PDA

View Full Version : Help with a mini BBEG (suggestions please!)

ErrantX
2008-02-18, 05:25 PM
So, in my game, the party defeated a group of cultists who trying to resurrect a mass murderer as a morhg. The cultists follow a goddess of death, murder and slaughter, and they were headed up by a level 6 sorceress (the party level is 5th) who had been focused in necromancy and evil spells. The group killed her very well and left her and her unhallowed chapel of evil to the works of the goodly priests of the sun goddess in the city. Well... her boyfriend had managed to escape the whole awfulness and if he were to return, he'd find her shattered and beheaded body (she failed a Concentration check to cast defensively when the group managed to surround her, then she got hit by a crit and two other hits which dropped her). So...

What I'm trying to get at, is what kind of undead can I make her to have her rise up and trouble the party at a later date? Her boyfriend was a mere level 4 rogue, but he had money and knew her connections and such. She was a devout follower of a goddess who prizes murder and death and is not at all above the undead as followers.

-X

AKA_Bait
2008-02-18, 05:41 PM
Personally, I'm a fan of Wraith's and Dread Wraiths. Especially with Sorcerers if you decide to houserule/slap their previous class levels on them.

Xyk
2008-02-18, 05:42 PM
Wraiths and vampires are both fun.

ChaosDefender24
2008-02-18, 05:54 PM
This is going nuts, but it's what I'd do:

She comes back as an angel of decay somehow.

AKA_Bait
2008-02-18, 06:02 PM
You know, if you want to make her preggers, and mabye keep the class levels or add extra HD this one of the Demented One's creations could be pretty icky for your players. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39607)

mostlyharmful
2008-02-18, 06:35 PM
She died in her blasphemous ritual circle in the midst of her blasphemous ritual. She could raise as a ghost without even the boyfriends help, giving her some fun fear powers, even funner possesion powers and a REALLY annoying (for the PCs) rejuvination power.