PDA

View Full Version : Ninja!

Mee
2008-02-18, 04:03 PM
Right now, I'm just wondering if this has been done before, if so please give me a link, if not, then I'll edit this post, and add all the things in.
This has also never been tested, and I will edit it as needed.
Thank you.
(I also take suggestions, if you think anything should be added, let me know, and if it's good, I'll add it. I'll also warn you guys, I've never made a class before, so, suggestions are good.)

Hit Die, d8
Damage dealt be Ninjas is lethal, only until the target has 10 HP left, then it magically turns non-lethal, but only on PCs, unless the DM says otherwise.
Weakness in numbers: The only time ninjas can be killed (ninja? Ninji?) is when there are more than 1,(not to say they're invisible, this is just a figure of speech) when there are more than 1 on the same side, divide AC and HP by how many Ninji (I like that one best) are participating.
BAB: As Monk, but at second level they can make an extra attack at there highest attack bonus -5, every 2 levels there after, they can make an extra attack. There are no limits to how many attacks they can get (because ninjas are really fast)
BSB: as monk

(This is for all the DMs out there)
This is an NPC class only, only use when a PC gets:
annoying/to powerful and needs to be taken down a few pegs.

Half-blood
2008-02-18, 04:10 PM
actually, yes. in an actual WoTC source book, complete adventurer.

Mee
2008-02-18, 04:12 PM
Well, I don't have that one. Oh well, THIS ONE'LL BE BETTER!!! :smallbiggrin:

RTGoodman
2008-02-18, 04:20 PM
Of course, other than the CAdv Ninja class, there are probably dozens of others, either as PrCs or as homebrewed classes here or on the various other D&D forums.

Just go ahead and post yours, and I guarantee somebody will have some suggestions. That's sort of a rule on the internet, I guess - if it's about ninjas, somebody has an opinion. And will gladly share it. Whether you want to hear it or not.

Paragon Badger
2008-02-19, 07:35 PM
My mythologically-friendly ninjas (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jiraiya) act more like druids... :smallfrown:

Half-blood
2008-02-19, 11:26 PM
well, If your going to have to use The inverse law of Ninja (http://www.netjak.com/review.php/1199)
Stating that one Ninja will take out 88 other ninjas of equal strength, exp, and knowledge/training. until one ninja is left that finishes you off. also displayed Here (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0453.html)
Panel 16

Mee
2008-02-19, 11:43 PM
Does it look alright so far? Anything I should change?

Innis Cabal
2008-02-20, 12:05 AM
UUmm......d10 at most

Icewalker
2008-02-20, 02:00 AM
Haha...you made an overpowered 'I like ninjas' class...just like many others before you have, although not necessarily on this forum...not really...worth much. There are already many serious ninja classes made.

Sorry if that seemed overly critical, I'm still in a critical mindset from reviewing Numa (http://numa.notdot.net/) maps. Basically: If you are making a ridiculously OP ninja, why even stat it out?

Mee
2008-02-20, 07:28 PM
I dunno, for the fun, I guess.

osyluth
2008-02-20, 11:28 PM
Ninjas were not particularly tough, and d12 is insane. The only other classes that have that are the barbarian, warblade, and knight, and I don't even think the warblade should get it.

Mee
2008-02-21, 08:49 PM
Just wait until you see the last little bit.

It's evil.

Half-blood
2008-02-21, 10:13 PM
I'd have to say...Yeah. D12, WAY to high. Think about it this way, in old Viking culture, they had these warriors called beserks. THOSE are barbarians. and if you think some Pansy-stealthy Ninja is going to be able to take as much damage as a viking beserk in combat? Sorry. Not going to happen.

And on another note. when the inverse law of ninja comes into effect. it doesn't make the ninja completely invincible. It just makes the ninja a lot stronger.

ronnyfire
2008-02-22, 05:07 PM
ninja really need like.. d8 hd dude.. at most.. ninja are not tough, in any way xD

they avoid combat at all costs, preferring a kill before the enemy knows they are there, and being gone before a corpse is found.

Mee
2008-02-22, 08:22 PM
Yes, but every ninja movie I've ever seen has a fight at the end, and the hero gets so badly beaten up, but doesn't die.
I'll change it to a d8.