PDA

View Full Version : Is haley's ass really that big?

krossbow
2008-02-19, 08:32 PM
Geez, yet another crack on haley about her rear. First we get belkar in this panel (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0524.html) making a wise crack about it, and now celia is talking about it. Hah, its hard to tell with stick figures, but it seems to be evolving into a running gag insult.

Shades of Gray
2008-02-19, 08:38 PM
Well, halflings are small. And Maybe Sylph's are thin.

Or maybe Haley's pregnant...

Green-Shirt Q
2008-02-19, 08:39 PM
Well, actually, it's just a sterotypical insult. Everybody says this to girls because it really bugs them. They but a lot of thought into their butts so insulting them in that way really cheeses them off.

There is nothing specail about Haley in this context.

Tengu
2008-02-19, 08:41 PM
Compare the way Celia and Haley look - even though they are stick figures, Haley has a build typical for a female human in OotS-verse, while Celia is much thinner. It's obvious that a human would have a large butt for her.

The Extinguisher
2008-02-19, 08:43 PM
I took it as a "Celias not pregnant!" jab at us.

Tengu
2008-02-19, 08:46 PM
I took it as a "Celias not pregnant!" jab at us.

Now that you mention it, that's possible too. Not the first time Giant gives the forums a Take That! And can't blame him, really.

Chronos
2008-02-19, 09:50 PM
Compare the way Celia and Haley look - even though they are stick figures, Haley has a build typical for a female human in OotS-verse, while Celia is much thinner. It's obvious that a human would have a large butt for her.See also the last panel, where Hayley refers to Celia's "bony fairy butt". Haley and Celia have different builds, and they're going to rag on each other over that.

Shhalahr Windrider
2008-02-19, 10:05 PM
Now that you mention it, that's possible too. Not the first time Giant gives the forums a Take That! And can't blame him, really.
The frequency of such occurences are enough to make one doubt his claims that he doesn't really read the forum.

The one that really stood out to me today was the "hearing ghosts in your sleep" bit. (Not that I bought into that theory, as we have at least one instance of Roy meeting Eugene while the former wasn't even mildly fatigued—that being after the "trial".)

Surfing HalfOrc
2008-02-19, 11:27 PM
Yes. It's freaking ginormous!!! :smalleek:

But I guess Elan likes "Big Booty Girls!" :smalltongue:

I don't know, I just like tossing gasoline on the fire. :smallbiggrin:

Kjata
2008-02-19, 11:46 PM
The frequency of such occurences are enough to make one doubt his claims that he doesn't really read the forum.

The one that really stood out to me today was the "hearing ghosts in your sleep" bit.

AFAIK i was the first to suggest that, and i felt i Giant, friendly* middle finger in my direction. Hell, maybe I'm wrong but i felt kinda special lol.

*Kind of a "guess again!" not like a "F*** you!"

Superglucose
2008-02-19, 11:51 PM
Well... yes. Yes haley's ass IS that big. Why? Easy.

She's well-toned, with good-sized muscels. The biggest ass I've ever seen was on this girl who played Sweeper for my high school soccer team. She could squat something like 500 lbs, and ran like a ****ing cheetah. Celia's the anorexic, model style. Haley's the baddass beauty.

Corwin Weber
2008-02-20, 02:15 AM
What kind of lush redheaded rogue would Haley be if she didn't have a generous, womanly figure? Think Boris Valljevo or pirate wench paintings. None of the women are less than a C cup (with D-DD being more common) and tend to be hippy and otherwise generously proportioned.

Khanderas
2008-02-20, 02:17 AM
Almost every girl in the world think their butt is big (stereotypically speaking), problebly because women have a naturally wider hip skeletal structure then men (so a baby can get enough room) and at the same time used to men being, in general, larger then women.

Then the natural padding for women tend to end up on the hips and that doesn't help (except biologically, for kids and the hip fat is better then belly fat).

So it is much a generic "insult" in the real world.

Now in a world where there are air sylphs, you need a very small leap of faith to picture Sylphs as very thin, less biological if you will and more etherial.
So while very normal within their species they are quite different sizewise.

Facinating subject. I can talk all day long about women hips (yum).:smallsmile:

Paragon Badger
2008-02-20, 03:13 AM
The majority of characters in Oots have the exact same body type.

Therefore, take the giant's word for it. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/InformedAttribute)

Querzis
2008-02-20, 03:16 AM
The majority of characters in Oots have the exact same body type.

Therefore, take the giant's word for it. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/InformedAttribute)

Hum even if Celia and Haley got the same body type, Haley is obviously bigger, just look at both of her. Now I dont think its really because Haley is big as much as because Celia is probably very thin though Haley probably got a lot more muscle then Celia.

Alfryd
2008-02-20, 04:28 AM
I should, strictly speaking, point out that Str was Haley's dump stat.

Kurald Galain
2008-02-20, 04:42 AM
Geez, yet another crack on haley about her rear. First we get belkar in this panel (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0524.html) making a wise crack about it, and now celia is talking about it. Hah, its hard to tell with stick figures, but it seems to be evolving into a running gag insult.

Actually, Haley says pretty much the same thing to Miko at some point.

It's a bit hard to spot because she's still talking in cryptograms then.

Alfryd
2008-02-20, 04:44 AM
:haley: "You can't understand me, so just allow me to say that you're a frigid bitch and your thighs look fat in that armour."

Weiser_Cain
2008-02-20, 05:40 AM
Compared to Halflings or Celestial Supermodels? Yes, whale-like.

Xefas
2008-02-20, 05:57 AM
I propose a fan club for Haley's butt.

May it only grow larger with time.

Weiser_Cain
2008-02-20, 06:07 AM
That would work better if she was actually rendered as something other that a sack of potatoes on two L-shaped sticks.

FujinAkari
2008-02-20, 06:29 AM
AFAIK i was the first to suggest that, and i felt i Giant, friendly* middle finger in my direction. Hell, maybe I'm wrong but i felt kinda special lol.

*Kind of a "guess again!" not like a "F*** you!"

What are you talking about? The Giant makes no secret that he reads the forums on a regular basis, which is why all predictions about the comic must be surrounded by Spoiler Tags since Rich explicitly does not want to see them.

Revlid
2008-02-20, 08:18 AM
What are you talking about? The Giant makes no secret that he reads the forums on a regular basis, which is why all predictions about the comic must be surrounded by Spoiler Tags since Rich explicitly does not want to see them.

That's exactly what he's talking about.

Shhalahr Windrider
2008-02-20, 08:20 AM

The club or the butt?

The Spoiler thing has since passed into being primarily for the benefit of fans that don't like speculation.

At least, last I checked, that was the official word, which might vary from actual practice. But I'm not sure where to go in order to check again... :smallfrown:

Belkar Rocks
2008-02-20, 10:05 AM
This is the finest debate there has ever been on these forums. EVER! :smallsmile:

krossbow
2008-02-20, 12:05 PM
Strangely enough, I just realized that I never actually looked at the two to compare body sizes, since they were both stick figures.

Upon looking at the two, I can say with absolute certainty, that compared to Celia, Haley's butt is huge.

the way the giant has drawn the two, haley's butt is 1/3 bigger than celias.

Querzis
2008-02-20, 12:22 PM
I should, strictly speaking, point out that Str was Haley's dump stat.

It says that somewhere or its just a guess? Well anyway, I dont think Haley got much str but she definitly has lots of dexterity and you need some muscles to be really dexterous.

Alfryd
2008-02-20, 01:29 PM
I think Haley says it herself at some point. So she has wide hips. Is there something particularly wrong with this?

...which is why all predictions about the comic must be surrounded by Spoiler Tags since Rich explicitly does not want to see them.
Uh... I believe the rationale was that SPOILER tags are required to shield the innocent eyes of unsuspecting forumites from the soul-ravaging cosmic terror of what, as prognostications go, would be the equivalent of a million monkeys at typewriters.

Kish
2008-02-20, 02:38 PM
It says that somewhere or its just a guess? Well anyway, I dont think Haley got much str but she definitly has lots of dexterity and you need some muscles to be really dexterous.
*takes four dice, rolls three 6s, puts the resulting 18 in Dexterity*
*rolls four 1s, puts the resulting 3 in Strength*

Not in D&D, you don't.

Shhalahr Windrider
2008-02-20, 03:05 PM
*takes four dice, rolls three 6s, puts the resulting 18 in Dexterity*
*rolls four 1s, puts the resulting 3 in Strength*
*Decides to play a Grey Elf wizard, widening the gap to 20 Dex and 1 Str. :smallbiggrin:

ref
2008-02-20, 05:31 PM
And it can be even wider if I was your DM, because I gave a 19 as a prize for rolling quad sixes.

Haley's ass is the right size. (ie, big)

krossbow
2008-02-20, 06:09 PM
*Decides to play a Grey Elf wizard, widening the gap to 20 Dex and 1 Str. :smallbiggrin:

Is that even legal? I mean, at that level your character would be in a wheelchair or something on oxygen. Heck, at 3 intelligence your character can't move, I'd imagine at similiar levels of strength you'd be nearing quadrapalenigism.

Superglucose
2008-02-20, 07:07 PM
Is that even legal? I mean, at that level your character would be in a wheelchair or something on oxygen. Heck, at 3 intelligence your character can't move, I'd imagine at similiar levels of strength you'd be nearing quadrapalenigism.

Can't... move? Since when? How does a wolf or a cheetah move with an int of 1 or 2? I think you're confused.

Rayzin
2008-02-20, 07:33 PM
Well Belkar told the Ninja/Waitress to get her bulbous human ass back into the kitchen so i think Belkar refers to all humans ass's. And Celia is just a lot thinner than Haley if you look at her body size.

Raider
2008-02-20, 07:47 PM
I think its just the right size...:smallamused:

Roderick_BR
2008-02-20, 08:08 PM

The one that really stood out to me today was the "hearing ghosts in your sleep" bit. (Not that I bought into that theory, as we have at least one instance of Roy meeting Eugene while the former wasn't even mildly fatigued—that being after the "trial".)
I'd say that everyone thought about that. Eugene always showed up at night, so Roy probably thought the same. The others ways he thinks on how it works for his father may have bits of theories people threw around the forum.

North
2008-02-20, 08:14 PM
Yeah Celias an outsider, it would stand to reason she has a slighter build. Any humanoid with wings really shouldnt be packing a big booty.

krossbow
2008-02-20, 08:43 PM
Can't... move? Since when? How does a wolf or a cheetah move with an int of 1 or 2? I think you're confused.

no, not really. At most, I misphrased that. I meant can't move capably with a strength of 1. I was giving the unable to talk example of how a 3 intelligence debilitates you. If you have a 1 strength, your strength is on par with that of a frog, which given a human size, means that you'd probably have to be in a wheelchair, only able to feebly pick light things up.

My main point is that, if your str, dex, int, wis, con or charisma is under 4, as a human you are debilitated in some way that would make you visibly handicapped.

ref
2008-02-20, 09:18 PM
That doesn't make it illegal.

krossbow
2008-02-20, 09:27 PM
Checking the encumbrance for such a character, their maximum heavy load would be 10 pounds. Heck, they'd barely be able to stand in clothes, let alone carrying anything. >.<

Assuming of course that they can naturally carry their own body weight and wouldn't collapse in exaustion.

Quorothorn
2008-02-20, 09:35 PM
Checking the encumbrance for such a character, their maximum heavy load would be 10 pounds. Heck, they'd barely be able to stand in clothes, let alone carrying anything. >.<

Assuming of course that they can naturally carry their own body weight and wouldn't collapse in exaustion.

Encumberance does not include your own weight, though, now does it? :smallwink: It would be assumed, I presume, that even STR 1 can let you move (at normal base speed for your Size if you ain't carrying anything, for extra lulz). Basically, this character can carry a spell component pouch (I hope to high heaven they're a Sorc or Wizard) and one of the lighter sets of clothing (I think the lightest is only 4 lbs).

Shhalahr Windrider
2008-02-20, 09:52 PM
no, not really. At most, I misphrased that. I meant can't move capably with a strength of 1.
Although minimum Strength is required to move for corporeal beings, the capability of that movement would seem to be more Dex related, as low Strength doesn't really impact anything movement wise, while low Dex penalizes your ability to dodge (AC) and keep your Balance.

Just call it one of the holes of Abstraction, really.

Note that the only score with a minimum above 1 for PCs is Intelligence, due to the whole "can't speak below 3" thing.

Worn clothes don't count against weight carried. (Mentioned in the PHB, but not the SRD. See p. 131, first paragraph under "Clothing")

Everyone carries their own body weight for free. No one ever subtracts any portion of their body weight when calculating encumbrance levels.

I'd say that everyone thought about that. Eugene always showed up at night, so Roy probably thought the same.
It just hit me that my comment about the trial wasn't sufficiently valid because his appearance wasn't linked to the sword at that point. So he was working on entirely different rules.

I guess the sleeping thing could have been valid then. Up until we found out it's not...:smalltongue:

pnewman
2008-02-21, 04:46 AM
Worn clothes don't count against weight carried. (Mentioned in the PHB, but not the SRD. See p. 131, first paragraph under "Clothing")

That's not what the rules say. The rules say that "This _first_ outfit is free and does not count against the ammount of weight a character can carry."

Therefore any outfit other than the _first_ outfit a character starts with _does_ count against the ammount of weight a character can carry. Thus while the 4 lb Entertainers Outfit you started the game with will not count against encumbrance any other Entertainers Outfit, or any other sort of outfit, will count as encumbrance by the letter of the rules as written.

Therefore, by the letter of the RAW, when Elan got a new outfit, he had to count the weight of the new outfit against his encumbrance. Clearly this explains why characters in OOTS don't change their outfits much, and most art upgrades have been subtle, the characters are trying to avoid encumbrance problems by always wearing their first 'weightless' outfits. Elan's just too dumb to be this munchkin.

Kish
2008-02-21, 05:43 PM
That's not what the rules say. The rules say that "This _first_ outfit is free and does not count against the ammount of weight a character can carry."

Therefore any outfit other than the _first_ outfit a character starts with _does_ count against the ammount of weight a character can carry. Thus while the 4 lb Entertainers Outfit you started the game with will not count against encumbrance any other Entertainers Outfit, or any other sort of outfit, will count as encumbrance by the letter of the rules as written.
Zaid (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=rpga/hq/polyffs1), is that you?

Callista
2008-02-21, 06:13 PM
Haley's got good Charisma. Ergo, she's got a nice curvy figure. I mean, really, are those bony anorexic girls attractive to anybody except other bony anorexic girls?

Axl_Rose
2008-02-21, 11:07 PM
The biggest ass I've ever seen was on this girl who played Sweeper for my high school soccer team. She could squat something like 500 lbs, and ran like a ****ing cheetah. Celia's the anorexic, model style. Haley's the baddass bigass beauty.

Fixed.

yes it is.

Raging_Pacifist
2008-02-22, 12:33 AM
Haley's got good Charisma. Ergo, she's got a nice curvy figure. I mean, really, are those bony anorexic girls attractive to anybody except other bony anorexic girls?

Finally someone I can agree w/.

krossbow
2008-02-22, 12:42 AM
>.<

Haha, Now I have an image of Elan using his bardic music to make a "I like big butts" music video.

Hyrael
2008-02-22, 01:27 AM

Well Said. I can appreciate a slim figure, but not when ribs start poking out and whatnot.

Haley's always been drawn the same way, and compared to many other female characters, yeah, she seems a little heavy in the hips and belly. I think the proper term might be "meaty."

Demetri_Knight
2008-02-22, 03:22 AM
book says no matter the penalties to race, no stat can start out below 3, so enjoy 20 dex and 3 strength. *hands you a 35 lbs. award*

Sebastian
2008-02-22, 04:12 AM
It is maybe worth mentioning that in the dictionary one of the definiton is Sylph is, beside the elemental creature, is "A slim, graceful woman or girl." (emphasis mine), So, Celia being an actual sylph is very slim, probably slimmer than any human female could ever be.

Grod_The_Giant
2008-02-22, 06:57 PM
the way the giant has drawn the two, haley's butt is 1/3 bigger than celias.

um...so are the rest of their bodies. I'm going to go with "different species."

teratorn
2008-02-22, 07:11 PM

Goody, I'll by the Chief Appraiser of Haley's Big Butt fan club.

blademaster42
2008-02-22, 07:46 PM
I so want in on that club.
After all, phat bottom girls make the rockin' world go round.:smallbiggrin:

Kish
2008-02-22, 08:02 PM
book says no matter the penalties to race, no stat can start out below 3

...Intelligence.

Not so for the other five ability scores. :smallyuk: Just Intelligence.

Green-Shirt Q
2008-02-22, 10:44 PM

I'll definetly join, because...

I LIKE BIG BUTTS AND I CANNOT LIE!
MY OTHER BROTHERS CAN'T DENY!
WHEN HALEY WALKS IN WITH HER LEATHER ARMOUR
AND SNEAK ATTACKS YOU IN THE FACE YOU GET.... etc.

kpenguin
2008-02-22, 10:55 PM
What's with all the Celia-bashing?!

Just because she doesn't have as well-rounded of a figure as Haley doesn't mean she isn't beautiful in her own right!

mikeejimbo
2008-02-22, 10:56 PM
>.<

Haha, Now I have an image of Elan using his bardic music to make a "I like big butts" music video.

You made my day. No. My week.

Hectonkhyres
2008-02-23, 12:09 AM
Haley has to worry about a little thing her sylph competition doesn't: internal organs. Crazy elemental critters function at least partially by magical means. Intestines are for the weak.

Its like why Gith-zerai only eat half as much as the rest of us. If you cut one open, you mostly find the seething chaos of limbo and bones. In a sylph's case... lets just say that Celia really is an airhead.

krokerik
2008-02-23, 02:33 AM

No, I think that under 3 of int your character acts after animal instincts.

blademaster42
2008-02-24, 10:26 AM
What's with all the Celia-bashing?!

Just because she doesn't have as well-rounded of a figure as Haley doesn't mean she isn't beautiful in her own right!

We didn't say she wasn't hot, we only said that we're more partial to haley's figure. We like curvaceous women, what can I say.

Actually, I only know for sure that that applies to me. But I bet most of it does for everyone else...

Eran of Arcadia
2008-02-24, 06:14 PM
Well, I must say I prefer women with curves, but it's not neither a necessary nor a sufficient condition.

Eran of Arcadia
2008-02-24, 06:17 PM
Well, I must say I prefer women with curves, but it's not neither a necessary nor a sufficient condition.

Raging_Pacifist
2008-02-24, 08:08 PM
So all in all Haley has a fat ass, were all skeevy nerds, and the Giant thinks that we're all pervs. I would have to say this thread went pretty well. [/creep-out session]

JessmanCA
2008-02-24, 08:13 PM
I don't see the problem. Biggers hips = better for child-bearing.

Raging_Pacifist
2008-02-24, 08:44 PM
I don't see the problem. Biggers hips = better for child-bearing.

Thats not what they're (were) talking about.

Schulzy
2008-02-24, 09:01 PM
Thats not what they're (were) talking about.

Haley and Elan will get around to it.

Chronos
2008-02-24, 09:06 PM
Thats not what they're (were) talking about.Of course it is; some of us may just not realize it. The forces of evolution may be subtle, but they're very strong.

Frictional
2008-02-24, 09:09 PM
Curiosity... if they're Haley's clothes that Celia is wearing...
Why don't we ever see Haley in them?
You know, I figured if Haley would loan anybody clothes, they'd look like... leather armor. ;)

Raging_Pacifist
2008-02-27, 11:40 PM
Haley and Elan will get around to it.

Wow.....little Elans. I just hope they don't hit each other in their soft undeveloped baby skulls.

krossbow
2008-02-28, 04:07 AM
haha, woah this is still going on? Heh, funny.

Hmmm, if they had little elans and little haleys, which ones would end up being the evil sibling and which one would end up being the good one?

Miraqariftsky
2008-02-28, 04:58 AM
@^: Both of them are Good... so methinks that greatly decreases the chances for Evil offspring--- both by nature and by nurture.

ref
2008-02-28, 06:37 AM
OK, now I'll have to factor Haley's big flawless [Haley dixit] ass when casting someone for the movie...

mockingbyrd7
2008-02-28, 01:30 PM
I don't think that Haley is fat so much as she is well-toned, fit, and shapely, while Celia is more like a supermodel stick figure. *ba-dum-PSHHH!* *cough* Anyways, on a slightly related note, does anyone else think that Haley's hair looks much better down than it does in a ponytail?

Thirdly, am I REALLY having an indepth conversation on the preferred appearance of a stick figure? :smalltongue:

teratorn
2008-02-28, 02:23 PM
Thirdly, am I REALLY having an indepth conversation on the preferred appearance of a stick figure? :smalltongue:

Don't worry, you're not the only one. I now feel that Celia has lost sex-appeal...

krossbow
2008-02-28, 06:00 PM
haha, as I remember, the exact same topic came up in someone's comments about haley during the nale impersonation/murder scene at the inn.

mikeejimbo
2008-02-28, 06:16 PM
I don't think that Haley is fat so much as she is well-toned, fit, and shapely, while Celia is more like a supermodel stick figure. *ba-dum-PSHHH!* *cough* Anyways, on a slightly related note, does anyone else think that Haley's hair looks much better down than it does in a ponytail?

I've always liked it better down than up. OTOOPCs has some nice fanservice in the beginning that's related

RyannWolfgang
2008-02-28, 09:37 PM

Meh, Funny to say that.

I'm more of an "Upper" guy, but hey, that's just me.

I really don't care if she's got a big ass or not.

It makes no difference. In a fantasy world (SPECIALLY ONE WITH SIMPLE GRAPHICS) Haley is the representation of beauty.

So... I believe she is hotter than most girls on the strip but in a way you want to. (Just like in books with no pictures, you have some cues and hints, but it's all up to you how the characters actually do look like!)

Not that I've ever catch myself picturing Haley...

Seriously, I haven't.

Not even I am that geek.

Alright, what the hell? I picture her just like my girlfriend!

Although, she can't have much breast, since it would mess up her Archery abilities. :smallannoyed:

:elan: - Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy... Haley's big butt!!

Ps: hey, cool, I've just made myself a cool signature for the Forum!

Phase
2008-02-28, 10:57 PM
No, I think that under 3 of int your character acts after animal instincts.

I once played a character that managed to get a 20 str. and a 2 int.

I was able to physically knock down buildings (homebrew race), however, when contacted by a short green man my group had encountered before, he asked me his name (most of us assumed that he was one of gods, as was true) and I responded in the following manner:

'I strain my lime-sized, semi-brain to the point of an aneurysm. Thinking my hardest I let out one word:
F-fishy..."'

The GM gave me a ton of role-playing exp :smallbiggrin:

But the God came and reigned chaos in the climax of the campaign...