day: A Laquz character may change their form into that of a cat, their size remains the same. In this form they gain a +20 bonus to speed, a bite attack and two claw attacks dealing 1d8 and 1d6 damage respectively. This damage increases by one dice category every 4 levels (maximum 2d10/2d8 at level 20. Whils tin this form the Laquz character also gains a +2 penalty to Hide, Move Silently Spot and Listen checks. A character in this form cannot use items that require the use of thier hands. Otherwise the characters statistics remain the same.
* Automatic Languages: Common. Bonus Languages: Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, Goblin, and Orc.
* Favored Class: Rogue. A multiclass Laquz’s rogue class does not count when determining whether she takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing.

That should be OK even without a LA.

Waspinator
2009-04-22, 09:49 AM
Woops. I think I got confused on numbering by not looking at enough of the posts before me. Thanks anyway for the drill stats! I'll have to try playtesting those.

And wait, if we're following normal size advancement rules, shouldn't it go 1d4 => 1d6 for small to medium?

Waspinator
2009-04-22, 07:33 PM
Question: when you say you do not add 1.5 times strength bonus to damage dealt, does that mean that the drill adds no bonus or that the bonus is the 1.0 that one-handed weapons usually get?

Baxter190
2009-04-24, 07:56 AM
Ok, I would like to ask for a homebrew class. I need a druid/wizard hybrid base class for my next campaign, but I am no good at homebrewing. I would like the following:

Arcane spellcasting,
No spell failure in light armor a la bard,
Some martial weapons like swords and bows,
Nature based spell list, with illusions and enchantments thrown in.

Thanks

ChristosVictor
2009-04-24, 12:55 PM
R 333...to get this back on track

I need the domains for clerics of all the arch devils of the nine hells and arch angels of seven layers of celestia using only the PHB domains thanks. If anyone would be willing to make a chart with it that would be great.

Karma Guard
2009-05-09, 01:02 PM
C333: Are they tied to the 7 Cardinal Sins/Heavenly Virtues?

e: 7 cardinal sins plus 2 more just cuz, I guess. :V

Shyftir
2009-05-13, 12:12 PM
C334 or Q #?

I really would just like to know if anyone has done a particular homebrew if not I'll do it myself.

Has anybody done a 3.5 version of the Avenger?

Aiek
2009-05-20, 09:08 AM
R335
Im looking for a template that can be added to pc's or npc's it should be low La 1 or 2 it is for the city of the spider queen campaign so should be spider orienated. It will be applied to martial classes so dexterity and strength will be key things to include. It should give the base creature darkvision and shouldnt change their look to much. The idea behind it is that the base creature has been experimented on my drow wizards to give it abilities to be a better assasin for one of the drow houses.

brujon
2009-05-21, 11:46 AM
R 336

I'm looking for new Tiny animals for a upcoming campaign. The animals i'm looking for are: Rabbit, Squirrel, Tiny Badger, Dog Puppy, and any other tiny animals you can think of, really, flyers included. These are just the ones i scoured the internet for and didn't find. If you can provide the stats for them, i'd be most glad :D

DanielLC
2009-05-21, 06:51 PM
Humans. I don't actually need them (I don't even play this game). I just think someone should stat them. They aren't in the Monster Manual or the From the Playground Compendium. Also, I suggest specifically mentioning that they can't cast lightning and all the other things Celia doesn't know.

Bonecrusher Doc
2009-05-22, 04:22 PM
H 320
I'm scratching my head trying to think of a good way to separate physical attractiveness from Charisma in D&D 3.5. I haven't really played other versions of D&D so it may be there's already a perfectly good answer out there. I'd still like physical attractiveness to be useful/quantifiable though, perhaps a feat that allows you to Try Again diplomacy? Maybe even a little synergy with the Disguise skill (good knowledge of grooming, clothing, etc)? I believe GURPS already has something called "The Look" and rules for seduction. One complication is that "The Look" might not work the same on the married village elder as it would on a young single farm worker.

Thane of Fife
2009-05-22, 05:57 PM
C 320

At various times throughout D&D's history, people have added a Comeliness stat to the normal 6. Perhaps consider doing that, then add a new skill that allows people to use their looks to get things from other people?

Stormthorn
2009-05-22, 09:51 PM
Humans. I don't actually need them (I don't even play this game). I just think someone should stat them. They aren't in the Monster Manual or the From the Playground Compendium. Also, I suggest specifically mentioning that they can't cast lightning and all the other things Celia doesn't know.

C -no number, see quote-

Human
Medium Humanoid
HD 1d8+3 (8)
Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
Init: +0
AC 10; touch 10; flat-footed 10
BAB +0; Grp +0
Attack Slam attack +0 (1d3, nonleathal)
Full-Attack See Above
Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft. (Tall), 5 ft. (Long)
Special Attacks -
Special Qualities Human Traits, Humanoid Traits
Saves Fort +0 Ref +2 Will +2
Abilities Str 10, Dex 11, Con 11, Int 11, Wis 10, Cha 10
Skills Hide +1, Listen +1, Profession +4, Survival +2, Knowledge (any 2) +1, Diplomacy +3, Intimidate +1, Sense Motive +2
Feats Toughness, Negotiator
Environment Any
Organization Solitary, Mated Pair (2), Party (6-10), Band (12-42), Settlements (as Hamlet, Village ect.)
Challenge Rating 1
Treasure Standard
Alignment Any
Advancement By Class
Level Adjustment +0

Humans speak Common and wield any variety of Simple Weapons (Prof with all).

Human Traits
+ Medium: As Medium creatures, humans have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
+ Human base land speed is 30 feet.
+ 1 extra feat at 1st level.
+ extra skill points at 1st level and 1 extra skill point at each additional level.
+ Automatic Language: Common. Bonus Languages: Any (other than secret languages, such as Druidic). See the Speak Language skill.
+ Favored Class: Any. When determining whether a multiclass human takes an experience point penalty, his or her highest-level class does not count.

ErrantX
2009-05-26, 01:57 AM
R 337

As I am terrible with epic spells, seeds, etc. I was wondering if someone could write up an epic spell that would cause an arcane spellcaster to completely and permanently become a dragon. Not like Athas dragons, of course :P Like our normal every day sort of dragon (chromatics and metallics). Probably would need to have a DC that scaled based on the color, but the dragon's age would be the age of the caster (i.e. I don't want it to make a wizard a great wyrm in one spell, the idea is power, potency and incredible lifespan). Is this possible?

-X

brujon
2009-05-26, 07:28 PM
C 337

I think this is pretty doable. But, dragons age rather slow. The most powerful types of dragon won't ever be available. What with the thing that when you hit the age cap for your race you die, no ressurrection, and most ways to avoid that is to become undead, which prevents becoming anything that isn't undead. But, i think it can be worked in the spell as an downside to the spell, so that it's not *too* powerful. I like it.

So...

Awakening the Dragon

Transmutation

Spellcraft DC: 66
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 10 minute
Range: 300 ft.
Target: One creature
Duration: Permanent
Saving Throw: Fortitude negates(Harmless)
Spell Resistance: Yes (Harmless)
To Develop: 594000gp, 12 days ; Seed: Transform (DC 21), Size range: Fine to Colossal (Assuming the caster who developed was medium we have to add +6 for fine, large, huge, gargantuan, and colossal, so +30), Ad Hoc -5 (Can't affect objects), Casting Time 10 minutes (- 20) Acquire all Supernatural and extraordinary abilities while maintaining own (Ad hoc +50), Can only change into dragons (Ad hoc -10), Only dragons same age as caster (Ad hoc -20) Change HP to match new con score (ad hoc +20)

At the end of the incantation, which descripts the habits, abilities, characteristics and mannerisms of the form of dragon he wishes to become or bestow upon another creature, the caster points to the recipient of the spell and shouts "Thou now shall become like this!", and the subject transforms into the type of dragon.

The subject’s equipment, if any, remains untransformed or melds into the new form’s body, at the caster’s option. The transformed creature or object acquires the physical and natural abilities, as well as the supernatural and extraordinary abilities of the creature or object it has been changed into while retaining its own memories and mental ability scores, the transformed creature also mantains it's supernatural and extraordinary abilities(Except those who relies explicitly on limbs possessed only by the transformed creature, such as a Illithids abilities to suck brains with it's tentacles). Mental abilities include personality, Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma scores, level and class, alignment, base attack bonus, base saves, extraordinary abilities, spells, and spell-like abilities, but not supernatural abilities. Physical abilities include natural size and Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution scores. Natural abilities include armor, natural weapons, and similar gross physical qualities (presence or absence of wings, number of extremities, and so forth), and possibly hardness.

The creature type and subtype changes to Dragon, and you are considered a True Dragon for purposes of feats and abilities (Such as Loredrake). Also, no one can tell that this transformation has ocurred(Except by divination), not even a dragon the species of the transformed. This transformation cannot be dispelled by the caster, or by anyone. It's permanent in all forms, and the creature does not exhibit an aura of transformation. It is forever changed.

-------------------------

Let me know wheter you liked it or not! Especially the ad hoc modifiers. I thought to myself that it was useless to transform into a dragon if you couldn't maintain all of the abilities you had in your previous form, but that it was silly to maintain abilities that you could only physically use with your old form. I also thought that the "it can't be dispelled" was befitting of an epic spell that changes so badly a creature, and so i added it without adding an ad-hoc modifier. Also, this is a spell that can be cast quite easily by any lvl 21 wizard. With only a 66 spell DC, a INT modifier of +11 and a spellcraft check of +24, you get +35 to the roll, with masterwork tools (+2), +37, you only need +19 from items to get the test on a take 10. It's pretty easy when you have Epic Wealth.

Zain
2009-05-27, 06:27 PM
hi guys

R339.
I need a(some) feat(s) to make ship-to ship comat esayer for my players, they are smart but they tend to roll badly...
(I am tried of killing them over a one to jump to the other ship, or other such sillyness)

any threads sugesstions would be healpfull too.

Thanks

Inkyrius
2009-05-27, 09:02 PM
R. 338
Hey guys, I'm currently working on a homebrew campaign website, and I'm having trouble making good races. I had an idea for one though; a humanoid kind of like an Elf, but with Fire Elemental traits. They'd have a humanoid appearence, but they could, at will, go all-fiery(like HeatBlast on Ben10 if you know what I mean?). But, I'm having trouble coming up with a balanced one. So, could anyone help me?
*EDIT: Oh, I forgot to mention it needs to be 4th edition, didn't I?

Alteran
2009-05-27, 10:01 PM
C. 338

I imagine making that at-will will be difficult, if you want it to give any meaningful bonuses. I wrote up a version with an encounter power, tell me if that's acceptable. I also had to guess a few things, they may not make sense. More info on the fluff will help if this isn't what you wanted.

Fire Elf Thing
Children of flame, whose fiery temper is matched only by their thirst for freedom and adventure.

Average Height: 5'5"-6'1"
Average Weight: 140-180 lb.

Ability Scores: +2 Strength, +2 Dexterity
Size: Medium
Speed: 6 squares
Vision: Normal

Languages: Common, Primordial.
Skill Bonuses: +2 Acrobatics, +2 Intimidate
Elemental Origin: Your ancestors were native to the Elemental Chaos, so you are considered an elemental creature for the purpose of effects that relate to creature origin.
Scorching Blood: You have resist cold and fire 5 + one-half your level.
Heritage of Flame: You can use heritage of flame as an encounter power.

Heritage of Flame - Fire Elf Thingy Racial Power
You draw upon the fire within to transform into an avatar of blazing flame.
Encounter
Standard Action - Personal
Requirement:You must be bloodied.
Effect: Until the end of the encounter, you gain a +1 bonus to speed, you deal 2 extra fire damage on a successful hit, and any enemy that hits you with a melee attack takes 2 fire damage.
Increase to 4 fire damage at 11th level, and 6 fire damage at 21st level for the second and third features of this power.
Special: When you create your character, choose Strength or Dexterity as the ability score that determines damage for this power. This choice remains throughout your character's life and cannot change.

I'm hoping that the autodamage for Heritage of Flames isn't too much. The problem is, of course, that anything resistant to fire at all (and there will be quite a few things) will ignore all of this damage.

As stated, I made a few stylistic choices (such as giving them Primordial) that you may want to change. Even if this isn't quite what you're looking for, I hope it helps. :smallsmile:

Inkyrius
2009-05-27, 10:04 PM
Thanks Alteran, it helped a lot! Do you mind if I use it on my site(after making a few, small, adjustments to make it fit into my campaign)? It's actually really good. But, I think I may change the name lol. :p

Alteran
2009-05-27, 10:07 PM
I imagined you'd want to change the name. :smallwink: Feel free to use/change it, but please credit me for the base of it if you're putting it on your website.

Inkyrius
2009-05-27, 10:12 PM
Okay, no probs on the giving you credit part.
*EDIT: Tell me if this (http://freylyncampaign.wikia.com/wiki/Flamekin_Elves) is enough credit :smallsmile:

Alteran
2009-05-30, 12:17 AM
That's fine, thanks. I just realized that I made a mistake, though. I left a line at the bottom of Heritage of Flame that says "Special: When you create your character, choose Strength or Dexterity as the ability score that determines damage for this power. This choice remains throughout your character's life and cannot change." This is left over from an earlier version of the power I made, it can now be removed entirely.

EdroGrimshell
2009-05-31, 11:18 AM
R340

I am currently working on creating a daelkyr heavy campaign for the summer, i need some feats that woul represent a daelkyr heritage with the openning feat granting only minor benefits. Anyone should be allowed to take these feats, so long as they are not already aberrations.

I am also making a prestige class to go with it but that is already well underway, i just need the feats for now (i will post the feats and PrC later giving credit where it is due)

Here's a rough idea for the first feat
Daelkyr Blood [Daelkyr Heritage]
The power of the daelkyr has manifested within you making you resilient to attacks on your mind. You also inherited some of the daelkyr’s madness.
Benefits: You gain a +2 bonus on Will saves against mind-affecting effects. Additionally, you gain a +1 racial bonus to your Charisma score and a -1 racial penalty to your Wisdom score.
Special: This feat can only be taken at 1st level

Suggestions for how to improve this feat are welcome

Connor Darkdart
2009-06-01, 01:46 PM
R341

Looking for/asking for some templates with an LA of no more than 4.

100 Con Bars to the good brewer who does this!

DracoDei
2009-06-01, 03:46 PM
hi guys

R339.
I need a(some) feat(s) to make ship-to ship comat esayer for my players, they are smart but they tend to roll badly...
(I am tried of killing them over a one to jump to the other ship, or other such sillyness)

any threads sugesstions would be healpfull too.

Thanks
H 339
For Feats? Skill Focus(Jump) and Skill Focus(Swim) sound like the solutions to that specific problem...

For another solution, try this on for size:

Boots of Boarding
These magical boots have saved many a sailors lives when pressing the attack against another ship.
For 5 rounds per day they can produce a Spiderclimb effect, and this effect may be activated quickly enough to save activate on impact with the side of a ship, however this effect can only be used on worked wooden surfaces. The rounds may be split up over several occasions. Once per week they can render the wearer highly bouyant for 3 rounds. This negates all armor and load penalties to Swim checks, and renders drowning impossible unless dragged under by a creature of at least Huge size. Swim checks are still required to make progress towards a destination or avoid a hazard. This effect activates automatically if the wearer is underwater for 3 consecutive rounds, giving the comrades of a unconscious person who falls overboard a brief chance to retrieve them before drowning occurs.
Market Price 500 GP

How does that sound?

Zain
2009-06-03, 03:10 PM
thanks

that is the sort of thing i need

deuxhero
2009-06-06, 10:56 PM
Having found out about Eucalyptus trees via Made of Explodium (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MadeOfExplodium)...

342.Eucalyptus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eucalyptus_tree) Treant (or other plant monster). Go!
(I don't intended to use it for anything, but I think it would be funny)

ScIaDrd
2009-06-07, 06:40 AM
A341
(shameless self-plug warning.) What about this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113090) ?(shameless self-plug warning.)
I know it is just one thing, but I hope you´ll still like it.

2009-06-12, 07:37 PM
R343?

I've had an idea for an NPC, but have no idea how to do it ruleswise. Basically, he's a powerful psion, but it's on a completely subconscious level. He's a small boy, but he is the son of one of the most powerful psions ever to have lived in this world. The idea is, his emotions actually form themselves into effects in the world, a la wilder but with no control. He doesn't even know he's doing it. I was thinking the level of the ability he uses could be based on the strength of the emotion, for example he's scared of the dark so if it's dark he instinctively casts light. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

DracoDei
2009-06-12, 08:05 PM
C343 Well, you do realize that the psionic equivalent of Light is glowing eyes that cast a cone of illumination? Other than that... it is mostly how you pick his powers... pick stuff that doesn't have an obvious source, and give him a special ability that he himself is never the center of any signs of manifestations, although, for instance, the objects he produces might hum instead of he himself having a hum around him (or whatever the audible sign of manifesting is)

2009-06-13, 05:12 AM
C343 Well, you do realize that the psionic equivalent of Light is glowing eyes that cast a cone of illumination? Other than that... it is mostly how you pick his powers... pick stuff that doesn't have an obvious source, and give him a special ability that he himself is never the center of any signs of manifestations, although, for instance, the objects he produces might hum instead of he himself having a hum around him (or whatever the audible sign of manifesting is)

Yeah that was one of the issues I had. I was kinda thinking more he would "know" every power but the power used was to an extent random, so if a person attacked him he wouldn't use a specific offensive power, but the more the person attacks him the more powerful the power gets.

Lord_Zaryn
2009-06-14, 02:27 PM
R344

Any good Shaman classes other then spirit shaman, I felt it was too weak.

Fitz10019
2009-06-14, 03:36 PM
R 345
D&D 3.5

Tortoiseshell armor, for druids, made from one tortoise. And a turtle variant, with appropriate differences.

Debihuman
2009-06-14, 05:50 PM
C 345

You can find Shell armor in Stormwrack.

What difference would there be between turtleshell armor and tortoiseshell armor? Both would have overlapping plates (the carapace). The exception would be a leatherback turtle armor, which would have more in common with leather armor than with the bony plates of other turtles and tortoises.

I suppose you could craft master work Shell armor and then add magical enhancements. Are you looking for something specific?

Debby

i see u
2009-06-15, 02:21 AM
Can I ask you to do a 3.5 prestige class?

TheYoungKing
2009-06-15, 02:28 AM
R 346

Could I request an adaptation of the Justiciar (Complete Warrior) to fit the demands of a slaver-style prestige class?

WarBrute
2009-06-15, 02:44 AM
R347

DnD 4e

I'm tend to make balancing mistakes so I looking for some on to write base stats for Lizardfolk as a player race in 4e dnd.

Also I do believe there is a monster called poison dust lizard folk(or something along that line) in monster manual III. Basicaly is its a small sized lizard folk that specializes in using poison and bolas. A conversion to 4e wouldbe much appreciated

Thanks

The_Admiral
2009-06-15, 04:23 AM
R:348?

I need an alchemist class.The one I want is based on FMA.I am having an headache limiting the transmutations yet allowing the players to mix and match.Help!!oh I am a first time DM too.And please be fast.Thank you.

Fitz10019
2009-06-15, 11:53 AM
C 345

That shell armor is a series of shells, while I was thinking of armor made from 1 specimen's shell, to fit 1 humanoid. I have nothing specific in mind -- I just thought I might get a creative response. Thanks for the Stormwrack reference.

TheYoungKing
2009-06-16, 02:19 PM
R 349

For editing the Barbarian base class, what would be a good way to add a natural bite attack into the normal progression of the base class?

alchemyprime
2009-06-16, 09:59 PM
R:348?

I need an alchemist class.The one I want is based on FMA.I am having an headache limiting the transmutations yet allowing the players to mix and match.Help!!oh I am a first time DM too.And please be fast.Thank you.

C 348

Not mine but I always liked the one here. (http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=498216) I am assuming you wanted one in 3.5. If you wanted one in 4e, then I would suggest the Transmuter from this site. (http://www.scribd.com/doc/3703481/4E-Classes-and-Races)

Okay, so I did no work. I still say these work.

R 349

For editing the Barbarian base class, what would be a good way to add a natural bite attack into the normal progression of the base class?

C 349

I've seen this done two or three ways.

A halfling rogue a buddy of mine played. He had a bite attack that dealed 1d4, but he needed to kill and eat at least one humanoid a day. If he went a day without it, he'd go berzerk and attack the other PCs, thinking they were monsters and try to eat them. This was just a flavor thing.
I'd say make it an alternative to Trap Sense. Get rid of Trap Sense from his progression and get rid of Fast Movement. Allow him to have a Bite attack that progresses for damage like a Monk's Unarmed Strike damage. Also, at 10th level, allow the barbarian to choose one of three abilities to use while raging with his bite attack.
Filth Fever (Ex): While raging, when the barbarian hits with a successful bite attack, the target contracts Filth Fever with the following changes: the incubation is 1 round, and the DC to shake it off is (10 + Barbarian's Con modifier + 1/2 barbarian level). At 15th level, the barbarian may choose between Filth Fever or Shakes. At 20th, the barbarian may choose between Filth Fever, Shakes or Slimy Doom. With Shakes and Slimy Doom, make the following changes: they are both Injury diseases, they have the same DC as Filth Fever does (10 + 1/2 barbarian's level + barbarian's Constitution modifier), and they have an incubation period of 2 rounds for Shakes and 3 rounds for slimy doom. The barbarian may do this up to (his Constitution modifier) times each rage.
Venom (Ex): While raging, the barbarian may apply a poison onto his teeth by accumulating the toxins in his body and focusing them to his mouth. This is like if the barbarian used Medium Spider Venom with the following change: the DC is (10 + 1/2 barbarian's level + barbarian's Constitution modifier). At 15th level, the barbarian may choose between the effects of Medium Spider Venom or Wyvern Poison. At 20th, the barbarian may choose between Medium Spider Venom, Wyvern Poison, Dragon Bile (except as an Injury poison, not a Contact poison) or Giant Wasp Poison. They all have the same DC (10 + 1/2 barbarian's level + barbarian's Constitution modifier). The barbarian may do this up to (his Constitution modifier) times each rage.
Acidic Bile (Ex): The barbarian, while raging, may vomit up pure bile onto his enemy while biting them. When the barbarian makes a successful bit attack, he may choose to add on 1d6 of acid damage to his bite damage. The target also takes 1d6 acid damage at the start of its turn for a number of rounds equal to the barbarian's Strength modifier. At 15th level, the acid deals 1d8 and at 20th level, the acid deals 2d6. The barbarian may do this up to (his Constitution modifier) times each rage.

I will admit that's off the top of my head.

You could pick a race with a bite attack. That could work.

Just my 2 cp.

The_Admiral
2009-06-18, 02:03 AM
[QUOTE=alchemyprime;6306542]C 348

Not mine but I always liked the one here. (http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=498216) I am assuming you wanted one in 3.5. If you wanted one in 4e, then I would suggest the Transmuter from this site. (http://www.scribd.com/doc/3703481/4E-Classes-and-Races)

Okay, so I did no work. I still say these work.

c 349

Those two was not exatly what I wanted.I needed an alchemist class that allows the player to be creative in transmutations alchemyprime.

Oh I am going to start a thread posting what I have got and asking for help.

I have started that thread it is very little but it is all I have got without balancing issues I can see.
The threads name is Need help with alchemist class inspiried by FMA.Base class 4e.Like the name implies,I NEED HELP!

Debihuman
2009-06-18, 10:43 PM
Request 350

I recently read the reviews of an RPG, "Fairy Meat" and would love to see a new sprite: cannibal fairy. I'm guessing it would be similar to a pixie but would be Tiny in size and would have alternate special abilities. No invisibility for example.

You could have a swarm of these murderous sprites whose favorite food is other sprites (and even other fey).

Any takers?

One more thing: the SRD has a chart for increase the size of monsters but does anyone know of a chart that decreases the size for monster?

Debby

P.S. on second thought maybe they should have memory loss and sleep arrows. Of course they could have other arrows too even poison arrows as long as they themselves are immune to the poison. After all they eat their prey!

foxtrotpenguin
2009-06-20, 10:58 PM
I need some interesting clockwork monsters . MOst of the ones presented in the MM's are golems with special attacks. Sorry if this is a bit vauge.

CriticalFumble
2009-06-22, 04:18 PM
R 351

3.5:
I'm looking for a magic weapon property that is a +1 equivalent and is an appropriate power for a "finisher."

There is a cleric in our group who consistently lands the final blow in combat, whether by spell or weapon. It is almost never purposeful, but it has happened by blind luck so many times I want to make it a recognized thing and wrap it into an upcoming magic item reward. So far the best I've come up with is maybe some kind of deathwatch effect, or an automatic damage bonus to opponents with a certain level of HP left. And I'm not too worried about something that might be broken with Cleave, since our cleric won't be taking that feat.

Ertier
2009-06-22, 05:05 PM
R 352

Looking for a CR 12 psionic monster themed around memories, preferably repressed memories.

Fireball.Man.Guy.
2009-06-22, 09:03 PM
R353

For those of you who have played Bioshock, I would like a 3.5 stats for a new monster: the Bouncer Big Daddy, preferably in the CR 6-8 range. Aspects I would like to see:

Big Drill
Roar
Knockback
Charge
Construct type

If these abilities seem too powerful for the CR, leave them out. I am a fairly poor judge of power, so I don't know if this is too much.

Occasional Sage
2009-06-23, 12:18 AM
If this thread is not the place to request base class homebrews, where should such a request go? I've been beating my head against this particular wall for too long and a fresh perspective or two would be nice!

afroakuma
2009-06-23, 10:07 AM
If this thread is not the place to request base class homebrews, where should such a request go? I've been beating my head against this particular wall for too long and a fresh perspective or two would be nice!

This is the correct place, yes.

Occasional Sage
2009-06-24, 01:44 AM
This is the correct place, yes.

Ah, I'll skip that bit of Gorbash's instructions then.

R 354

I'm looking for a new base class which is an academic arcane caster. I can't believe that the adventuring wizard would have the same skill set and progression path as a cloistered Guild mage, nor that the adventurer is necessarily more frightening. Sure she's learned how to throw fireballs and bind demons to aid her, but knowledge is power; the adventurer applies others' discoveries rather than breaking new ground.

Anybody feel up to creating the Ivory Tower Mage who would make adventurers speak politely?

Occasional Sage
2009-06-24, 01:48 AM
R 351

3.5:
I'm looking for a magic weapon property that is a +1 equivalent and is an appropriate power for a "finisher."

There is a cleric in our group who consistently lands the final blow in combat, whether by spell or weapon. It is almost never purposeful, but it has happened by blind luck so many times I want to make it a recognized thing and wrap it into an upcoming magic item reward. So far the best I've come up with is maybe some kind of deathwatch effect, or an automatic damage bonus to opponents with a certain level of HP left. And I'm not too worried about something that might be broken with Cleave, since our cleric won't be taking that feat.

C 351

Deathwatch doesn't seem to be quite right; perhaps Death Knell (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/deathKnell.htm), with a small tweak of fluff to override the alignment issue? Rather than absorbing the life force of the slain foe, she is given a surge of power by her deity.

CriticalFumble
2009-06-24, 03:59 AM
C 351

Deathwatch doesn't seem to be quite right; perhaps Death Knell (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/deathKnell.htm), with a small tweak of fluff to override the alignment issue? Rather than absorbing the life force of the slain foe, she is given a surge of power by her deity.

To be quite frank, we usually toss the (enemy) minis off the table once they hit negatives. Except for rare occasions when the party wants a captive, nobody cares whether the enemies are unconscious or dead, so I stop keeping track. Our finisher is the one who consistently knocks the opponents negative to begin with.

Anxe
2009-06-24, 11:52 AM
To be quite frank, we usually toss the (enemy) minis off the table once they hit negatives. Except for rare occasions when the party wants a captive, nobody cares whether the enemies are unconscious or dead, so I stop keeping track. Our finisher is the one who consistently knocks the opponents negative to begin with.

I think it should be a death knell effect that goes off when an enemy hits the negatives from the finisher's attack. Example: Finisher hits Goblin with 5 HP left. Goblin takes 6 damage and goes to -1 and unconsciousness. Finisher ability then activates and drains life from Goblin and gives it to Finisher.

CriticalFumble
2009-06-24, 06:15 PM
I think it should be a death knell effect that goes off when an enemy hits the negatives from the finisher's attack. Example: Finisher hits Goblin with 5 HP left. Goblin takes 6 damage and goes to -1 and unconsciousness. Finisher ability then activates and drains life from Goblin and gives it to Finisher.

Hmm... This is going to sound a little 4e, but would a spontaneous casting of cure light wounds when dropping an opponent below zero be approriate for +1? This is beefier than a deathknell effect, but I like that it will work against undead and summoned enemies.

Anxe
2009-06-24, 09:35 PM
Hmm... This is going to sound a little 4e, but would a spontaneous casting of cure light wounds when dropping an opponent below zero be approriate for +1? This is beefier than a deathknell effect, but I like that it will work against undead and summoned enemies.

That's pretty powerful for a +1. A comparison ability is Bodyfeeder. A +3 that heals the user for the amount of damage it deals only on critical hits.

Vaynor
2009-06-24, 09:45 PM
R344

Any good Shaman classes other then spirit shaman, I felt it was too weak.

I made a Shaman class a bit back, based on what a shaman leader of a barbaric tribe would be.

Here's (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2378688#post2378688) a link.

Lord_Zaryn
2009-06-25, 12:29 AM
C 354

I really enjoy Jane_Smith's version of the Wizard (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108736). It is truly the adventuring Wizard.

Occasional Sage
2009-06-25, 07:51 PM
C 354

I really enjoy Jane_Smith's version of the Wizard (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108736). It is truly the adventuring Wizard.

But I'm wanting a not-adventuring wizard!

EdroGrimshell
2009-06-26, 04:57 PM
I need class features for a potion based alchemist. I have Magic of Eberron and am planning on using some of the abilities, i need thing for normal alchemy not for actual potions, although some offensive options would be useful.

Thanks in advance :smallsmile:

Froogleyboy
2009-06-27, 08:47 PM
R120.
Ok, I'm looking for a PRC. I want it to be called the "Confectiomancer" (based on the thread by Vorple tribble about Peanut butter golems, and inspired by the various treat-like monsters) it should be full casting (the spells on its list should be all food related) and it should have a "tasty" theme. Maybe a compaion-like thing that is a type-of-food golem? Go wild

sankai
2009-06-27, 08:50 PM
I'll take R. 120, but it may be awhile. If anyone else wants to give this a shot, go ahead.

fetfet
2009-06-27, 09:09 PM
R.356

I'm looking for 1-2 races for my campaign setting of Airiu. The setting in influenced by Celtic Religion, druidic tradition, and ongoing diplomatic war, mediated by a group of archetypal adventurers called "The Sacred Band."

One of the races should be martial-oriented, and relatively "fae", insofar as appearance and traditions, maybe in type. Try to keep the LA low, if at all. The next race, if you've got time, should be relatively spirit-like, beings from "beyond", with human traits. Same deal, but more mystically linked.

Thanks in advance to anybody who does these! Expect cookies and chocolate milk!!!

Jesse Drake
2009-06-27, 10:25 PM
I'm looking for a d20 modern super hero ruling. Originally, I figured I'd do whatever with the additional gaining of invocations as a warlock, but does anyone have any ideas on how to rule this?

Jane_Smith
2009-06-28, 01:14 AM
I am looking for .... something rather odd.

You all know the artifacts - the Orbs of Dragonkind, no? I want a... modified set of 'balls'. :smallamused:

Inspired by an old, old game called Legend of Dragoon I feel in love with in my younger years, basically these artifacts allowed the wearer to imbue themselves with the spirits of the dragons of the orbs. These orbs are only sentient via empathy and are not that intelligent - more or less you can feel their rage, peace, etc of nearby things and actions. Nor do they have ego scores in which to manipulate you; you control them fully.

When used, for a limited amount of time, you get access to spell-like abilities, supernatural powers, flight, magical set of armor (im thinking of the spell from Forgotten Realms, Silver Dragon Mail, whenever you activate an orb that replaces your current armor, but your old armor returns when it goes off). Not to mention the able to manipulate dragons of the same color as the spirit orb.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaMWwEgSYuo (In its day it was an awesome game - it was only forgotten because it was created at the same time as FF 7... thus it got mostly ignored by the giant FF crowd. x.x)

Karma Guard
2009-06-28, 08:49 PM
R104 359

Simple: I need a name for a Small psionic race. It's a manufactured thrall race that is currently in the middle of an uprising. It looks humanoid, but is basically made from nonliving material with a psicrystal taped to the forehead.

The country is sort of like... 'US Southwest Cowboy Sort Of Time Period, But With Psionics!'.

I am so bad at names help :c

nysisobli
2009-06-29, 06:29 AM
Jane smith i will take your homebrew request, i just have to remember what all of them do, what color is the earth orb going to represent? Do ou also need an omega?

Pm me the response please

RAGE KING!
2009-06-29, 11:54 AM
R.123

I would like somebody to write up the stats for a duck, in the style of the animal entries in the monster manual. Thanks in advance.

Froogleyboy
2009-06-29, 11:59 AM
R120.
Ok, I'm looking for a PRC. I want it to be called the "Confectiomancer" (based on the thread by Vorple tribble about Peanut butter golems, and inspired by the various treat-like monsters) it should be full casting (the spells on its list should be all food related) and it should have a "tasty" theme. Maybe a compaion-like thing that is a type-of-food golem? Go wild

first time reposted

Siosilvar
2009-06-29, 12:46 PM
I'm looking for a d20 modern super hero ruling. Originally, I figured I'd do whatever with the additional gaining of invocations as a warlock, but does anyone have any ideas on how to rule this?
I am looking for .... something rather odd.

You all know the artifacts - the Orbs of Dragonkind, no? I want a... modified set of 'balls'. :smallamused:

Inspired by an old, old game called Legend of Dragoon I feel in love with in my younger years, basically these artifacts allowed the wearer to imbue themselves with the spirits of the dragons of the orbs. These orbs are only sentient via empathy and are not that intelligent - more or less you can feel their rage, peace, etc of nearby things and actions. Nor do they have ego scores in which to manipulate you; you control them fully.

When used, for a limited amount of time, you get access to spell-like abilities, supernatural powers, flight, magical set of armor (im thinking of the spell from Forgotten Realms, Silver Dragon Mail, whenever you activate an orb that replaces your current armor, but your old armor returns when it goes off). Not to mention the able to manipulate dragons of the same color as the spirit orb.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaMWwEgSYuo (In its day it was an awesome game - it was only forgotten because it was created at the same time as FF 7... thus it got mostly ignored by the giant FF crowd. x.x)359
R104

Simple: I need a name for a Small psionic race. It's a manufactured thrall race that is currently in the middle of an uprising. It looks humanoid, but is basically made from nonliving material with a psicrystal taped to the forehead.

The country is sort of like... 'US Southwest Cowboy Sort Of Time Period, But With Psionics!'.

I am so bad at names help :c
I would like somebody to write up the stats for a duck, in the style of the animal entries in the monster manual. Thanks in advance.

sankai
2009-06-30, 07:58 AM
At Froogleyboy: I'm almost done with your class

EDIT: here you go. I deliberately left out the spell table, as I'm no good at making those. I'm rather new to this, so if i accidentally forgot anything else, let me know.

Confectiomancer

Class Skills
The Confectiomancer's class skills are Craft (Magic Item), Knowledge (Food), Concentration and Use Magic Device.

Skills Points at Each Level: 6 + int

Hit Dice: d10

Level Base Attack Bonus Fort Save Ref Save Will Save Special
1st +0 +1 +1 +1 Magic Chocolate
2nd +1 +2 +2 +2 Peppermint Blast
3rd +3 +3 +3 +4 Marzipan Golem
4th +0 +5 +4 +6 Stunning Con. Illu.
5th +5 +6 +5 +7 Tempting Sweets
6th +5 +7 +6 +8 Favored Sweet
7th +6 +7 +7 +9 Gingerbread Man
8th +7 +7 +7 +10 Sundae Meteor
9th +8 +7 +8 +11 Create Dessert
10th +8 +8 +9 +12 Caramel Scrying

Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: Confectiomancers are proficient with all simple and martial weapons and with light armor.

At the first level, a Confectiomancer gains the ability Magic Chocolate as a spell like ability. Roll the d20. If the total is 10 or higher, the caster eats a chocolate and receives half HP back.

At the second level, a Confectiomancer gains the ability Peppermint Blast as a spell like ability. Upon a successful attack, a Confectiomancer has the choice to use Peppermint blast. A blast of minty fresh air hits your enemy for a +4 bonus to damage.

At the third level, a Confectiomancer gains the ability Marzipan Golem as a spell like ability. This allows them to create a Golem out of Marzipan, with 80 HP and 90 MP. Creating this golem takes one turn. After creation, until it is destroyed, the Marzipan Golem can heal you or attack your enemies.

At the fourth level, a Confectiomancer gains the ability Stunning Confectioner's Illusion as a spell. This allows them to create a illusion around their enemy, causing them to believe they are being surrounded by candy. The enemy gets a saving roll to overcome the effects. Roll the d20. If the total is 15 or higher, plus any bonuses, the illusion is disbelieved. Otherwise, your opponent believes your illusion and is stunned for two turns.

At the fifth level, a Confectiomancer gains the ability Tempting Sweets. After using this ability, the user gains a +3 bonus to Gather Information and Persuade checks.

At the sixth level, a Confectiomancer gains the ability Favored Sweet. This is similar to the ranger ability Favored Enemy, except the Confectiomancer chooses a candy/confection. Whenever the user is carrying that sweet on their person, they gain a +1 bonus to all except knowledge checks.

At the seventh level, a Confectiomancer gains the ability Gingerbread Man as a spell like ability. This ability is an improvement on the Marzipan Golem ability. The Confectiomancer is capable of creating a Gingerbread Golem which has 90 HP and 100 MP, is capable of healing and attacking, and can also create Minor Illusions.

At th eighth level, a Confectiomancer gains the ability Sundae Meteor as a spell like ability. This allows them to call down a Meteor made of Ice Cream Sundae. This Meteor does 100 base damage and also adds the following damage points:

If the enemy is an elemental, add +5

If the enemy is a beast, add +10

If the enemy is small, add +15.

At the ninth level, a Confectiomancer gains the ability Create Dessert as a spell like ability. At the player's discretion, or if they have no food, a Confectiomancer is capable of creating a dessert. This will nourish the character the same amount a meal would. However, the Confectiomancer must make a roll to avoid becoming ill from the effects of replacing a meal with a mostly sugary food. Roll the d20. If the total is five or higher, the dessert replaces the meal and nourishes, if not, the character suffers a -2 penalty to all movement checks.

At the tenth level, a Confectiomancer gains the ability Caramel Scrying as a spell like ability. The player chooses one location they have traveled to, and are now capable of scrying on that area, as long as they have a caramel on their person. The player must already be carrying one to use this ability.

Kris Strife
2009-06-30, 09:15 AM
361. I'd like to see a PRC or two for Dragon Flame Adept from Dragon Magic. One that actually fits the theme and improves the various class abilities? 3.5 of course.

Vagnarok
2009-06-30, 10:12 AM
R. 362

Hello all. I'm working on a dramatic boss battle in which the PC's good friend Joshua the Monk is forced (magically) to turn on them. Over the course of the battle he gradually mutates into a half human monk, half scorpion/tarantula hybrid. The end result will be a centaur like configuration, with a human torso upon an 8 legged scorpion body with a tail. He'll have two large bony blades on arms that burst from his back like wings (think of the arms on a tyranid lictor from warhammer 40k).
http://ingeneri.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/tyranid.jpg

The idea is for him to continue to transform as his HP lowers. At first he'll just be human. Then he'll get sick, and the party will have to stop whatever they're doing to care for him, but as they're getting ready to settle down and care for their sick friend, the transformation begins!
1st stage: His skin will harden into an exo skeletonish thing giving him slight DR.
2nd stage: His scorpion tail will burst from his lower back
3rd stage: his two lictor arms burst forth
4th stage: he'll grow the abdomen and the rest of his legs to improve his speed. For this stage I'm thinking of adding a tarantula like feature. Maybe spinnerets to shoot webs and the like.

What I need are stats to make this balanced against my characters. I would like a difficult fight for a group of 4 or 5 level 5-6 PCs, they are Cleric, paladin, rogue, ranger and (to be determined). I want to make this very difficult, but doable.

Thanks to whoever wants to work with me on this!

Lady Tialait
2009-06-30, 10:19 AM
R. 363

I am starting a campaign soon. I need a Raccoon Anthromorph. Can someone help me with this? No more then +1 LA..and not even that if possible.

Tempest Fennac
2009-07-01, 02:29 AM
R. 363

(I can't think of a decent name, but culturewise, I was thinking of having them as being hunter-gatherers who often launch raiding parties on towns and villages to steal supplies while generally being Neutral or Chaotic).

+2 Dex, -2 Con.
Medium sized.
40' Movement.
Low-Light Vision.
+2 to all Hide, Move Silently and Sleight of Hand checks.
Automatically gains the Rapid Reload feat for both Slings and Hand Crossbows, which are classed as Light Crossbows regarding proficiency.
Favoured Class: Rogue.

Height: 5'-5'10".
Weight: 90 Lbs- 140 Lbs.
Starting ages: Simple: 13+1d3. Moderate: 13+1d6. Complex: 13+2d4.
Age catagories: Adult: 13. Middle Aged: 30. Old: 45. Venerable: 60.
Maximum lifespan: 1d10+Con.

I think this amounts to LA 0. Alternatively, you may find http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Lotorian_%28DnD_Race%29 useful.

fetfet
2009-07-01, 09:58 AM
R.356

I'm looking for 1-2 races for my campaign setting of Airiu. The setting in influenced by Celtic Religion, druidic tradition, and ongoing diplomatic war, mediated by a group of archetypal adventurers called "The Sacred Band."

One of the races should be martial-oriented, and relatively "fae", insofar as appearance and traditions, maybe in type. Try to keep the LA low, if at all. The next race, if you've got time, should be relatively spirit-like, beings from "beyond", with human traits. Same deal, but more mystically linked.

Thanks in advance to anybody who does these! Expect cookies and chocolate milk!!!

first repost.

Falconer
2009-07-01, 11:47 PM
R. 364

Can anyone fix me up with a homebrewed version of good ol' Lovecraft's Hounds of Tindalos? (D&D 3.5, of course). Or, perhaps, could they link me to some version that may or may not already exist? Or recommend any monsters that could easily be tweaked/reflavored to make a good Hound?

Dirt_Kami
2009-07-04, 05:20 AM
R.356

One of the races should be martial-oriented, and relatively "fae", insofar as appearance and traditions, maybe in type. Try to keep the LA low, if at all.

How about redcaps from the Monster Manual III? angry little fey dudes that run around with scythes. I tried to make a player race out of them once

Redcaps
* +2 Strength, -2 charisma.
* Small: +1 to Armor Class, a +1 on attack rolls and a +4 on Hide checks.
* Fey Blood: For all effects related to race they are considered fey.
* A redcaps base land speed is 20 feet (base land speed is 30 when wearing iron boots).
* Low-Light Vision
* Weapon Proficiency: Redcaps receive the Martial Weapon Proficiency feat for the scythe as a bonus feat.
*Vulnerability to Cold Iron: Redcaps take 5 more damage from weapons made of cold iron.
* Powerful Build (only when wearing a bright red hat)
* Automatic Languages: Common and Sylvan. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Giant, Gnoll, Toad.
* Favored Class: Fighter.
* Level Adjustment: 0

Dirt_Kami
2009-07-04, 05:31 AM
R. 363

I am starting a campaign soon. I need a Raccoon Anthromorph. Can someone help me with this? No more then +1 LA..and not even that if possible.

Raccoon
* +2 Intelligence, -2 strength.
* A raccoons base land speed is 20 feet.
* Low-Light Vision
Pass without Trace (Su): A raccoon has the innate ability to use pass without trace (self only, as a free action) as the spell cast by a druid of the raccoon's class levels.
* +2 racial bonus on saving throws against illusions.
* +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against kobolds, goblinoids, orcs, and reptilian humanoids.
* +4 dodge bonus to Armor Class against creatures of the giant type (such as ogres, trolls, and hill giants).
* +2 racial bonus on Listen checks
* +4 racial bonus on Hide checks, which improves to +8 in a wooded area.
* Automatic Languages: Common, Sylvan and a simple language that enables them to communicate on a very basic level with forest animals. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant and Goblin.
* Favored Class: Illusionist.

Raccoon (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/gnome.htm#forestGnome)

Vagnarok
2009-07-07, 08:52 AM
R. 362

Hello all. I'm working on a dramatic boss battle in which the PC's good friend Joshua the Monk is forced (magically) to turn on them. Over the course of the battle he gradually mutates into a half human monk, half scorpion/tarantula hybrid. The end result will be a centaur like configuration, with a human torso upon an 8 legged scorpion body with a tail. He'll have two large bony blades on arms that burst from his back like wings (think of the arms on a tyranid lictor from warhammer 40k).
http://ingeneri.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/tyranid.jpg

The idea is for him to continue to transform as his HP lowers. At first he'll just be human. Then he'll get sick, and the party will have to stop whatever they're doing to care for him, but as they're getting ready to settle down and care for their sick friend, the transformation begins!
1st stage: His skin will harden into an exo skeletonish thing giving him slight DR.
2nd stage: His scorpion tail will burst from his lower back
3rd stage: his two lictor arms burst forth
4th stage: he'll grow the abdomen and the rest of his legs to improve his speed. For this stage I'm thinking of adding a tarantula like feature. Maybe spinnerets to shoot webs and the like.

What I need are stats to make this balanced against my characters. I would like a difficult fight for a group of 4 or 5 level 5-6 PCs, they are Cleric, paladin, rogue, ranger and (to be determined). I want to make this very difficult, but doable.

Thanks to whoever wants to work with me on this!

First repost.

fetfet
2009-07-07, 03:58 PM
How about redcaps from the Monster Manual III? angry little fey dudes that run around with scythes. I tried to make a player race out of them once

Redcaps
* +2 Strength, -2 charisma.
* A redcaps base land speed is 20 feet (base land speed is 30 when wearing iron boots).
* Low-Light Vision
* Weapon Proficiency: Redcaps receive the Martial Weapon Proficiency feat for the scythe as a bonus feat.
*Vulnerability to Cold Iron: Redcaps take 5 more damage from weapons made of cold iron.
* Powerful Build (only when wearing a bright red hat)
* Automatic Languages: Common and Sylvan. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Giant, Gnoll, Toad.
* Favored Class: Fighter.

Cool, thanks.

horngeek
2009-07-09, 06:53 AM
R. 365

This is a Naruto d20 homebrew request, first off.

Now, given that the 3rd Naruto art book has been published, including art of all the Tailed Beasts, would somone be willing to homebrew up the Tailed Beasts (and templates for their Jinchūriki) that haven't been done in the Naruto d20 book?

An overview of each (or at least what is known) can be found here. (http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Tailed_beasts) I don't mind if libeties are taken if the exact abilities are not known.

2-tailed Monster Cat is known to have fire abilities, the 3-Tailed Giant Turtle seems to have water and Genjutsu abilities, the Four-Tailed Monkey has Lava techniques, the Seven-Tailed Horned Beetle may have wind techniques (speculation based on the fact that its 'tails' are actually wings). Not sure on the others

EdroGrimshell
2009-07-11, 12:51 AM
R 366

I will be running a campaign soon where everyone will be playing a slighly improved version of the NPC classes. I need help coming up with effective modifications for this to work.

What should i do with the following classes to make them more suitable for a PC campaign
Magewright
Expert
Warrior
Adept

These are the classes being used by the players (Two experts, one a thief, the other, a street performer and con man). I already have a few bonus feats thrown in and expanded spell lists for the adept and magewright. Any ideas would be nice, thx

Shademan
2009-07-12, 09:07 AM
anyone here that might be interested in helping me make a module, so to say, of Tellos (yes the comic). I'm thinking of using D&D as a base and work on it from there.
we'll be needing races, some monsters, classes and maybe tweak the item lists a little.

DracoDei
2009-07-12, 10:02 AM
R 354
Quick way to make a non-adventuring wizard: Doesn't prepare spells, but must cast with his spellbook in front of him(for reference), and open to the correct pages. Spells per day limits still apply, but remember you can use higher level slots for lower level spells. Also, multiply all casting times by 10, except if the casting time is at least 1 hour (in which case it is unchanged).

Edit: To give it back some power(since I only now reread your original post): Adds class level to all spellcraft checks as an untyped(insight?) bonus (just keep them away from Epic level spells, or AT LEAST make the x10 casting time apply to those too), and gets wizard bonus feats at 2nd level and every 3 after that (So 2, 5, 8, 11, 14, 17, 20) instead of at 5th and every 5 after that. Maybe even give them UMD as a class skill, but it takes them a minimum of 1 minute to do anything with it.

deuxhero
2009-07-17, 08:49 PM
new request #367.

Can anyone make a bard prc that focuses on miming with abilitys such as concentrating to make a wall of force and producing mundane objects (rope, boxes)?

PersonMan
2009-07-18, 12:18 PM
R.368

I need a "monster" (Leave the appearance blank, I have one already) that uses the four classical elements to do battle. I'm thinking of at-will SLAs.

-Needs to be CRs 5-6. My party has a very high damage output, fast healing is a must

-Preferably have the wind-type ability have a knockback, and the earth one manipulating the environment

-Possibly scaling DCs/damage (gains power as battle continues)

I'm using this for tomorrow's session, so I'll need it soon. Thanks ahead of time.

Xenre
2009-07-19, 04:18 AM
R. 369

I 'm looking for a 1/2 or 1 CR Pygmy for a jungle kingdom in a 3.5 homebrew world. It should be a small Humanoid [Human]. They are replacing goblins and should make good use of ranged weapons and poison.

alchemyprime
2009-07-19, 10:02 AM
R. 370

Never thought I'd need to request something...

I need help. One pressing matter and one more relaxed manner. Both are 3.5.

R. 370.1
I need some new vestiges for a binder PC. 1st or 2nd level preferred. But I'd need them PMed or IMed to me. And they'd need to use some... questionable books...
PM me if you are interested.

R. 370.2
This one isn't as pressing, but I was wondering if anyone had a conversion guide from Tome of Magic to Secrets of Pact Magic and back again. Let me know if one exists. Thank you.

Serebii
2009-07-20, 01:12 PM
R: 371

Well, first I gotta ask if 4e applications work? I kinda just read the first page and then moved on to this...:smallredface:
If they are, I'm looking for a level one solo monster, quite intelligent. Like, taunting the players, maybe even making deals. It needs to be easily adaptable for higher levels (I'll probably make different versions, like the zombies have). This is gonna be a monster that lives deep underground (anywhere from dungeon to Underdark) and has other creatures working for it. Mind control, godliness, dragon-kobold relationship, whatever. These are gonna be the party's biggest challenge, so I'm really countin' on ya! Uniqueness is a huge must. Signature abilties. Strange appearance. Back-story and pictures are a plus, but not neccesary. This is not urgent or anything, take your time. Quality. Thanks in advance!!:smallbiggrin:

EDIT: R: 372

Just a quick request, 4e stat's for 8-Bit Theatres sword-chucks! I'm sure they've probably been made, so just direct me to the post. Otherwise, homebrew away, my loyal slaves/ best friends who I do not know!

bytbyt
2009-07-21, 11:46 AM
Could Someone Right up Statictis for the Heresy Dragon from the Panzer Dragoon Games CR 20

Mahtobedis
2009-07-21, 09:16 PM
Could I get some help making a Naga player class?

I'm having trouble making one that doesn't wind up being really gimped or insanely broken. I would like to try and avoid a level adjustment higher then 2 but I can live with a higher one.

Dirt_Kami
2009-07-22, 01:23 AM
R. 369

I 'm looking for a 1/2 or 1 CR Pygmy for a jungle kingdom in a 3.5 homebrew world. It should be a small Humanoid [Human]. They are replacing goblins and should make good use of ranged weapons and poison.

Pygmy, 1st-Level Warrior
Size/Type: Small Humanoid (Human)
Hit Dice: 1d8+1 (5 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30 ft.
Armor Class: 12 (+1 size, +1 Dex), touch 12, flat-footed 11
Base Attack/Grapple: +1/-3
Attack: Longspear +3 melee (1d6/19-20) or blowgun +5 ranged (1d2/20 plus poison)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Qualities: Pygmy traits
Saves: Fort +3, Ref +1, Will -1
Abilities: Str 11, Dex 13, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 9, Cha 8
Skills: Climb +2, Hide +4, Jump -4, Listen +3, Move Silently +1
Feats: Weapon Focus (blowgun)
Environment: Warm forests
Organization: Hunting band (2-4), warband (11-20 plus 2 3rd-level barbarianss and 1 witchdoctor of 3rd-6th level), or tribe (30-100 plus 100% noncombatants plus 1 3rd-level barbarian per 20 adults, 5 5th-level witchdoctors, 3 7th-level barbarians, 6-10 dogs, and 2-5 riding dogs)
Challenge Rating: ½
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Usually neutral (cannibal tribes are neutral evil)
Advancement: By character class
Level Adjustment: +0

Poison (Ex)
Injury, Fortitude DC 11 deals initial and secondary damage of 1d6 Dex.
Witchdoctors brew a more potent poison with a DC of 16

Pygmys build villages along rivers and burn clearings in the jungle to plant their crops. In addition, they gather the most abundant food source in their environment, fish, and hunt with poison-tipped weapons. Some have turned to darker gods and are cannibals.

Pygmy Traits (Ex)

* +2 Dexterity, -2 Strength.
* Small size. +1 bonus to Armor Class, +1 bonus on attack rolls, +4 bonus on Hide checks, -4 penalty on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits ¾ those of Medium characters.
* A pygmy’s base land speed is 30 feet.
* Weapon Proficiency: Pygmys receive the Weapon Proficiency feats for the blowgun and longspear as bonus feats.
* Poison Use: pygmys use poison extensively when hunting, and as a result never poison themselves when applying poison to a weapon or when using a poisoned weapon in combat. Pygmys make extensive use of poisons harvested from vermin, particularly those that damage Dexterity scores.
* +2 racial bonus on Climb, Jump, and Move Silently checks.
* +2 racial bonus on Fortitude saying throws against poison: Pygmys have adapted a resistance to their own favorite method of bringing down prey.
* +1 racial bonus on attack rolls with blowguns.
* +2 racial bonus on Listen checks.
* Automatic Languages: Pygmy. Bonus Languages: Common, Elven, Gnome, Yuan-Ti.
* Favored Class: Barbarian (or maybe the hunter variant (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#barbarian)).

Based on Pygmys (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/races/environmentalRacialVariants.htm#jungleHalflings)

Xenre
2009-07-22, 06:22 AM
Dirt_Kami, Thank you, this is perfect! :smallbiggrin:

Muz
2009-07-23, 01:13 PM
R.373
I'm in need of a general layout and logistical description of a gladiatorial arena in a capital city, with attention to where upper and lower class sit, how admission is handled, and how the riff-raff are kept out of the upper class areas, some of which I suppose may be reserved automatically for certain noble houses and such. Also: How the fight purse is handled, as someone may be trying to steal it. :smallwink:

Edit: I forgot to mention that this is a D&D setting, low-to-medium magic setting, if it matters. :smallsmile:

Moqireh
2009-07-23, 01:42 PM
R: 374

I'm looking for a way to make shields a little more viable compared to Two-weapon fighting or a two-handed weapon. I'm thinking of giving them a AC boost and would like some oppinions on weather or not that's a good idea.

Shield name/Old Value/New value

Light Wooden S./+1 -> +2
Light Steel S./+1 -> +2
Heavy Wooden S./+2 -> +4
Heavy Steel S./+2 -> +4
Tower Shield /+4 -> +6

So I request comments/an alternative/link to where this is discussed(couldn't find it)

Froogleyboy
2009-07-23, 03:20 PM
R: 375

Ok this is for star wars saga edition

I would like an "Echani training" talent tree

for info on the Echani here you go (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Echani)

Obahai
2009-07-24, 02:37 PM
R.376

a 3.5 wand wielding PrC,

if one already exists, please send me the link

thanks

Obahai

Kellus
2009-07-24, 02:40 PM
R.376

a 3.5 wand wielding PrC,

if one already exists, please send me the link

thanks

Obahai

Can you be more specific? What do you want it to be able to do with wands?

Obahai
2009-07-24, 02:46 PM
Its a 1 ninja/5 wu jen/5 spellwarp sniper, and i'm trying to take more advantage of ray specialization

for example if i catch my target flat footed and deliver a wand strike i do 1d6 wand damage plus 3d6+3 sudden strike + 11d6 ray of fire ball damage

my role in the party is to be a glass cannon

Hawkeye
2009-07-30, 06:28 PM
R 377

I'd like a 3.5ed PrC for a spontaneous divine spell caster (going off the favoured soul class), going towards the offensive combat style rather than a defensive back up caster. It's for a type of character who is a spell caster, expects full well to be a spell caster, but is packing as much combat gear than the main fighter of the party has on him.

The type of thing I'm looking for is about this (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Celestial_Beacon_(3.5e_Prestige_Class)), but it's got to be far less obscenely broken than that example.

edit: ((the intended recipient will be a winged celestial, if that could be factored in it'll be awesome))

Cheers in advance :smallsmile:

zugschef
2009-08-01, 08:30 AM

I need an epic progression for the eternal blade (tob) prestige class. I've had some ideas of my own, too but it's always better to have more than one source.

(I've already asked krimm_blackleaf (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=12343), but unfortunately he's very busy right now. maybe he develops his own epic martial prc-progressions -- I definitely hope so --, but right now I can't wait.)

I'd really appreciate your help guys! =)

Lord of Syntax
2009-08-03, 08:10 PM
R. 379
Not really homebrew, but i need a anthropomorphic bat (As the template from sav. species)

An unnatural 20
2009-08-05, 08:24 AM
Hi all-

I'm running a 3.5 game with all books as a source. This is the first (mostly) evil party I've had.

We've got home-brewed Gods and I have a player that is a Mystic Thurge devoted to one of our CE evil Gods. The God has Chaos, Trickery, Luck and and Fire as domains and has Deception and Vice as his spheres.

I am working on a set of home brewed magic items that are scattered around that belonged to long slain followers of said god.

Any thoughts on this item? Is it to over powerful or does the chance of Death even it out? This item is based off of the Luck domain. Would you chance using this item if you were a 3rd level caster?

Thanks- Au20

Dinpotte’s Chicanerous Die – This lustrous black sapphire die features 20 sides. When rolled the die bounces, spins and gyrates before finally coming to rest. The die can be rolled once per day and it takes a standard action to do so. When the die is picked up, the roller gains one of the following:

20 – Dinpotte smiles and grants you assistance; reroll.
.......20 – Dinpotte grants his lucky follower a Miracle.
.......1-19 – Moment of Prescience.

19 – Spell turning.
16-18 – Mislead.
11-15 – Freedom of Movement.
2-10 - Protection from Energy
1 – Dinpotte smiles and demands a sacrifice, reroll.
........02-20 - Moment of Doubt. One of your next ten rolls (DM secret roll) will suffer the reverse of Moment of Prescience.
........1 – Dinpotte casts Soul Bind on you and takes the die.

DracoDei
2009-08-05, 01:22 PM
Reply to the above: Why does it activate when the die is PICKED UP, rather than when it is rolled?
Sounds like if you get a result you don't like, or even one you want to save, you can just Stone Shape a dome around it and leave...
Also, since you were providing the item for critique, it would have been better in its own thread.

An unnatural 20
2009-08-06, 08:56 AM
Thanks- good point. I'll have to change that.

Gamerlord
2009-08-06, 12:29 PM
R.380

I need a CR 5 construct designed as a shock trooper, to break through enemy defenses so that weaker troopers can finish off the rest.

The Witch-King
2009-08-07, 08:34 PM
R. 381

Pumpkineater is homebrewing elves for his campaign (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6674593#post6674593) and it reminded me of something I've had in mind for some time.

Can anyone suggest how to bring this card from Magic the Gathering over into D&D?

http://bidwicket.com/Item/C/Collectible_Card_Games/Magic_the_Gathering/Singles/Promotional_Cards/54721_1M_Llanowar_Elves__Gateway_.JPEG

Those who are acquainted with Magic the Gathering will of course know that these elves generate a point of mana, which is what is used to cast spells in the game. Is there a mechanic to bring over something similar for elves in 3.5 D&D? Thanks!

The Witch-King
2009-08-07, 08:37 PM
R.380

I need a CR 5 construct designed as a shock trooper, to break through enemy defenses so that weaker troopers can finish off the rest.

You could always use a Rageforged barbarian:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55831

Shevarash's_Son
2009-08-08, 09:30 AM
R.382
4E
This would be an exotic weapon for only a warforged it would be a a bastard sword that when the command was given would extend and have reach would this weapon be fair and if not how could it be fair, what dice would i use for it, and would i need to take profecency for both ends

jmbrown
2009-08-09, 06:12 PM

Well, first I gotta ask if 4e applications work? I kinda just read the first page and then moved on to this...:smallredface:
If they are, I'm looking for a level one solo monster, quite intelligent. Like, taunting the players, maybe even making deals. It needs to be easily adaptable for higher levels (I'll probably make different versions, like the zombies have). This is gonna be a monster that lives deep underground (anywhere from dungeon to Underdark) and has other creatures working for it. Mind control, godliness, dragon-kobold relationship, whatever. These are gonna be the party's biggest challenge, so I'm really countin' on ya! Uniqueness is a huge must. Signature abilties. Strange appearance. Back-story and pictures are a plus, but not neccesary. This is not urgent or anything, take your time. Quality. Thanks in advance!!:smallbiggrin:

EDIT: R: 372

Just a quick request, 4e stat's for 8-Bit Theatres sword-chucks! I'm sure they've probably been made, so just direct me to the post. Otherwise, homebrew away, my loyal slaves/ best friends who I do not know!

R.382
4E
This would be an exotic weapon for only a warforged it would be a a bastard sword that when the command was given would extend and have reach would this weapon be fair and if not how could it be fair, what dice would i use for it, and would i need to take profecency for both ends

R.373
I'm in need of a general layout and logistical description of a gladiatorial arena in a capital city, with attention to where upper and lower class sit, how admission is handled, and how the riff-raff are kept out of the upper class areas, some of which I suppose may be reserved automatically for certain noble houses and such. Also: How the fight purse is handled, as someone may be trying to steal it.

I made this topic for you guys (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121054)

PrinceOfThieves
2009-08-10, 12:24 PM
I'm looking for a prestige class that would combine Tome Of Battle with the Bladesinger prestige class. Looking for entry by 8th level, most likely requiring either Swordsage or Warblade 4 & Wizard 4. I do want the prestige class to have srong spellcasting ability. I would prefer it to be done with the Pathfinder rules, but can accept it if they aren't.

Gamerlord
2009-08-10, 03:04 PM
You could always use a Rageforged barbarian:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55831

I need a monster, not a feat or a class.

Urist Ironblood
2009-08-11, 08:54 AM
H.371

If you are one of my players (you know who you are) stay out - these creatures may show up in my campaign soon, too!

I'm looking for a level one solo monster, quite intelligent. Like, taunting the players, maybe even making deals. It needs to be easily adaptable for higher levels (I'll probably make different versions, like the zombies have). This is gonna be a monster that lives deep underground (anywhere from dungeon to Underdark) and has other creatures working for it. Mind control, godliness, dragon-kobold relationship, whatever. These are gonna be the party's biggest challenge, so I'm really countin' on ya! Uniqueness is a huge must. Signature abilties. Strange appearance. Back-story and pictures are a plus, but not neccesary.

Inspired by, among others, Hymenoptera Apocrita (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parasitoid_wasp), Penny Arcade (http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/05/04/), and Alien (http://www.imdb.com/media/rm4129134592/tt0078748), the Broodax Imperiate are an aberrant race of human-sized insects with a hive social structure and a horrific life cycle: the Broodax are born in flesh.

A Broodax Pupa is a corpse from almost any kind of creature with a veiny quivering grapefruit-sized sac bulging from the skin at the base of its neck. The sac connects directly to the corpse's spinal column and can give the corpse a very (very) basic set of commands -- waving the dead arms around to shoo away carrion-hunters, crawling towards water to drink, and flopping around to keep the corpse's blood and fluids from hardening. If pierced before the pupa hatches, treat the Broodax Pupa as a trap:

Blood Spores (based on level of corpse creature) - When a Broodax pupa is pierced it gushes a stinking, syrupy fluid with a range of Close Blast 3 in the direction of whatever pierced it. The attack is (corpse creature's level) vs. Reflex. A hit does (level-appropriate) acid damage, and then the acid makes an attack of (corpse creature's level) vs. Will. If the acid's secondary effect hits, the player falls unconscious for 1d4 turns and has a nightmarish hallucination from the corpse creature's point of view of an attack by giant wasps.
If the Broodax Pupa hatches, however, it becomes a Broodax Hatchling, a level 1 minion with a stinging melee attack and an acid spit ranged attack that does not come with any hallucinations. A Broodax Hatchling can grow up to become a Broodax Breeder which retains a racial or class feature from its host body. A Breeder is a mid-heroic-level creature with a paralyzing stinger attack (daily), a blinding acid spray, and a bite attack. When a Broodax Breeder drops an enemy to 0hp, it is compelled by genetics to immediately roll the victim over and slide its knifelike ovipositor into the creature's neck. It deposits an egg, squirts a syrupy patch over the wound, and then heals the victim with a healing mixture that also causes a deep sleep ("stabilize the dying" / "Lay on Hands") to prevent its death.

Without intervention, the victim will awaken in 1d6 days, ravenous for sugars and protein... at this point the victim may act normal but he or she is a Broodax Thrall, with a slowly-swelling neck bulge and the following extra abilities:

Stinking Blood - the creature's blood and spoor, when exposed to air, have a cloying vinegar reek. If a non-thrall creature has direct sensory exposure to the blood or spoor, the blood makes a psychic attack (as the acid above) vs. Will. A trained beast that is tracking a thrall will refuse to track any thrall once exposed to these nightmares.

Waking Nightmare - once the thrall is bloodied, it may make a saving throw vs. mind control at the end of each turn. On the first turn after making the saving throw the creature is stunned (save ends) but no longer controlled. The creature must continue to save vs. mind control but gets a +2 bonus for each allied creature that helps it focus on its immediate surroundings.

Hive Mind - a thrall can understand and (given the proper mouthparts) speak any language spoken by any other creature under that Hive. A thrall has access to the sensory input from every other thrall in the immediate area, so combat powers that selectively blind the thralls have no effect (e.g. Eyebite)

Pupate - the queen will occasionally order a thrall to die, especially if its body has ceased to be useful to the hive. The body becomes a Broodax Pupa and hatches either a Breeder, a Scout, a Warrior, or a new Imperatrix.

If the thrall's larval sac is punctured it explodes and the larva dies; the host takes damage and spends a turn dazed, but is freed from the mind control. Thralls will take precautions against this and generally fight without exposing their neck, but if flanked a player can attempt to target the larval sac at a -2 penalty.

A Broodax Scout should be a mid-heroic or low-paragon level skirmisher that travels in a group of six or more and shelters a group of Breeders. They can have a paralyzing or pronating power, and they should be very maneuverable - flying, shifting, and possibly even have a shift-attack-shift encounter power with recharge...

Float Like a Butterfly / Sting Like a Bee - (standard + move, encounter, recharge 5/6) - the Broodax Scout shifts up to half its move, makes two melee basic attacks, and then shifts up to half its move again. If both attacks hit, the target is knocked prone.
A Broodax Scout retains an at-will power from its host body.

A Broodax Warrior should be a serious challenge; set the levels and hps appropriately. It is a wingless heavily-armored creature more akin to a fire ant, and so does not fly. It should have a close blast acid or fire attack and a melee stinger attack that does poison damage. Use the bodyguard template from the DMG; warriors exist primarily to defend and feed the queen. A Broodax Warrior retains one encounter power from its host body, so warriors are typically hatched from hosts with good close-blast and close-burst powers.

The Broodax Imperatrix gestates in the body of a female creature with mind-control abilities (Illithid or Aboleth come to mind). Warriors feed Scouts to the queen while she is still a thrall. The gender hormones in the host, the mind control powers, and the flesh of the Scouts all combine to trigger the queening instinct; instead of being ordered to pupate, the thrall must emerge victorious from a psychic battle with its queen (typically using its host body's powers) and then self-pupate. Any breeders, scouts, or warriors caught in the pupating burst immediately convert to the new Hive and are devoured by the first generation of Hatchlings. When freshly hatched the queen resembles any other Breeder, and she makes the creation of thralls her first priority. Eventually she grows to size Large or Huge, mostly because of an abdomen so large that she cannot move. The Imperatrix retains all of the powers of her host body. In combat she fights with psychic attacks and calls her Hive back to defend her. No Broodax -- thrall, warrior, scout, breeder, or even hatchling -- will allow an attack on the queen while it still lives.

[...]

Now, I set up that hideous family of monsters to give you the tools to give your party the creeping horrors and set the stage for an adventure that could last several levels. Set the stage by having the players followed by a wolf who spies on them for the queen, or a large raven that perches in the middle of their campsite and starts speaking in draconic, then giant, then elvish, and then common... warning them to stay away from the tunnel entrances to the Hive. Remember that the queen sees everything her thralls see, so you can scare the players by having a thrall reference a moment when the party thought it was safe and unobserved. For instance, if a player had rolled a critical miss in an encounter but still took the best treasure you might have the thrall say, "I see you took the magic armor from the kobold. Why didn't you give it to him? You are so clumsy that the armor cannot help - you are bound to die eventually. Will you join us? We are born in flesh. We can purify you."

After a few encounters with "trash" thralls, their Big Solo is a troll. A big, intelligent troll who speaks common, elvish, and giant, and who uses the powers of a tactical warlord to defend an entrance to the Hive's tunnels. His army of minions should be a mish-mash of kobolds, goblins, wolves, drow, whatever; the more unusual the mix, the better! Every time a minion falls to a bladed weapon, there's a chance that its larval sac will burst; every time it doesn't, the minion pupates and a Broodax Hatchling appears, attacks briefly, and then flies away. The troll should taunt the characters in a variety of appropriate languages, sing out clever riddles, and generally shake the players up with how un-troll-like he is acting. You can even have the players roll Nature checks and tell them what a troll should act like.

Once they bloody the big solo, he can begin making saves against mind control and eventually "wake up" in the middle of the fight. The PCs may try to engage him in conversation, or strike him down, but regardless, he should quickly collapse, pupate, and as the PCs search the site for other clues (or flee with their wounded) a young Broodax Scout emerges with full hit points... and the fight resumes! When the players realize that the "controlling warlord" was, himself, a minion of a greater evil... shivers and shudders. Fear and terror. Hate and discontent. Glee and cackling!

I've left the stat blocks up to you; the life cycle and unique powers are what give the Broodax their spice. Hope this helps!

Belkarsbadside1
2009-08-11, 08:52 PM
R382
I'm not sure if this is the right number, please correct me if it isn't.
Anyways, I am playing a 5th level shaman in a 4e game with extremely accelerated experience and I would like him to have more wardlike and zone powers. Also I have a good backstory andI'm looking for someone who would make a paragon path around it. If anyones interested in making a PP and powers for me please PM me or leave a response and I'll give you the characters backstory and any specifics you have on it. Please respond soon.
Thanks

Urist Ironblood
2009-08-12, 08:12 PM
R.360

H.360

Here is a 4e duck (http://tools.dungeonmastering.com/monstercards/opcode/5801). It has a single hit-point, is size tiny, and is only worth 1xp, because really, who gets 25xp for killing a duck? It would be trivial to skin this into a goose or swan but I'd add wing-buffet attacks. You can take a screenshot at the above link, or paste this code into an HTML file on your desktop and view it in a browser. Enjoy!

<ul id="___START_DUCK_CODE___" class="monstercard" style="list-style:none; padding:0; margin:0; border:1px solid black; width:400px; font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height:normal;">
<li>
<ul style="width:400px; list-style:none; margin:0; padding:0;background:#003300;color:#fff;">
<li style="float:right;width:180px;font-size:14px;line-height:20px;padding:0 10px;text-align:right;">Level 1 Minion</li>
<li style="width:180px;font-weight:bold;font-size:14px;line-height:20px;padding:0 10px;">Duck</li>
</ul>
<ul style="width:400px; height:18px; list-style:none; margin:0; padding:0;background:#003300;color:#fff;">
<li style="float:left;width:260px;font-size:12px;line-height:18px;padding:0 10px;">Tiny Natural Beast (Bird)</li>
<li style="float:left;width:100px;font-size:12px;line-height:18px;padding:0 10px;text-align:right;">XP 1</li>
</ul>
<ul style="width:400px;list-style:none;margin:0;padding:0;background:#d7e1ba;f ont-size:12px;line-height:20px;">
<li style="width:100px;display:inline;padding:0 10px;"><strong>Initiative</strong> +6</li>
<li style="width:260px;display:inline;padding:0 10px;text-align:right;"><strong>Senses</strong> </li>
</ul>
<ul style="width:400px;list-style:none;margin:0;padding:0;background:#d7e1ba;f ont-size:12px;line-height:20px;">
<li style="padding:0 10px;"><strong>HP </strong> 1; a missed attack never damages a minion.</li>
</ul>
<li style="padding:0 10px;"><strong>AC </strong> 15; <strong>Fortitude </strong> 9, <strong>Reflex </strong> 17, <strong>Will </strong> 12</li>
</ul>
<li style="padding:0 10px;"><strong>Immunities </strong>Resist 5 cold</li>
</ul>
<li style="padding:0 10px;"><strong>Speed </strong> Waddle 1, Swim 6, Fly 15 </li>
</ul>
<ul style="width:400px;list-style:none;margin:0;padding:0;background:#b9c39c;f ont-size:12px;line-height:20px;">
<li style="width:360px;padding:0 20px 0 35px;background:url(http://tools.dungeonmastering.com/img/attack-basic-melee.png) 10px top no-repeat;"><strong>Nibble </strong> (minor; at-will) </li>
</ul>
<li style="width:360px;padding:0 20px 0 35px;">+6 vs. Reflex; does 1 damage or target can choose to shift a square.</li>
</ul>
<ul style="width:400px;list-style:none;margin:0;padding:0;background:#b9c39c;f ont-size:12px;line-height:20px;">
<li style="width:360px;padding:0 20px 0 35px;background:url(http://tools.dungeonmastering.com/img/attack-close.png) 10px top no-repeat;"><strong>Off a Duck's Back </strong> (immediate reaction; at-will) </li>
</ul>
<li style="width:360px;padding:0 20px 0 35px;">Whenever the duck is hit by an attack whose principle component is a liquid (acid splash, poison splash) the attack does not damage the duck. If the duck is swimming or standing, it can flap its wings to make an attack (close blast 2, +10 vs. Reflex) that distributes half of the attack's damage back at the attacker.</li>
</ul>

<li style="float:left;width:130px;display:inline;padding:0 10px;"><strong>Align.</strong> Neutral</li>
<li style="width:230px;display:inline;padding:0 10px;text-align:right;"><strong>Lang.</strong> Quack</li>
</ul>
<li style="padding:0 10px;"><strong>Skills</strong> Perception +5; acrobatics +10; athletics +10 for purposes of Swim or Fly checks</li>
</ul>
<li style="float:left;width:110px;padding:0 10px;"><strong>Str</strong> 4 (--3)</li>
<li style="width:110px;float:left;padding:0 10px;"><strong>Dex</strong> 22 (+6)</li>
<li style="width:110px;display:inline;padding:0 10px;"><strong>Wis</strong> 4 (--3)</li>
</ul>
<li style="float:left;width:110px;padding:0 10px;"><strong>Con</strong> 4 (--3)</li>
<li style="width:110px;float:left;padding:0 10px;"><strong>Int</strong> 4 (--3)</li>
<li style="width:110px;display:inline;padding:0 10px;"><strong>Cha</strong> 10 (0)</li>
</ul>

<li style="padding:0 10px;"><strong>Equipment </strong>---</li>
</ul>

<li style="padding:0 10px;"><strong>Description </strong>A duck can fly, swim, or waddle on land. Ducks eat plankton and small fish, but will aggressively seek out bread crumbs and other food scraps. Ducks are rarely aggressive but will defend their nest. Ducks travel in flocks as small as 4 or as large as the high hundreds.</li>
</ul>

<li style="padding:0 10px;"><strong>Tactics </strong>Ducks will spend move actions indefinitely to stay at least 10 feet from any hostile creature, and fly away if the creature continues to pressure them.</li>
</ul>

<ul style="width:400px; color:#666; text-align:right; list-style:none;margin:0;padding:0;background:#d7e1ba;f ont-size:8px;line-height:12px;">
<li style="padding:3px 2px 2px 0;">Created with DungeonMastering.com's <a style="color:#666;text-decoration:underline;" href="http://tools.dungeonmastering.com" title="Dungeons and Dragons DM Tools">DM Tools</a></li>
</ul>

</li>
</ul>

R.380

What edition?

ondonaflash
2009-08-19, 12:35 AM
R.383

A relatively simple 3.5 artifact adjustment: Take the Dragon Orbs, and make them more dangerous please, more in line with the "Dragonlance" sort of idea. I want them to be very powerful magic items, but also extremely dangerous to use. Thanks for the help.

Squirrel_Domain
2009-08-24, 10:48 PM
R.384

I've been Looking through Tome of Magic, and the fears and rumors I've heard about have been officially confirmed. It is very weak.
One class interested me however: The Shadowcaster.
Part of why this class seems so weak is because of its extremely limited mysteries per day (only one of each per day?!). What I need is an improved progression for the class, to make it less limited. This can be just more uses per level, but if a different system needs to be used to maintain balance, that's obviously fine.

Karsis
2009-08-27, 11:23 AM
R. 385

I need something simple - I want a viable but not overpowered base class version of the Shadowdancer class. The only real kink is I would like it balanced for the new Pathfinder rules (3.5 in essence, but modeled so that base classes are actually truly useful in leveling fully.) I am perfectly willing to work with a brewer on this to come up with concepts, skills, and all of that.

Obahai
2009-08-28, 08:14 AM
R.386

I'm going to enter into a monster based campaign and i'm looking for something with an ecl of 10, possibly with room for a few character levels of either barbarian/druid or ranger/druid

i've been kicking around the idea of a human werebear paladin, but it only leaves a single lvl of paladin for my use.

any suggestions?

Eldan
2009-08-30, 02:14 PM
R 387: This might be a request as much as a question, but, yesterday, I had an idea for a PrC: there are a great many classes around for sorcerers and other spellcasters to enhance their heritage in draconic or elemental ways. Now, I had the idea for a Sorcerer that is, so to speak, pure magic: by advancing this PrC one would become a creature of arcane energy. Sadly, my ideas for rule advantages kinda ended after "well, maybe make him incorporeal at high level and give him some bonus metamagic feats". So, I'm looking for a PrC that turns spontaneous spellcasters into magic energy creatures.

That was too much text, wasn't it?

sciencepanda
2009-09-01, 06:34 PM
I'm looking for a a way of making Dire a template (3.5 edition, please). It'll save a lot of time and effort when one would like to make just a more dangerous version of an animal. (And to be frank, it's sort of surprising that it isn't in the MM to begin with.)

Jallorn
2009-09-04, 11:03 PM
R. 389

Looking for someone to stat out the four dragons on this: http://animal.discovery.com/convergence/dragons/

Zantumall
2009-09-16, 06:13 PM
R. 390

I need a weapon enchant that lets you reanimate whatever you kill with it as an undead. I'm looking for something hopefully around +2 effective enhancement bonus, but it could be a little higher if balance issues demand it. If there's something like this already in existence, I'd like to know about that as well.

In terms of balance, it doesn't really have to be that powerful and I'm mostly in it for the flavor, but i'd like it to be somewhat useful please.

Kallisti
2009-09-17, 08:26 PM
R. 391 (My players may bo elsewhere. Now. Lest I blue-bolt them.)
I have...something of an unusual homebrew request. I need a monster to challenge a party of fifteenth level characters, including a rather munchkinly shapeshifting druid, a ghost paladin, a very sneaky rogue with devastating sneak attack, and an ur-priest mystic theurge. So to challenge them, it will need to be able to take quite a beating physically and survive spells.

But that's not why it's unusual. It's unusual in that it needs to be the physical manifestation of my plot rails, out for vengeance on my party for refusing to be good little characters and follow the author's plans.

And on top of that, it should be related in some way to poetry, literature, or sculpture, because the "author" figure sending it at them embodies those types of art.

Yeah, my campaign is...weird.

The Witch-King
2009-09-18, 06:03 PM
R. 390

I need a weapon enchant that lets you reanimate whatever you kill with it as an undead. I'm looking for something hopefully around +2 effective enhancement bonus, but it could be a little higher if balance issues demand it.

How's this:

Wightblade

A weapon with the Wightblade enchantment gains +5 to hit and damage and becomes an Evil magical item.

Energy Drain (Su): A natural critical scored on an opponent with a Wightblade causes them to suffer the effects of a negative level for 24 hours. The wielder gains 5 temporary hit points every time such a critical occurs. A character with negative levels at least equal to her current level, or drained below 1st level, is instantly slain.

Create Spawn (Su): Any humanoid, monstrous humanoid, or giant slain by a Wightblade becomes a wight in 1d4 rounds. Spawn are under the command of the wielder of the Wightblade that created them and remain enslaved until its death.

Howling Wightblade

As per Wightblade but in addition:

Fiendish Howling (Su): Wrapped in green, ghostly flames, a Howling Wightblade makes terrifying noises when in combat as the translucent, ghostly faces of slain warriors appear in and around the blade and howl cries of pain, torment and damnation. Any hostile creature within a 20-foot radius of the wielder of such a weapon must succeed on a DC 16 Will save to resist its effects. Those who fail take a -2 penalty on attacks, AC, and saves for 24 hours or until they successfully hit the wielder of the weapon that generated the aura. A creature that has resisted or broken the effect cannot be affected again by the same Howling Wightblade for 24 hours.

Smite Good (Su): Once per day the wielder of a Howling Wightblade can make a normal melee attack to deal extra damage equal to its HD total (maximum of +20) against a good foe.

EDIT: The cost to enchant a greatsword would be:

Wightblade: 2,880,350 gp

Howling Wightblade: 3,920,350 gp

Belkarsbadside1
2009-09-18, 10:07 PM
R. 391

I am playing a 3.5 version of a post apocalyptic world where I am a warlock who gets his powers from the heavenly realms ( specifically,the heavenly virtues, which are chastity, temperance, charity, diligence, patience, kindness, and humility. These beings happen to be extremely powerful inboth the christian religion and in the world I'm in). I was wondering if anyone would be willing to make me a prestige class based on a warlock with the virtues as sponsors? If anyone wants to do this and has a question, please PM me.
Thanks

Zantumall
2009-09-19, 12:54 PM
How's this:

Wightblade

A weapon with the Wightblade enchantment gains +5 to hit and damage and becomes an Evil magical item.

Energy Drain (Su): A natural critical scored on an opponent with a Wightblade causes them to suffer the effects of a negative level for 24 hours. The wielder gains 5 temporary hit points every time such a critical occurs. A character with negative levels at least equal to her current level, or drained below 1st level, is instantly slain.

Create Spawn (Su): Any humanoid, monstrous humanoid, or giant slain by a Wightblade becomes a wight in 1d4 rounds. Spawn are under the command of the wielder of the Wightblade that created them and remain enslaved until its death.

Howling Wightblade

As per Wightblade but in addition:

Fiendish Howling (Su): Wrapped in green, ghostly flames, a Howling Wightblade makes terrifying noises when in combat as the translucent, ghostly faces of slain warriors appear in and around the blade and howl cries of pain, torment and damnation. Any hostile creature within a 20-foot radius of the wielder of such a weapon must succeed on a DC 16 Will save to resist its effects. Those who fail take a -2 penalty on attacks, AC, and saves for 24 hours or until they successfully hit the wielder of the weapon that generated the aura. A creature that has resisted or broken the effect cannot be affected again by the same Howling Wightblade for 24 hours.

Smite Good (Su): Once per day the wielder of a Howling Wightblade can make a normal melee attack to deal extra damage equal to its HD total (maximum of +20) against a good foe.

Looks great, but how much does it cost? It looks... well, pretty damn powerful. Maybe even artifact-level.

Froogleyboy
2009-09-19, 02:03 PM
R.392
Okay, In my campaign world, I'm replacing half-elves with half-dwarves but I need to stat them out. Any ideas?

The Witch-King
2009-09-19, 03:06 PM
Looks great, but how much does it cost? It looks... well, pretty damn powerful. Maybe even artifact-level.

Okay--I'm going to take you through my calculations in case I did something wrong or your mileage varies from mine.

It's a +5 weapon to start with. I rated the Energy Drain ability as a +2 and the Create Spawn ability as another +5. That would make it cost as a +12 weapon.

The chart stops at +10 but a +1 weapon is 2000 gp and a +10 weapon is 200,000 gp. From that we can determine the formula for costs is the + of the weapon squared times 2000 gp.

So, a greatsword enchanted to be a Wightblade would cost (12 * 12 * 2000) + 350 gp for enchanting a greatsword or 288,350 gp.

I rated each of the Howling Wightblade's abilities as a +1 (the fear effect once overcome doesn't effect anyone for the rest of the encounter and you can overcome it just by hitting the wielder and the smite good is only once per day).

That would make a Howling Wightblade greatsword cost (14 * 14 * 2000) + 350 gp or 392,350 gp.

So those are my estimates for pricing, which are pretty high I would say but hey--you've got a weapon that can make an army of undead one undead at a time.

If anyone has any input about my calculations, I'd love to hear it.

Jallorn
2009-09-20, 11:14 AM
Okay--I'm going to take you through my calculations in case I did something wrong or your mileage varies from mine.

It's a +5 weapon to start with. I rated the Energy Drain ability as a +2 and the Create Spawn ability as another +5. That would make it cost as a +12 weapon.

The chart stops at +10 but a +1 weapon is 2000 gp and a +10 weapon is 200,000 gp. From that we can determine the formula for costs is the + of the weapon squared times 2000 gp.

So, a greatsword enchanted to be a Wightblade would cost (12 * 12 * 2000) + 350 gp for enchanting a greatsword or 288,350 gp.

I rated each of the Howling Wightblade's abilities as a +1 (the fear effect once overcome doesn't effect anyone for the rest of the encounter and you can overcome it just by hitting the wielder and the smite good is only once per day).

That would make a Howling Wightblade greatsword cost (14 * 14 * 2000) + 350 gp or 392,350 gp.

So those are my estimates for pricing, which are pretty high I would say but hey--you've got a weapon that can make an army of undead one undead at a time.

If anyone has any input about my calculations, I'd love to hear it.

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Epic_Magic_Weapons#Epic_Weapons

Once you get past 10 it is waaaay more costly.

Felizginato12
2009-09-20, 12:34 PM
Hey, I have a 4.0 campaign coming up in a few days, so I really need to get this class done, however, I just started playing 4ed so I'm not yet experienced with all of the other lasses and powers in the game.

That being said, I need a class made that is a spellcaster killer who uses melee combat. I'm calling the class a Justiciar; they are trained by the government to hunt down those who use magic. So, they naturally are not willing to use magic in their attempts to destroy spellcasters.

If anyone can toss some ideas around or make a rough draft of the class pretty soon I would be thankful.

Malfunctioned
2009-09-20, 01:19 PM
R394. I'm currently creating a campaign world for my newest group and have came across the idea of a magically altered creature and I need a template to stat them out. The template can be used on any creature of the animal type and gives them the ability to create maps of the region they are currently in and allow them to show the quickest path between any two places on the map. It would raise their intelligence slightly so they could understand terms relating to navigation. Thanks for anything you guys can do. :smallsmile:

The Witch-King
2009-09-20, 02:28 PM
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Epic_Magic_Weapons#Epic_Weapons

Once you get past 10 it is waaaay more costly.

Okay--in that case the cost to enchant a greatsword would be:

Wightblade: 2,880,350 gp

Howling Wightblade: 3,920,350 gp

Thanks for pointing out that link!

Felizginato12
2009-09-20, 04:12 PM
Since I don't think I was very descriptive in my previous post, I would like to give a bit more background information regarding my Justiciar class.

"Justiciars are trained soldiers of the Tower of Babel, drafted in order to enforce the rulings against the Kalashtar and Magic Use. The Justiciars carried out the majority of the executions against the Kalashtar and to this day still remain important factors in keeping magic users at bay. Most Justiciars are hired by the Tower of Babel military, however, some have retired and they set out on their own personal crusades. Even though a Justiciar doesn’t use magic, they are quite sensitive t o manipulations in mana which allow them to easily track down other spell casters. They have also trained themselves to counter balance mana fields, allowing them to silence spell casting by those who dabble with magic."

*The Kalashtar named here are not the ones from Eberron. I just liked the name, and decided to use it for my own race. The Kalashtar are the only people born with the ability to use magic, and therefore, they are the forerunners of all magic use. In my campaign, legislation has been passed to exterminate the Kalashtar, and the Justiciars carry out these orders.

**The Tower of Babel is a large tower, covering an area equivalent to two average sized cities. The Tower of Babel was discovered by the different people of the game world and inhabited. The tower is a technological wonder, leading to an industrial revolution. This is why my game world takes place in a near steam-punk environment.

***Mana is similar to atoms and cells; subatomic particles that makes up the world around us. Mana is a relatively mysterious force, however, it is known that mana can be manipulated to change the physical world around us. This is where magic arrives. Magic itself, is merely the manipulation of mana.

Here are the two builds of Justiciar I came up with:

Crusading Justiciar

A Crusading Justiciar sees his mission as necessary to make the world a better place. Crusading Justiciars focus on disabling their opponents first, and then turning them into the proper authorities. Crusading Justiciars are stringent law abiders and will punish those who break the laws of Isperia. A Crusading Justiciar must focus on their Constitution in order to continue their fight, along with their Strength to defend their allies.

Slayer Justiciar

A Slayer Justiciar is a ruthless killer. They do not believe in disabling their foes or even following the law to carry out their missions. They will hunt, torture, and then kill spell casters using any methods available. Slayer Justiciars carry out their missions with some sort of personal grudge against spell casters and channel their hatred towards them. A Slayer Justiciar usually likes to work alone, but understands the mutual benefits of befriending allies. A Slayer Justiciar must focus on their Strength to power their attacks, and Wisdom to disable their opponents ability to cast magic.

((Ignore any discrepancies when I mention abilities that are important to the Justiciar. These were ideas that were quickly tossed together, and since I haven't developed any powers for the Justiciar, I don't realy know which abilities are important to them, besides strength))

Armor Proficiencies: Cloth, leather, hide, chain mail, scale.
Weapon Proficiencies: Simple melee, Military melee, Simple ranged.
Bonus to Defense: Fortitude +1, Will +1

Hit Points at First Level: 15 + Constitution score
Hit Points Per Level Granted: 6
Healing Surges Per Day: 9 + Constitution modifier

Trained Skills: Insight or Perception. And choose four from the list below.
Class Skills: Insight, Perception, Athletics, Diplomacy, Endurance, Intimidate, History.

Ideas I have developed for the class:

*The ability to track down spellcasters by tapping into the mana field around them and looking for manipulations and disturbances.

*Training in the use of special equipment used for disabling spellcasters.

*The ability to use large weapons in combat (large, two handed swords and the like. I know this is a stupid comparison, but think Cloud and his sword from FF7)

*Skilled in the use of pistols and other small munitions.

*Ways to disable their opponents, rather then killing them.

*Combat maneuvers that cover a large, sweeping area (cleaves and whirlwind melee attacks)

Basically, I really just need help making the class powers for the Justiciar. Since I'm new to 4E, I'm not really sure which patterns I should follow while making the class. I'm just worried about making him unbalanced.

The Witch-King
2009-09-20, 06:44 PM
R.392
Okay, In my campaign world, I'm replacing half-elves with half-dwarves but I need to stat them out. Any ideas?

Half-Dwarf

+1 Constitution, -1 Charisma.

Medium: As Medium creatures, half-dwarves have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.

Half-Dwarf base land speed is 20 feet. However, half-dwarves can move at this speed even when wearing medium or heavy armor or when carrying a medium or heavy load (unlike other creatures, whose speed is reduced in such situations).

Low-Light Vision: A half-dwarf can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.

Stonecunning: This ability grants a Half-Dwarf a +1 racial bonus on Search checks to notice unusual stonework, such as sliding walls, stonework traps, new construction (even when built to match the old), unsafe stone surfaces, shaky stone ceilings, and the like. Something that isn’t stone but that is disguised as stone also counts as unusual stonework. A Half-Dwarf who merely comes within 10 feet of unusual stonework can make a Search check as if he were actively searching, and a Half-Dwarf can use the Search skill to find stonework traps as a rogue can. A Half-Dwarf can also intuit depth, sensing his approximate depth underground as naturally as a human can sense which way is up.

Weapon Familiarity: Half-dwarves may treat dwarven waraxes and dwarven urgroshes as martial weapons, rather than exotic weapons.

Stability: A Half-Dwarf gains a +2 bonus on ability checks made to resist being bull rushed or tripped when standing on the ground (but not when climbing, flying, riding, or otherwise not standing firmly on the ground).

+1 racial bonus on saving throws against poison.

+1 racial bonus on saving throws against spells and spell-like effects.

+1 racial bonus on attack rolls against orcs and goblinoids.

+2 dodge bonus to Armor Class against monsters of the giant type. Any time a creature loses its Dexterity bonus (if any) to Armor Class, such as when it’s caught flat-footed, it loses its dodge bonus, too.

+2 racial bonus on Appraise checks that are related to stone or metal items.

+2 racial bonus on Craft checks that are related to stone or metal.

Automatic Languages: Common and Dwarven.

Dwarven Blood: For all effects related to race, a Half-Dwarf is considered a Dwarf.

Automatic Languages: Common and Dwarven. Bonus Languages: Elven, Gnome, Halfling, Terran, and Undercommon.

Favored Class: Any. When determining whether a multiclass half-dwarf takes an experience point penalty, her highest-level class does not count.

Debihuman
2009-09-20, 07:04 PM
R.392

H. 392. I found this on the web and it may be of help to you. See: http://www.dlnexus.com/fan/rules/11559.aspx

Half-Dwarf
D&D 3e (3.0/3.5) Rules
by Trampas Whiteman

While the union of a human and a dwarf is rare, it is not unheard of. Half-Dwarves are the best of both the human and dwarf world, combining a dwarf's love of hard work with a human's knack to master a variety of talents.

Personality: Half-Dwarves have a dwarf's knack for crafting items, although they do not limit themselves to stonecutting and metalwork. Their human half gives them the curiosity and drive to learn far more than these two arts, enabling them to master a variety of crafts.

Some Half-Dwarves share their dwarven parent's skill in warfare, and make excellent soldiers.

Physical Description: Half-Dwarf usually stand between 5 to 5 ½ feet tall and usually weight between 140 and 190 pounds. Half-Dwarves tend to look like small, stout humans, or as tall dwarves.

In rare cases, Half-Dwarves are born without any body hair whatsoever. These rare half-breeds are referred to as Muls, and are often considered to be outcasts in dwarven society.

Relations: Half-Dwarves, like other half-races, have a hard time fitting in. Dwarves tolerate them if they look like dwarves and follow dwarven ways. Humans get along fairly well with Half-Dwarves provided that they don't know of their dwarven ancestry. Once this is discovered, humans tend to distrust them.

Gnomes find Half-Dwarves to be interesting, and seek to study them (possibly to the extent of dissecting a Half-Dwarf). Kender are interested in them at first, although they soon get bored with a Half-Dwarf's knack for crafting.

Other races either have no opinion one way or another, or do not consider them to be of consequence.

Alignment: Half-Dwarves tend to share the lawful alignment of their dwarf parent, but like their human parent, they have no tendencies either way between good and evil.

Half-Dwarf Lands: Half-Dwarves have no lands of their own, though they are welcome in human cities and (if not a Mul) in dwarven lands.

Religion: Half-Dwarves have no set religion, although they tend to favor Reorx.

Language: Half-Dwarves automatically speak Common and Dwarven.

Names: Half-Dwarf names often depend on whether the Half-Dwarf is raised in a human community or a Dwarf community.

Adventurers: Half-Dwarves find themselves in all manner of adventures. If the Half-Dwarf is from Dwarven lands, then he will adventure for the same reasons that a Dwarf would. If the Half-Dwarf is from a human land, he may be seeking to create his masterwork, or he may be a soldier in an army.

Half-Dwarf Racial Traits

Medium-size: As Medium-size creatures, Half-Dwarf have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
A Half-Dwarf has a base speed of 30.
Darkvision: Half-Dwarves can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal site. Half-Dwarves can function just fine with no light at all.
+2 Bonus on Craft checks. This bonus must be applied to a single Craft skill, chosen at 1st level. Half-Dwarves share their dwarven parents' love of crafting, but their human heritage allows them to craft beyond stone or metal.
Automatic Languages: Common and Dwarven.
Favored Class: Any. When determining whether a multiclass Half-Dwarf suffers an XP penalty, his highest-level class does not count (see Experience for Multiclass

Debby

Debihuman
2009-09-20, 07:08 PM
R 387: This might be a request as much as a question, but, yesterday, I had an idea for a PrC: there are a great many classes around for sorcerers and other spellcasters to enhance their heritage in draconic or elemental ways. Now, I had the idea for a Sorcerer that is, so to speak, pure magic: by advancing this PrC one would become a creature of arcane energy. Sadly, my ideas for rule advantages kinda ended after "well, maybe make him incorporeal at high level and give him some bonus metamagic feats". So, I'm looking for a PrC that turns spontaneous spellcasters into magic energy creatures.

That was too much text, wasn't it?

C. 387.

What do you mean by "magic energy creature?"

Debby

Lvl45DM!
2009-09-28, 10:05 AM
First homebrew class and im not a 3.5 player so PEACH. If theres a problem please tell me.

387. All sorcerors are touched magically, with the blood of dragons in their veins. Some see beyond this power though, realising what put the power of magic in the dragonsveins. The akasa, the arcana, the force that flows across magical worlds that give birth to dragons and gods. This force is alive, and its children swarm the earth, pushing it higher, giving it power. Some sorcerors, by conciously diving deep into their heritage, forgoing some bodily powers, get the feeling of returning to this force, subsuming into the akasa, becoming pure magic once more.They are loners and do not share their magic lgihtly, especially not with a familiar, whom they consider to be both crutches for the weak, and theives of their power. These sorcerors are called

SPELLHEARTS

Requirements
Alignment:Can only be one step removed from True Neutral
Spells:Must be able to cast sorceror spells
Abilities:Cha 17+ 8 ranks in Knowledge(arcana) or Spellcraft
Special:Can not have, or have ever had, a familiar

Spellheart
{table=head]Level|Base Attack<br>Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Spells

1st|
0|
0|
0|
+1|Spelltouched|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

2nd|
0|
0|
0|
+1|Bonus Feat|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

3rd|
+1|
0|
0|
+2|Spellheld|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

4th|
+2|
+1|
+1|
+2|None|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

5th|
+2|
+1|
+1|
+2|Bonus Feat|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

6th|
+3|
+2|
+2|
+2|None|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

7th|
+3|
+3|
+3|
+2|Spellborn|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

8th|
+4|
+3|
+3|
+2|Magic in our Minds|-

9th|
+4|
+4|
+4|
+2|Spellbody Magic in my Mind|-

10th|
+5|
+4|
+4|
+2|SpellHeart|+1 level of existing spellcasting class [/table]

Weapons/Armour: Spellhearts never wear armour even to save their lives, as they will risk nothing interrupting their magic. They will use only staves,daggers and light crossbows as weapons
Spells: As a sorceror
Spelltouched(Su):All spellhearts start by tapping into the well of magic within. As such they can cast detect magic[/I] and read magic a number of times a day equal to their Cha modifier. They radiate a magical aura if detected.
Spellhold(Su): The spellheart's apperance changes, faintly glowing and their eyes lose the whites and pupils. Their body and items count as magical for the purposes of Damage reduction, with a plus equal to 1/2 their Cha modifier, to a maximum of +5. 0th level spell effects have a 10% chance of occuring when they cast a spell of their highest available level, the exact spell effect and target randomly determined.
Spellborn(Su):The Spellheart is no longer treated as a humanoid, and is treated as an outsider for effects of spell determination, though they gain no other benifets of this type. No creature of below 3 Int will attack the Spellheart unless attacked first. The Spellheart will be instantly treated as friendly by all creatures of the Fey and Dragon subtypes, gaining a +4 circumstance bonus on all Diplomacy, Bluff, Gather Information checks on such cretures, who view the Spellheart as one of their own. The chance of random magical effects occuring now rises to 20% though they still have no control over such effects, and it now occurs at all spell levels above 5.
Spellbody(Su):The Spellheart has nearly reached the pinnacle of their heritage. They now cast detect magic and read magic at will, and dispel magic as many times per day as their Cha modifer. Random magical effects now occur 25% of the time they cast a spell above 3rd level, and they may make a Spellcraft check in order to control the effect. Their physical apperance has drastically changed, as their skin seems transperent and their nearly visible internal organs seem to be composed partically of energy. They no longer need to eat or breath, instead they derive sustenance from being in the prescence of magic. They must be within 10 feet of a spell being cast (including their own spells) as often as they used to eat. (sorry not sure about eating rules in 3.5) They are now susceptible to anti magic spells. Dispel magic damages as a Fireball, AntiMagic Shield acts as a Repulsion, and Disjunction acts as a Maximized Disintegrate, when the SpellHeart is in the area of effect.
SpellHeart: The spellheart makes the leap from powerful spellcaster to magic incarnate. They are given the incoporeal subtype, save for the effects of anti magic spells as noted above.0th level magic effects now occur fully 50% of the time they cast spells and they automatically control the effects, though they may not choose the spell. They still take a humanoid form but it glows brilliantly, as the effect of a Light spell. They lose all physical characteristics, instead substituting their Intelligence for Dexterity, Charisma for Strength and Wisdom for Constitution.

Magic between Minds: Rather than gaining a spellcasting level, the Spellheart gains the ability to tap into other spellcasters magic. If withing 30 ft of another spellcaster, arcane or divine (because remember, even gods use magic) they may substitute one of their spells for a spell of the same level that the other spellcaster has learned. The caster that is stolen from does not lose the spell learned, the Spellheart merely reads the spell in their mind and replicates it in their own. They can do this once for every spell level they have per day. To clarify, a Spellheart is near a Wizard. Both are capable of casting 7th level spells. The Spellheart can swap one spell of each level, with a spell in the Wizards mind, that is one 7th level spell, one 6th level, one 0th level etc.
This is only done for spontaneous or learned spells from casters. Not spells cast from a wand or spell-like abilities.
A Spellheart can perform the Magic in our Minds ability in reverse, with a willing subject. That is swap one of the Spellhearts spells for a spell of the same level of the subjects.
Magic from your Mind: The Spellheart becomes more adept at reading magic in an opponents mind. Instead of replacing one of their spells the Spellheart can forcibly remove it, at the cost of one of their own spell slots. The spell thus stolen is treated as having been cast by the victim of the ability, though the Spellheart still exchanges one of his spell slots for the day with the newly gained spell.

Bonus Feats: At each such opportunity, she can choose a metamagic feat, an item creation feat. The Spellheart must still meet all prerequisites for a bonus feat, including caster level minimums.

alchemyprime
2009-09-28, 02:38 PM
R 395

This is going to sound weird, but I need a system to let Wizards develop their own standard spells. A spell seed system with slots as a mechanic. If it exists.

Any help?

Dirt_Kami
2009-10-17, 03:28 PM
I'm looking for a a way of making Dire a template (3.5 edition, please). It'll save a lot of time and effort when one would like to make just a more dangerous version of an animal. (And to be frank, it's sort of surprising that it isn't in the MM to begin with.)

Type in dire animal template in google, there are a few to choose from.
My favorite is the open content one from Necromancer games
http://www.necromancergames.com/pdf/ToHDire.pdf

ErrantX
2009-10-17, 03:45 PM
R 395

This is going to sound weird, but I need a system to let Wizards develop their own standard spells. A spell seed system with slots as a mechanic. If it exists.

Any help?

You could always check out Fax's d20r sorcerer (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103250), it uses that.

-X

gnownek
2009-10-17, 10:41 PM
But...but .. but ... a half dwarf would keep falling over because....

One leg is shorter than the other........

And only being able to spot half-stone traps is pretty silly............

Plus what's he going to fight with? A half hammer?

Wahrheit
2009-10-18, 01:07 AM
I'm working on a campaign setting vaguely based on the ancient world. Deities and Demigods has the Greek, Norse, and Egyptian pantheons in it; I need alignment and domains for the Celtic, Babylonian, and Chinese pantheons.

Cyanidesoul
2009-10-18, 01:40 AM
I'm trying to get the Hackmaster hacklopedias converted to 3.5. Hackmaster critters are essentially the same as earlier edition D&D monsters, except they typically get an additional 20 hp kicker in that system. If anyone is interested in doing some conversion, it'd be appreciated as I myself don't know how to create or convert monsters.:smallfrown:

Dirt_Kami
2009-10-18, 03:46 PM
I'm working on a campaign setting vaguely based on the ancient world. Deities and Demigods has the Greek, Norse, and Egyptian pantheons in it; I need alignment and domains for the Celtic, Babylonian, and Chinese pantheons.

Daghdha
Chaotic Good
Domains: none, his priests are Druids

Lugh
Chaotic Neutral
Domains: Craft, Travel, War

Oghma
Neutral Good
Domains: Charm, Good, Rune

Goibhniu
Neutral Good
Domains: Craft, Good, Healing

Manannan mac Lir
Chaotic Neutral
Domains: Ocean, Trickery, Water

Arawn
Neutral Evil
Domains: Death, Deathbound, Undeath

Morrigan
Chaotic Evil
Domains: Chaos, Death, War

Diancecht
Chaotic Neutral
Domains: Healing, Protection, Renewal

Math Mathonwy
Neutral Evil
Domains: Knowledge, Magic, Spell

Belenus
Neutral Good
Domains: None, his priests are Druids

Brigantia
Neutral Good
Domains: Animal, Healing, Water

Anu
Lawful Neutral
Domains: Air, Law, Nobility

Anshar
Chaotic Evil
Domains: Chaos, Darkness, Evil

Druaga
Lawful Evil
Domains: Baator, Evil

Girru
Lawful Good
Domains: Destruction, Fire, Good

Ishtar
Neutral
Domains: Charm, Protection, War

Marduk
Lawful Neutral
Domains: Air, Law, Storms

Nergal
Neutral Evil
Domains: Death, Evil, Trickery

Ramman
Neutral
Domains: Air, Water, Storms

Kuan-ti
Neutral Good
Domains: Oracle, Protection, War

Yen-Wang-Yeh
Lawful Neutral
Domains: Fate, Death, Law

Fu Hsing
Chaotic Good
Domains: None, his priests are Chaotic Good Bards who are immune to fear

Chung Kuel
Lawful Good
Domains: Inquisition, Knowledge, Law

Lao Tzu
Lawful Neutral
Domains: Animal, Balance, Knowledge

K’ung Fu-tzu
Lawful Good
Domains: Community, Family, Good

Karma Guard
2009-10-18, 08:00 PM
I need some interesting clockwork monsters . MOst of the ones presented in the MM's are golems with special attacks. Sorry if this is a bit vauge.

Maybe you could slap the Effigy template on things? Or Axiomatic with some flavor changes?

anyway idk a reskin of a hellwasp swarm

Ticking Wasp Swarm

S/T: Diminutive Construct (Swarm, Lawful)
HD: 12d10+27 (93 HP)
Speed: 5 ft. (1 square), fly 40 ft. (good)
AC: 20 (+4 size, +6 dex), Touch 20, FF 14
BAB/Grapple: +12/-
Attack: Swarm (3d6 + poison) OR Cacophony (6d6 nonlethal)
Full Attack: Swarm (3d6 + poison) OR Cacophony (6d6 nonlethal)
Space/Reach: 10/0
Special Attacks: Distraction, poison, cacophony
Special Qualities: DR 10/chaotic, blindsight 30', hive mind, immune to weapon damage, construct traits, swarm traits
Saves: Fort +10, Ref +14, Will +7
Abilities: Str 1, Dex 22, Con 14, Int 8, Wis 13, Cha 9
Skills: Hide +10, Listen +10, Spot +15
Feats: Alertness, Improved Initiative, Iron Will, Toughness, Skill Focus (Spot)
Environment: A lawful-aligned plane, clockworky places
Organization: Solitary, Class (2-4 swarms), or Order (5-8 swarms)
CR: 8sh
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always with a lawful component
Advancement: hell no
LA: none.

A single Ticking Wasp resembles a thumb-sized normal wasp, but made from metal with a silver-and-copper banded carapace, with delicate paper wings and glass eyes. In swarms, a ticking wasp forms a hive mind with it's fellows, creating a lawful, orderly mind that comes down hard on any who intrude upon its hive.

Combat:
Ticking wasps seek to drive away intruders more than kill them. It usually opens with usages of it's Cacophony ability as a warning before swarming the target, preferring not to have messy corpses laying around.

A ticking wasp's attack is treated as a lawful and magical weapon for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.

Distraction (Ex): Any living creature that begins its turn with a ticking wasp swarm in its space must succeed on a DC 18 Fortitude save or be nauseated for 1 round. The save DC is Constitution-based.

Cacophony (Ex): A ticking wasp swarm that has a functioning hive mind (see below) can emanate dangerous sonic energy in a cone up to 80 feet long. It can also use this attack to affect any creatures or objects within a 30-foot radius. This attack deals 6d6 nonlethal damage to all within the area (Reflex DC 20 for half) and makes everyone in the area Sickened unless they stop up their ears beforehand.

This save DCs is charisma based.

Poison (Ex): Injury, Fort DC 18, Initial and secondary damage 1d4 Charisma and 2 Int. This save DC is constitution-based.

Hive Mind (Ex): Any ticking wasp swarm with at least 1 hit point per Hit Die (or 12 hit points, for a standard swarm) forms a hive mind, giving it an Intelligence of 8. When a ticking wasp swarm is reduced below this hit point threshold, it becomes mindless and loses the Cacophony ability.

Ticking Wasps- sometimes called tickybees or whirr-wasps, are found in any lawful plane and their hive mind can be any lawful alignment. Their hives are made from incredibly fine sheets of processed metal, and some clever people have put hives close to gold or other precious metal sources to get fine metal sheets. While intelligent, most ticking wasp swarms are consumed by their daily work to the point where they act pretty much like mundane wasps until asked proper questions, at which they will answer politely, if slowly (even if they are ultimately only concerned with the hive).

They cannot speak, but understand any one language native to their plane of origin.

Stuff like that, maybe?

The Dark Fiddler
2009-10-18, 08:06 PM
R. 398 (I think, ya'll haven't been numbering!)

I'm looking for some alternate stuff for a bard, changing it from an odd arcane caster to a more martial role. Basically replacing the spells with maneuvers. Sadly, as I've said many times before, I know nothing of balance, so I'm hoping somebody can help me out here.

Eldrys
2009-10-18, 10:51 PM
R. 399

I need a small creature that somehow gets flight(raptoran style maybe ?), and has fey-like fluff. It's for an upcoming campaign and my sister wanted to be a pixie, but we are starting from level 1

Did it myself

Djinn_in_Tonic
2009-10-18, 11:36 PM
R. 398 (I think, ya'll haven't been numbering!)

I'm looking for some alternate stuff for a bard, changing it from an odd arcane caster to a more martial role. Basically replacing the spells with maneuvers. Sadly, as I've said many times before, I know nothing of balance, so I'm hoping somebody can help me out here.

H: 398

Ditch spellcasting, and stick on the Warblade's maneuver/stance progression, with the Swordsage's recovery method. Grant access to Diamond Mind, White Raven, Shadow Hand, and Setting Sun maneuvers. Should be about the same power, roughly, as the original bard, although it's not perfect.

Karma Guard
2009-10-20, 11:40 PM
R 400 :smallcool:

What's the quickest, simplest way to knock a Dromite down to LA +0?

Edit: Where the heck did those simple ToB-variants for Fighter/Barb/Rogue, et all go? I simply can't find them.

wait no i found them

Kuma
2009-10-30, 09:09 PM
R401.
The Four Alices from Vocaloids "Alice of Human Sacrifice"
four human characters would be preferred.
in case people don't want to spend the time finding the movie for this here's a summary:
The First Alice was an extremely violent woman, and hacked away at everything in her path. she got lost inside a haunted wood, and except for her blood red path, there was no evidence for her existence.
The Second Alice was a tame and passive singer, who was loved throughout the land, he wove notes of false beauty, driving his listeners mad. He himself went mad one day, and shot himself.
The third Alice was a clever girl who manipulated others into crowning her their queen. after gaining such power, she was possesed by a twisted dream, and felt each passing day steal her beauty. she now rules from the heart of her kingom.
The Fourth alice was a pair of twins, a tough older sister and a smart younger brother. they traveled the farthest towards wonderland, though many fake worlds created by the dream, they traveled deep into the woods and were never seen again. some say the first Alice killed them

Drinky Ogre
2009-10-31, 10:34 AM
R402

I was wondering if anyone could homebrew me a race of giants that dont have a double digit ECL.

Ideally Im looking for giants that my players could choose at around 5th or 6th level as optional races. Half giants already exist in my campaign so I dont want any link to thier stats:smallwink:

Thanks in advance!

Debihuman
2009-10-31, 06:43 PM
C 400: for the Dromite: lose Natural armor bonuses and fire resistance.

C 402: The problem with giants and ECL is size. They are by nature going to have ECL's that are high. You don't get all the benefits from their size without it.

C: 401 not enough info given for a homebrewer without knowledge of the movie. Sorry.

Debby

Pika...
2009-11-03, 04:44 AM
R.403

Hi,

Surprisingly this is my first time here.

Anyway, I tried this last month (or before that?) on it's own thread, but sadly no one replied.

This is the creature I would love stated up:

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f173/celestialkin/125361221318-1.jpg

I am bringing it up at the moment because a player of mine has shown interest in returning to the Plane of Faerie looking for a mount (a pinky flying elephant...).

So, aside from a Barney fey creature I would love to have this as a native of the Plane of Faerie. Perhaps of Elven forests on the Prime Material as well, since they likely have fey gates hidden around.

As for what I need it to do? As close a homage to the original show would be nice, but then a little twist to match the image might be nice. CR is not that important, but preferably low to midish range?

Many pikas!

-Retarded Pikachu

Debihuman
2009-11-03, 08:59 AM
C 403. Nice picture but I have no idea what show it came from and so I have no idea what it can do. More information is needed. Please tell me it's not a Care Bear though. That's just cringe-worthy

Pika...
2009-11-03, 01:14 PM
C 403. Nice picture but I have no idea what show it came from and so I have no idea what it can do. More information is needed. Please tell me it's not a Care Bear though. That's just cringe-worthy

C.403

Yup. Sorry about that. :smallbiggrin:

sigurd
2009-11-03, 03:03 PM
C.403

Looks like an enraged russian care bear. He probably heard there wasn't a spot for "ecstasy bear".

s

sigurd
2009-11-03, 03:18 PM
RE: Wightblade

I like it, but it needs a downside - something not too onerous for an evil wielder. How about:

The Wightblade must consume 10hp per day or it will rust, tarnish and eventually fall to dust. Without a victim the sword will weaken its wielder for 10hp at midnight. Wielders without a constitutions score will simply lose 10 hp while they carry the sword. These hp are regained in battle in the same manner as a falselife spell.
The wielder of a wightblade will have his\her memories intruded upon by the memories and sorrows of his enslaved victims.

Debihuman
2009-11-03, 03:33 PM
C 403. Awakened Bear with ability to grant a wish once per day. Does the blue fur have any significance? I'd make this a unique creature.

H 403. See Care Bear thread for completed version.

Debby

Pika...
2009-11-03, 03:56 PM
C.403

Thanks Debbi, but I was kind of hoping for it to be a race.

Also, while the wish is an interesting idea (they do reside in the Plane of Faerie), what would you do for the tummy beams?

Also, maybe the unique creature idea could be that there is only one currently on this material world visiting/lost from the Plane of Faerie? So perhaps people come looking for it from across the planet, but most probably just get eaten if they do not have a hell of a diplomacy check? :smallbiggrin:

NosferatuZodd
2009-11-03, 07:35 PM
R: 404

I would highly enjoy having the Feral template from Savage species converted into a template class, my DM's latest events have turned my human fighter into a feral monster, and he and I don't want to bother with the damn LA, not to mention he says he doesn't want to **** me over majorly with the LA.

Shoes
2009-11-16, 12:44 PM
R: 405

Background:
Okay, I am a backup DM in a 4e campaign, where I am a lvl 7 Rogue/Multiclass Wizard. By request, the main DM allowed me to take the wizard cantrips instead of an at-will as an encounter power (the cantrips allowed to be at-will powers because they are quite useful for a rogue). Further on, my DM allowed my character to make a limited arcana skill check to 'improvise' magic because early-campaign, pre-multiclass, I made some epic arcana checks for a skill challenge, and my character, a former librarian, quipped that he "read some books on improvised magic and how to not blow yourself up."

The request here is for a 4e system to (limitedly) improvise magic that allows a minor amount of control in deciding what happens, what gets targeted, and some consequences for bad check results.

Also, any information on homebrewed cantrips for wizards would be great.

Fortuna
2009-11-20, 06:03 AM
R: 406
Could I have a dire cat? Either CR 1/2 or 2, since I want it to be an animal companion.

The Tygre
2009-11-28, 04:48 PM
R: 407
A friend of mine is looking for a base class based off of void mages. Specifically, this flavor text;

Void magic is the magic of everything and nothing. It is the magic that recognizes that concepts like earth, fire, air and water are just that--concepts. Void magic takes a special kind of mentality to master. While lower level void "spells" are easy to learn, the more advanced ones are not, because they require a sort of understanding that defies conventional thought.

Put simply, void magic is the magic of reality in it's truest form, detached from the mind and it's filters. Thus, the more attached a person is to their own concepts and understanding of reality, the less mastery of void magic they can obtain. This is almost the inverse of other magic types; other magics, taking cues as they do from the person's mind, are strengthened when the person has a clear and unquestionable conception of what they are doing (even if it is merely a psychological construct). Conversely, the more a person is able to shed their own beliefs and preconceptions, the more power they will obtain through the use of void magic.

Of course, void magic can be "taught," and this has the paradoxical effect of making the person believe that they must not believe anything, but so long as a person is open-minded enough to reach out and grasp the true universe, it does not truly matter what they think--and that is the true key. It is not what you think, but what you don't think, that limits your power as a void mage. If your beliefs limit you, you are hindered. If your beliefs open you up, you are empowered.

In practice, void magic is used for all manner of strange, often unbelievable effects. The simpler ones are easy enough, both to use and to believe--things like sensing the presence of other creatures in a certain radius around you, or casting spells using less mana. Some are strange and seem rather extreme, but do not seem impossible--such as the power to disenchant an item without ever having to break through it's magical defenses, or permanently alter one's own chakras. The most powerful and difficult void spells defy the imagination--spells that make the caster imperceptible in every way, spells that alter the memories of entire nations of people, and even spells that allow one to speak directly with the goddesses themselves. Void magic is one of the most difficult, and it is one of the only kinds of magic that no one--no race and no class--is born with an advantage in, or even knowing how to use. All the usual bets are off; void magic is utterly dependant on the mind of it's user, with all other factors being secondary at best. Even mana seems to be a questionable issue in the use of void magic; some void mages don't even seem to need it.

Too vague? I can ask for more specifics from him if you want.

Mulletmanalive
2009-11-28, 07:19 PM
C: 407

This is the basic flavour for Void casters from Legend of the 5 Rings. The thing with this is that lower level Void magic isn't really anything in L5R; for the most part, it's where all the non-Kami related Divination techniques come from.

For a direct representation, here's the simplest way:

Take seven levels of Wizard in the Diviner speciality. Necromancy is the denied school and require at least 1 Transmutation spell be included in each of the 2 learned spells each level.

Replace the Familiar and Bonus feats with the prerequisites of the Void Mage class from Complete Arcane spread as evenly as possible, to taste. Then stick the Void Mage class on the last 13 levels and normalise the saves.

That's a pretty damn close representation of the cream of the Pheonix for you. Further suggested elements are Spell Penetration and the like as they allow you to undermine the resistance of things by infiltrating their void component.

Flatulous
2009-11-29, 01:35 PM
R. 408

I have always enjoyed the Shadowrun spirit summoning mechanic. For those who don't know it, you basically choose your own difficulty, make a roll, and then if you succeed you bind a spirit who owes you a number of services based on how well you succeeded. So the more powerful the spirit, the harder it is to get a service from it. weak and simple spirits can easily be bound for several services. But you as the summoner decide what you are going for. There some limitations about how many spirits you can have bound (or the sum of the power of the spirits you have bound).

I'd like to have a mechanic like this in D20 rich enough to base a class or PRC around. I am aware of the Planar Binding spells but they are not enough for this I don't think.

Debihuman
2009-11-30, 01:14 PM
C 406.

Dire animals are generally Large in size and have more hit dice than what you are looking for. See dire bat for comparison. You could use Serval (Savannah Wildcat) from Sandstorm which is CR 1 or use the stats of Leopard (CR 2).

Debby

Debihuman
2009-11-30, 01:21 PM
C. 408

While the mechanics for Shadowrun are different from D&D, there is no reason that you couldn't use spells like planar binding that way. You could even do this in game using skills like Diplomacy or Intimidate in conjunction with the spell.

Debby

The Tygre
2009-12-03, 10:50 PM
H: 407

C: 407

Take seven levels of Wizard in the Diviner speciality. Necromancy is the denied school and require at least 1 Transmutation spell be included in each of the 2 learned spells each level.

Replace the Familiar and Bonus feats with the prerequisites of the Void Mage class from Complete Arcane spread as evenly as possible, to taste. Then stick the Void Mage class on the last 13 levels and normalise the saves.

Would the Diviner from Unearthed Arcana be okay for this too?

FelixG
2009-12-08, 04:29 AM
I couldnt find anywhere else to post this, and i didnt want to start a new thread and i used all of the search features these forums have to offer, so i will have my question here.

I have noticed a few custom settings for the D20 system around here, i was wondering if anyone had made a Mass Effect RPG?

Mulletmanalive
2009-12-08, 08:38 PM
C: 407b

H: 407

Would the Diviner from Unearthed Arcana be okay for this too?

I can't remember what the prerequisites of the Prestige class off hand. The Prescience thing fits pretty well for the Pheonix Void whores in L5R, but you'll have to meet the prerequisites unless any are mostly pointless in which case they can be ignored.

Mulletmanalive
2009-12-08, 08:40 PM
C: 406b

R: 406
Could I have a dire cat? Either CR 1/2 or 2, since I want it to be an animal companion.

A CR 2 Dire cat could just be an Ocelot from the back of the MM.

Simple...maybe give it +1 on natural armour for the lithoderms.

ChakraChanter
2009-12-29, 02:23 PM
R409

Could someone help me develope a feat that allows you to one-hand a two-handed weapon in each hand?

I think it should have a high strength requirement and have the prerequisites of all the two-weapon fighting feats.

ErrantX
2009-12-29, 02:46 PM
R409

Could someone help me develope a feat that allows you to one-hand a two-handed weapon in each hand?

I think it should have a high strength requirement and have the prerequisites of all the two-weapon fighting feats.

Monkey Grip + Oversized Two Weapon Fighting.

There ya go. Both I think are in Complete Warrior. Enjoy your penalties.

-X

ChakraChanter
2009-12-29, 04:29 PM
C409

That still doesn't allow you to wield a larger weapon in your off-hand:smalleek:

Tavar
2009-12-29, 04:42 PM
C409

That still doesn't allow you to wield a larger weapon in your off-hand:smalleek:

Umm...yeah it does. You just have to wield Large longswords instead of greatswords, but mechanically they're the same thing.

ChakraChanter
2009-12-29, 04:44 PM
Umm...yeah it does. You just have to wield Large longswords instead of greatswords, but mechanically they're the same thing.

"You cannot wield a larger weapon in your off hand..." - Monkey Grip

ErrantX
2009-12-29, 04:46 PM
"You cannot wield a larger weapon in your off hand..." - Monkey Grip

Hence Oversized Two Weapon Fighting.

-X

ChakraChanter
2009-12-29, 06:39 PM
Hence Oversized Two Weapon Fighting.

-X

"When wielding a one-handed weapon in your
off hand, you take penalties for fighting with two weapons
as if you were wielding a light weapon in your off hand (see
page 160 of the Player’s Handbook)"

Where does it say in there you can wield a larger then average weapon in your off hand?

ErrantX
2009-12-29, 06:48 PM
"When wielding a one-handed weapon in your
off hand, you take penalties for fighting with two weapons
as if you were wielding a light weapon in your off hand (see
page 160 of the Player’s Handbook)"

Where does it say in there you can wield a larger then average weapon in your off hand?

Obviously you're not looking at Oversized Two Weapon Fighting, and the way you apply bonuses in 3.5. You apply what benefits you more first.

Oversized Two-Weapon Fighting says:

You are adept at wielding larger than normal weapons in your offhand.

Prerequisite: Str 13, Two-Weapon Fighting.
Benefit: When wielding a one-handed weapon in your offhand, you take penalties for fighting with two weapons as if you were wielding a light weapon in your offhand (see page 160 of the Player's Handbook).
Special: A fighter may select Over-sized Two-Weapon Fighting as one of his fighter bonus feats.

Emphasis mine. When wielding a one-handed weapon in your offhand, you may treat it as a light weapon.

Now, for Monkey Grip:

Benefit: You can use melee weapons one size category larger than you are with a -2 penalty on the attack roll, but the amount of effort it rakes you to use the weapon does not change. For instance, a Large longsword (a one-handed weapon for a Large creature) is considered a two-handed weapon for a Medium creature that does not have this feat. For a Medium creature that has this feat, it is still considered one-handed weapon. You can wield a larger light weapon as a light weapon, or a larger two-handed weapon in two hands. You cannot wield a larger weapon in your off-hand, and you cannot use this feat with a double weapon.

Emphasis mine. So you apply things the way it benefits you more. It's just like the Master Spellthief trick on Unseer Seer. You first apply the Oversized Two-Weapon Fighting feat, allowing you to treat a one-handed weapon in your off hand as a light weapon. So the Medium longsword is considered light. Next, you apply Monkey Grip, allowing you to wield a Large longsword one handed. If that sword goes to your offhand, it is now a light weapon due to Oversized Two-Weapon Fighting.

-X

AustontheGreat1
2009-12-30, 12:56 AM
R:410

is a system for adding pieces of other creatures into yourself? for example, say i wanted to graft a a beholder eye and....the voice box of a destrachan into myself? has anyone created a way of doing that?

I know there are already grafts but i was wonder if anyone came up with a different system?

Debihuman
2010-01-10, 11:07 AM
C 410. I think grafts are probably the best way to go. I honestly can't think of a better method.

Debby

kyoten
2010-01-26, 05:54 PM
R: 411

I am looking for a character build between level 14-20 that could emulate the feel of Yuri Volte Hyuga (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_Hearts#Playable_Characters) from Shadow Hearts. Sample (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aMHNc_Lm08&feature=related) Vids (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBUhataIqC4&feature=related).

Note: It doesn't have to be a replication just a character design with a similar feel/ability

Thanks for any assistance!

Bobmufin52
2010-02-04, 12:56 PM
R: 412

I want a CR12 monster that is a mix between water elemental and a taint elemental (found in Heroes of Horror, pg. 145.) This is going to be the final fight in my upcoming campaign, so a size of large or larger would be nice.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2010-02-04, 01:05 PM
R: 412

I want a CR12 monster that is a mix between water elemental and a taint elemental (found in Heroes of Horror, pg. 145.) This is going to be the final fight in my upcoming campaign, so a size of large or larger would be nice.

C 412: By "mix between," do you want a Water Elemental that delivers Taint?

If so...

H 412: Take the Water Elemental and have it deliver, say, 1d4 points of Corruption per slam attack, Fort DC 20 negates (and the same if it grapples a foe or traps one in its whirlpool). Make the save reduce the damage to 1 if you want to be mildly cruel, and make it a flat 1d2 or 1d3 (no save) if you're up for a particularly difficult time. For more sickening "tainted water" flavor, perhaps have foes within 10 feet of it be automatically Sickened, and make its slam attacks have a chance to infect the victim with Filth Fever.

Sticking all of that on a CR 11 Elder Water Elemental might actually bring you very close to CR 12...and it's size Huge to boot.

Bobmufin52
2010-02-04, 01:10 PM
C 412: By "mix between," do you want a Water Elemental that delivers Taint?

If so...

H 412: Take the Water Elemental and have it deliver, say, 1d4 points of Corruption per slam attack, Fort DC 20 negates (and the same if it grapples a foe or traps one in its whirlpool). Make the save reduce the damage to 1 if you want to be mildly cruel, and make it a flat 1d2 or 1d3 (no save) if you're up for a particularly difficult time. For more sickening "tainted water" flavor, perhaps have foes within 10 feet of it be automatically Sickened, and make its slam attacks have a chance to infect the victim with Filth Fever.

Sticking all of that on a CR 11 Elder Water Elemental might actually bring you very close to CR 12...and it's size Huge to boot.

C:412
That might work...Basicly the idea I have is that a tain elemntal and a water elemntal were melded together through an evil magicical ritual.

A.J.Gibson
2010-02-04, 01:12 PM
So can we request re-do's of existing prestige classes here? Because I love the idea behind the DragonHeart Mage, but I find it doesn't follow through enough (i.e., not enough draconic feats, too many empty levels).

Betagold
2010-02-13, 07:42 PM
R. 413

I used to have an old homebrew class saved somewhere, something like a papermancer. He made weapons, shields, even minions out of paper. Spells had names such as Hard Paper, Paper Dagger, etc. Only problem is, I can't find it anymore. Even my google-fu has fallen to the might of this problem. Does anyone know anything like this?